• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Auctopus

Thinking of buying this soon as I'm in the mood for a shooter. Much prefer the look of BF4 over Hardline though. How active do you think BF4 will stay after Hardline's release?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
you don't have to be on top though, just not on the ground.

That's the problem though: Getting kills while "in" the tower is impossible. On the tower it's semi-possible.

Unless they changed it to where the entire underground of Caspian counts, you're going to be camping inside that small area for five kills and people may just blow past you/move around your area and you won't even know they're there. The whole idea behind that assignment was pretty stupid. It just allowed people to troll endlessly.

Mahonay

Banned
Insanely annoyed with how fucking shitty the game feels post patch (hit reg is worse than it's ever been, lots of sporadic lag, servers crashing out, etc.). Come-the-fuck-on. On top of that, (on PS4) official DICE servers pretty much don't exist anymore since the quickmatch seems to only put people in user rented servers. There are active official EA servers but they are entirely dedicated to being newbie servers capped at level 10 or whatever.

Why the fuck am I going to spend 60 bucks for Hardline when I'm still putting up with bullshit like this? No thanks.

DICE PLS.

Jet kills are so unsatisfying. No feedback from shooting and getting the kill.

Long live BF3!

Cool beans, add me for some Hotwire action: Fersis_4
The other game modes look legit cool too... but Hotwire is the bees knees.

Will do!

Insanely annoyed with how fucking shitty the game feels post patch (hit reg is worse than it's ever been, lots of sporadic lag, servers crashing out, etc.). Come-the-fuck-on. On top of that, (on PS4) official DICE servers pretty much don't exist anymore since the quickmatch seems to only put people in user rented servers. There are active official EA servers but they are entirely dedicated to being newbie servers capped at level 10 or whatever.

Why the fuck am I going to spend 60 bucks for Hardline when I'm still putting up with bullshit like this? No thanks.

DICE PLS.

Mahonay pls
Hardline is going to shit all over BF4

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This revive glitch is driving me fucking INSANE. Happens every two/three hours to me and all my friends.
I had it for the first time ever the other day on PC. I've seen other people saying they are stuck in it to just recently as well. Seems like whatever they fixed they broke again.

Bollocks

This revive glitch is driving me fucking INSANE. Happens every two/three hours to me and all my friends.

is this the one where the deathcam stays forever and all you can do is quit and rejoin?
happened to me last week for the first time (been playing since launch)
was in a squad with a friend.

burnfout

is this the one where the deathcam stays forever and all you can do is quit and rejoin?
happened to me last week for the first time (been playing since launch)
was in a squad with a friend.

Yes, it started happening since the latest patch. Having to quit a match to fix it is bonkers.

Mahonay

Banned
Mahonay pls
Hardline is going to shit all over BF4
ixqsVT9gScX65.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Never had it so far (PS4). Sounds shitty.
Just happened to me on PS4 just now. Probably about the third time it's happened total. It's rare but it's really infuriating when the revive glitch hits you and you have to quit the server mid game.

lordxar

There's a mixed bad of shitty issues like the revive thing, random server connection lost and bluescreens. If there's a squad of my friends on one of us will get at least one of those a day and sometimes two or more bluescreening or losing server at once. Some are more prone to fails though. One gets the revive thing periodically and one bluescreens more than the rest but its typical BF now and not the rubber bandy fucking mess it was. PS4 btw.

TheSeks

I dunno about that. Rubber banding has been replaced with spongy hit detection.

That's the problem though: Getting kills while "in" the tower is impossible. On the tower it's semi-possible.

Unless they changed it to where the entire underground of Caspian counts, you're going to be camping inside that small area for five kills and people may just blow past you/move around your area and you won't even know they're there. The whole idea behind that assignment was pretty stupid. It just allowed people to troll endlessly.

why would i do it on Caspian when Firestorm is 100x more manageable?

No life.

Says the person about to reach the amount of BC2/BF3 played per hours again.

Huh. But that tower's position isn't that good on the lower balconies is it? Roof cover and shorter sightlines than Caspians.

like 1/3 of my kills were people on the tower ... another 1/3 were people near C/B ... it's only 5 kills, i had more than enough and they don't even have to be sniper kills on the tower, can get the sniper ribbon at any point during the same round.

Donos

Playing aggressive recon with MK11 DMR (ACOG/canted iron) atm with spec ops, motion sensor and C4. That on Caspian Borders gave me some big rounds yesterday. Picking up snipers left and right. Some tanks in between.
Not a fan of the real sniper rifles though so i'm probably never going to unlock more of them.

