• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I feel retarted as hell for not knowing how to do this but can someone please tell me how I use these unlocks? At first I thought they were paints but I see nothing there in the loadouts. Thanks.

rTO0j4L.jpg

You use those as your profile icon (I have the default soldier), then there are additional parts for the emblem editor.

PROPAGANDA CONQUEST LARGE 24/7

JJD

Not enthusiastic about having to play the wait-in-line game to get the Unica.

Just join a game with 4 people, should be easy.

That's how I did. On full servers there were at least 5 guys camping that room trying to hit the button all the time. The 3 minutes cooldown didn't help either.

To get the kills on water camp B on a hide spot outside the capture zone but still on water. As soon as it flashes kill the enemy. I got all the kills on a single game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
who cares? XM25.

or just add ladders on both ends...

This is DICE. They were lazy with the Levolution on Firestorm (LOL OIL BURSTS RANDOMLY!) and Metro (LOL "ALT ROUTES") what makes you think they'd do ladders for Kharg?

I'm actually pretty fond of the garden map.

You mean... Lumphini Garden? I'm ambivalent toward it. I don't think it's a terrible map but the short time I've played it on Chain Link it's basically too huge for that mode in 64 players. Everyone rushes C and anyone that doesn't will probably get sniped trying to flank to the other sides flags to break the stale mate. :/

JJD said:
I got all the kills on a single game.

But you don't need that. You only need to do the levolution. Then you can get the swim kills on another map or mode. I got those easy during Sabotage. Get the bomb in the water. Shoot idiot enemies that come in trying to get it instead of letting the bomb reset. Easy-peasy.

JJD said:
Pearl Market is the worse by far. Too much verticality, too many rooms and stairs on the buildings. It rewards people camping instead of going for the objectives. It's like the middle part of Flood Zone x100.

Except the routes up to the roof make sense. You can safely ignore the majority of skirmishes by being on the ground or the roof depending on where the action is on Flood Zone. You can even swim covertly once the dam has broken and flooded the map.

You can't say the same thing for Pearl Market. The hate for Flood Zone is pretty unjustified since the map is still playable. Pearl Market is just horrible all around and I get 100% why people would hate it.

Like the previous complaint about getting to the roof: Flood Zone has you take the stairs and you reach a middle floor (underground "middle ground") area for the left (RU) side buildings of the city. You can still go up the stairs to the roof (same for the right side but the "middle" floor for the right side is just a lower roof ramp).

Whereas in Pearl Market those send you... to an enclosed window room with no way up. You get to the roofs via a ladder you may miss in the action. WTF, DICE?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Just join a game with 4 people, should be easy.

That's how I did. On full servers there were at least 5 guys camping that room trying to hit the button all the time. The 3 minutes cooldown didn't help either.

To get the kills on water camp B on a hide spot outside the capture zone but still on water. As soon as it flashes kill the enemy. I got all the kills on a single game.

Oh yeah, duh. For some reason I was thinking it would be like China Rising's bomber assignment where you typically want to have a full server of ants to target.

burnfout

Whereas in Pearl Market those send you... to an enclosed window room with no way up. You get to the roofs via a ladder you may miss in the action. WTF, DICE?

In my experience, all the stairs in Pearl Market actually do lead to the roofs. Sometimes a bit difficult to see, but in the hallways there's always another staircase leading up.

Why is Pearl Market the only map that gets dirt bikes? All the other maps have that horrible quad bike, it's slow as hell.
The dirt bike is so much more fun.

Smokey

Does anybody even talk on PS4?

I have the game on PC and PS4...its so quiet on the console that it's a little weird and jarring.

Facism

these maps are legit awful after some play. Did DICE even make these? They feel like someone else dev'd them and just concentrated on the worst of BF. Reconfests, shitty closequarters mazes, crap vehicle play.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've played nothing but OG conquest in my time with BF4, but to appreciate these new maps I'm gonna have to branch out. Spawn, kill a dude or two, die. They're a chaotic mess with 64 players. There's no room for strategy or teamplay when it's basically just a mindless meat grinder. That, and I'm not really a big fan of infantry focused maps, but that's personal preference I guess. Naval Strike was much more what I'm into. I'll try some other modes before I write them off, though.

these maps are legit awful after some play. Did DICE even make these? They feel like someone else dev'd them and just concentrated on the worst of BF. Reconfests, shitty closequarters mazes, crap vehicle play.

