• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Since getting the DMRs unlocked I just started using them for a little bit, and wow. Didn't realize they were this strong. Might stop using a carbine as recon for a little while.

Is there a consensus strongest DMR? I went right for the SCAR SV since I've always been a SCAR family fanboy.

So.... what happened?
avUNg9X.jpg

ni0uVF4.jpg
(PS4 version)

terrible

Banned
Since getting the DMRs unlocked I just started using them for a little bit, and wow. Didn't realize they were this strong. Might stop using a carbine as recon for a little while.

Is there a consensus strongest DMR? I went right for the SCAR SV since I've always been a SCAR family fanboy.

The best Carbine is still overall better than the best DMR as far as I'm concerned. The QBU is workable but it's still outclassed in overall effectiveness by the AK 5C and Ace 52, and potentially other carbines too.

Omni

I swear to god these maps look worse than BF3 on consoles, plus rubberbanding seems to be back with a vengeance.
Oh yeah. On the 360 the maps look awful. Oman looks like something on the original Xbox (before the storm, that is)

Figured it was just because of hardware limitations... But I guess if they look worse on PS4, maybe not?

The best Carbine is still overall better than the best DMR as far as I'm concerned. The QBU is workable but it's still outclassed in overall effectiveness by the AK 5C and Ace 52, and potentially other carbines too.

The ease of use at long range is just kind of nuts after basically using only carbines for the entire time I've been playing so far. The ACW-R remains my best weapon at the moment, but I've been using each carbine as I unlock it and I'm liking the M4 at the moment.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Locker wishes it were as clusterfucked as Metro.

THE KING IS BACK FOR 2K14 BABY

MOST POPULAR MAP IN BATTLEFIELD HISTORY

Yeah, I still have no idea how you get in the elevators. Otherwise the map hasn't changed outside of the first set which they somehow made WORSE and made that area the Obliteration variant map.

Awful awful map. Easily the worst returning one.

Caspian and Oman are GDLK while Firestorm is improved in some ways.

Locker wishes it were as clusterfucked as Metro.

THE KING IS BACK FOR 2K14 BABY

MOST POPULAR MAP IN BATTLEFIELD HISTORY

Oh yeah, 4 kill grenade earlier, just like old times. Seriously though, Metro is just as it always was. The other maps are better than expected. Oman is great of course, Caspian is much more fun than it was on 360 on bf3 and Firestorm (while previously hated by me) is much better with 64 players. Had a good time overall with the new (old) maps, though they are certainly not the choices I would make in bringing back bf3 maps.

The ease of use at long range is just kind of nuts after basically using only carbines for the entire time I've been playing so far. The ACW-R remains my best weapon at the moment, but I've been using each carbine as I unlock it and I'm liking the M4 at the moment.

I have really liked the mk11 since the DMR buff. I am able to get consistent kills with it and am using it over the assault rifles a lot. After getting used to a 2-3 shot kill, its hard for me to go back to the m416 or the ace 23.

Stealth Jets in Caspian and even Gulf of Oman are completely worthless. It's easier and more effective to just go infantry and use Stiglas instead, seriously. Then again I don't know what I expected when Stealth Jets have been almost completely worthless since the release of the game anyway. Guess I just miss the F-18 and the Flanker.

Attack Boats in Gulf of Oman seems like an odd decision to me, even with the small canals that go into the map it doesn't feel like attack boats accomplish much at all, especially since you can't cap any flags with it anyway. Although it could be useful in case the U.S. team gets capped out, but that's pretty much it for the most part.

Metro is still a terrible map and will always be a terrible map. Operation Firestorm is okay, happy that they included an Attack Jet instead of 2 Stealth Jets like in Caspian and Oman. Oman is good, would have preferred a stronger sandstorm but it's fine as is. Caspian is also a ton of fun to play in, although I prefer the BF3 color palette.

Decent DLC so far personally speaking. Loving the F2000 at the moment, and I'm glad me and Seks got that horrible GOL Magnum assignment out of the way relatively quickly.

