• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

meshwork

But the Jet requirements for non-pilots? Fuck outta here, DICE. ;___;

I just recently did this assignment by joining an Air Superiority server running jet maps and playing that for 2 maps. Took me an hour at most. It might have been my first time flying a jet as well. Your mileage may vary depending on how many Kanes are on the server at the same time, but at least you get to spawn in a new jet immediately and try again.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So the only way to get the bow is to do all this bullshit?

That's lame. I'll never do it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can you not do the phantom stuff or get the bow unless you paid for premium?

You can NOT get the bow or Phantom Assignment unless you ARE Premium. It's part of the requirements.

@Meep: I have bad luck running into said Kanes in Air Superiority to where I refuse to go on those servers. I only need 16 more kills. Goddamn it. :|

McHuj

I just recently did this assignment by joining an Air Superiority server running jet maps and playing that for 2 maps. Took me an hour at most. It might have been my first time flying a jet as well. Your mileage may vary depending on how many Kanes are on the server at the same time, but at least you get to spawn in a new jet immediately and try again.

The thing that pisses me off about Air Superiority (or Jets in general) is that you don't get the kill for shooting someone down. I shoot a guy, his jet loses power and he crashes, not a kill for me.

Every Air Superiority match I've played on PS4 has one or two pilots going something like 15-1 and everyone else 1-8.

TheSeks

I ask because I get it through my brother. I even looked at the rewards and stuff and play as premium once is checked off.

On consoles Premium is shared on other accounts of one account that has Premium and the DLC. So yes, if Battlelog says you own Premium while NOT owning Premium on your console ID, you should be fine to get the Phantom Assignments done anyway and get the bow because your ID is associated with a Premium DLC license on the console.

TheSeks

found a box but I shot it FML. you're supposed to knife it.

In addition to that (Whiteout Only) DO NOT USE THE BATTLEPICKUP KNIFE/Icicle. I repeat DO NOT USE THE ICICLE KNIFE for the dogtags. Otherwise it's the same as shooting it. Use ANY other normal knife and you'll be fine.

(I still need to find Whiteout and Hammerhead but...)

So the only way to get the bow is to do all this bullshit?

That's lame. I'll never do it.

I think Assignments ruin the game for the first couple of weeks of DLC. It increases the number of selfish assholes who aren't playing the objective. And this Assignment takes an entire squad out of the action. I guess you can more easily get it if you "cheat" on an empty server. Ridiculous.

I managed to find a group of people and I got the Bow and the Assignment unlocked.

I really hope we never see this kind of intrusive ARG again. It completely ruins the flow of normal gameplay even more than some of the more stupid assignments of the past.

TheSeks

After a bunch of bullshit.

Bow GET.

Plus the 4th assignment.

(Need: Left ARG tag/Phantom Program 1 assignment tag on right. Camo from PP2 equiped, Paintjob of PP3 equipped on gun/shield and shield out if using the shield as the paintjob, otherwise just the gun equipped)

3 checks:

First is ARG and paintjob I think?
Second is Camo.
Third is PP1 tag. I failed that one two times before knowing you needed PP1 equiped.

Bam. Code entered and gotten.

Akainu

So it looks like I can't get the phantom stuff with the premium I get with my brother so I try to check with ea and it's a 45 minute wait to talk with someone. Is this normal?

Using it a bit, the Bow is a very situational weapon. Its best used with the Recon class with Spec-Ops and TUGS/Motion Balls. Its a stealth weapon first and foremost. You won't win head-on fights unless you've caught someone reloading. I was playing Dom on Hangar 21 and got most of my kills by sniping from elevation with it. I wish there was an ACOG and 7x scope for it though.

The big downside for the weapon is that it causes massive headbob if you sprint with it out. Almost makes me nauseous.

So you actually have to do all that stuff yourself to unlock the bow
KCSeU4L.png

Not worth it.

Omni

I need to get 20 roadkills and like 150 machine gun kills

but I don't think I'll ever get 3 other people with me to unlock that bow. Oh well :3

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Final Stand is out right?
Just saw a 3GB patch on my PS4 download queue.

Gonna give it a try tonight

The Defensive Perk ruins the Bow. It's OHK with head shots only from close-medium range with that on. 93 damage to upper chest wherein without the Defensive perk it's a OHK to upper chest and head from close-medium range.

Spl1nter

The Defensive Perk ruins the Bow. It's OHK with head shots only from close-medium range with that on. 93 damage to upper chest wherein without the Defensive perk it's a OHK to upper chest and head from close-medium range.

Defensive perk ruins the game.

Tubie

DRUDGE SIREN.gif DRUDGE SIREN.gif DRUDGE SIREN.gif

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/2n938r/you_can_get_in_without_the_dogtags/

DRUDGE SIREN.gif DRUDGE SIREN.gif DRUDGE SIREN.gif

(Provided you have Phantom Program 1, 2 and 3 done)

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN!?