It was a different studio. Dice LA I think.

zedge

Played a bit of dragons teeth last night. Ps4 and x1 (yes I have both). The performance in that market map is awful. More so on x1 but it was also noticable on the ps4. Lots of frame drops etc. Anyone else notice this?

Facism

I've played nothing but OG conquest in my time with BF4, but to appreciate these new maps I'm gonna have to branch out. Spawn, kill a dude or two, die. They're a chaotic mess with 64 players. There's no room for strategy or teamplay when it's basically just a mindless meat grinder. That, and I'm not really a big fan of infantry focused maps, but that's personal preference I guess. Naval Strike was much more what I'm into. I'll try some other modes before I write them off, though.

32 players feels like 64 players. It's just a fucking meatgrinder wherever you go on any of the maps. The horrible layouts for some of the modes on some of the maps compound this. Chainlink on Propaganda reminds me of those shyte CQ layouts in BC2.

It was a different studio. Dice LA I think.

Horrible. I hope the last map pack isn't outsourced to these guys because they clearly concentrated on the shit elements of modern battlefield.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

I'm not really feeling any of these maps.

Cry moar, Propaganda is the BEEEEEES KNEES

terrible

Banned
Pearl Market (chain link) is one of the most poorly designed maps I have ever played. For a map with 50000 stairways it is really not easy to figure out how to get up to certain areas too. Whoever designed it should be fired.

The other maps annoy me too. I get stuck on stuff way more often than I do in any other BF map. There are way too many things you randomly cant vault over too. Also the water depth on the garden map near the bridges is ridiculous. Try killing someone under those bridges without accidentally swimming when you get near the edge of the water.

I havent tried these maps on CQ which is my main mode but they are unbearably bad in chain link.

VariantX

After 5-6 hours im pretty much down on pearl market. Too many rooms and corridors to get shot from and way too much roof access. It reminds me of an average call of duty ghosts map

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Welp, I'm not going to beat a dead horse.
Play the maps with 32 players. Maybe you'll actually enjoy them then.

Just a word of advice.

They work with 44, too. 64, just way too much.

Bombless

I was hoping Chainlink would draw frontlines from point to point but instead it's just a better Domination clusterfuck in which whoever holds the middle points wins.

Kak.efes

Not diggin' chainlink. Based on a handful of games last night (all chainlink), Propaganda looks like the most solid of the bunch. Pearl Market is way too chaotic; even if you're playing it safe, you'll die often. Not a huge fan of that type of gameplay. Lumphini Garden and Sunken Dragon have serious balance issues.

I'll give conquest and CTF a go tonight before I can say for sure, but so far, it's the least impressive expansion yet. I guess I shouldn't bother with Rush?

TheSeks

Horrible. I hope the last map pack isn't outsourced to these guys because they clearly concentrated on the shit elements of modern battlefield.

DICE-LA is doing CTE

So some good, some bad it seems.

Good: Improving the game/fixing shit that is broke

Bad: Not good at map design/expansions.

DICE-DICE should do the game/game-design shit. While DICE-LA smacks DICE-DICE with a newspaper on broken things and goes "NO! BAD SWEEDES! *rubs face in broken mess* BAD! *wack*" on them.

----

I will say I like the art-style/environment of Lumphini Garden and if better thought out, it should've been the design goal of Set 1/Park of Operation Metro.

Metro's park pales in comparison to this ones ability to flank and "hide" from enemies at times. Double-so with the fact that they added swimming/diving under water to the game and Metro didn't expand or flood areas/crumble places to let water in to let you do that like this does.

But I like Zen Gardens so I'm biased

Omni

My god the framerate has taken a hit on 360. Like vanilla maps

I wonder if it's because of the new stuff they've added. Obviously they only have like 500mb of RAM or something and adding all these new weapons and camos must take a toll. It's jarringly dipping into what seems like the low 20s, high 10s now. Even on maps that were okay pre-patch

Mmhmn

RoKKeR

My god the framerate has taken a hit on 360. Like vanilla maps

I wonder if it's because of the new stuff they've added. Obviously they only have like 500mb of RAM or something and adding all these new weapons and camos must take a toll. It's jarringly dipping into what seems like the low 20s, high 10s now. Even on maps that were okay pre-patch

Mmhmn
It's shit on Xbox One too, especially on Propaganda with the fancy tree geometry and what not. There are moments when it's fine but others where it must be below 30.

