• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

olimpia84

So are we making a GAF BF Destiny Clan? The official thread for making clans is a complete mess and it's pretty much random people throwing their PSN usernames.

I'm still downloading (installing?) that stupid beta btw :(

So are we making a GAF BF Destiny Clan? The official thread for making clans is a complete mess and it's pretty much random people throwing their PSN usernames.

I'm still downloading (installing?) that stupid beta btw :(
i came home in the afternoon and downloaded and launched the beta and the in-game downloader was at 3% when i left... get home 7 hours later and it's at 6% and i had to restart the entire console for it to even consider starting to move again. now it's ay 9% and i really wonder who thought this was a good idea... why can't they do normal PS4 background downloading so i can at least play something else.

I have completed assignments that still show up as not completed at the end of round screen. Is there anyway to fix this? I'm on the X1

nope.

DICE!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's because people were only playing with the Bulldog on CTE were the suppression mechanic was fundamentally changed scrapped. On CTE suppression now is mostly visual.

I'm not talking the CTE suppression here. In Live, it's not effected by the suppression there either. I can suppress a Bulldog user, they only have to aim in my general direction vomit ammo and kill me like nothing happened.

When suppression is patched on the vanilla servers you can bet that all weapons will see similar benefits. It's a no win battle for Dice. Everyone complained about suppression but when it's finally gone all weapons will be more accurate with a slightly lower TTK and people will complain about being killed too fast.

I have nothing against the new suppression system. I think it's amazing (outside of the shit visual effect that tunnel visions you too easily). My problem is purely with the gun.

Again, I'm not saying that the Bulldog is perfect. It could be better balanced and I'm fine if Dice tinkers with it a bit. I just don't think it's the best AR in the game, and that people have no reason to use anything else as you said.

So you agree with me it needs a nerf, then? Why are you saying "B-B-BUT THE AEK/other assault rifles" when those aren't the topic of the discussion. The Bulldog:

-High rate of fire
-Has no suppression issues/gets through suppression like a hot-knife through butter.
-High damage

The only draw-back is:

-Vomits ammo

Three pros, versus one con. Gee, why wouldn't anyone use it over the other assault rifle guns when it kills faster than the FAMAS, can be put in single-fire mode and basically fired as fast as your trigger finger will twitch?

The pros need to be tweaked. Just like they needed (and still need to be, the "recoil" tweak just made it slightly annoying to use) to tweak the AWS.

IMO High RoF guns shouldn't be able to lay you out in seconds flat versus slower rate of fire guns. They should have a lower "damage per-bullet" for obvious reasons. Why pick a slower firing gun when you can pick one that isn't effected by suppression, hold the trigger for two seconds and kill someone?

What's the best PDW for you guys?
I think I'm sticking with the UMP. Seems like it has the better range.

EVERYBODYONE.gif

...Except the CBJ/nail-gun. That one is shitsux and needs a damage model redo. God, the suffering I did with that for the Sweedish Assignment.

FN P90, PDW-R, PP-2000, UMP-45, M(X)PX (before CTE fuckery) are notable. MPX would be good if it wasn't fucked with from CTE. :/ Though it did need to be slightly fucked with given it was nearly in the same ball-park (but a bit more balanced) than the Bulldog.

CBJ is my second choice. These are PDW's for people who can aim.

Z4bvDDul.png

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Heads up - I'm actually a Mentor over on Bungie.net. If you have issues with the beta (and or just want a code to play), let me know. I have a few extra. If you guys make a clan, holler.

Gonna go through the PDW's tomorrow and see which one sticks. Haven't used more than 2 or 3 of them too much... so we'll see where that goes.

JJD

I'm not talking the CTE suppression here. In Live, it's not effected by the suppression there either. I can suppress a Bulldog user, they only have to aim in my general direction vomit ammo and kill me like nothing happened.

I have nothing against the new suppression system. I think it's amazing (outside of the shit visual effect that tunnel visions you too easily). My problem is purely with the gun.

So you agree with me it needs a nerf, then? Why are you saying "B-B-BUT THE AEK/other assault rifles" when those aren't the topic of the discussion. The Bulldog:

-High rate of fire
-Has no suppression issues/gets through suppression like a hot-knife through butter.
-High damage

The only draw-back is:

-Vomits ammo

Three pros, versus one con. Gee, why wouldn't anyone use it over the other assault rifle guns when it kills faster than the FAMAS, can be put in single-fire mode and basically fired as fast as your trigger finger will twitch?

The pros need to be tweaked. Just like they needed (and still need to be, the "recoil" tweak just made it slightly annoying to use) to tweak the AWS.

