• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Havent seen anyone using the Riot Shield.
Can it be used on non Dragon Teeth maps ?

I hate Rush, I absolutely hate it. The lack of ability to destroy the m-coms with explosives and the lack of them being placed in collapsible buildings really kills it for me. It was so good in Bad Company 2. Arica Harbor Rush was my lifeblood. The current version of the mode is an abomination.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hate Rush, I absolutely hate it. The ability to destroy the m-coms with explosives and them being placed in collapsible buildings version of the mode is an abomination.

You're right about that: Collapsing buildings and AT mine trolling ruined the mode. Having to arm with your team (AKA: the point of the mode) in BF3/4 is 20x better. Shame they haven't designed the maps around the mode to where the mode would shine. Instead we get Conquest focus which harms Rush more than the other way around. :|

Havent seen anyone using the Riot Shield.
Can it be used on non Dragon Teeth maps ?

Yes, but it's pointless.

DarkFlow

Banned
lol innit. As bad as the "NO SWEARING IN THE WARFARE SIMULATOR WHERE YOU CAN STAB, SHOOT, BLOW-UP AND RUN OVER PEOPLE WHILST YOUR AVATARS SWEAR AT EACH OTHER" rule.

That's my Fav. It always confuses me. I can understand the Don't say bigoted shit rules, but not swearing.

You're right about that: Collapsing buildings and AT mine trolling ruined the mode. Having to arm with your team (AKA: the point of the mode) in BF3/4 is 20x better. Shame they haven't designed the maps around the mode to where the mode would shine. Instead we get Conquest focus which harms Rush more than the other way around. :|

Yes, but it's pointless.

Sorry, but no. Having the m-coms being vulnerable to destruction and explosives added another layer to the mode. Obviously the low health that the m-coms had early on BC2 was bad, but post patch it was great. You could still destroy it with explosives but it took good effort.

Instead we get Conquest focus which harms Rush more than the other way around. :|

Good. It's called Battlefield 4, not Bad Company 3. Too bad they didn't have the same mentality when making BF3. Plus they're working on that in CTE, so it's not too bad.

And yes, expansion pack gadgets end up being practically useless. Whatever they have for the next one will also likely be useless.

Yep, unlocked the deagle.

Good god oh mighty.

RIP Revolvers.

or... crazy idea here... maybe objective damage actually balanced the mode by making defenders spread out more?

TheSeks

or... crazy idea here... maybe objective damage actually balanced the mode by making defenders spread out more?

Not really. If anything it made defenders have to jump on the crates to prevent AT4 sniping/tank sniping.

The only "spreading out" that happened was to attempt to counter C4 sneakers. Otherwise it was too easy for the attackers to actually take objectives and roll rounds in minutes. That's not to mention the tree-clearing PS3-GAF did that pretty much would encourage that playstyle (tank/rocket sniping) to attempt to get objectives since the attackers couldn't reach it by then.

Destruction harms the mode more than anything. I don't mind they add destructible routes in, but rocket/AT mine/C4 harmed the mode more than anything.

And honestly, I've been saying this since BF3: The lack of alternate routes harms most of the maps they put in with Rush. Seine not being able to sneak behind the enemy and place a beacon as an infantry UNLESS you used the LAV to roll through with armor to the back was fucking stupid. Why DICE is scared to making WIDE-OPEN maps a la BC1 Rush is beyond me. The only problem I have with WIDE-OPEN maps is that in some cases it made attacker flooding happen a little too easy: Second set... that one Aftermath map in BF3 that has a nearly impossible first set with two chokepoints is a decent example. If the attackers flank to the back you can't really clear them out since they have the height advantage. Then you have to worry about vehicles.

Checks and balances are needed more than destruction.

Kane said:
Good. It's called Battlefield 4, not Bad Company 3.

*roll eyes* Because making maps with Rush in a line and then expanding outwards for Conquest would oh so harm Conquest as opposed to making U-shaped Conquest maps (Shanghai) that are linear in Rush but have a whole host of issues (see: Metro not expanding to where the "river" is practically pointless, Oman "river"/ocean being included but absolutely pointless since it doesn't even reach the first set/go further in to have the attack boats/etc. support, Naval Strike and Haian's huge run-up to the first sets)

CTE can attempt to re-place the crate placements and in some cases that'll help, but in others: Unless they REDO the entire maps it won't fix the sets.

Lord knows they'll probably reverse Haian to come from the beach US Sabo side to "first set"/last set and probably make another set in the carrier (oh lord if they do this, NS Rush was bad enough with those sets on the carrier) to try to solve the issue instead of breaking line of sight or moving the carrier closer to where Javelins can't lock the entire run-up down.

