• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

McHuj

Just 2 more kills with a jet. It will probably take me another hour or two.

Question on the tags,

How often do they respawn? And are there multiple spawns at once?

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
we had 10 people camping the locations of the tags on our clan server. Only one of us ever saw a dog tag in that hour. Those odds are just plain stupid. There are so many more interesting ways to handle this.

That said. I can't wait to run around and shoot everyone in the back of the head with my bow as the look under rocks and tires.

olimpia84

Finally managed to recover my password and post on gaf. Anyways, is it bad that I downloaded Final Stand but haven't played it yet? Every time I boot the game I go for the vanilla maps no matter what =/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
at least i can work on the knife assignment. peeps not paying attention to their environment on normal servers.

Are they really? Normal vanilla servers have people playing the objective HARD on PC. (and weird vortexing of knives from 50 feet away)

Tubie

Finally managed to recover my password and post on gaf. Anyways, is it bad that I downloaded Final Stand but haven't played it yet? Every time I boot the game I go for the vanilla maps no matter what =/

The maps were great the first week, but after the whole phantom thing was discovered maps have gone to shit. Half the team is out looking for dog tags on any given map.

TheSeks

oh i meant normal Final Stand servers... as opposed to the crapload of servers that are no-kill servers now.

Yeah, there's no kill servers on PC as well which is where I got my two tags from. I haven't bothered to check to see the oblivious people in Conquest since... you know... I'm not really wanting to jump into that mode and all. Dogtags aren't in any other mode AFAIK so I guess that explains why most everyone (besides a few clueless people that ask "ARE THE TAGS HERE!?") plays the objective/round.

Orcus

This game would be 10 times better with a decent balance mechanic that preserved squad-joined or party based squads. So many good players switch to the better team, or quit until they find a server with space on the winning team. This results in so many servers with stacked teams winning by 400-600 points. It's really sad because the games where it comes down to 100 points or less are so much more intense and fun. Getting stomped or destroying the other team results in frustrating or boring gameplay.

I miss the old days of tribes where people would often switch to the losing team to even things up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game would be 10 times better with a decent balance mechanic that preserved squad-joined or party based squads. So many good players switch to the better team, or quit until they find a server with space on the winning team. This results in so many servers with stacked teams winning by 400-600 points. It's really sad because the games where it comes down to 100 points or less are so much more intense and fun. Getting stomped or destroying the other team results in frustrating or boring gameplay.

I miss the old days of tribes where people would often switch to the losing team to even things up.

This modern emphasis on stat-tracking and plastering that shit all over the place has kinda ruined online gaming.

TheSeks

This modern emphasis on stat-tracking and plastering that shit all over the place has kinda ruined online gaming.

Pretty much. Again: TF2 kinda has it right in that it doesn't plaster all of that over your face.

burnfout

Holy fuck the new maps are terrible.

All maps are filled with useless fucking snipers. My speakers sound like they are going to blow up with those fucking annoying sniping sounds.

Who the fuck enjoys sniping so much do to it round after round after round making 3 kills in 40 minutes, fucking hell.

And why the fuck is the airburst nerfed into oblivion to counter these useless human beings.

I will probably never play these fucking maps again.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dice should make it possible to play games without snipers.

They are cunts.

I say this btw even with sniper being my best class... I play an aggressive style of course and PTFO but it's far and away my best class. I'll beat >95% of the snipers out there in a duel in my experience. My k/d when I get into one of those annoying matches where the other team decides to be a horde of sniper dicks is absurd. That said, fuck snipers. Take them out of the game, they ruin it. Just an army of gigantic soggy twats. Such bitches so scared to go close quarters an get their scrub exposed in 1v1. So instead they hang back nine fucking miles away from anything important and shoot at people looking at the stuff that actually is important. Twats.

It's because of these assholes we have to deal with stupid suppression mechanics, killcam, and all that bullshit.

I unlocked the auto spotter last night. Was marking dudes before I was finished scoping in. Highly recommended.

They are cunts.
Heh, was playing Lancang last night, some guy was sniping from as far back in our spawn as he could. When last I checked he was 12-0 with 13k+ points.

If I actually used DMRs or carbines I'd use it. I like to stick to each classes speciality.

L85A2 for Assault
P90 or SR-2 for Engineer
AWS or M249 for Support
M40A5 or SRR-61 for Recon.

I've also been using the Bow.

I stopped using carbines after I mastered the AK5C and I've never used DMRs.

McHuj

I managed to find a dogtag (Whiteout) last night on one of the "no kill" (Everyone was killing each other left and right) servers.

I only need this one to unlock the bow, right? (Provided the other three have the other ones)

Facism

Alright. Going to jump on, play a little Final Stand, kill some dudes--oh:

yxzVVMQ.jpg

Played Vanilla instead. When Locker came up I ended up just sitting there watching groups of teammates all clustered together shooting the bow into the chokepoints. It's just a bow, wtf is the big deal?

