• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

MAX PAYMENT

I'm dying for an online ps4 game.

Is it worth getting into this game and getting all the doc so late?
If this is a shitty ps4 mp game, what should I go to?

I have no advice for you... I've sucked at Battlefield ever since they messed with the analog settings for BF3. Nothing feels right.

Kind of a bummer going from feeling god-like at times in Bad Company 2 only to become insta-scrub with BF3-4.

*shrugs*
I can go back to BC2 and 1943 after not playing for months with no problem at all. I stop playing BF4 for 2 weeks and I have to spend 2 or 3 rounds readjusting.

Tubie

I still love the game after 290 hours in multiplayer. Would definitely recommend, at least, getting the base game and see if you enjoy it.

Get Premium if you like the game enough after you play vanilla for a while.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Welp, until performance is fixed I think I'm skipping on playing. Apparently it is something introduced with Dragon's Teeth that is causing the damn random stutters more often than the server lag. :/ Knew it wasn't on my end but still zaps the will on wanting to join a round when I can't even be sure of my "hits" being true or not. :/

mbmonk

I am seeing BF4 for Xbone on the MS store for $30, gold member discount. Anyone know how long that sale is for? I can't find information about it anywhere.

Apologies for crapping up the thread, if this is the wrong place.

I'm here, please add.

bf4_apply.jpg

lord pie

I don't know if it was a bug or a really ****ing annoying troll, but tonight I was getting an attack order from the commander around once every 3 seconds for the entire game. Sometimes it was happening so quickly the chirp sound wasn't even finished when I got another.

I suspect it was a bug, because it was still happening after the commander quit in the end game screen (!).

Ohh and for something completely unrelated:
http://hungryspoon.com/random/Bf4.webm

:)

I'm here, please add.

done!

it's the most fun you can have online with a PS4. (Destiny might be fresh if you can handle the MMO aspects)
I would just get the base BF4 game now and wait for a Premium discount after the last map pack arrives. Multiplayer is very fun and the vanilla maps are very populated (and probably still the best maps in the game)

Speedhoven

Neo Member
You might as well use a scar-h and be useful at close and mid range. M40 is possibly the worst sniper rifle. At least the gol can hit a moving target despite the RPM difference being pointless for sniping.
M40A5 destroys every other sniper in close quarter.

Tubie

I don't know if it was a bug or a really ****ing annoying troll, but tonight I was getting an attack order from the commander around once every 3 seconds for the entire game. Sometimes it was happening so quickly the chirp sound wasn't even finished when I got another.

I suspect it was a bug, because it was still happening after the commander quit in the end game screen (!).

I think it's a bug, it happened to me a few days ago.

TheSeks

ballistictiger is possibly Crack from BC2. But I doubt he's playing since he said he sold his PS4 copy to play CS:GO in the CS:GO thread.

why did i read this?

i don't even own an Xbox One.

Because you're waiting for that Phantom Dust remake to play with me. ;) ;)

Still hate paid-for online. Hopefully this allows LAN-tunnels

Free RCBilly

mbmonk

I am looking for some fellow gaffers to play with on Xbox One. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Details:
- I play from roughly 8pm EST - 10pm EST
- I only have BF4 vanilla; so I don't have any map packs.
- I prefer Conquest gametype
- I have played pretty much every battlefield game that has existed.
- I am average to slightly above average player.
- I am only level 2 on the game. I prefer the recon class, but I will play anything the game or squad requires.

I have created a post on the public wall for the Console BF4 community, linked in the OP.

Thank you.

kakashi08

Dragon's Teeth.
Is it worth it? I only got china rising and didn't like it, so never bought the next two. But I'm thinking of getting Dragon's Teeth. Should I?

DirtyLary

Cheapest way to get Season Pass for PC?

Ordering from the mexico via a proxy. Google "Origin Mexico Vpn"

Now where can I find a deal on premium on the PS4?

Anyone on the fence deciding on purchasing a PS4 copy? Targets EBAY stores has a hell of a deal atm. $19.99 for the standard edition. Thats about 21.50 shipped

According to http://bf4stats.com/ the PS4 has the largets community and its constantly growing.... the game isn't going anywhere when Destiny/COD release.... maybe when Hardline hits..

TheSeks

Season pass on Xbox one... Yay or nay?

Do yourself playing a lot? Yes? Then buy it. If no? Then don't.

The maps have been hit (Naval Strike/Second Assault besides the WTF Oman Rush set-one change that ruined that map) and miss (Dragon Teeth/Rising, Rising isn't bad but it isn't great either). The guns are mostly worthwhile (the new snipers are shit outside of my waifu the GOL) and you save cash.

But since you're on the 720, you should be asking "do I want to sub to EA's rental service? It gives Premium to me with a bunch of other EA titles." In which case: IDKMYBFFJILL?

I don't think I like any of the dragon's teeth maps...

You're not alone.

Pretty maps and DICE-LA's artists must've loved doing them, but they aren't practical in playing. :/

Maddocks

Nah. RPGs suck in BF4, especially for long range shots due to their low travel speed.
I should know, I've been using rocket launchers as my main weapon for years now. :p

Lies, rpg is all skill. 1k+ in bc2, 5k+ in bf3 1k again in bf4.

rpg has always been my main weapon and rocket launcher of choice. I switched to the smaw, couldn't do it. To weak for my blood.

TheSeks

SRAW > RPG-7 (bigger damage) + SMAW (flies straighter/less drop/less damage) combined.

