• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Milennia

Played 7 matches of hardline ps4.

Really disappointed so far.
Found it really slow, ill be playing a good bit as the week goes on, may change my judgment.

terrible

Banned
I think it's over now. About 20 minutes ago people that got the beta through the XMB app reported that only about 6% of codes were still available...

Sorry that you couldn't get in... :-(

Did you at least try to register at the site? I did, and if I get a code or something I'll give it to you!

Yeah I registered on the website as well but I was slow so I probably missed out.

Thanks for the code offer, though I think if you do get one you should give it to someone who's a bit more enthusiastic about the game than me haha. Realistically I'd probably only play for a few hours then go back to BF4 so don't waste it on me!

DICE needs to make it so you can't put C4 on jeeps. So tired of being ninja jihaaded..

cxg5sKC.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So: Cops vs Robbers/Hardline:

-Load screen is kinda neat
-Loading is still bad
-UI is fuck awful
-SPM = "Cash Per Minute" used to buy upgrades, no progression. A gift (no update ranks) and a curse (broken shit can be bought faster)
-Small arms fire = damage cars/helicopters (LMG doesn't seem to do that for helicopters/wildly inaccurate to hit air vehicles?). Said small arms fire will kill you if you're close. :/
-Armored SUV is fucking annoying. You can't hip fire at the gunner without hitting the vehicle. Fucking stupid.
-Can't shoot the glass of the vehicles to kill the people inside. Okay, you can but it's wonky as hell.
-Knives are in, well one is. But you have to buy it. Maybe it replaces the janky baton and bat animations.
-There's no progression needed. So small levels are a gift (BC1 max rank fast?) and a curse (whiners about ranks, weapon unlocks are still per kills it seems)
-You can "E to heal/resupply" from dumbass teammates that DO NOT throw out kit items. Thank you based DICE/Visceral for FINALLY doing this. You answered my prayers.

Heist:

-Rush/Sabotage/CTF mix.
-"Rush" the armored trucks to place explosives that explode to get the money. Cops can reset these if you aren't careful. If blown, it turns into "CTF" to deliver to "Sabotage" points. A/B doesn't ever change. B on this map is apparently a transport chopper so if cops grab it (or maybe it's just blocked by the chopper? IDK) it's easy to troll the robbers.
-B on this map is impossible if the police camps the roof. Like, for real. And since the Robbers get NO air vehicle on this map/mode it's impossible to get it to the roof. The grapple hook won't go up to the "window cleaning" scaffold and I don't think that's a "levolution"/event to bring down by riding the elevator up, destroying a window and getting on that. BTW, battlepick up Grapple Hook there so you DO NOT need to buy the hook if you want to use it tactically.

Blood Money:
-Cap the money (can carry more than the first "grab" to a max) Deposit it at a point. So not a huge different from Heist but more "focused"/smaller map it seems.
-I'm not really seeing much of a difference from Heist. Outside of there being a "deposit" limit (max you can carry is 600K) being like 12 million or something. I guess this is Hardline's "Conquest" variant but it's more "Conquest-the-Flag" than anything.
-AHHHH: Enemies can steal from your "deposit" to remove your cap limit.
-Limit if $5million

Overall: Mod of BF4 out of 10. It's kinda fun despite the clunk. But $60 (more like $120 with Premium) worth? NO. Stick with BF4 or earlier titles, IMO.

Bug (if 2MF is reading this and can relay it to DICE/Visceral): Revive while a gas grenade went off/killed you or something (not sure what kiled me didn't pay attention) = drunk solider that'll lean back and forth while you're alive. Amusing, but fucking annoying after a bit trying to aim at someone while your aim constantly shifts. It's doable (since your aim doesn't actually "shift") but the visual is annoying.

Tubie

Overall: Mod of BF4 out of 10. It's kinda fun despite the clunk. But $60 (more like $120 with Premium) worth? NO. Stick with BF4 or earlier titles, IMO.

This is how I feel. BF4 will be played/populated for a long time and I already invested $110 in it, not doing that again for this. I'm also worried they haven't mentioned 64 player modes. If there's no Conquest then it's even easier for me to turn this down.

