• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Aw yeah, lets do this.

edit: Um... so is there a bow now or what?

Evolved1

So idk if it was like a glitch or something, but I just opened like 10 gold battlepacks.

Anyone getting weird stutter/lockup issues? Apparently it's an nvidia driver issue. Just updated to 344.75 and hopefully it fixes it, but if not the fix is apparently to disable the origin in game overlay.

AmyS

Is final stand up yet? I don't see any option to download it.

Final Stand is up for PS4 in NA. No idea about other platforms / regions though.

On PS4 go to PS Store > Games > Add-ons > New Add-ons.

6.34 GB - I'm downloading it now, 43 min left.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, hopefully they fix this shit hit register they introduced with this patch the packetloss/lag. I think I'm done trying to play until I'm sure people popping into my face is from parachutes and not coming around a corner only for the game to not update me on that.

Evolved1

I'll be on Rush until pretty late.

I bought GTAV but of course the new FPS controls are hot garbage... so not really feeling it atm.

TheSeks

The Gold Battlepacks you got today are apparently them finally implementing the gold battlepacks from Service Stars that was supposed to be there a year ago... so... *cough* yeah.

AmyS

Still 15 min to finish d/l Final Stand, PSN is really slow tonight, for obvious reasons.

Any recent word on the likelihood of that rumored 6th DLC with three BF3 maps?

Still 15 min to finish d/l Final Stand, PSN is really slow tonight, for obvious reasons.

Any recent word on the likelihood of that rumored 6th DLC with three BF3 maps?

They fixed up the updated calender for Premium this patch, and it looks like it will extend for at least a year. We'll probably get some sort of new content next year

They fixed up the updated calender for Premium this patch, and it looks like it will extend for at least a year. We'll probably get some sort of new content next year
With DICE's next game coming out in a year, it does seem likely that they'd try to extend it somehow. I just hope it doesn't mean we have to buy a season 2 pass or something.

I've been playing Battlefield 1943 today for the first time in over a year (with a DS4 no less) while the wife plays Dragon Age on the PS4. Boy, I really miss how simple that game was.

Conquest only, no customization, each class had a set role. It's still really fun and I found full rooms without problem.

Dr Prob

Banned
...I really miss how simple that game was.

Conquest only, no customization, each class had a set role. It's still really fun and I found full rooms without problem.

1943 was awesome. Just pick your class and off you go.

In other news: This download is proceeding at a downright glacial pace. At this rate it should be done by about Friday. Wanted to shoot some dudes and explode some things.

Played a round on Giants of Karelia. I liked it. Reminded me of Kiasar Railroad on BF3. I only played the one round, because where my BF peeps at? I also (eventually) got 34 Battlepacks; they came in randomly after I had already played. Oh, and all my classes were reset to their default loadouts, although at least everything was properly unlocked. Oh, DICE!

Acinixys

57 free battlepacks

Thanks for the XP boosters DICE

Also ive experienced my first bug on the FS maps

Spawned in as an engi and had no RPGs

Had two rep tools instead

Dr Prob

Banned

Like adamsappel mentioned, your loadouts have probably gone screwy. Mine certainly did-- engi somehow had two repair tools equipped as well, which is odd as it's something you couldn't even set up if for some reason you wanted to, yet there it is!

Tubie

57 free battlepacks

Thanks for the XP boosters DICE

Everyone's loadouts got reset after the patch.

It was specially annoying going through each vehicle and setting them up again.

Tubie

What's with all the free battlepacks and why didn't I get more?

Please stop with the 25%s, they're useless.

They wanted to make it so you got a gold battlepack when you earned a class service star, but they never actually implemented that. This patch they did and retroactively awarded everyone battlepacks for the stars they've earned since then.

I got 7 200%, 16 100%, 29 50% and a lot of 25s, the grind from 130 to 140 won't be so bad after all!

TheSeks

The hover tank's controls are still clunky as fuck.

Welp...

And they introduced shit hit register and lag again. This patch/update...
KCSeU4L.png

Also I'm not alone in hating the
CTE whiners
Suppression medibag change. It makes the already low TTK even lower. Shit is fucking annoying when you're trying to push up through numerous chokepoints (like Operation Whiteouts third set) but you can't even HEAL a bunch of people with it because
on 64 which is shit and DICE really should make hard player limits on servers per mode
there's suppression flying around everywhere on the no mans land.

