• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

terrible

Banned
I like to spice things up once in a while, what can I say. Destroy or steal my tank when I'm repairing it and you can bet I'll run you over if I see you again haha. Dick move or not it's happening!

terrible

Banned
you're supposed to do that to recons in the hills (i do this). TK'ing people who were on their way to PTFO is bad mmmkay?

You're doing gods work.

Those guys spent the first ~300 tickets up near the dam DMR spamming before coming down to destroy my tank as I repaired it. They got what they deserved in my opinion. I'm typically too busy trying to win to care but as soon as their stupidity directly hurts my game it's on lol.

olimpia84

Servers on the PS4 for Conquest Large were working great last night. Had three straight rubberband free games and it was awesome.

mitchman

Gold Member
Has anyone had a rubber banding free experience on Naval Strike EU servers? Wouldn't be surprised if they update the US servers first.

mitchman

Gold Member
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/bf4-high-performance-servers/

As you know, we’ve been looking into resolving the “rubber banding” that some players on certain platforms have experienced with Battlefield 4 after the recent release of Naval Strike. We’ve found that the root cause of the issue was a configuration of certain hardware types dedicated to 64-player matches.

We have invested in new hardware to resolve this issue and deployed new higher-performance servers this week. In preparation, we conducted a significant amount of testing before installing the new servers to ensure they would correct the issue. We are already seeing performance improvement with 64-player matches and expect this to continue.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
No more rubber banding for me but i got a bunch of weird framerate drops.
Im not talking about "Lots of stuff on screen framerate drops" but "im in the spawn menu and the game runs at 20fps framerate drops"

But hey, its playable!

Cronnie

I hopped on for the first time in three weeks today.

Played a few rounds of Naval Strike conquest, no rubber-banding at all while on foot, but I did get a little while I was in the jet on Lost Islands. After the fourth round, got kicked out of the server with a 'lost connection to session' message or something similar.

Apart from getting booted out at the end, definitely a major improvement over how the games used to run, especially on NS maps.

Carrier Assault isn't bad, but it's so bland. The first half of the game feels like you're waiting around for the Carrier to open up (because it happens so damn fast), then the second half becomes a frame-rate dropping clusterfuck because there's way too many players for the carriers. The carriers are well designed, but not for that amount of people, which just overwhelms the defenses. The carrier doors that lead out of spawn are laggy as hell and you get killed with them closed often.

Defense seems to be gettign better than when the mode first came out. I myself had a good defense in one game last night, but overall, once you get cleared out fo the first room its over.

There's also no repercussion for stacking the enemy carrier once its breached – the enemy can take all the control points, but it won't destroy your ship faster than you can arm theirs.

I'm not even sure there's a good way to fix any of this. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing 'crit' areas on the carriers that you could attack with lock-on weapons in the first phase, which would dare boats, helis, and jets to make runs on the enemy carrier to breach it faster.

The parachute spawn stacks the deck too much in the offenses' favor. I get that its a chore to get onto the carrier otherwise, but a middle ground needs to be found.

Overall, I think I'll try to get the medal but play it sparingly. Maps still sem good for conquest, though.

fritolay

The Battlefield series is my go to series, multiple platforms. I have had much patience with BF4 as I just do expect things to take time. Most all issues have been beat to death and I do think it is now a popular thing to bash Dice, EA, and Battlefield, deservedly.

The ONE thing that really really bugs me is this - Since BF4 launched we have been dealing with issues because EA didn't want to provide quality servers? (Didn't want to spend the money) Are you kidding me?????? If it truly is because of server hardware performance, how could they not know this since launch? If they did, what took hem so long, just the $$$? I bet there are some EPIC stores on the Dice team on the behind the scenes stories for BF4.

That is a slap in the face to even the dedicated fan base that has been there for years.

I wonder if Dice didn't get the Battlefront series, that BF4 would be treated better. I also thought it was cool when Dice was going to make Battlefront, but now I don't know.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Carrier Assault isn't bad, but it's so bland. The first half of the game feels like you're waiting around for the Carrier to open up (because it happens so damn fast), then the second half becomes a frame-rate dropping clusterfuck because there's way too many players for the carriers. The carriers are well designed, but not for that amount of people, which just overwhelms the defenses. The carrier doors that lead out of spawn are laggy as hell and you get killed with them closed often.

QYSXLM5.gif

No. No they aren't. Literally four hallways.

I haven't seen anyone mention this lately, but the killcards seems to be busted again. Heard murmurs of it the past week or two.

lately ive had broken killcams in different ways than before, not showing the wrong guy again or wrong health but not showing killcam at all or staying in the killcam screen FOR THE REST OF THE MAP.

Well shit, it was there at 1pm when i looked at work...... I can find sites even referencing it but their links are dead.

Now im pissed i missed it.

TheSeks

Well, 12 more Marksmen ribbons. But scrambles screw my steamroll teams. :/

Also Nanasha has some weird invisible wall issues. I can snipe from an island to A's first-set and through a window and hit nothing. WTF.

TheSeks

DICE™ design: Put two sets on the carrier. WHAT COULD GO WRONG? *GRENADE GRENADE GRENADE GRENADE AIRBURST AIRBURST AIRBURST AIRBURST C4 C4 C4 C4 CLAYMORE CLAYMORE CLAYMORE*

TheSeks

The last two sets on Nansha Strike are utter garbage. Moreso when it's 64 players, christ.

SPAWN OR GET OUT.

But yes. That's the worst design decision for that map. The first two sets aren't bad. But then the last two. Hoo-boy.

Tubie

I've played maps from CR SA NS and Vanilla and not once have I encountered any rubberbanding at all since the fix. It's like playing a whole different game, specially in NS maps. I did notice a few frame rate drops in places where I never noticed anything like it before.

I still take this over how it used to be, the game is almost out of beta now!

AND I WAS NEEDING AMMO. PLZ PLZ PLZ.

Hey man, I was just doing my job. Plus you could have taken the kit from the enemy I killed before I revived you. Or Supports could've done what they are supposed to do and give out ammo.

Edit:
It's weird. The rubber banding is almost 100% gone but it feels like the framerate is way worse somehow. Maybe it's just I couldn't tell the framerate was crap because I was teleporting everything before? I don't know.

Does this happen in certain maps or the multiplayer in general? I get a lower average framerate on Seige of Shanghai compared to other maps for example, maybe it's something similar to that. Granted this is on PC, but perhaps the same happens in PS4/Xbox

terrible

Banned
It's weird. The rubber banding is almost 100% gone but it feels like the framerate is way worse somehow. Maybe it's just I couldn't tell the framerate was crap because I was teleporting everything before? I don't know.

TheSeks

OH KANEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 40x scope to the carrier since they were all sitting there after we broke their morale.

Zero to 500. Drop half a click on the 40x. HEADSHOT HEADSHOT HEADSHOT HEADSHOT HEADSHOT HEADSHOT HEADSHOT.

3 more headshot ribbons to get. \o/

(Though I fucked up on 600 meters. I couldn't get the drop right and got sniped twice. FFFFF)

Top Bottom