• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
But maybe on consoles due to the controller they "snap to grid" instead of giving you free range like tablet/PC does. Blech, that's bad for you guys.

the console snap to grid makes it nearly impossible to select a specific player unless you zoom in.

It is amazing how even an inexperienced commander can shift the battle. It's unfortunate the commander can't shift back to the battle after the match. That is why I never jump into commander. I would if I could jump back, especially if the other team has a commander. They need to figure out how to balance that better.

I need to ask this again:

How do you switch between loadout presets in game?

My usual Support class has C4. But there are instances where I want the airburst. how do I switch between presets quickly and flexibly?

BHK3

Banned
Is there anything I can do to make sure my stats get tracked and not constantly forgotten? This is maybe the 3rd time it's done this: http://puu.sh/9hIry/22866fd1d5.jpg

Do I avoid certain servers? An origin option to toggle or something? Or is this the same wonky stat bullshit since bad company 1?

9hnqc.png

Schlep

I feel that's one of the byproducts of reduced latency. Before, you could round a corner, spot an enemy, maybe get a couple shots off, and then die. What happened was you rounded the corner, he shot you, and you died, but you were granted enough time to react due to the poor latency. Now you are just dead in that scenario. But it's certainly a benefit if you are the other guy.

It's possible that situation may exist, but it's not what's happening every time. I nearly always finish rounds at the top of my team, if not the round, and now it's a struggle to hit the top 3. Maybe I just had some bad rounds, I don't know. It certainly feels like all the other guy needs is one bullet, maybe two, to put me down. The game went from Battlefield to the original Rainbow Six overnight.

It's possible that situation may exist, but it's not what's happening every time. I nearly always finish rounds at the top of my team, if not the round, and now it's a struggle to hit the top 3. Maybe I just had some bad rounds, I don't know. It certainly feels like all the other guy needs is one bullet, maybe two, to put me down. The game went from Battlefield to the original Rainbow Six overnight.

Sounds like you need a better connection. I went 15-5 in one game & 2-7 in the next. I had fun and no complaints.

Just turned off network smoothing and turned Hi-Fi networking update to High and had a solid romp, (PS4)

EA has really turned BF4 around for me.

Omni

I actually agree.

Granted I haven't been playing my best as of late... but it really does seem like you die far too quickly now. I'm not particularly sure if I like it. On one hand it's nice to be able to take out a group of people when exiting an elevator and not have them kill you because of latency (for example), but on the other... one of the reasons I went from CoD to Battlefield in the first place was that it was a bit slower paced and methodical, if you will.

Hasn't effected my K/D all that much as I'm still generally pulling 3+, but when I do die it feels instant

Commanders shouldn't be so heavily dependent on capture points to be able to do certain actions like spawning the gunship. Commanders are generally at the mercy of how well their team is doing, so they either snowball really fucking hard or become practically useless depending on how the match is going, and while they shouldn't be able to change the course of the battle just by themselves, they should've been given at least something other than being a UAV spamming bot to not only make it more enjoyable to play as a commander, but be able to just do more as one in general.

Artillery should've replaced the cruise missile. The cruise missile is slow as fuck, gives only a vague warning that a missile is coming (which can easily be missed when you are in the middle of a fight). Artillery on the other hand wouldn't have potentially had such a long cooldown to use because it probably wouldn't have had an instant 1 hit kill on everything and would've likely been faster in hitting a target area. Not to mention they could have used the cruise missile explosion effects on them and it would've been pretty cool to see. I'll admit I just seriously don't like the cruise missile and want it gone (and the gunship in it's current state).

The gunship is unbalanced because it has a ridiculous cooldown and damage output, but it gets taken out by a good jet pilot in less than ~15 seconds after it respawns for the 78th time. However, In 3 of the Naval Strike maps where there are no MAAs and Jets, it completely destroys the enemy team, and especially boats since they get constantly bombarded by the damn thing, and you can't do jackshit about it other than hoping you get even more of the team focus on the capture point that holds the gunship, but then you potentially lose on the other flags as a result because there aren't enough people to hold them

The high frequency update option makes the game so much snappier, less bullshit deaths all around. Had 1 kill trade but that didn't seem out of the ordinary because traveling projectiles + both died almost instantly and were fighting in medium (~70m) range. Kills are registered almost instantly and don't take a few seconds like it used to sometimes as well.

Is there anything I can do to make sure my stats get tracked and not constantly forgotten? This is maybe the 3rd time it's done this: http://puu.sh/9hIry/22866fd1d5.jpg

Do I avoid certain servers? An origin option to toggle or something? Or is this the same wonky stat bullshit since bad company 1?

