• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That cross-content lag, though...

Not sure how some of you do that.

TheSeks

Xfactor really needs to go join his own damn server. :|

Tubie

Damn, November 18th is just an unfair day for the amount of shit getting released.

I'm only interested in Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age, but not enough to pay $60 for them so it works out for me. I can get those games later when their price goes down, just like I did with Far Cry 3 and DA Origins.

TheSeks

I'm only interested in Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age, but not enough to pay $60 for them so it works out for me. I can get those games later when their price goes down, just like I did with Far Cry 3 and DA Origins.

Steam sale in a year, bro. And isn't DA Origins being given out for free right now?

I like his videos, is he as good as he seems to be? His reaction time is insane.

Kinda. He's pro, but the thing is he floods the server with him and his "[XW]'s" on the other team but the XW's don't really have a chance against him and a coordinated team. It drives me insane to join a server I usually join only for him to show up and wreck it for hours. It's like "really, dude, you don't have the money to make your own server for you and your group?"

Says the guy with an average 1.66 lol...

Check the rest of the stats, smart guy. Do all the unlocks for as many guns as I have and we'll see how yours look. Then rack up the Rush wins I have and we'll check again.

EDIT: Trying to call out my numbers while yours are hidden. You and Seks ought to make your numbers public, huh?

Ark

Kinda shocked people are getting seriously butthurt about a game that still doesn't work over a year from release.

I've been disconnecting from almost every single game I play lately. On PS4 it's perfectly fine, but on PC I get these dumb disconnects. BF4 is the only game this happens in too, it's so infuriating.

TheSeks

Kinda shocked people are getting seriously butthurt about a game that still doesn't work over a year from release.

You think this is a game? NO THIS IS SRS BSNS.

terrible

Banned
Check the rest of the stats, smart guy. Do all the unlocks for as many guns as I have and we'll see how yours look. Then rack up the Rush wins I have and we'll check again.

EDIT: Trying to call out my numbers while yours are hidden. You and Seks ought to make your numbers public, huh?

He's good.

I've been disconnecting from almost every single game I play lately. On PS4 it's perfectly fine, but on PC I get these dumb disconnects. BF4 is the only game this happens in too, it's so infuriating.

On PC the game always feels sluggish to me, it's hard to explain it though. Almost like there's input lag or something. I look at my FPS expecting it to be low but it'll be in the 80's at all times. I kind of had the same issue with BF3 too.

JJD

I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything, I just thought it was amusing you made fun of someone with a 1.something K/D when yours was just as average.

How do you unhide/hide your stats on Battlelog? My login is my PSN ID, JJD_ITBA feel free to check then. If you can't really see then on Battlelog just do what any intelligent BF player would do and check then on bf4stats.com.

I used to play super seriously but I'm past that since most of my PSGAF pals stopped playing together a long long time ago...I'm not really playing anymore but feel free to send me a friend invite, I promise I'll try extra hard for you! And I bet you'll love my amazing english skills! :-D

By the way, victories pins or medals mean shit if all you do is pubstomp servers with a bunch of clan friends playing against randoms. Believe me I know, my winning average is or used to be really high.

Usually I wouldn't touch Rush on BF4 with a 10 foot pole but if that's the only thing you play I'll gladly join.

He's good.

Don't try to get on my good side, I'm still mad about that time on Hainan when you blewn up a wall with C4 and proceeded to waste two full GAF squads myself included, and then posted the video here! ;-)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
JJD your English is fine, although you still type "then" instead of "them" all the time.

And I've been playing with Lost a bit lately... imo he's as good as any of the core BC2 group from back in the day.

Man, I sure do miss BC2. I miss being good. :(

TheSeks

JJD, I wouldn't bother. He'll just remove you because "OMG ENGLISH OR GET OUT *MuricaEagleCry.gif*" for it. Meanwhile, Olimpia was foreign, played damn near nightly on US servers and spoke Spanish/English inbetween. For such an "old guy," he certainly doesn't act like it.

In other news: Gold Battlepack from Battlefest is glitched. "Rank P28" as the unlock conditions while showing up in my "inventory" of Battlepacks. Thanks, DICE?

JJD

JJD your English is fine, although you still type "then" instead of "them" all the time.

And I've been playing with Lost a bit lately... imo he's as good as any of the core BC2 group from back in the day.

Man, I sure do miss BC2. I miss being good. :(

Never said the guy is bad or anything, never played with him. I don't really think stats say anything about how good you are at BF, you can pad most of then if not all like Win/Loss, K/D, even SPM. Skill never meant anything since it was included in BF3. My stats took a gigantic dive before I stopped playing because I was trying to unlock the fucking UCAV assignment...I'll never get the jet ribbons.

But if you're saying he is good I'll take your word for it. I know that you are a good player.

I just think that if you're going to comment on something as useless as other people BF stats you better make sure yours are considerably better otherwise you're just trolling, and in this case his K/D ratio is nothing to write home about. If you have a 0.5 better K/D than mine you shouldn't be pointing fingers or making jokes.

Are you playing again? I told you some time ago that the patches made the game considerably better. It's still not perfect but it's at a point were I'm comfortable recommending the game to other people.

Did you try flying? On most maps the attack chopper is still useless, but on maps like Shangai and Dawnbreaker a pilot like you could do a lot of damage to the enemy team.

I do miss BC2 too...maybe we should start a petition...seems like pubs are at least listening to then nowadays...lol...

Edit: It's cool Seks, I'm not even playing the game anymore...

I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything, I just thought it was amusing you made fun of someone with a 1.something K/D when yours was just as average.

How do you unhide/hide your stats on Battlelog? My login is my PSN ID, JJD_ITBA feel free to check then. If you can't really see then on Battlelog just do what any intelligent BF player would do and check then on bf4stats.com.

