• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

To a certain degree this is definitely true, but you're probably willing to admit that survivability and K/D don't always have a linear correlation ie. I'm certain there are a lot of people with an average K/D between 1.5 and 2.0 who would stomp some people who choose their fights with K/D in mind and thus hover closer to a 3.0 ratio. Not to mention something like rush, where a superior K/D certainly helps, but maintaining that K/D is a lot more difficult when you attack.

I'm not arguing K/D doesn't matter at all, I'm arguing that staring at a number and basing your evaluation of a player on that statistic gives you a very skewed idea of their skill, and thinking you're a bad player because you have a lower K/D is a bit silly. Depending on the role I choose to play in a match my K/D varies wildly between 1 and 3, but that usually has no bearing on how valuable I was to my team in winning the match.

and i fly the transport choppers all day everyday in Conquest modes barely getting kills but i still get a good amount of points and have a big impact on winning the map for our team.

KD Ratio is not that important in Battlefield. I would look at the SPM(score per minute) ratio instead to see who is a decent player.
The "skill" number would be nice if it would work properly.

McHuj

I can't believe that I've almost put in 370 hours into this game (PS4). This is the first MP shooter that I've really played since Quake I. Kind of missed out on the last whole generation of multi-player shooters.

That ramp up time for the first 10 hours was awful. I think my K/D ratio for that time period was around 0.1, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I'm much closer to 1 now, but still carry the burden of the first tens of hours.

Does resetting you stats reset your rank as well? Unlocks?

I'm also curious if we'll end up getting any thing else for BF4 in 2015. Premium is supposed to end in October, but with Hardline getting delayed into 2015, it would be nice if they continued to support BF4.

zma1013

I'm also curious if we'll end up getting any thing else for BF4 in 2015. Premium is supposed to end in October, but with Hardline getting delayed into 2015, it would be nice if they continued to support BF4.

I doubt they will release anything else for BF4 after the Premium content. There will still be patches and things like that, but no more map packs.

Ocho

Wait. People actually care about their K/D? I always figured K/D ratio means very little in a game like battlefield where more supportive roles (e.g. tank gunner on a more open map or the transport chopper pilot) hardly get any kills and PTFO'ing in general often means you push a point dying multiple times. For example, I would much rather have people in my team that go 45-30 than 10-2, even if the latter player has a far superior K/D. Or do people only play TDM/Dom where most players just aimlessly run around shooting each other?

Whenever my friend supports me as a tank gunner, he gets more kills than me. :(

Acorn

boosts affect SPM? well that's ruined too then. Dont look at any stats, just play the game! :D
That's always been the case with BF.

Someone with terrible stats can make a difference. I.E rushing a flag like a headless chicken and exposing enemy positions for those following at the back.

terrible

Banned
That's always been the case with BF.

Someone with terrible stats can make a difference. I.E rushing a flag like a headless chicken and exposing enemy positions for those following at the back.

If you hand out ammo as support and heal/revive as assault you're already a more useful teammate than 90% of the people out there regardless of how good you are lol.

I've been waiting for this game to drop to $30 for the longest time for ps4. How come the XboxOne is already 29.99 on amazon and not the ps4 version? I just can't justify paying $40+premium ($50) for a game that came out last year.
Might as well just wait for Destiny now.

scogoth

I've been waiting for this game to drop to $30 for the longest time for ps4. How come the XboxOne is already 29.99 on amazon and not the ps4 version? I just can't justify paying $40+premium ($50) for a game that came out last year.

Because its been a $50 beta for a year. It will release sometime the BF5 beta is released.

Maddocks

Some players are pretty funny, they get so hurt by the dumbest things.

My buddy shot a guy out of the attack chopper twice, no big deal, he was flying super low and slow. The guy then sends him hate mail for the next 5 hours. All because he killed him twice. Hate mail was nothing but "you suck, your clan sucks, get on the leaderboards noob" and other things that I cant repeat here. But I don't get why he got pissed in the first place, he killed him and moved on, didn't tea bag or do 360 jumps.

