• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Bollocks

Man Dice, it's like for every 1 step forward there are 2 steps back.
Squad Join now finally works with server browser -> can't switch teams, stuck with god damn awful team.
If someones game crashes while in squad join, they can just rejoin through private squad, except for the squad leader, he's fucked.
Squad Join List is empty, so only option is to manually rejoin and hoping that you'll end up on the same team your friends are only to realize that you can't join your former ingame squad because it's private due to squad join.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
More losses than wins today. Mostly because half the team won't ever spot and then I make a suggestion to flank and half my squad is "NO U" about it. :|

Just once, I'd actually like to be on a team that knows what they're doing without me having to poke them in the right direction.

Ajacx

Banned
DICE might as well get rid off all the other guns. Deagles and Bulldogs everywhere.

I'm still running the M416/G18 combo though.

VariantX

I've hated that thing since the Alpha. Dear god.

I find the Deagle to be overpowered in the sense that I can out snipe snipers from 100 yards out.
That's ridiculous.

Need to unlock this as soon as possible then. I've been using the scar and now the bulldog in single shot mode and doing better even though it lacks the range of the true DMRs.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man, I have never been a commander or tried it before. Figures that when I do try it for the first time, and actually help out the entire team, I get a fucking crash towards the end of the match. I was turning it around too. ;(

Kabuto

If you're playing solo you have to win the game yourself since nobody else is gonna do it.

haha yup; I try to be a team player every game but if I see we have like one or two bases I just start going super tryhard and begin caring more about my K/D. If I'm going to lose, I'm at least going to lose at the top of the scoreboard.

TheSeks

You're on PC, Right?

Yes. But I play non-traditional modes, so...

I want it on the record that Lumphini Garden is awful for Sabotage. This is the particular "NO U" map I'm talking about. US (or whatever team is on the south of the big map) can get spawn trapped easily on their bombing sites being right on their spawn. Covertly swim for four minutes after getting two more deaths than kills and get "NO U YOU'RE NEGATIVE, WHY SHOULD WE LISTEN TO YOU" from people.

... #icant

So how 'bout that battlefest?

Guys? Guys? Anyone? Anyone? *crickets*
I wish they'd give out Battlepacks everyday like they did "Player Appreciation Month."

It's a shame. BF3 PC didn't have this problem. You could find loads of games on each of the expansions.

What's frustrating is that the other maps (NS and SA in particular) would solve so many of my issues with grinding these gun unlocks out, but instead I have to suffer Shitty Market numerous times.

Daffy Duck

So if I'm on ps4 and wanting premium should I not bother?

I hate how dice obliterate the official server numbers. Hate playing on other servers with admins who get upset when you kill them and kick you.

Tubie

I hate how dice obliterate the official server numbers. Hate playing on other servers with admins who get upset when you kill them and kick you.

(PS4) If you mostly play Conquest, this is a non issue. I find games for all the DLC and Vanilla any time of the day. I should know this, since what I almost always do is play one match of each DLC, kinda like a rotation. unless I'm in a really good server with good players.

PC might be different. It also doesn't help that the PC community loves to run Metro/Locker all day... the friends I know who play on PC, that's all they do, so that doesn't help things (sorry for the anecdotal evidence there!).

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
I'm loving the new maps and find the reused assets to be a positive since I've become so accustom to them. I know how to move through them using the corners. Since I suck at some of the wide open maps, I have spent most of my time playing close quarters in these buildings guarding a flag. Now I have a whole map of them.

Anyone else get the loadout reset bug? I use to get it once a night, now I get it every single game. It's driving me mad!

TheSeks

All I need is one more Unica headshot and it's eluding me.

DAMN IT DICE. I'm sick of playing on these maps and trying/attempting to flank only to have five people come around the corner and kill me. Ugh.

Jarrod38

All I need is one more Unica headshot and it's eluding me.

DAMN IT DICE. I'm sick of playing on these maps and trying/attempting to flank only to have five people come around the corner and kill me. Ugh.

Getting the headshots with Unica was pretty easy, but on the last round I was playing the server connection was lost thanks to DICE upgrading the servers I lost 6 headshots.

terrible

Banned
Getting the headshots with Unica was pretty easy, but on the last round I was playing the server connection was lost thanks to DICE upgrading the servers I lost 6 headshots.

I struggled big time getting those headshots. It's so damn inaccurate. I was crouching and firing so slowly trying to get headshots and it still wasn't connecting 90% of the time. I was only going for headshots and it still took me 90 kills to get 20 headshots. That's awful. That's a lower headshot rate than my other pistols
(edit: just checked and this is not true, very close though)
and I don't even intentionally go for headshots with them.

I will never use that gun again. It traumatized me. If used as a bodyshot machine I bet it's great but when trying to be accurate? Ugh.

TheSeks

Oh, I know it's easy. I'm just whining because I nearly had one and my squad-mate goes for the knife as I'm setting up a headshot. Losing me my last headshot and so for the last two hours I haven't been able to get another one again.

Lakitu

st5fu
Oh, I know it's easy. I'm just whining because I nearly had one and my squad-mate goes for the knife as I'm setting up a headshot. Losing me my last headshot and so for the last two hours I haven't been able to get another one again.

You tried pistol-only servers? I was able to get around 20 in a 300% ticket TDM round on Shanghai.

TheSeks

You tried pistol-only servers? I was able to get around 20 in a 300% ticket TDM round on Shanghai.

Nope. Did them all in Rush/Sabo.

Finally got one off a recon knifing a teammate. As soon as they finished, BLAM. Final headshot.