I used to play super seriously but I'm past that since most of my PSGAF pals stopped playing together a long long time ago...I'm not really playing anymore but feel free to send me a friend invite, I promise I'll try extra hard for you! And I bet you'll love my amazing english skills! :-D

By the way, victories pins or medals mean shit if all you do is pubstomp servers with a bunch of clan friends playing against randoms. Believe me I know, my winning average is or used to be really high.

Usually I wouldn't touch Rush on BF4 with a 10 foot pole but if that's the only thing you play I'll gladly join.

Don't try to get on my good side, I'm still mad about that time on Hainan when you blewn up a wall with C4 and proceeded to waste two full GAF squads myself included, and then posted the video here! ;-)

FR sent.

Evolved1

Never said the guy is bad or anything, never played with him. I don't really think stats say anything about how good you are at BF, you can pad most of then if not all like Win/Loss, K/D, even SPM. Skill never meant anything since it was included in BF3. My stats took a gigantic dive before I stopped playing because I was trying to unlock the fucking UCAV assignment...I'll never get the jet ribbons.

But if you're saying he is good I'll take your word for it. I know that you are a good player.

I just think that if you're going to comment on something as useless as other people BF stats you better make sure yours are considerably better otherwise you're just trolling, and in this case his K/D ratio is nothing to write home about. If you have a 0.5 better K/D than mine you shouldn't be pointing fingers or making jokes.

Are you playing again? I told you some time ago that the patches made the game considerably better. It's still not perfect but it's at a point were I'm comfortable recommending the game to other people.

Did you try flying? On most maps the attack chopper is still useless, but on maps like Shangai and Dawnbreaker a pilot like you could do a lot of damage to the enemy team.

I do miss BC2 too...maybe we should start a petition...seems like pubs are at least listening to then nowadays...lol...

Edit: It's cool Seks, I'm not even playing the game anymore...

Yeah I'm back, but I suck.

TheSeks

Yeah, I think I'm done going on Urock servers. Nothing but WTF server rulesets for the modes that don't fit the modes.

Edit: Woah, they moved Set two Lancang totally indoors. Niiiice. B is no longer so deep inside. I guess I should
spectate
Rush maps more. But them above 150 ticket 64 player servers. Ugh ugh ugh.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139079971&postcount=1486

TheSeks

I agree. The one thing I complain most about when playing this game is how bad I am at it, and if I suck than everyone else must be atrocious.

Sounds like you should get out of the jet, bro. ;)
Oh wait, that's Kane.

TheSeks

I think skill is a pretty decent indicative of good players. If they hit 400+, they are good. Below 300? Bad.

When you can do a 40-0 round and be -5 skill when you carried your team to a victory? Not really.

I don't think Skill should be determinate of a good player. You can still be a capping machine in Conquest, yet die a lot. You can have a 1:1 KD, but still have enough caps, revives and ammo/health supplies that makes it so that you win. In BF, being a good teammate is better than being a good killer. That's how I see it.

TheSeks

I don't think Skill should be determinate of a good player. You can still be a capping machine in Conquest, yet die a lot. You can have a 1:1 KD, but still have enough caps, revives and ammo/health supplies that makes it so that you win. In BF, being a good teammate is better than being a good killer. That's how I see it.

And that's really all there is to say about this whole subject.

I know there's a lot of things going for shooters, but I will say, usually in BF, the little things matter more than other games. Little things that even with blind rushing and bravery can turn the tides on a match. I say that even though I used to play CS/CS Source for such a long time and even used to be very good at COD4. A heal and resupply here and there. Capturing one flag could chain into 2 or 3 more. Taking out a jet or a tank can make or break an entire area. Spotting the enemy either by visuals or a TUGS can save your ass in so many ways.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
the problem with any stats in BF is they go out the door the moment you start trying to achieve all the assignments or just want to have fun practicing different tactics and such with friends.

bottom line- If you have good stats in BF4, you are not fun at parties.

the problem with any stats in BF is they go out the door the moment you start trying to achieve all the assignments or just want to have fun practicing different tactics and such with friends.

bottom line- If you have good stats in BF4, you are not fun at parties.

The only good stat I'm proud of is accuracy. I haven't played BF4 in forever, but I have a 15% accuracy, but in BF3, I played a couple hundred hours and have 19%+ accuracy. Proud of that.

I don't worry about stats at all in BF4. I'm more concerned with doing my "job" in the game. I play sniper almost exclusively so I make sure I spot everything and clear/defend points from a distance so my teammates can get easier kills and caps.

I don't worry about stats at all in BF4. I'm more concerned with doing my "job" in the game. I play sniper almost exclusively so I make sure I spot everything and clear/defend points from a distance so my teammates can get easier kills and caps.

I usually like playing an offensive sniper. I'm weird like that. Take TF2 for example. I will do most game modes with a Huntsman Sniper, so I can be offensive. Love it.

TheSeks

Sniper only... :|

I blame Hiho for all the losses we take, then.
;)

I usually like playing an offensive sniper. I'm weird like that. Take TF2 for example. I will do most game modes with a Huntsman Sniper, so I can be offensive. Love it.

I don't really care for the Huntsman. Or any of the "class updates" to TF2. IMO they ruined the fine delicate balance that was there for all classes. :|

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
The most important stat is the number of people who send you hatemail when you play when you're not even trolling.

this. I'll do the occasional Tbag in the hopes to inspire some hate, but some people don't take this game serious enough.

the best is when someone sends you a clip of them killing you. I know they want me to feel dumb, but it has the opposite effect. I love it, and laugh hysterically.

Evolved1

There is only one true litmus test: will they kick someone else out to make room for you in the squad. If the answer is yes, then you are the right kind of BF player.

Top Bottom