That definitely shouldn't be happening. Have you contacted EA Support and see if they can figure out what's happening to your account?

Tubie

There's a bug that has been around since forever where everyone on the server starts at rank 1 with zero unlocks. I haven't seen it happen in months tho. Your case sounds a bit different, so I would contact support if it keeps happening often.

rafaelr

I need to ask this again:

How do you switch between loadout presets in game?

My usual Support class has C4. But there are instances where I want the airburst. how do I switch between presets quickly and flexibly?

loadout presets are only accessible in battlelog on the loadout pages, not inside the game. presets are selectable when you mouse-over a class (next to the class name).
so if you´re on pc, i guess it´ll take an alt+tab, on console you need access to a laptop or mobile device (not sure how it´s implemented on tablets/phones though).

rafaelr

Bullshit, I've been able to edit and change loadouts while in game... you can't now? What?

loadout presets aren´t accessible ingame, so you have to change each loadout item separately. you can define up to 2
(4 premium)
presets per class and easily switch between predefined setups (e.g. from repair man with rep-tool/mechanic spec to AT with mines/AT-spec).

loadout presets aren´t accessible ingame, so you have to change each loadout item separately. you can define up to 2
(4 premium)
presets per class and easily switch between predefined setups (e.g. from repair man with rep-tool/mechanic spec to AT with mines/AT-spec).

Oh ok I know what you mean now. Was a bit confused there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
loadout presets are only accessible in battlelog on the loadout pages, not inside the game. presets are selectable when you mouse-over a class (next to the class name).
so if you´re on pc, i guess it´ll take an alt+tab, on console you need access to a laptop or mobile device (not sure how it´s implemented on tablets/phones though).

It's absolutely pointless the way it's set-up right now. You might as well take the extra minutes to do the complete switches yourself and switch kit items only if you need it than doing the whole alt-tab battlelog update bullshit.

It's absolutely pointless the way it's set-up right now. You might as well take the extra minutes to do the complete switches yourself and switch kit items only if you need it than doing the whole alt-tab battlelog update bullshit.

Yup, giving an option to do this was nice of them, but being on battlelog instead of the actual game guaranteed this to be practically useless.

The MX4 has become painful to use. I just can't.

TheSeks

MP-APS testing = mind blown on some of the things I've learned.

Also taking the UAV's of the commander out = Commander can instantly deploy a new one right after the old one is destroyed. So Kane says "no point but 25 per destroying it" in regards to tactical use for doing that, but I can see some tactical uses if cooldown was longer or something to prevent the "all-seeing eye" effect Commanders have.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Grrrrr! What is wrong with this game! I bought it on PS4 and it lost my campaign progress twice and wouldn't let me connect to an MP game. So, I returned it. Yesterday I bought it again, but on the Xbox One this time. Now, I hit this invincible helicopter!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...23&authkey=!ANW9_IT4o9Rx3iM&ithint=video,.mp4

And when I quit the game and re-start it, I am set back about 10-15 mins in the game!

Junk!!!

It's trying hard to make that great first impression.

manzo

So, apparently the latest fixes broke the server management again. We had a teamkiller/griefer on our server last night, couldn't kick him nor ban him, "player has already left the server". Unbelieveable.

TheSeks

So... CTE:

DICE said:
Our second initiative on the CTE will be focusing on Core Gameplay. This means we will have a look at some of the central pieces of the game and how the game is behaving with the netcode changes and the difference in gameplay and second to second gunplay that it has created.

Best part?

DICE said:
We will be running servers with basegame maps, all unlocks enabled. This will give you access to all weapons and the ballistic shield – but not the Dragon’s Teeth maps/weapons at this time (weapons will come soon!).

For focused shield-testing, we’ll be running an infantry-only server running Operation Locker 24/7 – one of the map that the ballistic shield impacts the most.

So, basically: CTE testers get to try the Ballistic Shield that is coming in a month early.

There's also some other stuff that they're looking into (OMG RUSH) but I dunno if I can reveal that much since it's all "tweaks" mostly.

TheSeks

OMG THE BALLISTIC SHIELD.

I seriously hope this isn't the version they're giving the rest of you. OMG. OMG OMG OMG. So so so broken with the way it is right now. People are gonna have to "gentlemen agreement" to not use this if the way it is right now is how it comes to you guys.

Being able to vault over cover with it is WTF. Being able to shrug off most explosives to instant kill someone as a melee is WTF. It not replacing the primary/being equipment is a major WTF with the way it is.

