• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How do you receive all those battlepacks?

Do you have service stars?

If yes: Play a round.
If no: Get some

If yes and still not getting some: Are you rank 100?

If no: Go get rank 100. (IIRC that was the plan for them)

@Splinter: Yeah, but isn't Jack on DICE/EA's payroll anyway in regards to promoting videos for them?

Spl1nter

@Splinter: Yeah, but isn't Jack on DICE/EA's payroll anyway in regards to promoting videos for them?

Probably, but he does a great service for the community in coalescing all the easter eggs and phantom program information. There is no doubt in my mind that DICE increased the number and quality of easter eggs in BF4 because of his videos.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Exactly. If only we had your capture card back in that day. You could C4 bleed second set A Arica by the "side road" of the main road "north" (defense) of A and over the roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rQ6IA1Kbn4 <---This is what Faceless and I are talking about, SG. You could place C4 right over the roof of the crates at times and "bleed through" to hit them/damage them while killing the defense that couldn't see you.

That wall he runs past (on the left) to go up to the roof that is where A is? You could also hit the crate from there if you and a bunch of people were needing to do that (or even slam the Humvee there a la Jihad Jeep's).

Shit was fucking broken and people NEVER went for arming the objectives which should always be the main point of the mode. People should have to break through lines to get to the crates. But they never did because, hey... why but the tickets when we can remotely reach them with UAV/AT4/Tanks or attempt to Rush with Jihad Jeeps or if we REALLY reach it troll with AT mines (that persist beyond death to where Engineers couldn't take them out [good change by DICE in BF3/4]) or C4 through areas or collapsing the building?

Defense had very little they could do beyond "make no man lands" to actually stop the onslaught of damage that attackers had to their advantage in BC2.
And yet my W/L ratio on defense is 2.7, on attack 0.5 and I barely played anything but rush. PC sounds different to consoles though as once damage was nerfed it was very rare for a crate to be list to anything but arming, tank sniping or building collapse.

TheSeks

And yet my W/L ratio on defense is 2.7, on attack 0.5 and I barely played anything but rush. PC sounds different to consoles though as once damage was nerfed it was very rare for a crate to be list to anything but arming, tank sniping or building collapse.

It's got nothing to do with "W/L" or "console/PC" it's got everything to do with what DICE intended (people not using it as a primary ability to take crates) people to do: Play an infantry focused mode as... an infantry focused mode.

Honestly, I feel like Bad Company 1 had it right in some regards. Explosive damage could be done but it was so minimal (you literally had to spam 500 or so rockets at EACH. CRATE. ON. THE. MAP. for a good 10-20 minutes) that it discouraged that style of play. BC2 encouraged it too much. Even with the "nerf" it was still encouraged because "oh, they only doubled the number of explosives needed to take it so instead of 2 mins, it's now 8/10 mins to take it. *yawn and C4 bleed/Jihad/AT4 snipe anyway*"

Plus BC1's map design was HUGE for the player count and open on Rush to where players on attacking could attempt to flank or use trees instead of no-men lands to flank. BC2 made the maps more linear for a slightly higher (IIRC) player count but didn't give players the option to move stealthy to where ya'll wanting to push up was encouraged instead of being paranoid about people reaching the crates.

Same shit happens in BF3/4 and then 10 players are in the base besides me and it's like "well, you could've stopped this if you actually hanged back and let them come to us like BC1 wanted."

Jackfrags managed to activate the elevator and get to the room, but didn't have the correct code to open the forcefield. You need 4 people, one with each of the new dogtags hidden around the maps. Everyone needs to be wearing the Phantom camo, weapon skins, and dogtags or the elevator will kill you.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Jackfrags managed to activate the elevator and get to the room, but didn't have the correct code to open the forcefield. You need 4 people, one with each of the new dogtags hidden around the maps. Everyone needs to be wearing the Phantom camo, weapon skins, and dogtags or the elevator will kill you.

That sounds way more complex than it is actually worth.

TheSeks

That sounds way more complex than it is actually worth.

Welcome to ARGs.

Also if it requires that Phantom Paintjob that requires jetkills: I'm out.

