• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You get the Rex pretty early too... not like the others where you have to play a bunch.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You get the Rex pretty early too... not like the others where you have to play a bunch.

Nah, the other two are just redoing the ending. Which is only an issue with the save corruption thing if you don't back up after finishing.

Evolved1

Nah, the other two are just redoing the ending. Which is only an issue with the save corruption thing if you don't back up after finishing.

Right... but you have to get to the ending. Was my point. lol

TheSeks

Right... but you have to get to the ending. Was my point. lol

Not if you save at the checkpoint before the ending (which is pretty obvious), back up the save. Do one ending. Should save to Battlelog. Redo with backed up save. Boom, both done from the checkpoint at the end.

(Of course, on PC I don't have the campaign corruption issue so I never really bothered to checkpoint scum it and just redid the level because it was fast and easy.)

Edit: Also finding these dogtags in an "empty"/no kill server is fucking impossible. Can go between each point and see nothing because apparently the small-ass boxes won't be visible to everyone.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Not if you save at the checkpoint before the ending (which is pretty obvious), back up the save. Do one ending. Should save to Battlelog. Redo with backed up save. Boom, both done from the checkpoint at the end.

I think the point was that you have to play through the whole campaign at least once.

TheSeks

Welp, found the Hanger dogtag. Leaves the other three maps I guess?

Edit: And found Giants of Krelia in the truckbed of E. THEY WILL SPAWN IN YOUR FACE so you can just camp the "known" points and wait if you're on a dogtag finding server.

So I log in to Battlelog to play the new maps, at this point I have 1 unopened battlepack.
I exit the game, and when I come back and log in to Battlelog:

ieiA9lUbxNdjJ.png

dafuq.

why can't I hold all these battlepacks.jpg

hold-all-these-limes.jpg

TheSeks

Service stars. You just started after the patch which brought that in a year after DICE intended it.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
So I log in to Battlelog to play the new maps, at this point I have 1 unopened battlepack.

ieiA9lUbxNdjJ.png

dafuq.

hold-all-these-limes.jpg
Playing the one round triggered the award of all the service star battle packs (remember that promise from months ago?) that you were owed.

This whole dogtag hunting thing is the most idiotic and asinine ARG I've ever experienced.

The other Phantom stuff was fine, the only thing that you'd really need to go out of your way to do was put in the password. The actual assignments could be gotten through normal gameplay. Now with these fucking dogtags you have to either dick around in normal rooms looking for one or find a Hunting server that may or may not be filled with fucktards killing people (I was in one today and some dickshit who already got a dogtag was killing people for the "lulz"). There is no guarantee that they'll spawn at all anyway. I went through 3 rounds of Whiteout, two of Hanger 21, and one of Giants without finding a single one and I've combed over every single spot marked on the maps.

If the bow isn't unlocked for everyone who has the other three Phantom assignments done when the first group actually manages to get into the Phantom room I will be even more pissed than I am right now.

TheSeks

Hmm... pods are pretty easy to kill with the jet. Too bad doing that in a normal match seems like it'd be impossible. :/

Pastry

Banned

ieiA9lUbxNdjJ.png

dafuq.

hold-all-these-limes.jpg

Service stars. You just started after the patch which brought that in a year after DICE intended it.

Playing the one round triggered the award of all the service star battle packs (remember that promise from months ago?) that you were owed.

lol this makes so much more sense, I just saw that I had toooooons of battlepacks and I was so damn confused. I'm unlocking so much shit!

I also like the battle pack style where you open each item individually!

Evolved1

What are the dogtags people are talking about?

Are they the gold ones?

TheSeks

What are the dogtags people are talking about?

Are they the gold ones?

No.

They're the ones you find in the map (GOOD FUCKING LUCK) of Final Stand that are NEEDED for the Bow room of Phantom Program.

No.