Oh yeah. On the 360 the maps look awful. Oman looks like something on the original Xbox (before the storm, that is)

Figured it was just because of hardware limitations... But I guess if they look worse on PS4, maybe not?
No I meant on PS4 these maps look comparable to the BF3 versions... On 360. Half the textures seem to be missing, tons of aliasing and pop in...

Kibbles

I swear to god these maps look worse than BF3 on consoles, plus rubberbanding seems to be back with a vengeance.

The maps do look worse on my PS4 than I remember BF3 looking on Xbox 360. :s Pretty disappointed how ugly they are. Haven't played Caspian yet though. Doesn't even seem like there is any form of AA whatsoever either.

Attack Boats in Gulf of Oman seems like an odd decision to me, even with the small canals that go into the map it doesn't feel like attack boats accomplish much at all, especially since you can't cap any flags with it anyway. Although it could be useful in case the U.S. team gets capped out, but that's pretty much it for the most part.

an attack boat CREAMED my LAV on Oman. one helluva way to find out about that change, i was not expecting that at all!

Rey

Ok I'm an idiot. All this time I thought that Operation Metro was Seine Crossing. So I was like.. WTH Just 3 flags? Till I realized this isn't the map I thought it would be. Wat a horrendous map.

Rey

No I meant on PS4 these maps look comparable to the BF3 versions... On 360. Half the textures seem to be missing, tons of aliasing and pop in...

I had the same first impression. It felt a bit barren. It looks like medium settings on PC which is disappointing.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It makes no sense.

And as if it wasn't naturally going to migrate there anyways (ahem, Operation Locker) it forces almost all conflict for the majority of the match to occur in the same area. An area involving stairs, stairs, stairs and a useless elevator or two.

Not a fan of Metro or Locker.
I just can't see the appeal of "Grinder Maps" unless your just in it for points/nade kills.

Hit 110 tonight...thought my Battlepack would gimme some "you hit cap" goodies..
Nope..
All 50% XP boost and a Laser for the 416.

Guess non-gun unlocks will come from Monthly Battlepacks? Still missing quite a few Camo's, a knife or two, and some other goodies.

Guess my main goal now is back to trying to unlock every attachment for every gun. Loving the PDW's...The PDW-R and PP are sick!

Hit 1k kills with my Assualt ACE-23 finally. Told myself it was time to retire a week or two ago and decided to bring it out on Dawnbreaker to get those last few kills before 1k..
Went 57-16...gun is to easy lol

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hit 110 tonight...thought my Battlepack would gimme some "you hit cap" goodies..
Nope..
All 50% XP boost and a Laser for the 416.

Guess non-gun unlocks will come from Monthly Battlepacks? Still missing quite a few Camo's, a knife or two, and some other goodies.

Gross!

You sometimes can get paints in weapon Battlepacks. Maybe knives too, but I don't know 'cause I've never gotten any.

Finally unlocked the SKS! It feels really nice with the angled grip. I've been using the PSO 4x scope, canted for close range.

Racked up a ton of losses today, stupid unbalanced teams. I should just quit after 3 losses in a row, instead of going to a different match and losing another 3 D:

Acorn

The ruskis have quite the advantage on Oman Conquest. They had set up a bunch of soflams and took out any vehicles that was used in the ship lol

Omni

I wish they'd just remove DMRs. They only serve to annoy. I hate it.

Regular snipers are bad enough, sitting 400m away from the action and taking potshots at you from behind a rock. But the DMRs? They're far too versatile. I really dislike the whole 'three hits to kill' buff they've received. All people do is spam the hell out of them in CQ and hope that they pull off a headshot while you can't aim for shit because of suppression and that stupid god damn sound

rSpooky

I installed the Geforce 334.89 driver today and I'm still getting the sound loop crash. :/ If the map is Paracel Storm, Operation Locker, Dawnbreaker, or now Operation Metro the game almost instantly freezes.

If you go on the Battlelog forums you see a giant message that says

of course there's no date for the patch release.