TheSeks

This is how I feel. BF4 will be played/populated for a long time and I already invested $110 in it, not doing that again for this. I'm also worried they haven't mentioned 64 player modes. If there's no Conquest then it's even easier for me to turn this down.

I dunno, non-Conquest modes are dying. BF4 launch (and months) really fucked up the player base/count. People either went back to BC2 or BF3 on PC. I could see Hardline taking a few others. But I can't see justifying buying Hardline for $30 much less $60.

It feels like a $15 title, like Titanfall.

JJD

So: Cops vs Robbers/Hardline:

-You can "E to heal/resupply" from dumbass teammates that DO NOT throw out kit items. Thank you based DICE/Visceral for FINALLY doing this. You answered my prayers.

This is a game changer!!! So if I'm next to a support or medic I just need to hit a button and I'll get healed, resupplied??? This is what LvlCap was talking about when he said Visceral fixed an issue that plagued BF since the first game!

I have the beta downloaded but I can't play it until tomorrow... :-(

Don't know how I feel about SPM = Money. My SPM is around 800/900 without boosters, it's not that high... :-( Maybe I'll go back at being hyper aggressive when playing Hardline!

Thanks for the impressions Seks!

This is a game changer!!! So if I'm next to a support or medic I just need to hit a button and I'll get healed, resupplied??? This is what LvlCap was talking about when he said Visceral fixed an issue that plagued BF since the first game!

I have the beta downloaded but I can't play it until tomorrow... :-(

Don't know how I feel about SPM = Money. My SPM is around 800/900 without boosters, it's not that high... :-( Maybe I'll go back at being hyper aggressive when playing Hardline!

Thanks for the impressions Seks!

hope they add that to vehicles too. just park next to a dumbass and press a button and i get repaired.

JJD

hope they add that to vehicles too. just park next to a dumbass and press a button and i get repaired.

Lol, that would be funny!

Just saw that on Hardline the ballistic shield protects your back when you're not using it...WTF...

Edit: Lololol there is a gadget that let's you revive yourself! ROFL! So if I kill a dude I'll have to keep watching him for 5, 10 seconds more or else he'll get up and shot me on the back (that is if I'm not equipped with a ballistic shield)! I don't know about those changes man...

Edit 2: Get a headshot and the guy won't be able to revive himself. I wonder if the headshot has to be the last hit or if it doesn't matter...

Lol, that would be funny!

Just saw that on Hardline the ballistic shield protects your back when you're not using it...WTF...

Edit: Lololol there is a gadget that let's you revive yourself! ROLF! So if I kill a dude I'll have to keep watching him for 5, 10 seconds more or else he'll get up and shot me on the back (that is if I'm not equipped with a ballistic shield)! I don't know about those changes man...
sounds like a fan mod. the want $15 for this expansion pak?

JJD

If you take out a guy with a non lethal weapon such as the taser or the baseball bat you can try (don't know how) to interrogate him. If you're successful every enemy will appear on the mini map for 15 seconds.

Yeah I don't like this, it's even worse than commander mode UAV. With the amount of people that will be sniping on rooftops being easy prey to interrogation your teammates and enemies will be on the mini map the whole game.

lord pie

Guess what? I really don't give a shit what you think. :p

Awww :p

In any case I meant it more as a general observation :D. People are so obsessed with teabagging, and it really does look utterly ridiculous. I laugh so hard when people get killed doing it :p
I prefer jumping around like an idiot instead.

TheSeks

Well, you get to pick which "perk" you want (repair unit/et. al.) in Blood Money. So that's a counter there. But I didn't see any self-repairing vehicles, which is already a step back in the right direction.

The major problem (IMO) is that the armored vehicles look similar to non-armored so it's a little confusing until you adjust on knowing if you can hit a vehicle. That and the armored SUV gunner being able to hit you faster than you can ADS to take them out.

(Also DICE/Visceral has made the repair tool a buy item/non default. Like the reviver. WTF DICE/Visceral?)

