• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Ocho

I wonder what Lost would say if he played with Drunken squad. Last night we spent the half part of a match blowing boats with mines/c4 trying to get them up the mountain in Operation Mortar. Probably insta quit.

Spl1nter

I wonder what Lost would say if he played with Drunken squad. Last night we spent the half part of a match blowing boats with mines/c4 trying to get them up the mountain in Operation Mortar. Probably insta quit.

We won that match did we not!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Seks get a PS4 on Black Friday.

I'm sorry. Did they drop the Rental Service fee to play online yet?

If anything, I'm getting an X-box 720p for Phantom Dust. Provided that turns out good. But even then I dunno if I'm playing that online.

He's always bitching about someone. Either it's me and my "autism" (lol at that insult, BTW. Cute trying to use a condition to insult someone. Classy.) or "PS3-GAF" (as he was on 360 last gen) and their idiosyncrasies or someone not speaking English joining his squad WAHHHHH.

I get PMs every time I call you out. People do not like you.

Damn I didn't realize seks stopped playing psgaf. I loved his bitching, it made me a better player for sure from back on ps3.

I like you Seks!

TheSeks

Damn I didn't realize seks stopped playing psgaf.

I stopped as soon as Sony announced their rental service was needed for online play for the PS4 during E3. That's when I went "NOPE.avi" and built a PC. I'll be honest, I don't miss the console landscape and "walled garden" online at all. There's only two exclusives (which are on rival consoles, ironically) that I miss that won't show up on PC (well one of them may if MS was smart): Phantom Dust (bought this twice and will probably get the remake if good), and Uncharted (which I can mostly pass on outside of maybe the two online trophies that are rental-service paywalled on PS4/UC4 if it followed UC2-3 conventions).

I loved his bitching, it made me a better player for sure from back on ps3.

Did I really?

---

I will admit I do miss a few of you that are console-only/PS3-GAF. I do hop on the PS3 now and then if I feel like playing P4U/2 but it's been ages since I've felt the need to play the PS3 (I'll probably play it again for Persona 5 and that'll be it since MGS5 is getting a PC port) but it passes when I'm reminded that Sony has made a lot of their online service a pay-wall now.
And how is that going, with the service being up-and-down now and then?

I haven't even updated my PSP2 either since that webkit hack happened in the hopes that a CFW happens and there is nothing on that system that draws me (Disgaea 4 came out right before that last FW update so I stopped there after buying it).</Console Warrior>

I do want to add that I don't miss the XMB shuffle to message for Faceless to get his ass to A/B when I need someone to back me up there. Being able to K "B" K "B" K "B" in a text-chat window is so muuuch better (much to some peoples dismay). Why DICE never got my pleas for it on consoles, I'll never know.

SteveWD40

So, I just got a new laptop that can breeze 60fps on high on BF4 so I figured it's time I jump in. Last BF I played a ton of was BC2.

Is it worth grabbing the premium / all the DLC? I feel like Hardline won't pull as many people away as 4 did from 3 as it's not military based, is it safe to say BF4 still has 2 years left?

Fuck me that's a lot of stuff to unlock, much of it seems to be behind some DLC paywall...

terrible

Banned
Holy crap this dude is insufferable. I'm glad I don't play rush I guess, everyone on GAF I've played with in CQ has been fun to play with. Worst part is he doesn't even look like he's amazing at the game. If you're going to be all high and mighty at least be great ;)

So, I just got a new laptop that can breeze 60fps on high on BF4 so I figured it's time I jump in. Last BF I played a ton of was BC2.

Is it worth grabbing the premium / all the DLC? I feel like Hardline won't pull as many people away as 4 did from 3 as it's not military based, is it safe to say BF4 still has 2 years left?

Fuck me that's a lot of stuff to unlock, much of it seems to be behind some DLC paywall...

I still mostly only play the vanilla maps even though I have Premium. It's not really worth it unless you are going to be playing the game a ton.

mitchman

Gold Member
Any euros playing here? After Elzar went to do something else, it's been kindof thin in the euro ranks. Staying up all night to play with the US crew (Sharp, Dakar, etc) is not good for my sleeping pattern :)

TheSeks

pretty sure you can breeze through those with one of those free 14 day PS+ trial passes :D

That's if they kept the "play a round of co-op/competitive" trophies just for the platinum and not the crazy "do these three things in a round" ones. :p

TheSeks

So, CTE: I'm not sure I like the "throw lights at players faces if someone is headglitching" "fix" they're looking into. :/

Holy crap this dude is insufferable. I'm glad I don't play rush I guess, everyone on GAF I've played with in CQ has been fun to play with. Worst part is he doesn't even look like he's amazing at the game. If you're going to be all high and mighty at least be great ;)
Rush generally sucks anyway, even with the CTE update. Not being able to damage crates with explosives ruined the mode. Plus, being a 32 player game mode it isn't worth my time when Conquest and Carrier Assault are available. Shame they ruined CTF by making it 32 players.

Funny enough, people don't like you either Lost. So...

Probably old enough to be my granddad yet he acts like a five year old.

I'm 38.

You post more than anyone here, constantly offering unsolicited advice and bitching and moaning in internet memes. You've literally driven adults away from this thread with your unceasing bullshit.

We can continue this in PMs if you want. Otherwise, keep pissing up a rope.

Orcus

Meanwhile at XBO-GAF... *crickets*

I need to find a new BF4 community. Lots of full servers and different game types, but the GAF contingent has evaporated. Everyone I used to play with is playing Destiny. =[ Which really sucks since they missed out on all the awesome CTE changes that got patched in.

I need to find a new BF4 community. Lots of full servers and different game types, but the GAF contingent has evaporated. Everyone I used to play with is playing Destiny. =[ Which really sucks since they missed out on all the awesome CTE changes that got patched in.
CTE changes? I came here to ask about the final DLC release date, but lots of other strange things happening in this thread.

TheSeks

CTE changes? I came here to ask about the final DLC release date, but lots of other strange things happening in this thread.

The release date hasn't been announced. It's TBA still. CTE played the "beta" and gave feedback about two weeks ago. Since then it's been radio silence outside of "prototype" fixes like the Helicopter physics.

AFAIK they're probably waiting until next month to roll some of the CTE changes/"prototypes" into the patch(es) since console manufactures have to do testing/etc. on the patches before pushing them out. If not that, it's probably in certification right now and they're waiting on MS/Sony to give a release date for the consoles before having a release date on PC.

As far as CTE right now, they're looking into the "headglitch" issues in regards to someone being able to fire from cover that looks (in third person) like they can't.

Any euros playing here? After Elzar went to do something else, it's been kindof thin in the euro ranks. Staying up all night to play with the US crew (Sharp, Dakar, etc) is not good for my sleeping pattern :)

me and rockscar atleast? just waiting on that Last Stand to drop Destiny

edit: on the PS4 that is

shone237

Unconfirmed Member

Tried to join you last night but couldn't. It's amazing how broken this game still is on Xbone when it comes to joining friends.

Just got an xbone last week with bf4. Don't have premium yet as I am waiting for a sale but add me and I'll join when I can.

It's the release date for Dragon Age well.

Yeah, I won't be playing it for at least a week. Its such a dick move for EA to push it out that day (I assume that EA has final control over the release date for DLC after it passes certification). Its like they don't think that their FPS fans can also be a fan of their RPGs.

Top Bottom