In other news: Zh1nt0 is leaving DICE.

zTrG2nI.gif

Can't wait to see what eSports org he ruins. (Best of hits for those that don't know him: http://imgur.com/a/Nds4D )

RoKKeR

Welcome to ARGs.

Also if it requires that Phantom Paintjob that requires jetkills: I'm out.

In other news: Zh1nt0 is leaving DICE.

zTrG2nI.gif

Can't wait to see what eSports org he ruins. (Best of hits for those that don't know him: http://imgur.com/a/Nds4D )
Such a dumbass. Maybe a bit harsh but this guy was the "community manager", and he did everything but manage the community back when I was really tuned into the BF community with BC2 and BF3.

Overdoziz

Banned
Even if it had those functionalities you'd still be stuck with a game that is known for having a high player count in a match which isn't exactly suited for spectating. Sure, you could just use the 5v5 gametypes but then the game becomes almost indistinguishable from any of the recent CoDs which aren't very popular in esports anyway.

What map is this? Hangar 21?

TheSeks

The game doesn't even support local LAN lol.

Nor bots so you can get those bullshit assignments done. :(
BF1942 and BF2 did

Anyway, it's hilarious how he kept harping on "eSports eSports eSports..." while everyone else was like "dude... the series... yeah, no."

I will admit, if the idea of spectator mode (despite it being slightly buggy) came from him, it's one good thing he added. I enjoy popping into Spectator now and then and watching a few (more like a LOT) of matches when I don't feel like playing. I just wish the action and hitmarkers for the player you're spectating actually matched what they were doing now and then. Sometimes it "desyncs" and screws up.

What map is this? Hangar 21?

Yes, in the Titan area. You go to the far northern right of the map for the elevator. But you need three others with different dogtags from
Conquest Only, fuck you DICE
Final Stand maps that pop-up randomly, apparently. And the other Phantom Program assignments done (#ripduetoJetKills), then the password.

TheSeks

Doesn't help that from BF3 to BF4, they limited the possible server outlets even further than it was from BC2 to BF3.

That, too. But I honestly think that's an EA bottom line problem, than a DICE/DICE-LA problem. T1gge said something on twitter about bringing more
console
server providers in for more regions or something.

How about private servers? I still have no idea why the company is afraid of such a thing? Or even LAN games? I mean, LAN parties do still exist and there are massive ones that do go on at cons. Look at MAGFEST. 4 days, 24 hours a day and it has a BYOC LAN room.

Nor bots so you can get those bullshit assignments done. :(
BF1942 and BF2 did

Anyway, it's hilarious how he kept harping on "eSports eSports eSports..." while everyone else was like "dude... the series... yeah, no."

I will admit, if the idea of spectator mode (despite it being slightly buggy) came from him, it's one good thing he added. I enjoy popping into Spectator now and then and watching a few (more like a LOT) of matches when I don't feel like playing. I just wish the action and hitmarkers for the player you're spectating actually matched what they were doing now and then. Sometimes it "desyncs" and screws up.

Yes, in the Titan area. You go to the far northern right of the map for the elevator. But you need three others with different dogtags from
Conquest Only, fuck you DICE
Final Stand maps that pop-up randomly, apparently. And the other Phantom Program assignments done (#ripduetoJetKills), then the password.

I have all the medals in the game and all the MP assignments completed(except the new ones which I'm working on)...guess I just need to find these hidden dog tags on the maps(haven't come across them yet in Conquest), find 3 others who meet the requirements and then get a bow and arrow...?

TheSeks

How about private servers?

You can do that already. I ran into a passworded "private" server on Battlelog a few days ago. It was unranked, so I'm not sure if that's what you want but techinically you can lock servers and have been able to since BF3.

Or even LAN games? I mean, LAN parties do still exist and there are massive ones that do go on at cons.

If T1gge and DICE-LA are honestly looking at other eSport titles, they need to look at Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and see how Valve is fostering that with 1) in-game specatator stream/"GOTV" and 2) ability to save replays of the matches (OH HEY SOMETHING PEOPLE HAVE WANTED/Battlerecorder SINCE HALO 3 ON CONSOLES CAME OUT IN 2007 WITH "THEATER" MODE!) plus 3) Twitch streams for those that don't want to watch in-game.