JJD said:
If you take out a guy with a non lethal weapon such as the taser or the baseball bat you can try (don't know how) to interrogate him. If you're successful every enemy will appear on the mini map for 15 seconds.

If it's the same as Killzone Mercenaries if you kill the "interrogator" after they interrogate someone, (IIRC) the minimap information goes away.

As for SPM on money: Don't think of it as anything but a quick unlocker. Then it's basically a pointless gimmick of a score. Your SPM total just sits there as "cash" on the GUI forever. They should've probably went with another unlock system or hid the cash total outside of the unlock menu.

But the small gear icon for weapon customization is WTF. That's like impossible to hit on the mouse at times since it's so tiny.

Perhaps they're being smart and not handing out beta keys when they know they have limited server capacity. Maybe more keys will go out as new servers go online.

TheSeks

Perhaps they're being smart and not handing out beta keys when they know they have limited server capacity. Maybe more keys will go out as new servers go online.

...There's a shit ton of servers. If I wasn't at work at the moment, I'd screen-cap a list of a bunch of PC US East/West servers with 0/32 with one or two at 32/32.

Akainu

So I join a game that says knife only and the first thing that happens when I join is get shot. Is there no way to actual make a game so you can only use knives for kills?

Tubie

So I join a game that says knife only and the first thing that happens when I join is get shot. Is there no way to actual make a game so you can only use knives for kills?

No, the server admin has to ban them after the fact. I think it's even harder to enforce on consoles.

TheSeks

The ballistic shield is currently a one-hit kill. Even CoD wasn't stupid enough to do that with the riot shield.

Huh? CoD's was one-hit from the back, wasn't it? I know they "nerfed" it in MW2 after a while but it varied on if it was "one-hit kill" at times.

The major problem with the shield in CTE is it's ability to clamber over things and the speed it goes with. If they dropped the mobility and made it two-hit kill or at least less a troll weapon it wouldn't be that bad.

What are people paying for then?

The ability to make your own map rotation and rules when you're on the server. If you're not on the server admin/heavy clan enforcement you're asking for problems on joining those servers.

Might as well just join DICE official (why aren't these on PC? :() and get around half that shit on consoles.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got a code but im not sure i want to.
How's the game so far? Looks like a BF4 DLC to me.
I've seen some BF4 assets here and there =/

TheSeks

Got a code but im not sure i want to.
How's the game so far? Looks like a BF4 DLC to me.
I've seen some BF4 assets here and there =/

...I've already said: BF4 mod. Which is the impression it gave off in previews/leaks.

It's not worth $60, IMO. But if you have a beta code, try it yourself. You can't hurt anything but 6gigs.

(The new modes aren't that great. But they made dumbass teammates into an asset if you can catch up to them to heal/resupply off of and DMRs are back to being recon only)

Mully

Hardline is actually pretty cool. Heist is a great game mode. One suggestion I would make is take out RPGs, but leave the destruction. It feels kind of weird and out of place for both police and crooks to be carrying around shit like that.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I got in the hardline beta but ended up playing vanilla bf4 maps instead lol
Got disconnected at the end, good games guys
Yeah, I wonder if that clan was raging. They all had good KDR every game, so I think they weren't really trying on the objective. We still made them look bad.

meppi

After all the patches and all the fixes it certainly didn't take long for the shit to come back.

Getting killed with one or two shots from ump, getting killed behind cover, etc.
Fuck this shitty company.

meppi

That's the problem. I'm talking about BF4. :(

Had to change servers 3 times before finding one that ran in an acceptable manner.

TheSeks

HNNNNNG. The Dragon Teeth's PDW reload animation. HNNNNG.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
If anyone wants a code you can have mine, let me know.

terrible

Banned
After all the patches and all the fixes it certainly didn't take long for the shit to come back.

Getting killed with one or two shots from ump, getting killed behind cover, etc.
Fuck this shitty company.

Honestly it seems like some servers just haven't been updated yet. That might not actually be the case but when I've had issues like that I just switch servers and usually it's fixed.

Top Bottom