• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

For the greater scope of Battlefield's play, Metro is a good contender for the worst map in the franchise's history. It serves one purpose: clusterfuck, lazy killroom KDR wank and unlock/level grinding. That's it. It's an atrocious map that plays to literally none of Battlefield's strengths, all of it's weaknesses, unless you get the perfect mode with the perfect amount of players (which is fuck all). Even then I'm not so sure.

Metro Rush is cool

Jrmint

Question about Domination in this game.

I was reading the descriptions of the game modes and it says how it uses smaller maps. Are there specific Domination maps, or do they use smaller versions of the existing maps? Also do the dlc maps also support Domination?

Milennia

Question about Domination in this game.

I was reading the descriptions of the game modes and it says how it uses smaller maps. Are there specific Domination maps, or do they use smaller versions of the existing maps? Also do the dlc maps also support Domination?

Smaller, cut up section of existing maps, and yes the DLC maps support it.

Jrmint

Smaller, cut up section of existing maps, and yes the DLC maps support it.
Nice. In that sense then is there like 2-3 times as many Domination maps since they can cut up existing maps 2-3 times, or is it just one smaller version per map?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You cannot explain some of the design decisions that were made for this game.

However I'm going to assume its a side effect of the 360-ps3 browser, which only has normal conquest.
For real:
DICE MP Experience Meeting
Dice Designer 1: Yo guys i have this awesome idea, lets remove the Squad Up option!
Dice Designer 2: Yeah! Why expend resources on a squad option already implemented on the previous game?
* High Five *

Im gonna give it one more month, if the game is still unplayable im done.

Great question. I asked again just today:
Ped1k60.png

terrible

Banned
No. Swim. As in DIVE under it.

The wall is fine. It adds cover that the chain-length fence in BF3 didn't. You can blow the tower's "struts" to prevent cover for snipers and there's ways around it.

I don't like going inside since shotguns. I hate shotguns.

The map is basically ruined for me. Who knew a simple wall could make me hate one of my previous fav maps.

Milennia

Nice. In that sense then is there like 2-3 times as many Domination maps since they can cut up existing maps 2-3 times, or is it just one smaller version per map?

Just a single section sadly.
They tend to be the more urban areas of the maps, such as cargo crates etc.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't like going inside since shotguns. I hate shotguns.

The map is basically ruined for me. Who knew a simple wall could make me hate one of my previous fav maps.

The map isn't "ruined." If people are in there with shotguns, they're not capping B/C/D on either side of that wall. They're camping and not PTFO. Even then, you can take an RPG and tank and blow up the top of the "strut" to where they have to camp in the stairs. It's no big deal.

In fact the map has improved twenty-fold because of the "sewer" entrance into the new tower/smoke-stack area that triggers the Levolution/"burn-off" collapse in that same area. You now have an alternate route in addition to the two ways that were in Caspian BF3.

Add in the wall to where the tanks can't just fire on people after destroying the chain-link fence around B/C/D and you have infantry play and the ability to sneak around the wall by going under water to surprise someone that would've seen you normally (outside of the "cover" that was A first-set defense) at B.

Give the map some time, it'll grow on you I'm pretty sure. I can understand the *shock* of the changes, but it's good.

Compare it to Metro's first set that changed a lot but didn't really fix most of the dynamics that were the problems with that set. In fact, Metro BF4 has made that set worse to attempt to smoke even with the throw-able smoke grenades, the XM28 Smoke and M320 Smoke. You don't have a lot of "safe travel" to reach the areas to smoke. So you have to smoke train but you have long-sight lines for the defense to see you before you can reach that smoke/resupply it.

TheSeks

They changed the first set of Oman Rush. WTF, DICE. :(

Played my first set of Second Assault yesterday. Gulf of Oman was the only map I'd managed never to play before (by the time Karkand came out for BF3 I'd mostly stopped playing and I never played it in earlier games). Considering all the love the map gets I thought I'd have more fun with it but I have no idea how to play that map at all. It feels like a ton of open space to get sniped at (once with an AS VAL of all things, what) and some apartment towers that were alright but meh. Anyone got tips for what I should do on that map? Oman was my worst round in a long while and now I'm a bit scared of it.

Ehrmahgerd! this new DLC brough with it the black screen endless loading crashes again! Havent had those since launch before the first big patches...

Das-J

Law of the West
Adding this to the new page for awareness:

You can destroy the walls in Caspian... Try putting a few tank shells / RPGs into them and see how it changes the flow!