TheSeks

Wow. Rush on Propaganda is pretty bad. Why didn't DICE-LA put these maps in CTE to get feedback before release? FFS. :/

JJD

So let me get this straight:

Admins can't ban or kick you on rented servers if they are official right?

I'm going to troll some people until they rage quit or until they ban me if they can. I'm tired of receiving ban threats because I'm doing well, not because I'm doing something against the rules. Next time I see a dumb rule I'm going to do my best to go against it.

I fucking hate server rules, unless you're running a pistols only server. That is cool.

terrible

Banned
Struggling to get the bulldog,
Honestly not a single person is playing as support on the new maps...

Haha yeah I had the same issue when I was unlocking it. I have good news though! When I did finally unlock it I found that I'd run out of ammo and have to use my pistol every life since nobody on my team was Support either.

TheSeks

So, yeah. Sabotage/Rush: Map suck ass.

Hell, I'd go so far as to say Chain Link/Domination Link is basically the same. At least the Park and Propoganda are pretty?

TheSeks

Struggling to get the bulldog,
Honestly not a single person is playing as support on the new maps...

Play the vanilla maps/modes. You'll get that easy if you stay Assault for those.

Omni

I don't see myself using the Bulldog much

Ammo capacity hurts it a lot. Sure it absolutely tears through enemies but you burn through those 21 rounds very, very quickly. I feel like I'm only getting 2 kills a mag. Sometimes three depending on distance

Reloading too often and am getting killed because of it

AmyS

For those of you using the Battlescreen map on another device with BF4 Dragon's Teeth on PS4, Xbox One or even PC, are you guys noticing a tremendous amount of lag with how the map updates where everyone is ?

It's never been like this before, even when Naval Strike / Carrier Assault launched.

TheSeks

Maybe use the single-shot mode for the Bulldog?

As it is, it needs a nerf badly. It'll win 99% of gunbattles right now.

terrible

Banned
I hope they don't nerf it. Every time I spawn I end up running out of ammo with it. I die only because I have to use my pistol. It's pretty good lol.

TheSeks

QBU headshots went a hell of a lot faster than the M39's. More proof commie weapons > pigdog weapons.

Just leaves headshots with the Unica and the AK Sweedish Carbine for assignments.

I've been crashing again on the PS4 since the latest patch, and I haven't crashed in months.

Also, the Deagle is basically what the 1911 was in Bad Company 2. It is god, you can run with it alone.

Also, Sunken Dragon is the only decent map in this DLC for Conquest Large. Propaganda is okay, and Garden playable, but Market is almost as bad as Metro and Locker.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I only play 64 player modes. Anything less isn't worth my time.

This doesn't make sense to me. Apologies.
If the maps are too chaotic with 64, I don't see how half the people would make it less worth your time.

With the player limit, you're able to work with your squad to flank and outplay the enemy team. 64 just puts too many people in too little places.
ratios, mang.

This doesn't make sense to me. Apologies.
If the maps are too chaotic with 64, I don't see how half the people would make it less worth your time.

With the player limit, you're able to work with your squad to flank and outplay the enemy team. 64 just puts too many people in too little places.
ratios, mang.

Well I got BF4 on the PS4 and not the PS3 because I wanted a "truer" Battlefield experience, which in my view is 64 player Conquest. Except in a handful of BC2 maps I've never enjoyed Rush, Domination and TDM are just for rushing weapon unlocks, CTF was great on Oman and Caspian until they cut the playercount, Defuse, Obliteration, etc don't do anything for me. The only "new" mode that I like is Carrier Assault, but that is large scale 64 player warfare as well.

If the maps can't support 64 player Conquest decently I consider them bad maps.

AmyS

Well anyone experience the lag on the Battlescreen map?

It doesn't seem to affect any of the other original or DLC maps, just the ones for Dragon's Teeth.

Top Bottom