They're the ones you find in the map (GOOD FUCKING LUCK) of Final Stand that are NEEDED for the Bow room of Phantom Program.
And if that bow doesn't unlock for everyone who has done the other three phantom assignments when the first group of no-lifers makes it into the room then DICE can eat a dick.

Tubie

And if that bow doesn't unlock for everyone who has done the other three phantom assignments when the first group of no-lifers makes it into the room then DICE can eat a dick.

Seriously.

What I think people will find in that room is the actual code to unlock the assignment in battlelog.

TheSeks

They made the GOL assignment. One shudders to think what else they have in mind

Once people figured out you don't need to exactly be ON the tower (just IN it) for Caspian, that became somewhat easier.

But the Jet requirements for non-pilots? Fuck outta here, DICE. ;___;

Heroman

Banned
Once people figured out you don't need to exactly be ON the tower (just IN it) for Caspian, that became somewhat easier.

In my 100- hours of playing this game, i have never gotten a kill with a jet.

Tubie

There are so many ways to do this, even if you suck it's doable. I suck at almost everything in this game and if I got the 20 kills (and the 3 ribbons for the UCAV) then ANYONE can do it!

Bollocks

have they improved the framerate? don't know but it feels soo smooth. last time I played was in july.
been playing destiny mainly

TheSeks

There are so many ways to do this, even if you suck it's doable. I suck at almost everything in this game and if I got the 20 kills (and the 3 ribbons for the UCAV) then ANYONE can do it!

I'm thinking I'm going to have to dive bomb my KDR in Hanger 21 against pods. But I simply REFUSE to sit there and be some pro-pilot dick's toy while attempting to get these kills.

Like I said, you'll get it done the quickest with the attack jet taking down gunships. As well if you play Paracel or the Naval Strike maps you can fairly easily strafe attack boats and get multikills.

Tubie

I'm thinking I'm going to have to dive bomb my KDR in Hanger 21 against pods. But I simply REFUSE to sit there and be some pro-pilot dick's toy while attempting to get these kills.

Paracel Storm or any Naval Strike map with attack jets (laser guided missiles) or stealth jets if you have the laser guided unlocked for them.

Naval strike in particular has a lot of boats with passengers that will get you a kill, even if you don't destroy the boat with one pass. You can also look for attack boats in situations where they might've taken damage (trying to get a flag) and your laser guided missiles (60 damage) might kill it and give you 1-4 kills.

If you find yourself in a map with the opposing team having an ace pilot, just leave and try another server. It's annoying and will take time but if you set your mind to it, you'll get it done in a week at worst.

lol this makes so much more sense, I just saw that I had toooooons of battlepacks and I was so damn confused. I'm unlocking so much shit!

I also like the battle pack style where you open each item individually!

Came here to see why i have 17 gold battlepacks out of nowhere. Thanks GAF.

I've gotten some of the hidden dogtags
by knifing people who have them. I have four of them from Karelia it looks like. Think 3 of them had it...think I knifed one guy twice.

TheSeks

I've gotten some of the hidden dogtags
by knifing people who have them. I have four of them from Karelia it looks like. Think 3 of them had it...think I knifed one guy twice.

You don't own them that way. You have to be able to EQUIP them for the room which that method won't give you.

Paracel Storm or any Naval Strike map with attack jets (laser guided missiles) or stealth jets if you have the laser guided unlocked for them.

Naval strike in particular has a lot of boats with passengers that will get you a kill, even if you don't destroy the boat with one pass. You can also look for attack boats in situations where they might've taken damage (trying to get a flag) and your laser guided missiles (60 damage) might kill it and give you 1-4 kills.

If you find yourself in a map with the opposing team having an ace pilot, just leave and try another server. It's annoying and will take time but if you set your mind to it, you'll get it done in a week at worst.

>Implying I'm able to hit a boat in one pass without a jet or stinger locking onto me before I'm able to finish my run and kill someone.

kek.