No more using that gun. *dumps*

TheSeks

i have 4 headshots. 2 came from close range shots to the chest LOL

I still don't know how you got those. Outside of possible desynced hitboxes or fucked hitboxes in general.

I've had about 3-5 front-knifes from the side happen to me today. Pisses me off. Don't show me a player state that simply isn't true, DICE.

Acorn

Not liking these maps on anything but chainlink.

Meatgrinders. I'm never getting that 5 rawr kills in a round trophy, I have to hope I can actually pick it up and then try to find a hiding spot on maps not much bigger than first set rush.

Meh, got the plat anyway still missing that shit capture the flag trophy that I'll never get so not that bothered.

TheSeks

Not liking these maps on anything but chainlink.

Meatgrinders. I'm never getting that 5 rawr kills in a round trophy,

That's easy.

Propaganda South base (whatever team is near last set in Rush)

RAWR spawns there. Grab it, place it somewhere. Then get somewhere safe.

Proceed to LMG fools. It'll respawn as well. So just wait.

Acorn

That's easy.

Propaganda South base (whatever team is near last set in Rush)

RAWR spawns there. Grab it, place it somewhere. Then get somewhere safe.

Proceed to LMG fools. It'll respawn as well. So just wait.
They spawn in rush?

I thought it was only cq and chainlink.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

"No Rules!!! Have Fun!!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!"

Down the admin in a chopper with a tank
kicked

TheSeks

They spawn in rush?

Not that I'm aware. But they do spawn in Sabotage. I'm just using "Last Set" as a designation since I don't play Chain Link/Conquest.

Though I guess as a flag... it'd be... F? G? Toward the south, the north building of the first flag on that southern most flag is where the RAWR spawns. It has the same minimap icon as the battlepickups.

I think the US side also gets one in Conquest. I've seen two of them but don't know where that one would spawn.

Acorn

Not that I'm aware. But they do spawn in Sabotage. I'm just using "Last Set" as a designation since I don't play Chain Link/Conquest.

Though I guess as a flag... it'd be... F? G? Toward the south, the north building of the first flag on that southern most flag is where the RAWR spawns. It has the same minimap icon as the battlepickups.

I think the US side also gets one in Conquest. I've seen two of them but don't know where that one would spawn.
Ah ok thanks.

TheSeks

QBB-95-1 in BF4 is wut.

DICE why did you ruin this LMG? :(

Acorn

Got it.

There is one at A and one at E. I took the one at A and hide in the container/bunker thing and did laps from a to e(camping the e rawr spawn if it's still there) got 8 kills before someone killed me at A.

TheSeks

I'm so fucking tired of getting killed by the bulldog. Everyone is using it.

It needs a nerf, badly. We know.

Got it.

There is one at A and one at E. I took the one at A and hide in the container/bunker thing and did laps from a to e(camping the e rawr spawn if it's still there) got 8 kills before someone killed me at A.

Told you it was easy. :p

There's one on Sunken Dragon in the Carpark. But that one is harder to use due to the elevation changes/wonky EOD bot controls and the map is bigger so it's easier to shoot it.

Acorn

It needs a nerf, badly. We know.

Told you it was easy. :p

There's one on Sunken Dragon in the Carpark. But that one is harder to use due to the elevation changes/wonky EOD bot controls and the map is bigger so it's easier to shoot it.
Yep, I kept trying to do it on that horrible congested map (pearl market?) which lead me to believe it was impossible.

What's everyone else's opinions of the maps? The only one I like somewhat is propaganda.

Bombless

All are great besides Sunken Dragon. That one can die in a fire. The sunken ship point is plain bullshit, so much camping going on in there it's ridiculous. Winning as US on Chainlink is almost impossible, you only have A in range while China spawns in reach of CDE.

Pearl Market is relatively easy to navigate once you locate the stairs that lead up. I spend most of my time on the roof around E, you can get to multiple buildings from there and can shoot almost everywhere.

I prefer Garden once the levolution has happened. I just wish it bridged the two railway sections to create an alternate access point to the station. E is a bit too far out.

General issues with the DLC : Desert Eagle, Bulldog.

Propaganda is great. Perfect infantry map with tanks able to fuck you over if you're caught in the open on the highway portion.

TheSeks

There's tanks on Propaganda? I have never seen them. Maybe Sabotage and Chain Link (and Rush) are all Infantry, or the servers I've joined turned them off.

I have seen LAV's in Sabotage with the hovercrafts (HOLY SHIT DICE ADDED ONE EXPANSION VEHICLES TO ANOTHER!) and dirtbikes (HOLY SHIT AGAIN, DICE ADDED ANOTHER EXPANSION VEHICLE TO ANOTHER!) but that's it.

Dirt Bikes being in Shit Market is WTF. While the "roads" are narrow, it seems too "90 degrees" to bikes to be going through there at a decent clip.

Meh map pack overall.

Pearl Market is the epitome of getting shot in the back. Too much unnecessary clutter littered all around the map too.

Propaganda's layout is pretty much the same as Firestorm, which to me makes it feel like a smaller version of it. I know i'm kinda nitpicking but it's bothering me so much.

I agree with Bombless about Lumphini Garden.

I haven't encountered too many issues with Sunken Dragon, but I feel like it's a little too much in favor of the Chinese siide simply because they have 3 flags on their side of the map, and the US side has to cross the bridge/water area to get to those flags.

New sniper rifle isn't very good. Deagle is too good compared to every other pistol in the game. Ballistic Shield is pointless, as expected.

Bulldog is good, certainly wouldn't consider it overpowered.

Top Bottom