Keasar

I wanna punch the people at DICE in the crotch who thought Metro was a goddamn good idea for a map to bring back. A Metro with minimal change apart from a side tunnel and an elevator. Its still a terrible Battlefield map just like Operation Locker.

Also, fuck every CQ server that has this map in their map rotation.

I wanna punch the people at DICE in the crotch who thought Metro was a goddamn good idea for a map to bring back. A Metro with minimal change apart from a side tunnel and an elevator. Its still a terrible Battlefield map just like Operation Locker.

Also, fuck every CQ server that has this map in their map rotation.

It wasn't DICE...it was us.

It was us.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Operation Metro CTF is a 64 player 30 minute grind fest

I only wish that I wouldn't get revived, since that breaks the game.

I read about that CTF revive glitch that makes you unable to respawn for the rest of the match yesterday.

I called it before the update came out to see if DICE would continue to do the only consistent thing they do with a new update, and for the seventh update they did not disappoint by adding a new glitch while just "reducing the chances of others happening".

Ah, DICE.

The only news I want to hear from them now aside from the game actually being fixed is when they're going to give Premium away for free, or at least Second Assault, because I'd be down for some free Second Assault.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ehrmahgerd! this new DLC brough with it the black screen endless loading crashes again! Havent had those since launch before the first big patches...
Try waiting a bit.
I think that The 'endless' loading screen is a mix of the Matchmaking looking for a match and + Result Screen Time (Without the result screen)
Is not an actual freeze (at least on my case)

TheSeks

2 kill assists in a round continues to elude me.

STOP RUNNING INTO MY EXPLOSIONS AND DYINGS, DUDES. RUN INTO SOMEONE ELSES AFTER MINE! D:

TheSeks

Finally got it with 2000 tickets Metro 64. I guess DICE knows their playerbase since that has a long queue?

daevv

What happens when I put C4 on a friendly chopper? Nothing or does it blow up easier when hit by the enemy?

Some prick-agent was screaming and text chatting to anyone who got in "his" chopper as he was waiting for a friend to go trophy hunting on Oman. A friend who may or may not of showed up. After a few mins of this me and another player covered the chopper in C4.

It was fairly early in the game so I switched teams a little after that and went chopper hunting the rest of the match. :)

Fersis

How long is a bit?

I've been just dropping out after a couple minutes or so when that happens, since a couple times I tried waiting for more than five minutes. Just assumed it was frozen.
Oh then its frozen =/
I've waited for about 30-40 secs and it worked.

Bombless

Played on all the SA maps : Firestorm is still shit, Metro is just as shit, Caspian and Oman are okay.

Caspian has shrunk terribly and the wall is kind of pointless. The Oman sandstorm is pretty cool, plus it renders all those bloody snipers ontop of cranes/buildings more or less useless. It seems the spotting range is down to 100m too.

Schlep

Been playing mostly Domination for the past few weeks. Metro and Gulf of Oman are actually very good maps for that. Caspian not so much. Firestorm is straight up awful. not quite to the level of Altai Range, but close.

Bombless

Been playing mostly Domination for the past few weeks. Metro and Gulf of Oman are actually very good maps for that. Caspian not so much. Firestorm is straight up awful. not quite to the level of Altai Range, but close.

That fucking road. Nothing like infantry only maps and having to cross wide open spaces between the points.

Woo-Fu

Banned
When the game works it is pretty fun. I was on Oman and got sick of the Attack Boats coming up the river so I swam out about 100 yards and waited with c4. Probably didn't do anything for my stats treading water for 5m but eventually I blew up one of those attack boats in the middle of the ocean. Surprise!

When the game works it is pretty fun. I was on Oman and got sick of the Attack Boats coming up the river so I swam out about 100 yards and waited with c4. Probably didn't do anything for my stats treading water for 5m but eventually I blew up one of those attack boats in the middle of the ocean. Surprise!
Lol that is awesome. I would be so pissed off if I was that boat driver haha. Gotta love battlefield for stuff like this.

TheSeks

That's not lvl dummy.

I know

Fifth hard-freeze to task manager shutdown for me today.

Wish there was a *NIX port so I could just leave a terminal on and kill the process quickly. *sigh*

DICE said:
GOLD BATTLEPACK - Reach rank 97 SHARE
Opened 14 seconds ago
25% XP BOOST
50% XP BOOST
50% XP BOOST
DOT NAVAL
Paint
25% XP BOOST

KCSeU4L.png

Top Bottom