I've played BC2 Rush as recently as a month ago and it still holds up, it isn't my nostalgia clouding my opinion. Explosive damage plus crates in destructible buildings make for a better experience. A good team can stop the attackers at the first base on Arica Harbor by keeping the tanks out of range of the B m-com.

Rush on Arica, Valparaiso, Cold War, Oasis, and Port Valdez was amazing with explosive damage and collapsible buildings.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I've played BC2 Rush as recently as a month ago and it still holds up, it isn't my nostalgia clouding my opinion. Explosive damage plus crates in destructible buildings make for a better experience. A good team can stop the attackers at the first base on Arica Harbor by keeping the tanks out of range of the B m-com.

Rush on Arica, Valparaiso, Cold War, Oasis, and Port Valdez was amazing with explosive damage and collapsible buildings.
I still play it and the balance for the destruction is pretty much perfect. Rush in BF4 is a shadow of the mode in BC2, the layouts are crap and boring. There is no variation, and there are no possibilities for valiant last stands. Oh yeah and smoke grenades suck AND there are counter measures.

TheSeks

Having to redownload CTE.

...After downloading 4gigs already before being told that I'd have to uninstall CTE's previous version/client to get the new client.

...Which ate the 4gigs and started the redownload over.

DICE™
KCSeU4L.png

At least I'm back to 4 gigs of 36. Yay?

lord pie

... Good luck killing more than 2 people with the same magazine....

So you're saying it is unbalanced weapon for 3 vs 1. OK

In all seriousness, I played tonight for the first time in a while. Being on the receiving end, that gun felt like it is stupidly overpowered. Catch someone off guard, land a couple of hits! yes, I've got this guy... "BOOP BOOP DEAD". What.

terrible

Banned
If you're talking about the Bulldog it's too specialized to be OP. It's great up close but then the reload time hurts it and it's nothing special from medium range or further.

edit: ever since the last patch I started crashing when rounds end. annoying.

zma1013

I like to run my PDWs suppressed. The MPX loses much of its luster with a suppressor attached. So the SR-2 is still my default PDW with the P90 as a reserve.

I typically do as well for fear of showing up on the radar but I've been performing so well with the MPX unsuppressed that I'm doing better with it than I ever did with other PDWs, suppressed or unsuppressed. It doesn't matter if they see me on radar because I'm outshooting everyone with it. I'm winning many engagements with it where it surprises me that I'm even still alive.

Kabuto

I typically do as well for fear of showing up on the radar but I've been performing so well with the MPX unsuppressed that I'm doing better with it than I ever did with other PDWs, suppressed or unsuppressed. It doesn't matter if they see me on radar because I'm outshooting everyone with it. I'm winning many engagements with it where it surprises me that I'm even still alive.

Yup @ bolded. The second I save with hip firing is a lifesaver and is so frickin accurate. I said it last week but MPX is probably my favorite gun in the game right now.

What are your preferred attachments for the MPX? .

zma1013

What are your preferred attachments for the MPX? .

Laser sight + Grip that increases hip fire + Red Dot

Nothing for the barrel, although I will probably use the muzzle flash hider once I unlock it since I don't think it has any drawbacks.

Denzel

Ok so picked up this game on PS4, been playing conquest with my friend who's pretty decent at the game (1.8 k/d 330 skill etc). Problem is I'm a complete noob :(

I've been on youtube searching for things I should be and shouldn't be doing but it's all bullsh*t that everyone knows about (i.e don't run into the open, don't walk around corners while reloading, peak corners etc.)

Here are my stats http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/ITSHiCLASYO/stats/221221811/ps4/

I'm really looking to become at least above average in this game and I'm am desperately asking for help. and for the record i don't have any idea on how to use any of the helis or the jets so i stick to land and water vehicles (I should probably learn how to fly on ps4) Please help me out

Kemal86

Ugggghhhh.

I traded this in a couple months ago, but decided to borrow a friends PS4 copy because I hate myself

In one hour of playing:
- Had an infinite black screen loading a match
- Hard crashed back to the PS4 OS
- Played a match where every time I touched the ground, I suicided (??)
- Had ALL of my MP unlocks, stats, and XP boosts vanish into thin air

Le sigh.