(and IIRC the matches at ESL/etc. are played in LAN with a spectator mode/commentator streaming the match to Twitch/in-game)

I have all the medals in the game and all the MP assignments completed(except the new ones which I'm working on)...guess I just need to find these hidden dog tags on the maps(haven't come across them yet in Conquest), find 3 others who meet the requirements and then get a bow and arrow...?

You won't get the bow until you know the password. There's a physical wall that (that is shimmery because WHOOO SCI-FI) that prevents you from entering the room until the password is entered.

http://imgur.com/a/sX93D <---Here's the future-istic dogtag locations on Final Stand that have been confirmed. Good luck finding a small box in the middle of a normal match.

You can do that already. I ran into a passworded "private" server on Battlelog a few days ago. It was unranked, so I'm not sure if that's what you want but techinically you can lock servers and have been able to since BF3.

If T1gge and DICE-LA are honestly looking at other eSport titles, they need to look at Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and see how Valve is fostering that with 1) in-game specatator stream/"GOTV" and 2) ability to save replays of the matches (OH HEY SOMETHING PEOPLE HAVE WANTED/Battlerecorder SINCE HALO 3 ON CONSOLES CAME OUT IN 2007 WITH "THEATER" MODE!) plus 3) Twitch streams for those that don't want to watch in-game.

(and IIRC the matches at ESL/etc. are played in LAN with a spectator mode/commentator streaming the match to Twitch/in-game)

You won't get the bow until you know the password. There's a physical wall that (that is shimmery because WHOOO SCI-FI) that prevents you from entering the room until the password is entered.

http://imgur.com/a/sX93D <---Here's the future-istic dogtag locations on Final Stand that have been confirmed. Good luck finding a small box in the middle of a normal match.

Alright...thanks for the link. Looks like they show up just about everywhere. I'll keep an eye out for em(already played more than 10 hours of Conquest on FS maps)....probably walked over them 20 times already.

geezus really explains how complex online gaming is. complaining blindly about lazy devs and coding is so silly. the complexity and number of factors to take into account to make the game work and be fun for everyone is staggering.
It's really good how they've managed to actually reduce the bandwidth requirement for 30hz.

My question is though, where the numbers he recorded in bytes or bits? Internet speeds are measured in magnitudes of bits which are not the same as bytes (which is why with a 20MBs connection you can't download a 20Mb file in one second at peak performance, I think I got the acronyms right).

I have a 2.5MBs down .9MBs up connection. I'd like to know if I can handle 30hz fine or even theoretically 60hz.

I posted this in the Black Friday thread. I'm reposting it here just in case anyone has heard anything:

I already own the vanilla Battlefield 4, so I'm hoping there is some type of Battlefield 4 season pass Black Friday sale for the PS4.

Anyone heard of any deals?

Spl1nter

Myself, Norua, Scogoth and Kane each have a dogtag from the different maps. Just need Scogoth to get a few more road kills and we can go down the elevator.

TheSeks

Myself, Norua, Scogoth and Kane each have a dogtag from the different maps. Just need Scogoth to get a few more road kills and we can go down the elevator.

Those seem impossible to find, even with a map.

TheSeks

I think he meant finding the dogtags.

I still haven't had any luck finding the dogtags anyway. :/

They're Conquest only. Which is stupid, but add in that you need to KNIFE them (and they glitch out if you use the icicle) and they're tiny white boxes in maps with a bunch of white so even with a map they're impossible to see...

I may just join Kane next round in a no-kill server to try to hunt these but knowing my luck I'd get kicked "to make room" again.

If they didn't lock multiplayer weapons behind the campaign a grand total of zero people could care about that bug. I only played the campaign for the P90.

Valkrai

They're Conquest only. Which is stupid, but add in that you need to KNIFE them (and they glitch out if you use the icicle) and they're tiny white boxes in maps with a bunch of white so even with a map they're impossible to see...

I may just join Kane next round in a no-kill server to try to hunt these but knowing my luck I'd get kicked "to make room" again.

I know but its ridiculous to find. Haven't had any luck in finding those dog tags.

Top Bottom