• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I'm on PS4 and every time I use the SOFLAM or Mortar, I always get trapped in their camera modes while using them and can't exit out. Shouldn't hitting circle exit me out? After trying every button/moving the sticks, sometimes I can get out, but most times I get killed by someone. Has anyone else had this problem?
Try L2 or Square not circle.

People have said the maps have shrunk, but I don't really see it. If it has, good. It means less having to hoof it on Caspian for the last set for me.
Dunno, Operation Metro felt quite good last night. The new Caspian is awesome.
Hey i even like Firestorm now!

Paganmoon

Cheer guys, thought as much. Must be something like whichever box is greyed out indicates whatever issue. Wish we knew what. I always get the third from the top.

Same, been searching, but haven't found any info on it. Getting the same box greyed every now and then.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
is there any benefit to buying the ps4 version over ps3? Does the ps4 version run at a stable 60fps?

Depends. Have you seen Titanfalls 12-player matches? 64-player matches? Yes? Then you want that? Yes? Then get the next-gen version.

If you're fine with Titanfall's player counts, then get the last-gen version.

Metro has gotten even worse. How can it still only have 3 flags? There are forty more players than BF3 on consoles. It's a bigger clusterfuck than Locker. If you take B from the bank side, it seems incredibly difficult to lose. Oman is okay; I enjoy the sandstorm (how is it triggered?), but the map is too big. It has the same problem as Golmud, that the map naturally falls into two zones. Firestorm is meh. I do like Caspian. Still, these are not the maps I would have chosen for updating.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Metro as part of a 64 player conquest map cycle.

*shakes head*

Metro has gotten even worse. How can it still only have 3 flags? There are forty more players than BF3 on consoles. It's a bigger clusterfuck than Locker. If you take B from the bank side, it seems incredibly difficult to lose. Oman is okay; I enjoy the sandstorm (how is it triggered?), but the map is too big. It has the same problem as Golmud, that the map naturally falls into two zones. Firestorm is meh. I do like Caspian. Still, these are not the maps I would have chosen for updating.

For the greater scope of Battlefield's play, Metro is a good contender for the worst map in the franchise's history. It serves one purpose: clusterfuck, lazy killroom KDR wank and unlock/level grinding. That's it. It's an atrocious map that plays to literally none of Battlefield's strengths, all of it's weaknesses, unless you get the perfect mode with the perfect amount of players (which is fuck all). Even then I'm not so sure.

Facism

i'm feeling caspian more now. The wall, the collapsed tower and runoff pipe into D flag all add to the map. Glad to have aBF4 map that has actual airspace and not some narrow corridor (caught rogue transmission/hymen resort/dongbreaker)

Oman i really haven't had much of a go at despite being my GOAT map in BF. Only really hoofed it around A-D flags. Does E/F have more building you can go inside now? I saw the crane collapse and there haven't been many instances of recons camping Loser towers.

Metro was alright in 32 player. Still a grinder but a fun grinder compared the shit that is Operation Locker.

Firestorm still a bit wank.

Horrible iron sights and fire rate on the m60 :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Operation Metro 2014 > Operation Locker > Op Metro (BF3)
Deal with it Bros.

Caspian Border 2014 is the bees knees, and i actually like the new art direction in Firestorm.
China Rising looks so lame now (Except Silk Road)

Kak.efes

I must have killed ten snipers climbing the burn off tower ladder on firestorm yesterday. You just know they were fuming.

TheSeks

I must have killed ten snipers climbing the burn off tower ladder on firestorm yesterday. You just know they were fuming.

People be trollin' those that are going for the GOL there. I feel bad for them.

Fuck DICE for that assignment. I GOT MINE.

Facism

i'll never get the GOL, i haven't the patience to jump through their ridiculous hoops to get it.

Maybe i can find someone to boost it with me

TheSeks

i'll never get the GOL, i haven't the patience to jump through their ridiculous hoops to get it.

Maybe i can find someone to boost it with me

That's what I and I think a bunch of people did. It's pointless to try to get it normally since you HAVE to get a Sniper Ribbon in the same round.