They ruined their own maps with the dog tags and the bow. A shame because I really like Conquest on all 4 of them when people play normally. I guess I can still have fun trolling the elevator and the A flag area (on Hangar 21) while this shit dies down and people go back to normal play.

i think they're probably trialling out how many people are addicted enough to jump through the fucking hoops to get content they've already paid for. as if giving them money in the first place wasn't enough, you have to fulfil these stupid, petty nonsense tasks.

it's honestly bullshit and something that probably going to get worse with their future releases.

I hope everyone's ready for a future where you're not entitled to the content you bought unless you want to waste time and EA bux on shortcuts.

TheSeks

Huh? You already had to jump through hoops since BF3. Phantom Program being Premium only is the bigger bullshit. Someone wants the Bow, if they didn't buy the previous three DLC packs
Yes, yes, why wouldn't you just buy Premium I know
they're still locked out.

In any case trying to get headshots with the sumbitch is annoying when squad spawn drops three people on your head as you're trying to line up a shot on an oblivious sniper.

I have to be honest, Premium is the only season pass I've ever bought. I'll probably buy it for Star Wars Battlefront as well. I know I shouldn't, but for some reason I do.

Tubie

rltwyi.PNG

That last part is annoying.

You can't really get more than one vehicle use per match, since the game doesn't let you drop another till the first one is destroyed.

They should've made it something better like get 100 kills with Cruise Missiles.

TheSeks

100 kills with Cruise Missiles is already in the game as a Gold Commander isn't it?

Oh no, kill 30 enemies with Cruise.

Well, technically you can redrop the ATV can't you?

The problem is getting people to use it. You can drop it in a safe place and say "it's behind A" to people that close by and NO ONE will use it. :/ At least if someone asks for a resupply and knows you're there you can get them to use the resupply point.

Getting 10 defib kills is slightly more annoying. As is the 50
49 for me. D:
headshots with the Phantom Bow.

Tubie

Well, technically you can redrop the ATV can't you?

Yes but the first one you drop has to be destroyed. I think it has a cooldown too since sometimes even when my vehicle has despawned/destroyed it doesnt let me drop another. You get the bar that tells you you can drop it but the vehicle icon itself is white not blue.

It's even worse on ps4 since you cant tell people in chat about the vehicle drop. I've been lucky so far with 10 uses in about 12 games.

And yea I'm not looking forward to the phantom assingment.

TheSeks

No, I mean if you have the squad points you can redrop it even if it isn't destroyed. AFAIK that's possible? Same with the resupply point.

Tubie

No, I mean if you have the squad points you can redrop it even if it isn't destroyed. AFAIK that's possible? Same with the resupply point.

You can't, even if you have the squad points for it. At least I could not on ps4.

Would be super easy if it let me fill the map with vehicles lol, or just at least redrop it somewhere else.

You can only use a vehicle drop once your squad points meter fills up, at which point you have to spend the whole thing in order to drop just a quad bike on the map (which means passing on giving squad promotions, rapid deploy, and supply drops). You can drop a vehicle several times per match, but it has a cooldown timer that doesn't show for whatever reason (I'm guessing 5 minutes after your previous vehicle drop is destroyed).

The commander's offensive options (or lack thereof) is pretty damn bad, the cruise missile takes about a century to land on where you want it to (it's especially bad in the FS maps). The gunship being easily taken down by jets is fine by me though, nobody likes being bombarded 24/7 from the sky.

They should've just kept the artillery strike as the commander's offensive option instead of implementing a vehicle for it in which everyone who uses it camps in their spawn (Zavod 311).

Premium is $30 on Origin... hmmm................... not sure still lol.

It's worth it, extra year of content and support this time around too apparently.

They made such a big deal out of the hover tanks yet they are barely in the game! It should replace all tanks in the FS maps.

They are in 2 out of the 4 FS maps. Hangar 21 is infantry focused so it makes since why it doesn't have them, and I suppose they could add them in Giants of Karelia but I think it's fine as is.

The main issue with the hover tank is that it controls pretty badly (on PC at least).

What do you mean an extra year of content?

Sorry for not clarifying. The Premium calender was recently updated to show months leading all the way up to December 2015. It doesn't show any specific content after this month at the moment, but I think it's safe to say that BF4 will get some extra content later down the line. I'm pretty sure CTE for BF4 will run for another year as well, so the game will keep getting support from DICE LA for a while.

If you play the game a lot, then Premium is definitely worth it, especially at 30 bucks.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Sorry for not clarifying. The Premium calender was recently updated to show months leading all the way up to December 2015. It doesn't show any specific content after this month at the moment, but I think it's safe to say that BF4 will get some extra content later down the line. I'm pretty sure CTE for BF4 will run for another year as well, so the game will keep getting support from DICE LA for a while.