It's like... *gasp* DICE didn't feature the mode when they did that Alpha for more than one day and only on one map. Instead they did a complete week of Conquest while quickly testing CTF and one map of Rush and that's about it.

mitchman

Gold Member
Played a round on Giants of Karelia. I liked it. Reminded me of Kiasar Railroad on BF3. I only played the one round, because where my BF peeps at? I also (eventually) got 34 Battlepacks; they came in randomly after I had already played. Oh, and all my classes were reset to their default loadouts, although at least everything was properly unlocked. Oh, DICE!

Get on a bit earlier and I'll join you :) I played alone aswell, no euro on and no early US.

TheSeks

http://i.imgur.com/N4IDjOI.jpg <---That feel.

In buggy news:

In other news:

That weapon switch animation, while realistic is kinda going to kill it. Though right now it seems to not have bullet drop to where I'm not sure why there is a yellow/red bar when all the shots will hit the green/top-bar on firing. *shrug* If Kane wants to test it sometime later this week at long distance, we can do that.

TheSeks

It's supposed to be "balanced" by "the fact you can use the sticky medikits! </CTE whiners>" when no one wants to use a cumbersome kititem to heal themselves and maybe one or two others.

It's not like you couldn't take the medicbag out by grenades or bullets. People going behind cover and healing wasn't as big a deal as some of CTE wants to make it out to be.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Sorry I hopped off last night dude. I was super tired and had just finished a round, so it seemed like a good time to get off. I'll be on tonight though.

Evolved1

So they changed Rush pretty significantly for the worse.

No more sudden death defusing. Out of tickets? You lose.

Do we know how to actually unlock the bow yet?

No more sudden death defusing. Out of tickets? You lose.

Rush was ruined when they removed the ability to destroy crates with explosives.

The Bow is unlocked with the Phantom Operative password, which we don't know yet.

Evolved1

Rush was ruined when they removed the ability to destroy crates with explosives.

That did not ruin rush. People who can only win rush by tank sniping or C4'ing crates are dorks who don't deserve the win.

That did not ruin rush. People who can only win rush by tank sniping or C4'ing crates are dorks who don't deserve the win.
Then you and I have different definitions of what was fun with Rush. My favorite Rush map ever was Arica Harbor. You might be able to tank snipe or collapse the first two set of crates, but afterwards you had to arm them. It was balanced and fun.

TheSeks

As PC users type. "^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^"

Rush's intention is for the attacking team to RUSH and reach the crates. Not sit back with RPG-7/AT4 (SRAW)'s and snipe two metal crates while the defense has to jump in front of the rockets while sniping the snipers.

The major problem is the lack of flank routes and sometimes DICE makes "no man lands" (like trying to cross the huge ice road third set Operation Whiteout) with very little cover. Meanwhile, on the opposite spectrum they don't add "destroy-able cover" in certain spots to allow flank routes to open up.

Throw in that no one besides like me and maybe two others on PC CTE actually want to help them fix the mode it's impossible to get feedback for the mode, especially when they don't even put servers up on CTE for these new maps for more than a day and only on ONE map.

No more sudden death defusing.

Sudden Death IS there, provided people don't spawn. But people are idiots and decide to spawn when you reach 00 tickets because they don't know this.

Once again: PHANTOM PROGRAM ARG. Once someone figures out the password (which is going to take a week or more) you type in the password into Battlelog to THEN do the assignment requirements to unlock it.

Then you and I have different definitions of what was fun with Rush. My favorite Rush map ever was Arica Harbor. You might be able to tank snipe or collapse the first two set of crates, but afterwards you had to arm them. It was balanced and fun.

Or C4-drone them. Or C4-quad them.Or spam grenade launchers at them with Assault's unlimited ammo. Taking that bullshit out made Rush way better.

Or C4-drone them. Or C4-quad them.Or spam grenade launchers at them with Assault's unlimited ammo. Taking that bullshit out made Rush way better.

Maybe before the patch that lessened C4/Grenade damage. But after if the defending team couldn't kill all of the attackers before they widdled away the crates, the defenders deserved to lose.

Rush, in its current form, is a shitty mode that doesn't belong in mainline Battlefield games.

Top Bottom