• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

I hate lock-on launchers but damn if I don't hate the tracer dart. Way too difficult too use versus how easy it is to avoid or get rid of while flying a chopper.

wouldn't mind lock ons if they removed their ability to cause mobility hits on every hit.

Tracer dart was some baloney though, you were better off hip firing gustavs in BC2 because once you got good at it the circle strafe of death became a memory.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Quick match is still so fucked up on PS4. I keep joining the same fucking server over and over again.

And where are the dice servers.

Edit: and yay for crashing more frequently now too!

lordxar

Anyone else hardly use boost? I've got.

969 25%
384 50%
58 100%
25 200%

Why bother right? Once you unlock everything levels are pointless numbers. I pop one every so often just because but otherwise they just don't matter. Hell I was 100 within months of launch because of all the boosts and double XP they let out from the initial fuckups. Definitely wasn't the slog BF3 was to max level. That took me like a good year to eighteen months.

Bollocks

I pop one every time I play, actually I only bother with the 50%, save the 100% and 200% for double xp events
25% I haven no use for, since I'm decked out with 50% for life

newscontent_poll1results3-618x331.png

Community map will be jungle themed.

aTurh8Z.gif

Second poll is up: https://sv.surveymonkey.com/r/ComMapPoll2

Dr Prob

Banned
Good job, Jungle Bros. We've got it like that.

This time I'm voting waterfall, fishing village and
fishing rod
research facility. Unfortunately, like Gimlet, I also forget the other two things despite just doing it like one minute ago. Maybe bait shop.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Community map will be jungle themed.

Second poll is up: https://sv.surveymonkey.com/r/ComMapPoll2

*cackles*

Now you know how I feel when CTE doesn't regard my "minority mode" inputs. *laughs evilly*

I just hope I can dive under water and emerge under some buildings to shoot the floors. If I can't do that, I'm going to be slightly disappointed with voting for the jungle.

Also:

Steam said:
Kane: hope they dont put any jets in it though

:D ;)

Out of great curiosity, is BF4 still worth playing (and progressing in) these days? I'm reading the title of this OT and I'm thinking all the bugs haven't been worked out yet...

Donos

Not a fan of foliage because it's really hard to see enemies. That's probably why desert is also pretty high up there. But well, i don't care. Jungle Brothers !

I really like the huge wall in the new Caspian Borders. Towers are sniper heavens but it's satisfying taking a tower down with a tank or rockets. Don't like the basement thingy on the hill (Cap C) but well. Overall a well made remake. Could sink days into it but i try to play the official maps a while to get a feel for them and get a little change (from over250 hours of Team Fortress 2 , i played like 240 of them on one Orange map ...)

Like Goldmud Railway but somehow i totally suck at this map. It's like a curse.
Also feels like all the unlocks are going to take me an eternity on PS4 since i'm not raking in kills like i did with KB/M on BF3 PC.

Laguna Presa and Valparaiso Village were GOAT
For bad company 2 maybe. Both maps on rush while fun, were bad with choke points on some objectives. Raining death on Valparaiso with the black hawk was awesome though. I remember having some 60+ lol matches just being a chopper door gunner, good times.

RoKKeR

+1 for Jungle (Valparaiso fuck yes) and I voted for...

YASSSSSSS
Ancient Temple Ruins
Fishing Village
Waterfall
Farm
Mining Village
These exact five things, oddly enough.

So is this community map the only additional map on the horizon, or is there anything coming out of the remake stuff/polls they had up a while back?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Phase two, get it at night

More than likely going to happen (depending how long this takes) given they're doing the vanilla maps (and DLC?) in night/darkness. So... *shrug* Possible, depending on how long they continue to support BF4.

Last night I was trying to play Conquest (large, ps4) and it kept sticking me in servers that were running the right maps and gametypes but with only 5 to 12 players or so. Happened three times in a row, more players never came.

The games got kinda silly. Such small player numbers meant that in 3v2, the team with 3 would always dominate. I started doing dumb ass shit and flips in the helicopter while the other team cried. What was that about?

Tubie

Last night I was trying to play Conquest (large, ps4) and it kept sticking me in servers that were running the right maps and gametypes but with only 5 to 12 players or so. Happened three times in a row, more players never came.

The games got kinda silly. Such small player numbers meant that in 3v2, the team with 3 would always dominate. I started doing dumb ass shit and flips in the helicopter while the other team cried. What was that about?

http://bf4stats.com/

As of the time of this post:

PC-17k
PS3-22k
XB360-14k
XB1-24k
PS4-30k

People are still playing it's just the Quick Match option has been fucked since the patch. I haven't noticed because I play from the server browser/favorites 99% of the time.

Donos

Is this a known glitch that the SP campaign progress is vanishing? Wasn't really far (lvl 2 or 3) and it's not really a big loss but i don't want to start from the beginning (played on hard)...

RBK

Banned
Is this a known glitch that the SP campaign progress is vanishing? Wasn't really far (lvl 2 or 3) and it's not really a big loss but i don't want to start from the beginning (played on hard)...

Has been since launch.

Lose save progress 4 times, haven't bothered with it since.

lordxar

Well, nice -_-. Bummer. I like to play through CoD/BF/MoH campaigns one time.

It works...mostly. I played it on normal with zero issues. When I did a hard run for the plat it kept losing progress. What worked for me was to only play the campaign until it was beat, ie no MP. Maybe I just lucked out but did plat it eventually.

Top Bottom