• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

JJD

I've been crashing too. Once a day for the last couple days. Thankfully I've not been experiencing lag or frame drops.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This doesn't make sense to me. Apologies.
If the maps are too chaotic with 64, I don't see how half the people would make it less worth your time.

With the player limit, you're able to work with your squad to flank and outplay the enemy team. 64 just puts too many people in too little places.
ratios, mang.

It makes perfect sense: DICE touting 64-players as a "next-gen" thing for the PS420 version of the game. The maps not supporting it (because of modes and map design) flies in the face of that crowing.

And even at 32-players, I consider two of these maps to be HORRIBLE because of map design decisions. The other two I'm ambivalent about. I don't think they're great maps, I don't think they're terrible maps. They're pretty maps and DICE's artists must of had a field day, but they don't play well on 3 of the 4 modes I've tried.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Rock on.
I just see this map pack as marketed for the CQC. Completely get where you guys are coming from, though. If Rush had better routes, I doubt I'd defend this as much.

Hopefully Final Stand has large maps.

Spl1nter

I dont find the maps chaotic at all other than market, but even than its pretty easy to control pathways and flow for points other than E and all the other points can be defended quite well.

The Deagle is amazing but OP, going to be nerfed without a doubt.

TheSeks

There's no point in using any other pistol because of it right now.

There's no point in using any other LMG besides the AWS because of it right now.

There's no point in using any other assault rifle besides the Bulldog because of it right now.

There's no point (before it got nerfed in CTE. trollolololol) in using any other PDW besides the MPX because of it right now.

DICE™ balance is bananas.

Spl1nter

There's no point in using any other LMG besides the AWS because of it right now.

There's no point in using any other assault rifle besides the Bulldog because of it right now.

There's no point (before it got nerfed in CTE. trollolololol) in using any other PDW besides the MPX because of it right now.

The Bulldog is a top tier assault rifle but it is not better than the others or overpowered.

The AWS probably needs a very minor nerf. I would say its the best LMG but its not by a huge margin.

JJD

Idk why the flood button doesn't work on sunken dragon.

There is a cool down time after someone press it. Just wait.

If you want to press it for the assignment and are having trouble with people camping it just join a game with 4 people. 4 is the minimum amount of players needed for a game to start and stats and assignments count.

With just 4 people on the map you will use it without problems.

The bulldog has some very serious drawbacks. It's not an easy weapon to use. The added recoil compared to the SCAR/AEK is considerable but manageable, but the reloading speed and mag size are something that you have to deal with and I think most people won't bother. Overall I still prefer the AEK as a high DPS, close quarters weapon, or the SCAR for mid to long range.

The MG4 is as good as the AWS IMO. That weapon is godly if you tap fire. It has the same ROF as the AWS and a bigger ammo box. The AWS has a better recoil pattern (they are both still very easy to use, specially if you know how to tap fire), faster reloading speed and better hip fire. Frankly I can't choose between the two of then.

I haven't tried the MPX yet.

The Bulldog is a top tier assault rifle but it is not better than the others or overpowered.

The AWS probably needs a very minor nerf. I would say its the best LMG but its not by a huge margin.

Bulldog is really fun but I'd still take the SCAR over it. Something about it feels better.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Had a much better time with lower player counts. Even dropping to 44 players was better, although the round lasted much longer.

Gotta say, the reuse of assets feels very apparent on these new maps. Pearl Market feels like the center area of floodzone, just remixed into a tighter layout, plus all of the stairways are the same. They've got the Siege of Shanghai Flag E building in Lumphini Garden. There's a couple of Paracel Storm Flag B buildings in Propaganda. Sunken Dragon seems a little more unique, but I haven't played it very much. It does have a very Siege of Shanghai feel to it though.

I just feel like Naval Strike's maps were a lot more unique. Maybe I'm just forgetting. Haven't played the NS maps in a while due to watery framerate.

The Deagle reminds me of the 1911 in Bad Company 2. Great at range (you can basically snipe with it), great in close quarters, packs a serious punch, is basically the only pistol that'll get used.

TheSeks

doubt i'll ever get 20 headshots with the unica to unlock the deagle :(

Hunt Snipers->Headshot Snipers.

#2EZ.

Yes it is. It'll win 9/10 of gun battles 1-on-1 pretty much no sweat. Which is all that matters to most people since everyone and their mother used it in CTE (and people were still like "DICE, plz nerf before Live." DICE: "LOL NOPE.") and now everyone and their mother is gonna use it for Live.

Completed all DT assignments. The win CL by 50 or less is moronic. It's pretty much impossible on a 32 player server. Thankfully there was a user made 64 player one up and I eventually got it(after many hours) on Propaganda. You need the more players to add to ticket rate depletion. The 32 players at 10 minutes usually ends in a rout or if it's competitive time running out.

The requirement is totally mind-boggling. I'm letting the enemies cap to bring down my tickets...it makes no sense! Stop being stupid DICE. The requirement should have been win by only losing X amount of points. I really don't want to be playing CL anymore(going to get all the medals once which I'm closing in on and no more)...because I don't want to be screwing people over from completing the assignment by actually trying to win.

This whole DLC is ridiculous. For all of their faults, at least DICE Sweden can be somewhat competent. From what I've seen with Hardline and this DLC I have zero faith in DICE LA.

Don't know if anyone remembers, but BF3 GAF had a bunch of money leftover from when we got our own server way back when. We didn't know what to do with the extra, so we donated it to Kiva. I'm still running that account and continually "recycle" our loan money:

5cXy1Xz.png

YOU'RE DOING GOOD, GAF

mitchman

Gold Member

JJD

Yes it is. It'll win 9/10 of gun battles 1-on-1 pretty much no sweat.