Tubie

I can't believe that I've almost put in 370 hours into this game (PS4). This is the first MP shooter that I've really played since Quake I. Kind of missed out on the last whole generation of multi-player shooters.

That ramp up time for the first 10 hours was awful. I think my K/D ratio for that time period was around 0.1, but I'm glad I stuck with it. I'm much closer to 1 now, but still carry the burden of the first tens of hours.

Does resetting you stats reset your rank as well? Unlocks?

You can still tell if someone reset their stats because the actual number of kills and deaths don't reset, only the averages on the main page of your battlelog. It's pretty useless anyway, only you care about your own stats.

I was pretty bad at first too, this being my first MP shooter and all. .3-.4 KD first month, 240 hours later I've managed to bring that up to 1.12 and on average I now end matches with over 2, so that number will keep going up.

because its selling more on PS4?

Shai-Tan

Banned
For those who are using (regular stereo) headphones on pc: what setting is appropriate to get proper positional audio? I've been playing with the headphones/stereo setting but it seems to be frequently wrong about the directionality of the sound?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What's the deal with the luggage carepackage?

Easter Egg or some shit. Who knows. Where's mah free Gold Battlepacks, DICE?

DICE said:
GOLD BATTLEPACK

Nuked from Orbit Dog Tag
25% XP BOOST
50% XP BOOST
50% XP BOOST
PKS-07 [7X] - M98B

KCSeU4L.png

FInally got CTE reinstalled... and no one is playing/testing. *sigh* At least the patches won't be 7 gigs a pop now?

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
For those who are using (regular stereo) headphones on pc: what setting is appropriate to get proper positional audio? I've been playing with the headphones/stereo setting but it seems to be frequently wrong about the directionality of the sound?
I'm not on PC, but you can't get accurate directional from stereo. Needs to be surround sound and even the headphones aren't the best for that unless you have a pair that is actually directional surround, which thee are only a few gaming sets with that functionality.

TheSeks

The DICE paintjob for guns is amazing.

Y U NO AVAILABLE DICE? :(

Zombine

Banned
I just had a bizarre interaction with an Admin on a server. I was playing on a 24/7 metro server as a medic, and then as support, and I got a message from "UmadBroYOLOswagg" on psn that said "Wrong guy to c4 glitch scrub" and the dude banned me from the server.

I don't even know what the C4 glitch is? And I was using the ammo crate and MP-APS. I don't even necessarily think I was playing super well. I was primarily healing and re-supplying.

Spl1nter

The Bulldog isn't even as good as the SCAR-H overall. It's fine as is I think.
I went from loving the bulldog to very meh. The reload and ammo capacity really balance it out. Also not using the deagle anymore as recon. Can't have a gun that is so unreliable in hip fire, back to the 1911.

I'm happy with all the maps. Don't understand how people find them too much of a clusterfuck. Even pearl market, rarely ever feels chaotic unless you decide to run around like a headless chicken.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm not on PC, but you can't get accurate directional from stereo. Needs to be surround sound and even the headphones aren't the best for that unless you have a pair that is actually directional surround, which thee are only a few gaming sets with that functionality.
This isn't true, you can get good quality directional sound from stereo headphones. Don't think there is a decent setting in BF4 though.

Kak.efes

People are such assholes.

I'm trying out a loadout for the attack helicopter, but I guess a couple of guys are really upset I keep spawning in before them. Anyway, I'm unlucky enough that I get the gunner's seat, while one of them keeps getting the pilot's seat. This happens a couple of times, and pilot face plants the helicopter so they can try again later. On the third attempt, I get the pilots seat, and one of them gets the gunner's seat. Great. The gunner abandons, and tries to immediately RPG the helicopter (along with his friend, who's also in the spawn area).

So I'm just sort of floating there, looking at these two rejects trying to RPG the helicopter, and fail, when an opportunity to really screw them over appears. They're both clumped together. I pitched the nose down, and full throttled right into them before abandoning and killing them both.

