• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Ocho

A good killer AND a good teammate is better than being a good teammate. You can get to 300 being a good teammate, you get to 400+ being both (in normal CQ scenarios aka no metro bs spam spam).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Depends on the situation. If you're low on tickets and people are dying a good non-killer/negative KDR to revive you to slow bleed is better than dying while trying to get kills to speed their tickets faster than your bleed, for instance.

It's all situational.

TheSeks

I bet PSN is shit again and unlocks the DLC at 7pm est tho :(

It will. Welcome to Grace Chen Time and why I'm glad I'm no longer on consoles (or at least Sony consoles) and on a platform that will update at a set-time (granted, Origin is all over the place but Steam 1PM EST <3 <3 <3 <3 <3).

Nothing about the bow in the trailer. Hmm, so were the rumors just a fallacy?

It's part of the "Phantom Program" apparently. Why would they show that off when it isn't part of the DLC schedule a side-thing that simply is being added with this? It isn't part of the DLC plan.

Gotta say that Titan burnout chase is pretty good. I'll give DICE credit: They can do some good trailer gameplay now and then.

mitchman

Gold Member
This seems to be setting up the next BFs story

Murica and China vs Russia in a semi futuristic war?

Pls make it so DICE

It's a well known "fact" that (a) future war(s) will be about the resources in the arctic, resources largely unexplored thus far. So expect future wars to include China, Russia, Canada, USA, Norway, and any countries with significant claims to the arctic.

Acinixys

2gig patch followed by 6gigs of final stand. I haven't the time.

What kind of shit devs does DICE have that they cant combine the patch and FS into a single download for those that have premium?

Let the non premium peasants suffer through 2 downloads...

Kabuto

I got the sense a lot of people came back just to play the DLC haha, but the maps are still gr8. Hangar 21 is soo good

oh and check your battlepacks everyone. I got over 100 Gold BPs for some reason o_o

What kind of shit devs does DICE have that they cant combine the patch and FS into a single download for those that have premium?

Let the non premium peasants suffer through 2 downloads...
And develop three updates instead of two?

Nah, they would dick or up somehow. Like non-premium does 12% more dips on the Ruger.

TheSeks

So for awards that actually unlock things that some1currs about:

DISINFORMATION
Requirements before doing:
(Reach rank 10
Play a Final Stand map
Own Final Stand)

AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Affect 10 enemies with M84 Flashbangs
Get 3 melee kills
REWARD
DS-3 DECOY

EYE SPY
(Reach rank 10
Play a Final Stand map
Own Final Stand)

AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Get 2 Spotting Ribbons
Get 20 DMR or Carbine kills

REWARD
TARGET DETECTOR (Think of the spotting scope in BC2 but attachable where Laser/Flashlights go but only on Carbine and DMR's AFAIK)

MECHANIZED MAYHEM
(Reach rank 10
Play a Final Stand map
Own Final Stand)

AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Get 25 kills with the Schipunov 42
Spend 5 minutes in the air with the Launch Pod

REWARD
TUNDRA (Paintjob)

FROSTBITE
(Reach rank 20
Play a Final Stand map
Own Final Stand)

AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Play 10 hours of Final Stand
Win 10 rounds on Operation Whiteout
Win 10 rounds on Hammerhead
Win 10 rounds on Hangar 21
Win 10 rounds on Giants of Karelia

REWARD
FROSTBITE (Camo, IIRC)

PHANTOM OPERATIVE
? (Phantom Password required. Obviously Premium only)

REWARD
Becoming Katniss Everdeen.

5 things out of 6. 1 of which is premium exclusive. The two kit items are probably the easiest in the game to unlock. Nice "final" DLC assignments. Less batty than the M1911 S-Tac unlocks.

Means I just have to suffer 10 hours and 10 rounds on the maps for Frostbite and can get the others easy in Metro 1.5/Metro 2.0

Everything else is Battlepickups in the map, including the railgun. Which have dogtags (that only Kane cares about) attached to assignments.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
Just played my first round of Hangar 21. Was there ever an issue with spawn points in the CTE? It kept spawning players on the open hillsides. It was a joke trying not to get spawn killed. Went 4/ 18 just trying to stay alive. Next map, I get stuck in a glitch. Not having a good time with this DLC so far. I need to take a break and try again when I cool down. So much rage quit.

TheSeks

Kabuto simply didn't check and played on servers that were giving 15 Battlepacks out on PC, I wager.

MattDoza

I left my PS in rest mode to prepare, but it's not even going to matter. Last Stand won't even be up by the time I get home. Damn you Grace Chen!

I was indifferent on this game until I played Operation Locker with 64 players. Wow.

Pretty intense! Had a bit of slowdown though during the more insane moments... Normal? (PS4)

I was playing with a bunch of gaffers the other night on PS4.

My cousin and I (who is also a gaffer) play several nights a week. But we need more than 2 people in our squad.

We consistently finish in the top 3 on our time almost every time and we want more friends to play with.

I even went 41 and 1 last night :)

Can't wait for Final Stand tonight.

PSN is MeatyPetey91
I'd like to make some friends who want to win!

MattDoza

It would not have downloaded any way. Dlc doesn't automatically download.
I knew, and know, this. But I can access the store on my phone and start the download remotely. But a patch will be required in addition to the new content. So, instead of it being ready to go this evening, I'll spend the evening downloading everything. :/

Edit: I guess I can quit my bitching. It's up.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...00-XPACK04000000000?scope=sceapp&smcid=sceapp

TheSeks

Bullets disappearing right after firing. Horrendous lag. Yep, it's a BF4 update. :/

It would not have downloaded any way. Dlc doesn't automatically download.
Speaking of auto-downloads, it'd be nice if you could set when the PS4 checks. Having to wait for a 3 GB download when I get home when it could have been downloading anytime between 9-5 but didn't because it wasn't there at 6 am or whenever it checks is stupid as hell.

Top Bottom