Also haven't seen this knife before. I guess they're adding more more?

There's still three more to give away so I dunno where that one will come in.

Ark

I actually agree.

Granted I haven't been playing my best as of late... but it really does seem like you die far too quickly now. I'm not particularly sure if I like it. On one hand it's nice to be able to take out a group of people when exiting an elevator and not have them kill you because of latency (for example), but on the other... one of the reasons I went from CoD to Battlefield in the first place was that it was a bit slower paced and methodical, if you will.

Hasn't effected my K/D all that much as I'm still generally pulling 3+, but when I do die it feels instant

Yeah it feels janky to me as well. I'm struggling to pull 1.2 when I usually pull 2+. Tbh, it feels like they made it worse.

Divus

I literally was in bed drifting off on my phone when I seen the ballistic shield was out on CTE servers. I had to try it out so I got up and messed around with it.

I don't personally think its all that amazing. Sure its fairly good at surprising someone and getting that quick melee kill, and at times take quite a bit of damage, but your so susceptible at being flanked or just stepped around and killed it sort of balances itself out. Visibility is terrible with it as well and so often when messing around with it I'd go after someone with it just to get shot in the side and in turn I'd do that to others or just shoot their feet for a easy kill. It will be best used in some Rush matches I would think.

Anyway I uploaded this video in the middle of the night messing around with it (seriously half a sleep when making it).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8NQDOuvO0I

I'll have to try it again when I haven't worked 11 hours and quite literally falling asleep though.

BHK3

Banned
That definitely shouldn't be happening. Have you contacted EA Support and see if they can figure out what's happening to your account?

There's a bug that has been around since forever where everyone on the server starts at rank 1 with zero unlocks. I haven't seen it happen in months tho. Your case sounds a bit different, so I would contact support if it keeps happening often.

Thanks a lot for the responses. I've googled and it seems to be a general issue across BF3 and 4, with everyone begging dice for some sort of fix. I only just noticed but I unlocked the beginner recon stuff multiple times as well, so I just contact EA Support and hope for the best? It seems to happen a few matches in a row then goes steady for a while before happening again. I just dont want to push my luck and have my stuff not come back one day. At least it's better than my BC1 days, I never got the platinum for that because the game outright refused to count boat kills, grenade kills and a multitude of other things.

One thing we never acknowledge about dying behind cover is that some of our kills come from the same problem. So, fix the problem and our k/d goes down.

I noticed last night they fixed the hidey-hole in the D ship on Hainan. You can't hide behind that "invisible" panel anymore. I tried not to use it myself, but I did like putting claymores in there.

lord pie

In 3 of the Naval Strike maps where there are no MAAs and Jets, it [gunship] completely destroys the enemy team, and especially boats since they get constantly bombarded by the damn thing, and you can't do jackshit about it other than hoping you get even more of the team focus on the capture point that holds the gunship, but then you potentially lose on the other flags as a result because there aren't enough people to hold them

I've found the SRAW wire guided rocket launcher is really good for taking down the gunship. Takes a few hits and you have to find a quiet place first obviously :)

I laugh whenever I see someone teabagging the air. They look like complete twats.

terrible

Banned
I played for a couple hours last night and I dyed behind cover twice. Usually it's at least twice per game. This was a big improvement over the first time I played after the patch. I peek (strafe) in and out of cover a lot so this is huge for me. I'm going to seem unkillable to some people now lol.

Battlepickups wouldn't work for me again so it was just a fluke that I went 4/4 picking them up the other night too. That's a shame, I was hoping it was stealth patched.

I've found the SRAW wire guided rocket launcher is really good for taking down the gunship. Takes a few hits and you have to find a quiet place first obviously :)

Yeah, but the gunship has around a 10 second cooldown so by the time you use at least half of your SRAW missiles and take it down, it'll be instantly back up again.

Thanks a lot for the responses. I've googled and it seems to be a general issue across BF3 and 4, with everyone begging dice for some sort of fix. I only just noticed but I unlocked the beginner recon stuff multiple times as well, so I just contact EA Support and hope for the best? It seems to happen a few matches in a row then goes steady for a while before happening again. I just dont want to push my luck and have my stuff not come back one day. At least it's better than my BC1 days, I never got the platinum for that because the game outright refused to count boat kills, grenade kills and a multitude of other things.

Yeah, might as well since you don't really lose anything other than a few minutes for trying. I've had a pretty positive experience with the live chat thus far.