Bonus, the helicopter survived, so I got back in, and proceed to stay in until the round ends ensuring they can't do whatever it was they hoped to do in the first place.

Shai-Tan

Banned

nah, positional audio isn't the same as literal surround sound. the game should do a sound mix. i can hear where people are coming from in other games, including old battlefield games like bc2. anyway, i'm fiddling with it

how long does it take to be accepted in the neogaf platoon?

an arbitrary amount of time until someone notices the application :D

and we have all these applying members who have not said if they really are part of Gaf:
bf4_apply.jpg

if you recognize anyone or are one of these, post here!

Norua

Banned
I went from loving the bulldog to very meh. The reload and ammo capacity really balance it out. Also not using the deagle anymore as recon. Can't have a gun that is so unreliable in hip fire, back to the 1911.

I'm happy with all the maps. Don't understand how people find them too much of a clusterfuck. Even pearl market, rarely ever feels chaotic unless you decide to run around like a headless chicken.

Deagle is easy mode. Unica is sexier.
When playing recon though, I agree neither of them are the best option.

Propaganda and Lamphini Garden are both amazing. Surely in the top 5 of BF4. Sunken Dragon and Pearl Market are great. The level design of Pearl Market is quite impressive when you take into account all the places you can go to and I really like the atmosphere on Sunken Dragon.

People complaining about Pearl Market are probably the same people that never check their minimap and / or don't use the design of the map to their advantages (using the Amtrac efficiently, staying on roofs and balconies to cap / defend points, on the outskirts of the map when going from points to points, etc.).

Bombless

The only thing that annoys me to no end on Market is the stupid ladder doors you can close off. You get all those backdoor accesses in many points of the map and they're all usually immediately blocked off by camping assholes when those were made especially to allow a secondary access to places.

I love the map otherwise.

Facism

Lymphoma Gardens is the best of the maps. Wish they made more of the urban area and the dead space between D>C>A.

Kabuto

The only thing that annoys me to no end on Market is the stupid ladder doors you can close off. You get all those backdoor accesses in many points of the map and they're all usually immediately blocked off by camping assholes when those were made especially to allow a secondary access to places.

I love the map otherwise.

You can shoot those ladder doors open!

TheSeks

You can shoot those ladder doors open!

Wasn't that explosives only though? Or did dice finally change it to let you shoot the lock?

In any case, climbing the rail and glitching the "E to activate" > shooting the door.

I've been having serious problems with packet-loss coming in when playing 64 player games. I checked last night and according to ping-test I'm not dropping anything, so when I get home tonight I'm going to update my open ports, hopefully play a few games, and if that doesn't work, I'm likely taking a vacation until I get the hunger for this game again. It's just too frustrating and unsatisfying lately.

TheSeks

check!

all these applying members have not said if they really are part of Gaf:

lmao. I've the same issue with the PC platoon.
Not that I've been paying attention to that
:x People really should say something, at this point I'm pretty much close to just denying people if I have no clue who they are.

Tubie

check!

all these applying members have not said if they really are part of Gaf:

lmao. I've the same issue with the PC platoon.
Not that I've been paying attention to that
:x People really should say something, at this point I'm pretty much close to just denying people if I have no clue who they are.

We probably have a lot of lurkers!

Feel free to ask here if you want to be added to the platoon(s) guys!

Ocho

What's the best sniper to unlock? Seeing as how Battlefield no longer has tanks I've surrendered to being useless.

TheSeks

What's the best sniper to unlock? Seeing as how Battlefield no longer has tanks I've surrendered to being useless.

The GOL Sniper Magnum.
For one, the Zero-ing WORKS. For the other, it's the best sniper in the game two games running (BC2/BF4)

Accept no other waifus.

Good luck unlocking that. Trolllololol DICE.

We probably have a lot of lurkers!

Probably. But again: if I have no clue who these people are, then why should I accept them? If I can put names to faces, it just hurts you.

Top Bottom