Yeah I have the same issue, first I thought the new driver caused it , but quickly came to realize it didn't work. All the suggested possible fixes I tried made no difference either.
Really sucks too as A friend gave me premium so I could group up , because I didn't want to shell out the money for it, and looks like it will be a while before I can join up no after all.. lol

Woo-Fu

Banned

You didn't realize they were that strong because they weren't until a recent patch. Carbine is still much better at close range but running with a DMR gives you a lot more range which I find useful, particularly on the China Rising maps. Carrying a DMR I'm comfortable knowing that I can kill just about anybody I see, at any range.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
My 1st gif from my recording of playing it.=3

i8VHIvWhG1sox.gif

Been playing on this map since day one and seen this happen for the 1st time today when Second Assault was out for Premium, lol wut, I thought the graphical bugs like this were gone. Fix it DICE!!!

This crap happens even when I went in that building as the graphics were glitching out.
That glitch was already there i believe, theres one similar in Hainan Resort.
Its a BSP/culling issue

Ah welcome back almost unplayable lag, i've missed you (PS4)
Yup, couldnt play 2nd Assault due the lag.
I believe i've had about 2 weeks of lag free gameplay since release.

Facism

So i spent a whole round on Caspian being a lame cunt and taking out enemy jets before they could take off. their AA was useless. When i eventually got shot down i parachuted into a waiting enemy jet and continued my laming spree.

My dick has a deadlier shot than BF4 stealth jets.

I'm fucking hating this delay in kills i've been getting since second Assault. Guys literally die about 1 second after i actually kill them. Feels like i'm playing p2p xbl.

Mafro

I wish they'd just remove DMRs. They only serve to annoy. I hate it.

Regular snipers are bad enough, sitting 400m away from the action and taking potshots at you from behind a rock. But the DMRs? They're far too versatile. I really dislike the whole 'three hits to kill' buff they've received. All people do is spam the hell out of them in CQ and hope that they pull off a headshot while you can't aim for shit because of suppression and that stupid god damn sound
PSHT! PSHT! PSHT! PSHT!

I never bothered with DMRs before until I got the unlock pack last night and tried out the M29 (which I understand is the best one) and they are pretty damn good.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I now get a regular flashing icon of four white cubes roughly top right of the HUD. Doing some research this appears to be an method for DICE to identify problems users are facing in screenshots and videos.

What does mine specifically mean? Packet loss?

Paganmoon

I now get a regular flashing icon of four white cubes roughly top right of the HUD. Doing some research this appears to be an method for DICE to identify problems users are facing in screenshots and videos.

iirc, it's supposed to indicate packet loss, high ping or major frame drops. But no real info on it. Not sure if it's a different problem if a different cube is dark. As I've seen it pop up a few times for me with the third from the top being dark and the others white.

Rey

I believe so yess. I just saw it a couple of days ago. I immediately checked my xbox one and saw that it was downloading an update in standby mode, which was causing the packetloss in my case.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1wk151/ninja_updates_thread/cf2rhr5
The HUD icons (as seen here: http://i.imgur.com/R731QMk.png) are indicators of if anything is going wrong with your client such as packet loss, FPS drops, etc.
They're meant so when you guys post videos/screenshots, we can tell at a glance what a probable cause of the issue is related to.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cheer guys, thought as much. Must be something like whichever box is greyed out indicates whatever issue. Wish we knew what. I always get the third from the top.

Shadybiz

Played the new maps last night. I think Caspian Border looks gorgeous, but maybe I'm biased because it was my favorite map in BF3. Metro is Metro. I'm not sure why they made it so short this time around. I guess I dig the addition of the elevators; it's JUST a bit harder for the upper level team to dominate at "B" with those, I think.

Firestorm is okay, I guess. I'm going to have to spend a little more time with Oman. I never played that map much in BF3, so I'll have to play it some more to get my bearings. I had a couple of good rounds as squad leader; squaddies generally went where I marked, and we worked well together. It amazes me how many rounds I play where the leader just doesn't mark an objective at all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People have said the maps have shrunk, but I don't really see it. If it has, good. It means less having to hoof it on Caspian for the last set for me.

I'm on PS4 and every time I use the SOFLAM or Mortar, I always get trapped in their camera modes while using them and can't exit out. Shouldn't hitting circle exit me out? After trying every button/moving the sticks, sometimes I can get out, but most times I get killed by someone. Has anyone else had this problem?

Top Bottom