You've got nothing to lose from trying.

Holy crap, I found the Hangar 21 dogtag. Pure luck.

I'm not going to actively hunt for them now, I'll just play the game normally.

fritolay

I have put ~500 hours into BF4. I love this game. However the latest Final Stand maps and environment just suck. IF BF5 is more of this I will not be happy.

Facism

spent 30 misn on hangar 21 last night with half my team begging for dogtags and meeting at elevators and moaning for grenade kills.

Absolutely bitchmade. I don't know how we won. oh wait i do we had 1 competent squad capping, which is more than you usually get on public.

Had a lovely little moment where i shot up 1 infantry with the jet, crashed it into another and then took out the remaining 2 guys capping E. Then i got shot by a recon from across the map lol

Evolved1

Had a lovely little moment where i shot up 1 infantry with the jet, crashed it into another and then took out the remaining 2 guys capping E. Then i got shot by a recon from across the map lol

Battlefield™

Kabuto

This ESL BF4 tournament is sooo boring; never heard of any of these players.

I don't get how BF4 barely gets 1000 viewers any other day, but every time there is an ESL thing 3000 people pop up to watch. wat

TheSeks

I have put ~500 hours into BF4. I love this game. However the latest Final Stand maps and environment just suck. IF BF5 is more of this I will not be happy.

On Rush, yes. But that's because DICE can't map design for Rush worth a damn when they're focusing on Conquest. :|

wHHVwis.gif

These are better than the last map pack. Only one I don't like (which ironically seems easy to get jet kills in if I can muster the courage to face pro-pilots I guess) is Hanger 21 and that's mostly because of the stupid hill climb if you don't use the pod launcher which is only in two areas. :| All the other maps are decent.

jet assignment was easier than perfect landing.

No way, man. The CUAV requiring 5 kills in a round for a ribbon x 3? Impossible. At least the only one I need is the stupid 18 more kills for the Phantom Initiate assignment (got the other ones done) so I can take the elevator down once someone gets the code. The PROBLEM is finding the courage to face pro-pilots AND not die in 10 seconds on spawning into the jet because of said pro pilots and LOL STINGERS LOL LOL LOL LOL fucking with me as I attempt to get said 18 kills. :|

At least Perfect Landing in theory is easy. Get on the tower. Get off the tower and in a tank. Pray you aren't fucked to death by rockets from engineers and blast said engineers and infantry in the face from miles away.

This ESL BF4 tournament is sooo boring; never heard of any of these players.

I don't get how BF4 barely gets 1000 viewers any other day, but every time there is an ESL thing 3000 people pop up to watch. wat

LOL. Facism was talking about this to me a few days ago when ESL was Live. Like I said, if DICE(-LA) TRULY wants to foster an "#YoE-Sports" community, they need to look long and hard at Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, what it's doing and then look at what Valve (as a company) is doing to foster that.

But anyway, IMO BF isn't ever going to be a "#YoE-Sport" series. And I, frankly, couldn't care. The fun of it is the sandbox and modes. I can't see distilling "Big Team Battle" (to quote Halo) down to 5v5 working for it. Same with Call of Duty which is more twitch-shooting in 2 seconds than actual "skill" in regards to rocketjumps/etc. like Quake.

TheSeks

oh fook they got the bow unlocked. the code is 1290 429 397648 970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uveB0klLxhc&feature=youtu.be

Will have to watch the video in a little bit, but how was the code found out?

Speaking of CS:GO: http://www.pcgamer.com/csgo-competi...-hacking-scandal-as-three-players-are-banned/

Hmmm... I don't think DICE would be as proactive.

Edit: Looking at the subreddit: Seems to be something to do with the morse code on the maps. Huh, right in front of everyones face.

If anyone wants to collect the Bow on the PS4 let me know. I only have the Hangar 21 dogtag, so I need 3 other people with the other tags.

PSN is SG-17.

Top Bottom