Able to be "laser guided," able to lock-on (I think RPG-7/SMAW dropped this?) as "fire and forget" (therefore able to get around Javelin's "please hold" restrictions now in BF4), bigger damage than the RPG-7 IIRC.

Really, no reason to use any other launcher besides the Stinger/IGLA unless you need to hit the RCB guaranteed while parachuting, in which case Javelin maybe.

Shame the SRAW isn't the AT4 replacement, though. Due to the differences in "guiding" it's slightly wonky.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yeah, the near-negligible damage differences between the SRAW and the RPG-7 aren't enough to balance out the former's numerous other advantages over the latter.

Dragon's Teeth.
Is it worth it? I only got china rising and didn't like it, so never bought the next two. But I'm thinking of getting Dragon's Teeth. Should I?

i wouldn't buy it as a separate pack. If you haven't. Wait for the last pack to arrive and hopefully there will be a discounted Premium for sale.

HelloMeow

What are the key differences between BF4 & BF3 because I still don't get it. Why a new game every year...

Every 2 years you mean?

The differences are in the player movement, weapon handling and the vehicles. Most changes they made are pretty subtle. BF4 basically has more of everything. More weapons. More attachments. More gimmicky equipment. And most of all, more bugs.

meppi

Lies, rpg is all skill. 1k+ in bc2, 5k+ in bf3 1k again in bf4.

rpg has always been my main weapon and rocket launcher of choice. I switched to the smaw, couldn't do it. To weak for my blood.

They balance each other out a bit. But since I tend to do a lot of long range shots, I've changed from the RPG to the SMAW and haven't been back for a long time.
I do have a feeling that the blast radius with the SMAW is a bit smaller than with the RPG though, so if you're aiming for infantry, it really has to be in their face, otherwise it won't kill them.

Season pass on Xbox one... Yay or nay?

Personally I would only get Naval Strike. Best maps in the game, at least for me.
The rest are kind of forgettable/boring/frustration or a combination of those.

Ocho

Yeah, the near-negligible damage differences between the SRAW and the RPG-7 aren't enough to balance out the former's numerous other advantages over the latter.

I LOVE to kill SRAW players with my tank. You can't kill me if I can see you. RPGs have the advantage of no need to lock (duck and hide), and it's a pretty big one. As a tank whore, RPGs are the way to go, people.

GenericUser

asking the BF vets here:
when do you think premium for bf4 will go on sale on consoles?

I'd love get the full bf4 experience, but I somehow cannot get myself into paying another 50 bucks for that.

asking the BF vets here:
when do you think premium for bf4 will go on sale on consoles?

I'd love get the full bf4 experience, but I somehow cannot get myself into paying another 50 bucks for that.

i think the BF3 premium went on sale at the release of the last map pack to get maximum sales.

TheSeks

I LOVE to kill SRAW players with my tank. You can't kill me if I can see you.

Uh... what is "Dumb Fire mode" for $500 Alex?

*bing*

SRAW can:

-Dumb fire (no need to guide)
-Guide (ADS and then move the mouse/right stick)
-Lock on (only with a PLD) to red boxes/lock.

RPG-7 can:

-Dumb fire
-Dumb fire
-Dumb fire

SRAW wins.

GenericUser

i think the BF3 premium went on sale at the release of the last map pack to get maximum sales.

alright, thanks for answering

If it all goes well, I'll give EA the force of *maximum sales* when they release the last map pack. It sucks that people had to endure all the shittyness during and after the bf4 launch, but right now - at least for me - that game is in tip top shape and fun beyond believe.

Ocho

I had no idea you could dumb fire with the SRAW. I thought it would always follow your reticle (even if not aiming). I guess that's better, but I seem to never die to SRAWs, I wonder why that is... maybe damage is too low to kill me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Uh... what is "Dumb Fire mode" for $500 Alex?

*bing*

SRAW can:

-Dumb fire (no need to guide)
-Guide (ADS and then move the mouse/right stick)
-Lock on (only with a PLD) to red boxes/lock.

RPG-7 can:

-Dumb fire
-Dumb fire
-Dumb fire

SRAW wins.
Wait, you can dumb fire with the SRAW. Like as an alternate fire mode?

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Wait, you can dumb fire with the SRAW. Like as an alternate fire mode?
I think he is saying that if you don't ads, it will dumb fire. I'm testing this when I get home.

I have dumb fired an sraw, but I was right on top of the target, so no chance for it to deviate and miss. I'll try it from further away and see what happens.

Kabuto

I LOVE to kill SRAW players with my tank. You can't kill me if I can see you. RPGs have the advantage of no need to lock (duck and hide), and it's a pretty big one. As a tank whore, RPGs are the way to go, people.

If you ADS for a couple seconds and release, the SRAW will still go towards your target. SRAW is better than the RPG because you can adjust even if a tank moves.
It's way easier to kill infantry with a SRAW too because of this reason.

You can dumb fire it too but it goes off erratically so I usually just use it to blow a wall or if someone surprises me.

Akainu

Holy shit. I figure I should finally start the campaign to unlock those guns. I get to the part where you have to shoot the helicopter with the grenade launcher and it freeze. I start it back up and all of my progress is lost. How have they still not fixed this?

Bombless

I always fire the SRAW scoped in then unscope as the missile flies if I'm in a hurry. Dumb firing it results in crazy deviations.

I do use the SMAW on close ranged maps, it has a much faster projectile speed than the RPG-7 and absolutely no drop in relatively close range.

Top Bottom