If you play the game a lot, then Premium is definitely worth it, especially at 30 bucks.
My money says, and I hope I am right, that they will never stop CTE. They will, of course, stop updating BF4 at some point, but will continue to tweak things and experiment with things and then integrate them into Battlefront and BF5. Just a guess, but it would be a smart way to avoid the BF4 disaster from repeating itself.

My money says, and I hope I am right, that they will never stop CTE. They will, of course, stop updating BF4 at some point, but will continue to tweak things and experiment with things and then integrate them into Battlefront and BF5. Just a guess, but it would be a smart way to avoid the BF4 disaster from repeating itself.

Oh yeah, definitely. It's a win win scenario for the players and the devs.

Has the big animation and ping update come to the official game or is it still CTE only?

Do you mean the headglitching fixes?

They are in 2 out of the 4 FS maps. Hangar 21 is infantry focused so it makes since why it doesn't have them, and I suppose they could add them in Giants of Karelia but I think it's fine as is.

The main issue with the hover tank is that it controls pretty badly (on PC at least).

Thats fine, but there are still normal MBTs in those maps. I've barely gotten a minute in a hover tank since everyone clamors for one and they don't spawn for both teams when holding a flag.

daevv

How do you unlock the CTE, Dice LA, and Friends with Dice dogtags? I have only played the new DLC enough to play Large Conquest twice on each map but I noticed last night I have all 5 of these unlocked. Glitch maybe?

meppi

Holy fuck the new maps are terrible.

All maps are filled with useless fucking snipers. My speakers sound like they are going to blow up with those fucking annoying sniping sounds.

Who the fuck enjoys sniping so much do to it round after round after round making 3 kills in 40 minutes, fucking hell.

And why the fuck is the airburst nerfed into oblivion to counter these useless human beings.

I will probably never play these fucking maps again.

Absolutely agree with this. Played those maps for a night on Monday and will not be going back to them. They are beyond awful. So uninspired as well.
I honestly can't even say that these maps have any level design to them. Everything is so vanilla, it's kind of impressive in it's own right.

The one good thing that happened that night was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0bwJXpcTI&list=UUMPVc-xkir0Z2aPmo7BxNVg

So yeah, I was so goddamn sick of all the snipers laying on their belly in their spawns as well. ;P

Also, you're welcome! ;)

Facism

They are cunts.

I say this btw even with sniper being my best class... I play an aggressive style of course and PTFO but it's far and away my best class. I'll beat >95% of the snipers out there in a duel in my experience. My k/d when I get into one of those annoying matches where the other team decides to be a horde of sniper dicks is absurd. That said, fuck snipers. Take them out of the game, they ruin it. Just an army of gigantic soggy twats. Such bitches so scared to go close quarters an get their scrub exposed in 1v1. So instead they hang back nine fucking miles away from anything important and shoot at people looking at the stuff that actually is important. Twats.

It's because of these assholes we have to deal with stupid suppression mechanics, killcam, and all that bullshit.

Pressing F so hard.

TheSeks

How do you unlock the CTE, Dice LA, and Friends with Dice dogtags? I have only played the new DLC enough to play Large Conquest twice on each map but I noticed last night I have all 5 of these unlocked. Glitch maybe?

Be part of CTE and get them in a wave (probably never)
Be part of DICE-LA (so never)
Be nominated to get this and DICE thinks you're worthy. (So, never)

And yes, it's a glitch right now. They'll be removed from you and others eventually.

Absolutely agree with this. Played those maps for a night on Monday and will not be going back to them. They are beyond awful. So uninspired as well.
I honestly can't even say that these maps have any level design to them. Everything is so vanilla, it's kind of impressive in it's own right.

The one good thing that happened that night was this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0bwJXpcTI&list=UUMPVc-xkir0Z2aPmo7BxNVg

So yeah, I was so goddamn sick of all the snipers laying on their belly in their spawns as well. ;P

Also, you're welcome! ;)

I don't get it. How are the new maps uninspired? And the level design for the maps are a breath of fresh air, especially in terms of flag layout.

Only map that has the recon camping issue so far seems to be Hangar 21.

daevv

Be part of CTE and get them in a wave (probably never)
Be part of DICE-LA (so never)
Be nominated to get this and DICE thinks you're worthy. (So, never)

And yes, it's a glitch right now. They'll be removed from you and others eventually.

Thanks!

It's going to take me forever to finish the final Phantom assignment. Luckily I don't give a rat's ass about my stats because using the Bow is going to tank them hard.

As for the new maps I can say that I only really like Hangar 21. Whiteout is Sniper's Paradise, I've barely got 10 minutes on Hammerhead, and Giants is too unfocused and bad for vehicle play, at least with the BF4 vehicle physics.

I just want to use the fucking hover tank.

Top Bottom