IMO High RoF guns shouldn't be able to lay you out in seconds flat versus slower rate of fire guns. They should have a lower "damage per-bullet" for obvious reasons. Why pick a slower firing gun when you can pick one that isn't effected by suppression, hold the trigger for two seconds and kill someone?

The drawbacks are considerable higher than average recoil (among the highest of any AR in the game), a very very long reload time, a small magazine meaning that you will take out 2 enemies at most 99% of the time before going through that painful reload time and the fast ammo consumption. It's not just ammo like you said.

As a close quarters weapon making you reload constantly and making that reload as long as they have is a big disadvantage when people are always at your face.

I said I'm fine with Dice tinkering with it, but if they don't I wouldn't mind as well to be honest. I don't think it is overpowered that's why I'm discussing this. As an assault I will not be using the gun in the long run.

Saying that high ROF shouldn't kill that fast compared to low ROF weapons makes no sense. They make serious trade offs to have that killing potential. What's the purpose of high ROF guns if not kill faster at close range? As I said both the bulldog and the FAMAS are advanced weapons that are not suitable for everyone. And even advance users won't be taking out enemies at medium to long rage left and right, and if they try they will eat all their ammo in seconds.

I think it's fair to compare the Bulldog with other high ROF weapons when you're saying it is the most OP gun in the game. When people say one weapon is the best other weapons definitely are in the topic of discussion, otherwise how you will say it is OP? Compared to what?

The AEK can kill people almost as fast, has less recoil and a big magazine, it is an overall better weapon IMO, the FAMAS can kill people just as fast from my experience, has the same recoil (we still don't have the synthic stats) and a bigger magazine.

If you're using a high ROF weapon like the bulldog in single firing mode you're using it wrong, period. Better go with the SCAR lower recoil then, because very few people will manage to get close to max rate of fire or even at a good ROF while still maintaining accuracy. I know I wouldn't. Firing it in single mode defeats the purpose of the gun.

I don't know how it is on PC, but on console I'm not seeing every assault running with a bulldog.

As far as suppression goes, I didn't see any differences from most other high ROF guns that I use. Maybe it's because I flank a lot so most of my kills my enemy isn't firing back or because I usually fire first meaning the enemy will be suppressed first.

Edit: I looked for some reviews of the gun and there is another considerable con that I didn't know and you didn't mention: Bullet velocity. The bulldog bullet velocity is at the low side at just 450m/s meaning at mid range if your enemy isn't completely stationary forget about him. With that bullet velocity, recoil and magazine size you will have a hard time killing moving targets at range.

It's obvious Dice balanced the gun for close quarters which is why killing people so fast makes sense. And another thing we both didn't know, the FAMAS STILL outdamages the Bulldog at close range.

Of the reviews I saw the only one that said that the bulldog might be overpowered was Matimio, but even then he wasn't sure. Both LvlCap and Xfactor made some good points and X nailed it in the head IMO, for him the Bulldog isn't versatile enough to be considered the best assault rifle let alone the best gun in the game.

No one I could find mentioned the bulldog not suffering suppression effects on both CTE or vanilla servers.

Yeah I really just don't find the Bulldog OP when compared to other assault rifles. Like you said, the AEK and the SCAR-H are better alternatives to the Bulldog and they don't have as many drawbacks either. The Deagle on the other hand needs some adjustments.

I love the UNICA 6 as of right now. The way it looks, the reload animation, no trigger delay, it's a lot of fun to use.

terrible

Banned
I'm just slaughtering my stats trying to get the deagle, jesus lol. I've won maybe 1 game in my last 4-6. 20 headshots with an inaccurate handgun that tends to just kill with bodyshots. Yay.

Daffy Duck

So last night, what with the server errors on my PS4 I fired up BF4 (picked this up on my PS4 Monday to play with friends) on my xbox one to check if it was an EA thing or not, and I got into a game fine (probably just before all the xbox issues) but my god I did not actually realise how much better this game looks and runs on the PS4 compared to the xbox one.

On the xbox one it's just a jaggy blurry stuttery mess compared to the PS4. I didn't think it was a bad looking on the XB1 until I played the PS4.

My problem is now going back to play it on the XB1 (I bought premium for it, so if I sell it it's pretty much money down the drain), but I just don't want to play it anymore.

I'm in a pickle as to whether to sell my xbox one copy and just walk away from premium on it, and A)buy premium on the PS4 B) not buy premium for the PS4.

Dr Prob

Banned
All I need to do in order to download this content and make a triumphant return to the world of Battlefield is switch HDMI cables on the splitter. It's not even like they're buried behind the stand where they would be hard to reach. They're right there. Specifically set it up so that it would be easy, used a twisty tie and everything. Could do it right now. Goddamn DICE.

I hope that in the future DICE does a limited access to the DLC so that they can make mixed servers and so that the DLC maps don't die off.