The issue you're having seems similar to when Battlelog updates and resets everyone's stats temporarily, but from what I understand you are getting stat resets every few rounds of playing, and that shouldn't ever happen as far as I'm aware.

Edit: Apparently the issue you're having popped up very recently? Battlelog thread mentioning the stat reset issue

TheSeks

I literally was in bed drifting off on my phone when I seen the ballistic shield was out on CTE servers. I had to try it out so I got up and messed around with it.

I don't personally think its all that amazing. Sure its fairly good at surprising someone and getting that quick melee kill, and at times take quite a bit of damage, but your so susceptible at being flanked or just stepped around and killed it sort of balances itself out. Visibility is terrible with it as well and so often when messing around with it I'd go after someone with it just to get shot in the side and in turn I'd do that to others or just shoot their feet for a easy kill. It will be best used in some Rush matches I would think.

Anyway I uploaded this video in the middle of the night messing around with it (seriously half a sleep when making it).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8NQDOuvO0I

I'll have to try it again when I haven't worked 11 hours and quite literally falling asleep though.

I'm guessing you haven't ran into troll teams that do nothing but use that shit. C4 is a counter but that trigger lag. XM25 is a tickle to the shield. Grenades can be ran over instantly before they boom (or blocked if crouched) so not really a counter.

There's ways to get around them, sure. But when a whole team is using them to instantly melee people to death they're annoying as shit.

olimpia84

I've done this at least 20 times in this thread but I'll do it again hoping that you guys get the fucking message: use spawn beacons on Op. Locker when playing against a stacked team. Again, use spawn beacons on Op. Locker.

GAF has a spawn beacon phobia apparently.

I've done this at least 20 times in this thread but I'll do it again hoping that you guys get the fucking message: use spawn beacons on Op. Locker when playing against a stacked team. Again, use spawn beacons on Op. Locker.

GAF has a spawn beacon phobia apparently.

I confirmed this by playing on the opposite team and destroying them all

LV6IVLSLDKCQC6Q3XFDLC5ZLJMUMUQXH.gif

Omni

After watching some ballistic shield gameplay...

What a god damn mess. I know DICE can tweak them... but come on. They're about as awful as I imagined. One hit kill? Able to take an RPG to the face? Invulnerable to all small arms fire? Gah. What are the hell are they doing

G_Berry

Banned
After watching some ballistic shield gameplay...

What a god damn mess. I know DICE can tweak them... but come on. They're about as awful as I imagined. One hit kill? Able to take an RPG to the face? Invulnerable to all small arms fire? Gah. What are the hell are they doing

Are fucking DICE trolling us? The Shield looks like it's totally going to fuck the game even more.

WHY.JPG

terrible

Banned
Basically there's no way to properly balance a ballistic shield in a FPS without simply making it completely useless. So either it'll be complete shit and nobody will use it or virtually everyone will quit playing the game because it's unbalanced. Your move DICE.
They'll make it useless.

DarkFlow

Banned
Basically there's no way to properly balance a ballistic shield in a FPS without simply making it completely useless. So either it'll be complete shit and nobody will use it or virtually everyone will quit playing the game because it's unbalanced. Your move DICE.
They'll make it useless.
If people would not quit this game when it was a buggy POS, what makes you think a unbalanced shield will?

TheSeks

Able to take an RPG to the face? Invulnerable to all small arms fire?

-They can't take an RPG to the face.
-They aren't invulnerable to small-arms fire: Shoot the glass. Snipe through the glass (impossible, I know). Shoot the legs if they aren't crouching. Throw grenades. C4. Frag rounds.
-They're pretty pointless outside of Locker and Metro. Big open maps and running across said big open maps with them = death. If they're in enclosed spaces they're powerful.

They are only "invulnerable to small arms fire" by the shield part itself, which is the design/point of the shield.

The major major major major problem with the shield is that right now, in CTE, it's a "troll weapon" a la CUAV. The mobility is INSANE and being able to clamber over things with the shield out is WTF.

The melee instant kill needs to go though. So many shield battles where you're just smacking each other hoping to kill the other one instantly.

TheSeks

Apparently it can. At the 1 min 50 mark it happens, and he goes on to talk about it. As long as then glass is intact you can survive a direct hit with a rocket,

Weird. RPG-7 and hitting them dead on has worked for me in CTE. Either I'm hitting their legs, hitting through the glass or he's got a funky fluke case.

Ark

With the F2000 assignment, do you have to get both the 10 kills inside the metro AND the two kill assist ribbons in the same round?

Top Bottom