• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

scogoth

What's the best sniper to unlock? Seeing as how Battlefield no longer has tanks I've surrendered to being useless.

M82A3 Mid is my favourite.

For unlockable ones SRR-61 is by far the coolest looking. At the end of the day that is really what is important.

Spl1nter

What's the best sniper to unlock? Seeing as how Battlefield no longer has tanks I've surrendered to being useless.

Scout elite. Because you love cs and losing the ability to 1hk with head shots at medium rangemakes it so pro. If you hit a body shot you never get a counts as kill and probably need two more shots because of damage drop-off.

But for real, srr-61. The gol is good as well but not really. Less bullet drop, higher muzzle velocity, larger magazine. Just the best. 20 rpm difference is no real difference, especially since the straight pull animations in scope are all off timed. Plus it sounds great. The gol is small and flat and boring, the srr-61 has some size to it, a man's gun.

OG Kush

Ok guys just bought this on PC. As someone who put a fair bit of time into the 360 and PC versions of BF3, how shall I come into? It seems as if DICE went further down that whole stupid unlocking every single thing for every single weapon bullshit. Tips for someone coming from BF3 and also what are the essential map packs?

scogoth

Ok guys just bought this on PC. As someone who put a fair bit of time into the 360 and PC versions of BF3, how shall I come into? It seems as if DICE went further down that whole stupid unlocking every single thing for every single weapon bullshit. Tips for someone coming from BF3 and also what are the essential map packs?

Get BF4 CTE. It's basically the GAF Gold of battlefield. No unlocks, netcode that mostly works, you don't have the shitty dragons teeth maps in the rotation that hammer your FPS for no reason.

Norua

Banned

If you really hate "the grind", you can buy shortcuts. EA's nice like that.
Regarding tips for gameplay, it's pretty much the same as BF3: check your minimap, don't run around corners, peak while ADS, blabla.
If you tell me your favorite weapons in BF3, I can tell you which one will feel as close to it in BF4 though.

Get BF4 CTE. It's basically the GAF Gold of battlefield. No unlocks, netcode that mostly works, you don't have the shitty dragons teeth maps in the rotation that hammer your FPS for no reason.

What do you mean "mostly works"? Mostly works describes retail. CTE is great. It's as good as it gets, and a lot better than BF3. And CTE has Dragon's Teeth maps since the last update.

Ocho > Like others have said, SRR-61.

Tubie

For standing back and getting long range kills? SRR61

For more aggressive mid to close range sniping? GOL Magnum

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Haven't checked CTE in a while, have you?

It's got Dragon Teeth and all the maps now

AND: You gotta redownload 36 gigs after uninstalling CTE for the new patching process.

DICE™

Nope, still the SRR-61. Muzzle velocity and more ammo is more important than 20 RPM which is inconsequential when moving around at any close range.

SRR-61 is just the GOL in a different flavor, isn't it? Same bullet drop/velocity as the GOL, just slightly more ammo which shouldn't matter if you're doing long-distance sniping anyway?

No. I'm thinking of another Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle that has nearly the same stats as the GOL and same bullet type. Forgetting it off my head. Used it as "practice" for the GOL.

Spl1nter

Bullet drop is just too important, otherwise you have to adjust for shots which still require snap shooting at medium range. Close range sniping doesn't exist in BF4. You are just rolling the dice with the nerfing of chest 1hk. Plus even if you play aggressive you still are going to be mixing in long range shots.

The AWP and M40 are the best looking sniper rifles in the game, accept no substitutes. The best option is usually the SRR-61, which is why a lot of people use it.

Too bad I can't do well with any of them.

Since tuesday or so every server I connect to is laggy on PS4. Anyone else experiencing this? Nothing has changed on my setup, great speed in everything else.

TheSeks

So what if he didn't, huh? Huh?!

I don't blame him. US servers are #dead.

---

Also the Lawyer SAT is amazing. Such a slept-on LMG. I think it's about as good as the AWS without the "WHOMG BROKEN" on it.

Tubie

I don't blame him. US servers are #dead.

---

Also the Lawyer SAT is amazing. Such a slept-on LMG. I think it's about as good as the AWS without the "WHOMG BROKEN" on it.

Reload, that's the most ridiculous thing about the AWS.