Speedhoven

Neo Member
Ok so picked up this game on PS4, been playing conquest with my friend who's pretty decent at the game (1.8 k/d 330 skill etc). Problem is I'm a complete noob :(

I've been on youtube searching for things I should be and shouldn't be doing but it's all bullsh*t that everyone knows about (i.e don't run into the open, don't walk around corners while reloading, peak corners etc.)

Here are my stats http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/ITSHiCLASYO/stats/221221811/ps4/

I'm really looking to become at least above average in this game and I'm am desperately asking for help. and for the record i don't have any idea on how to use any of the helis or the jets so i stick to land and water vehicles (I should probably learn how to fly on ps4) Please help me out
You are already an above average player with that K/D. Look at lederboards.

- Had an infinite black screen loading a match
- Hard crashed back to the PS4 OS
- Had ALL of my MP unlocks, stats, and XP boosts vanish into thin air

the infinite loading/crashing is everyday allday BF4. Atleast the reboot is relatively fast :D

and change servers to get unlocks back.

Omni

Speaking of K/D... Mine has dropped from 3.2 to 3.07 lately. Serves me right for trying to use the riot shield hahaha :(

TCRS

Banned
do we have dedicated thread for the PS4? I could swear we had one. I mean PS4 generally, not for the PS4 version of Battlefield 4.

anyway...

I just ordered a PS4 + BF4 (+china rising)... finally a new fucking console and a new BF.

64 players on consoles here I come!

meshwork

Wait. People actually care about their K/D? I always figured K/D ratio means very little in a game like battlefield where more supportive roles (e.g. tank gunner on a more open map or the transport chopper pilot) hardly get any kills and PTFO'ing in general often means you push a point dying multiple times. For example, I would much rather have people in my team that go 45-30 than 10-2, even if the latter player has a far superior K/D. Or do people only play TDM/Dom where most players just aimlessly run around shooting each other?

TCRS

Banned
hmm.. that's a weird one. I never actually cared for the k/d ratio but as a tanker in BF3 I usually got a high one, so if it was low in the next round it pissed me off. same with the overall k/d ratio (the highest I've managed is 2.22), if it fell it meant I'm not being as good with tanks as I can be. But if you play mainly supportive roles it shouldn't bother you. I'm planning on playing mainly as an infantry support so I know I'm not going to be bothered by it.

Facism

What loadout does everyone use for the bulldog?

I've got 100ish kills with it but it seems like a faster firing less accurate scar, don't get the hype.

Every time I use it I feel like going back to the SCAR. Bulldog is horrid at mid range, might as well run around with a shotgun if extreme CQC is all it's good for.

majority of my Bulldog kills come at long distance. It literally feels like it has no bullet spread, minimal bullet drop and no damage drop off. Bulldog gives no fucks about suppression, either.

terrible

Banned
I probably die while reloading 2-3 times a match when I use the Bulldog. SCAR-H > Bulldog.

Wait. People actually care about their K/D? I always figured K/D ratio means very little in a game like battlefield where more supportive roles (e.g. tank gunner on a more open map or the transport chopper pilot) hardly get any kills and PTFO'ing in general often means you push a point dying multiple times. For example, I would much rather have people in my team that go 45-30 than 10-2, even if the latter player has a far superior K/D. Or do people only play TDM/Dom where most players just aimlessly run around shooting each other?

In CQ the more you're alive the more teammates can spawn on you which helps with objective play. The more you kill the easier it is to cap as well. Playing the objective is way easier the better you are at killing. For those reasons K/D is pretty important assuming you're actually playing to win. Sitting back and racking up kills away from objectives to pad stats is pointless.

meshwork

In CQ the more you're alive the more teammates can spawn on you which helps with objective play. The more you kill the easier it is to cap as well. Playing the objective is way easier the better you are at killing. For those reasons K/D is pretty important assuming you're actually playing to win. Sitting back and racking up kills away from objectives to pad stats is pointless.

To a certain degree this is definitely true, but you're probably willing to admit that survivability and K/D don't always have a linear correlation ie. I'm certain there are a lot of people with an average K/D between 1.5 and 2.0 who would stomp some people who choose their fights with K/D in mind and thus hover closer to a 3.0 ratio. Not to mention something like rush, where a superior K/D certainly helps, but maintaining that K/D is a lot more difficult when you attack.

I'm not arguing K/D doesn't matter at all, I'm arguing that staring at a number and basing your evaluation of a player on that statistic gives you a very skewed idea of their skill, and thinking you're a bad player because you have a lower K/D is a bit silly. Depending on the role I choose to play in a match my K/D varies wildly between 1 and 3, but that usually has no bearing on how valuable I was to my team in winning the match.

Top Bottom