This works. The hard part is getting people to activate the elevator for you. I finally got into the room but the round ended before I could get the bow.

Edit: actually I got the bow, didn't get the assignment tho.

Completing the Bow assigned gives you the Eye dogtags which let's you activate the elevator with only one other person and without needing the Phantom camo equipped.

TheSeks

This works. The hard part is getting people to activate the elevator for you. I finally got into the room but the round ended before I could get the bow.

Edit: actually I got the bow, didn't get the assignment tho.

It's on the locker to the right of the bow when you first enter. You have to climb the small cabinet to reach it on the bigger one.

Tubie

Wait do you need other people for this?

You need to have the phantom paint, camo and dog tag but you don't need to get the new dog tags they added, just someone else to activate the elevator while you are controlling the bot (bot has to be outside the elevator).

Omni

You need to have the phantom paint, camo and dog tag but you don't need to get the new dog tags they added, just someone else to activate the elevator while you are controlling the bot (bot has to be outside the elevator).

Wait, so I'm a little confused. I've only seen Jack Frag's video about this Bow

So with this trick, does that mean you can do it with just two people instead of having four with all the phantom stuff equipped? Or is it only saving you from having to get those new dog tags?

Tubie

Wait, so I'm a little confused. I've only seen Jack Frag's video about this Bow

So with this trick, does that mean you can do it with just two people instead of having four with all the phantom stuff equipped? Or is it only saving you from having to get those new dog tags?

It only saves you from having to find the new dog tags.

Edit: finally was able to go back, now I have the assignment too.

Server name is "Phantom Unlocking Server" for those on PS4. This one seemed way better than most other "dog tag/bow" servers where it's just people trolling and killing each other near the elevator.

TheSeks

No, you still need four to bypass the ARG tag check at the first "lights out" in the elevator.

This glitch BYPASSES that ARG tag check FOR YOU but the four in the elevator (with you) while you're on the EOD bot needs to bypass that check.

So long as you stay in the EOD/MAV on the trip down until the doors open, you're fine and won't be killed because the glitch isn't apparently checking you as well as your "out of body" on the MAV.

The question is: will unlegit people (like you and a few others) be able to keep the assignment/bow once DICE patches this.

TheSeks

Getting headshots with the bow is fucking pulling teeth. Fires above the green line at times. :| Try to get close, get shot by 5 other people in the area. Damn it, just let me sniper hunt in peace. D:

I actually managed to get a double kill with the Bow completely by accident today. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use it, honestly I feel like it will only be really useful in Domination.

If anybody needs help to get the bow shoot me a PM, i have the 4 tags and would love to help getting down the elevator.

Bow only servers are awesome. LOL

Tubie

If anybody needs help to get the bow shoot me a PM, i have the 4 tags and would love to help getting down the elevator.

It always devolves into a large scale war in that elevator area, it's annoying if you need the bow but pretty fun if you don't.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why can't we limit weapons/gadgets on rented servers?

I would seriously rent a sever just to feel the feeling that would come from greying out high powered optics and most lock-on weapons. Oh to feel that feeling.

Why can't we limit weapons/gadgets on rented servers?

I would seriously rent a sever just to feel the feeling that would come from greying out high powered optics and most lock-on weapons. Oh to feel that feeling.
Because EA/DICE thinks console users are too stupid to use a remote manager for a server, despite the fact it was pretty much standard on the PlayStation 2. Most online games with servers used the exact same server software as the PC version. Example, Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2. I rented a SWBF2 PS2 server for a few years. I wish I could do the same with BF4, there is no way I'm paying for some limited virtual server crap.

Dr Prob

Banned
Alright. Going to jump on, play a little Final Stand, kill some dudes--oh:

yxzVVMQ.jpg

Played Vanilla instead. When Locker came up I ended up just sitting there watching groups of teammates all clustered together shooting the bow into the chokepoints. It's just a bow, wtf is the big deal?

TheSeks

looking for these things is a nightmare.

Do Giants (pref.) E and camp the train and truckbed. I lucked out and got mine in the truck bed. Hanger is a bitch and a half and I TOTALLY lucked out on it popping in on A's Forklift.

Otherwise yeah, welcome to the pain and why I haven't gone for the other two.

I should probably do those for the headshots. :/ Getting those in a normal match seems to be a pain. The bow will do 74% damage (with defensive perk on the person being hit?) to the body otherwise so I've gotten kinda decent at trying to hit them
and failing
and if I do quickly pulling out the MP-443 to
spam
shots at them until they die from ADS.

The process of getting the bow was a pain in the neck. Glad to have it out of the way and fuck searching for the other 3 tags(looked over Hangar 21 the most...shit just ain't there)...found mine on Hammerhead(yellow forklift next to B).

Tubie

They ruined their own maps with the dog tags and the bow. A shame because I really like Conquest on all 4 of them when people play normally. I guess I can still have fun trolling the elevator and the A flag area (on Hangar 21) while this shit dies down and people go back to normal play.

Top Bottom