Oh, and that rate of fire lol.

http://symthic.com/bf4-compare?AWS_vs_LSAT

I need suggestions on which LMG to master next. I already have AWS and MG4 mastered, but every other LMG seems subpar compared to those two :(

I might just do the M249, even tho it's an MG4 with slightly more random side to side recoil.

Master every gun in the game. It's pretty fun.

Speaking of fun, the Scout Elite is horrible, what a worthless sniper rifle. Will still put up with for the dog tags tho.

Who the hell calls it the "Lawyer SAT", Thought it was a an exam or some shit.

TheSeks

Reload, that's the most ridiculous thing about the AWS.

Oh, and that rate of fire lol.

Yeah, but how often are you going to reload the AWS/LSAT? Unless you're habitual
like I am. I'm trying to break that on LMGs but...
that shouldn't be really a factor.

RoF is faster than the LSAT, sure, but:

Advantages of LSAT + None + None
LSAT's Damage drop-off ends 18% further
LSAT's bullets fly 7% further
LSAT's bullets fly 7% faster
LSAT has 17% less upwards kick
LSAT has 17% less kick to right

Less recoil, further damage drop-off, and further "range."

You can hit from the bridge to "C" US side on Lumphini Garden with pretty rock-solid accuracy with no mods versus the AWS's recoil fighting.

I love the AWS, but since it's over-used
and got that recoil nerf/"buff for balance"
I think the LSAT is a decent replacement (though probably slept on due to LOL RATE OF FIRE LOL). I'm wondering how many people aren't seeing that low recoil, grabbing it despite the RoF and going to town on people from mid/long-range.

an arbitrary amount of time until someone notices the application :D

and we have all these applying members who have not said if they really are part of Gaf:
bf4_apply.jpg

if you recognize anyone or are one of these, post here!

iirc, YouTwo is U2NUMB

Nope, still the SRR-61. Muzzle velocity and more ammo is more important than 20 RPM which is inconsequential when moving around at any close range.

The M40A5 is the best close range sniper rifle. I use it with an ACOG, straight pull, and laser sight. Its high rate of fire makes it pretty powerful.

TheSeks

PLAYERS
18 / 64

Actual players in the server:

Me/64

KCSeU4L.png

Twitch bot inflation has hit BF, or Battlelog is fucking up accurate reporting. Either/or, but it should be fixed. :|

Norua

Banned
I need suggestions on which LMG to master next. I already have AWS and MG4 mastered

M240B, PKP and RPK-12. Heavy Barrel and Vertical Grip. Quick tap bursts all day everyday.
If you're bad with controlling the recoil then forget about the M240B but the RPK-12 is easy.

Spl1nter

The M40A5 is the best close range sniper rifle. I use it with an ACOG, straight pull, and laser sight. Its high rate of fire makes it pretty powerful.
You might as well use a scar-h and be useful at close and mid range. M40 is possibly the worst sniper rifle. At least the gol can hit a moving target despite the RPM difference being pointless for sniping.

TCRS

Banned
tank controls are terrible on the ps4. I tried legacy, it's just as bad. they need to bring back the BC1 layout, it's perfect. left side of the controller is for driving the tank, right side is for shooting. gives you the greatest flexibility and manouverability. if Dice would listen to the community I would lobby them hard for a BC1 patch.

guess my tanking days are over, or they're at least not as much fun.

tank controls are terrible on the ps4. I tried legacy, it's just as bad. they need to bring back the BC1 layout, it's perfect. left side of the controller is for driving the tank, right side is for shooting. gives you the greatest flexibility and manouverability. if Dice would listen to the community I would lobby them hard for a BC1 patch.

guess my tanking days are over, or they're at least not as much fun.

I've never been a fan of the opposing shoulders driving scheme, brake on left trigger, accelerate on right. In games that aren't racing game and that don't have variable acceleration (BF4 has three, stop, go, and go fast, not analog acceleration) the brake and acceleration doesn't need to be on the analog buttons.

I do also much prefer the BC1/1943 scheme of accelerate on L1, brake/reverse on L2 with weapon controls on the R side.

Started playing again this week. Game runs pretty damn well for me now on PC. I stopped playing after China Rising (bought Premium) so I have a lot of maps to try out. Really loving the latest set though.

Tubie

Started playing again this week. Game runs pretty damn well for me now on PC. I stopped playing after China Rising (bought Premium) so I have a lot of maps to try out. Really loving the latest set though.

Naval Strike is amazing, and probably the best DLC map pack we will get.