Maybe have it so everyone can play on the maps, but if you didn't buy the pack you don't earn points on them, your stats don't track, you don't get the new weapons, assignments, etc.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Engineers IRL
_76328758_5a40f509-a08a-434a-9e9b-889c6e9f9916.jpg

Use that repair tool!

Pilot should pop smoke to give them repair cover...

Btw, Destiny is alright. The framerate is crap most of the time (for a shooter from Bungie, wtf Bungie) but I'm having some fun with it. They've streamlined some MMO stuff into it in a way that feels natural and intuitive.

Too bad you cannot turn off the disgusting fucking aim assist, which might as well be called auto aim. Anyone you can precision aim with a gamepad will be constantly wrestling with it.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Pilot should pop smoke to give them repair cover...

Btw, Destiny is alright. The framerate is crap most of the time (for a shooter from Bungie, wtf Bungie) but I'm having some fun with it. They've streamlined some MMO stuff into it in a way that feels natural and intuitive.

Too bad you cannot turn off the disgusting fucking aim assist, which might as well be called auto aim. Anyone you can precision aim with a gamepad will be constantly wrestling with it.
Yeah, that auto aim is disgusting. I already find the combat to be underwhelming, but that auto aim makes it even worse.

Tubie

I got the headshots just looking for and sneaking up on snipers on non DT maps. Only took a few matches, and it was kinda funny.

The riot shield took a while. It seemed to me some suppression assists were not being counted and some were, it felt random, but it eventually unlocked.

Can anyone with Naval Strike recommend it? Pretty bored of my games right now, I was planning on playing Destiny all weekend but it has the same content as the alpha which I played to death. Need something new for the weekend.

JJD

Wow...it's amazing how much I suck at Destiny PVP...

Is it similar to Halo? I never played Halo. I'm having trouble getting a 1.0K/D on most games. Most people one shot me with weapons I've never seen while it takes dozens of bullets from my shitty assault rifle to take down anyone.

It's frustrating! :-(

Can anyone with Naval Strike recommend it? Pretty bored of my games right now, I was planning on playing Destiny all weekend but it has the same content as the alpha which I played to death. Need something new for the weekend.

It's tied with China Rising for my favorite expansion thus far. I really enjoy the tropical setting and carrier assault can be good chaotic fun.

However, the maps have some frame drops towards the end of matches and funky load issues.

Is it similar to Halo? I never played Halo. I'm having trouble getting a 1.0K/D on most games. Most people one shot me with weapons I've never seen while it takes dozens of bullets from my shitty assault rifle to take down anyone.

its similar enough.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

MMO-like PvP

Imo MMO PvP is total crap... I haven't even touched it in Destiny so far. Probably wont ever even if I buy the game.

Kak.efes

Which platform? I don't think many people play NS on PS4 anymore. Unlike in BF3, there are no official EA/DICE mixed servers incorporating all of the expansions. It killed the interest, and it's something everybody should note when considering purchasing premium in the future.

On another note, anyone find it hilarious that DICE released Dragon's Teeth, and started this battlefest promotion to coincide with the Destiny beta? Everybody on my friends list was playing Destiny last night.

Which platform? I don't think many people play NS on PS4 anymore. Unlike in BF3, there are no official EA/DICE mixed servers incorporating all of the expansions. It killed the interest, and it's something everybody should note when considering purchasing premium in the future.

If you are only looking for rent a servers then you are probably right. I've never had issues finding dice servers.

Hell, 90% or more of rented servers are shit because of the way dice implemented them. No variation to the rules/maps/tickets just so people can keep the servers populated from quick match.

Kak.efes

If you are only looking for rent a servers then you are probably right. I've never had issues finding dice servers.

Hell, 90% or more of rented servers are shit because of the way dice implemented them. No variation to the rules/maps/tickets just so people can keep the servers populated from quick match.

The problem is that those servers are only china rising, or only naval strike, or only dragon's teeth. Whereas in BF3, the official servers incorporated all of the expansions into one comprehensive rotation. It did a lot for the sustainability of those expansions.

It's tied with China Rising for my favorite expansion thus far. I really enjoy the tropical setting and carrier assault can be good chaotic fun.

However, the maps have some frame drops towards the end of matches and funky load issues.

Thanks

Yeah on PS4. So I guess I should avoid buying it then.

While the Deagle is really powerful, I don't think that it is overpowered. Yeah, it is a 2-hit kill up close, has a short reload time, and a decent magazine size, but the thing that balances it out is its absolutely terrible on-the-move accuracy.

Overdoziz

Banned

Get weapons that fire single or burst shots. Automatic rifles are only useful at short range. In that sense it's much like Halo. Playing it like CoD or BF will definitely get you killed a lot.

Top Bottom