So does the FAMAS and the Bulldog have pretty much the same drawbacks (I've been playing wit it again to see how it compares). Could it be balanced better? Of course but it is not broken tier.

Don't know about PC but on consoles I've had no problem going against it with the AEK. And while a lot of people are using it (it is a new weapon overall) I still see a lot of players using others AR.

If there is one thing that Dice did better on BF4 than any other BF game is weapon balance.
Long gone are the days of BF3 M16A3.

TheSeks

That FAMAS is at least counter-able by the fact that suppression effects it. The Bulldogs suppression is barely there. You can pretty much nail people easily as if you weren't suppressed. It's the same issue the AWS had when it launched: Able to steamroll enemies with no sweat and no harm to yourself.

Just because it vomits ammo like the FAMAS does not mean the damn thing isn't broken.

Again: A lot of people in CTE said it needs to be nerfed/tweaked. Why DICE didn't do it during that time... I'll never know.

Why is the Bulldog being compared to the FAMAS? Because they're both bullpups? Stats-wise, they're nothing alike.

Bulldog is more like the SCAR-H: same caliber, same mag capacity, faster projectile, slightly higher RPM, worse ADS accuracy, worse recoil, and better hipfire/moving accuracy.

JJD

Why is the Bulldog being compared to the FAMAS? Because they're both bullpups? Stats-wise, they're nothing alike.

Bulldog is more like the SCAR-H: same caliber, same mag capacity, faster projectile, slightly higher RPM, worse ADS accuracy, worse recoil, and better hipfire/moving accuracy.

I'm comparing then because the FAMAS had previously the lowest TTK on the AR class weapons. Now it's the Bulldog.

Why complain that the Bulldog wins 9/10 gun battles 1 on 1 when the FAMAS was the same and no one complained about it? That's the gist of the gun, low TTK at close quarters at the expense of some serious drawbacks. Good luck killing more than 2 people with the same magazine, and if you're using the Bulldog I hope you're proficient with your handgun of choice because you will be using it a lot, pretty much the same drawbacks that the FAMAS have.

The small magazine size and long reload are there to balance the weapon. The Bulldog is a great gun for advance users, it takes skill to use. Novice and even some intermediate players will struggle with it, again the same as the FAMAS.

That FAMAS is at least counter-able by the fact that suppression effects it. The Bulldogs suppression is barely there. You can pretty much nail people easily as if you weren't suppressed. It's the same issue the AWS had when it launched: Able to steamroll enemies with no sweat and no harm to yourself.

Just because it vomits ammo like the FAMAS does not mean the damn thing isn't broken.

Again: A lot of people in CTE said it needs to be nerfed/tweaked. Why DICE didn't do it during that time... I'll never know.

That's because people were only playing with the Bulldog on CTE were the suppression mechanic was fundamentally changed scrapped. On CTE suppression now is mostly visual.

When suppression is patched on the vanilla servers you can bet that all weapons will see similar benefits. It's a no win battle for Dice. Everyone complained about suppression but when it's finally gone all weapons will be more accurate with a slightly lower TTK and people will complain about being killed too fast.

Again, I'm not saying that the Bulldog is perfect. It could be better balanced and I'm fine if Dice tinkers with it a bit. I just don't think it's the best AR in the game, and that people have no reason to use anything else as you said.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I think I'm going to use the Unica more often than the Deagle.
Looks badass, doesn't feel overpowered.

Fun shit.

What's the best PDW for you guys?
I think I'm sticking with the UMP. Seems like it has the better range.

Fun shit.

UMP-45 might be my fav, but the CZ-3A1 is the most fun, IMO. It vomits bullets.

Haven't unlocked the SR-2 yet, though. Just got the new DT SMG last night, haven't use it much yet.

Fun shit.

The unica does seem to be pretty good. Haven't unlocked the Deagle yet though. As far as the best PDW, go with the SR-2. When, using PDW's, range isn't that important. If you are using them, you need to be close. Carbines are for mid-range. Just go with the SR-2, there is no substitute.

The unica does seem to be pretty good. Haven't unlocked the Deagle yet though. As far as the best PDW, go with the SR-2. When, using PDW's, range isn't that important. If you are using them, you need to be close. Carbines are for mid-range. Just go with the SR-2, there is no substitute.

Fuck that. PP-2000, suppressor, Kobra. Unstoppable.

JJD

Guys, I have 4 NA Destiny beta codes to give away, if anyone is interested send me a message. I'll give priority for people already on my friend list, I'll be out for about 3 hours and when I'm back I'll PM the codes!

I've been using the PP-2000 for the dog tags and god do I hate it so much. UMP-45 has always been my favorite PDW in BF3 and 4.

I haven't even unlocked the Unica 6 yet but from what I've used in the CTE it was a very fun weapon to use. I would use the Magnum much more if it weren't for the trigger delay.

A bunch of stupid dicks just now on the PS4 GAF server launching ATVs to get onto otherwise completely inaccessible rooftops on Propaganda and Garden today. Though it did give me a chance to rack up some UCAV kills.

Also there were two 6 man squads on my team and I was in one of them.

Kabuto

Fun shit.

MPX is definitely my favorite now. Put a Compensator and Ergo Grip on it and it's so accurate.

Tubie

Never really saw this bug before, but sometimes when I leave a server I will just get stuck in a black screen. And it's not like that other bug where the servers never loaded, this time it's just black with not even the loading icon blinking.

Nori Chan

I have completed assignments that still show up as not completed at the end of round screen. Is there anyway to fix this? I'm on the X1

Top Bottom