(I'm hating dragon's teeth the more I play the maps, specially Sunken Dragon... yea good luck if you start out as USA)

TheSeks

Naval Strike is amazing, and probably the best DLC map pack we will get.

That's not Second Assault.
Too bad they fucked up Oman

Though Naval Strike is a close second. Shame no one is playing EITHER for the shitty Dragon Teeth maps on PC. :/

That's not Second Assault.
Too bad they fucked up Oman

Though Naval Strike is a close second. Shame no one is playing EITHER for the shitty Dragon Teeth maps on PC. :/

I'd give it to Naval Strike. It only has one shitty map (Lost Islands) compared to two (Metro and Firestorm) in Second Assault. Plus it has a remake of one of my all time favorite maps, Iwo Jima via Operation Mortar.

TheSeks

Well...

25% boosts are nothing more than a fart in the wind when you're in 2XP + prestige 20+. 122 now with two 2XP's this month from the previous cap of 120. :/ Mostly because I'm hoarding the last few 200% boosts I have because you just know DICE is gonna troll me and raise the cap again with the last expansion maps. D:

Couple of short clips from yesterday.

The first is a real skill showcase. In the second I get the drop on a pilot and a couple of really annoying passengers with stingers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMHBysTUZZw&list=UUAC5zrVhvMymafAClmPEtUg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncMZNUCBEXs&list=UUAC5zrVhvMymafAClmPEtUg
I swear I've never seen the HVM lock-on that quickly, but I don't use it enough to be sure.

---

In other news, after I had a stuck at menu background followed by immediately blue screen on restart, I decided to finally reinstall BF4. Apparently deleting BF4 auto-delets all the DLC, so I now have like 20 GBs and days worth of downloading to do. Just another thing that the 360 did better. Jesus.

Man, I can't play consistent at all on here compared to BF3. I think I flipflop sensitivities too often. Sometimes I go default 20%/100%. Then I might bump it to 40%/75%, and recently 40%/55%. Not sure on how to go about and get my BC1/2/BF3 groove back lol

TheSeks

I swear I've never seen the HVM lock-on that quickly, but I don't use it enough to be sure.

---

In other news, after I had a stuck at menu background followed by immediately blue screen on restart, I decided to finally reinstall BF4. Apparently deleting BF4 auto-delets all the DLC, so I now have like 20 GBs and days worth of downloading to do. Just another thing that the 360 did better. Jesus.

If it's like the PS3: The PS4 probably considers it a part of the "data install" file in the gamedata area (whatever on PS4's "not XMB") which is why it deletes it. Some stuff like BC2 (and LittleBigPlanet and I think Deus Ex?)'s DLC comes in a different "game app" icon/app bubble to keep it from doing that, but it's rare.

I think that's similar to the 360 system where it separates it but that's by default on the 360 so...

zma1013

Sunken Dragon is the shittiest map when played on Conquest. 3 easily defended flags on one side, 2 flags on the US side with giant open spaces between for US to cross. How the f#$% are they supposed to win?

Just picked this up for PS4. Haven't received it yet, but is there a good write-up of stuff to know? I played a decent amount of Battlefield 3, but nothing for 4 yet. Just heard what a mess this game has been I'm curious if there's anything I should know going in...

TheSeks

Just picked this up for PS4. Haven't received it yet, but is there a good write-up of stuff to know? I played a decent amount of Battlefield 3, but nothing for 4 yet. Just heard what a mess this game has been I'm curious if there's anything I should know going in...

Nope. Same as BF3 with a few tweaks.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

You may have to change the vehicle controls unless you like accelerating with the analog stick. On foot controls too if you aren't keen on the new placement of the crouch/prone function.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Man, I can't play consistent at all on here compared to BF3. I think I flipflop sensitivities too often. Sometimes I go default 20%/100%. Then I might bump it to 40%/75%, and recently 40%/55%. Not sure on how to go about and get my BC1/2/BF3 groove back lol

I have no advice for you... I've sucked at Battlefield ever since they messed with the analog settings for BF3. Nothing feels right.

Kind of a bummer going from feeling god-like at times in Bad Company 2 only to become insta-scrub with BF3-4.

*shrugs*

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
First game back from the Destiny binge: 17-0 in the last few minutes of a game. We won, woot woot.
Second game back: Revive glitch

Bummer

Top Bottom