I don't think the Sniper Kills ON the tower (not IN the tower, ON/BEFORE IT'S DESTROYED, at least up the elevator level) count toward that. Me and Kane did the Sniper Ribbon somewhere away from people and then rushed our 5 kills ON the tower by placing a beacon near it and rushing the elevator to get up there to get our kills.

Fuck DICE for that assignment.

So is there a chance that eventually servers will have all the maps on rotation? I find it kinda annoying to have to select if I want to play the DLC or not. Would kinda of just rather they were being rotated in with the regular maps.

Stoffinator

I never cared for Metro on BF3 but hate it more even now with 64players. What the hell was DICE thinking? I couldn't see or hear anything on this map cause of all the debris and grenades going off. And only three flags? I thought it was a bigger map on PC (there for the PS4 version would be).

Firestorm I like; but again I liked it on BF3 as well. But love the bigger version. A nice tank level. Caspian Border doesn't even fell the same at all. But I guess that was the idea. But still fun to play. Not sure how I feel about the wall however.

After playing all these maps, I just want the rest ported over. So much better laid out and interesting than any of the BF4 maps.

TheSeks

Nope. Metro 64 is the same as it was in BF3's 64-variant of it. Just now "ALT ROUTES" that aren't really alt-routes.

terrible

Banned
Nope. Metro 64 is the same as it was in BF3's 64-variant of it. Just now "ALT ROUTES" that aren't really alt-routes.

Metro: Now with more chokepoints!

I finally unlocked the F2000. It took me 4 or 5 tries because the assists thing was really hard. I ended up using the M32 LVG to get it. I feel dirty but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

You can swim under it.

Swim? Like a glitch or something? I just really don't like the wall. It's a needless chokepoint.

TheSeks

Swim? Like a glitch or something? I just really don't like the wall. It's a needless chokepoint.

No. Swim. As in DIVE under it.

The wall is fine. It adds cover that the chain-length fence in BF3 didn't. You can blow the tower's "struts" to prevent cover for snipers and there's ways around it.

Metro: Now with more chokepoints!

I finally unlocked the F2000. It took me 4 or 5 tries because the assists thing was really hard. I ended up using the M32 LVG to get it. I feel dirty but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

No, dive under it. You can also dive into a tunnel that leads into the control room at D. It is a trophy too.

Facism

That's what I and I think a bunch of people did. It's pointless to try to get it normally since you HAVE to get a Sniper Ribbon in the same round.

I don't think the Sniper Kills ON the tower (not IN the tower, ON/BEFORE IT'S DESTROYED, at least up the elevator level) count toward that. Me and Kane did the Sniper Ribbon somewhere away from people and then rushed our 5 kills ON the tower by placing a beacon near it and rushing the elevator to get up there to get our kills.

Fuck DICE for that assignment.

Wish i had a few people that played regular on my friendslist :eek:

Mafro

Caspian Border was my favourite map in BF3 but I'm not liking the changes here, particularly how it's smaller.

So is there a chance that eventually servers will have all the maps on rotation? I find it kinda annoying to have to select if I want to play the DLC or not. Would kinda of just rather they were being rotated in with the regular maps.

Yes, yes, and more yes. Dice, put DLC in the goddamn rotation. It's really annoying.

I'm on PS4 and every time I use the SOFLAM or Mortar, I always get trapped in their camera modes while using them and can't exit out. Shouldn't hitting circle exit me out? After trying every button/moving the sticks, sometimes I can get out, but most times I get killed by someone. Has anyone else had this problem?

Holding
20090730000942!PS3_Square.png
will exit you out of those modes.

is there any benefit to buying the ps4 version over ps3? Does the ps4 version run at a stable 60fps?

correct me if I'm wrong but I think only PS4,XB1 and PC versions have Conquest Large modes.

Conquest

Conquest Large

Das-J

Law of the West
Dunno, Operation Metro felt quite good last night. The new Caspian is awesome.
Hey i even like Firestorm now!

:)

Seems like many of you are unaware that you can destroy the walls in Caspian... Try putting a few tank shells / RPGs into them and see how it changes the flow!

Top Bottom