Have no issues with BF4 and are quite happy. Would still prefer m/kb but well.
Only thing that is laughable is the battlelog (trackpad). Way shittier than the Battlelog on BF3 (PC).

TheSeks

like 1/3 of my kills were people on the tower ... another 1/3 were people near C/B ... it's only 5 kills, i had more than enough and they don't even have to be sniper kills on the tower, can get the sniper ribbon at any point during the same round.

True. I guess the goal is to get the five kills with an SRAW maybe and then struggle with the sniper ribbons as an aggressive recon (oy).
---

IN OTHER NEWS: Anyone that is asking to join the PC Platoon
lol like this is used though
. PLEASE POST IN HERE or PM me your Battlelog name so I can make sure who is who. I've got like... 6 people applying but I have no clue who any of you are.

If I don't get a response or anything by the end of Next Sunday, the 22nd, I'm going to reject these people.

burnfout

Man I have trouble adjusting after the patch hit, something feels really off. I've been playing like absolute shit the past days.

Or maybe I'm just tired :/

Man I have trouble adjusting after the patch hit, something feels really off. I've been playing like absolute shit the past days.

Or maybe I'm just tired :/
You just need to readjust your muscle memory. It took me about 5 games to get back into the game after not playing since November only having played CODAW.

Donos

Just let it go. No one should force themselves to go through something like that.
I know I tried. It just isn't worth it.

I started it (hard) and it was okay but my progress dissapeared. Don't think want to power through it in one sitting on the weekend or risk another delete.

Played all the CoD only for SP (PC) and only dipped into MP for one time on PS3 (MW2). BF was other way around although i played through all the SPs at least one time.

meppi

I started it (hard) and it was okay but my progress dissapeared. Don't think want to power through it in one sitting on the weekend or risk another delete.

Played all the CoD only for SP (PC) and only dipped into MP for one time on PS3 (MW2). BF was other way around although i played through all the SPs at least one time.
I had to restart the game 3 times myself due to losing my progress. The final time I just gave up even though I didn't lose my progress. I'm pretty close to the end and I just can't be bothered anymore as it just got worse and worse.

Really hope Hardline SP is at least fun to play through.

Only just started playing COD around Christmas and have finished AW, MW1, BLOBS 1 and I'm close to finishing BLOBS 2 as well.
Really enjoy all of those campaigns and would buy the next one just for SP at this point.
I enjoy the MP as well but can't get friends to play it for very long before they get tired of it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/2zm7vn/60_tick_servers_are_coming/

Didn't see that one coming
This game might actually live up to its potential, who knew. Granted it took longer than a year but still.

Naaaaaaah

Also, Hardline shitting on BF4. You see that, Mahonay?!

Edit:

Please stop spreading misinformation.

There is no mention of server simulation rate (tick rate). As has been stated many times, it will not be raised. It has always been 30 and will stay 30 for BF4 at least.
The only change is client to server send rate (server to client might happen if it works)
The '60' is just an example, it will go at whatever your frame rate is
It only applies to bullet data
If it doesn't work, it won't make it to retail anyway

Don't get me wrong, it's great news and will hopefully fix problems caused by being hit by other players with bad connections, but posting click bait titles and spreading misinformation is only going to add to the confusion.

Edit 2: CTE duders, how is the head glitch fix coming along?

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys I just started playing again for the first time in months and I need help remembering something.

When I went to play Recon for the first time last night (I NEVER play Recon normaly) I noticed that all my DMRs were already unlocked (I never really use those either).

Now I have a very vague memory of Dice/EA giving us all the DMRs (and maybe all the pistols too?) probably back when the game was complete shit... I just can't remember exactly.

Also none of my friends have them unlocked so I'm not too sure wtf is happening.

Hey guys I just started playing again for the first time in months and I need help remembering something.

When I went to play Recon for the first time last night (I NEVER play Recon normaly) I noticed that all my DMRs were already unlocked (I never really use those either).

Now I have a very vague memory of Dice/EA giving us all the DMRs (and maybe all the pistols too?) probably back when the game was complete shit... I just can't remember exactly.

Also none of my friends have them unlocked so I'm not too sure wtf is happening.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf4-player-appreciation-month/

I find myself getting way more 'snipe' kills with the SRAW lately above all else.

Same here. I've been running around rooftops on Shanghai taking out snipers and hapless dudes on foot with the SRAW. I might switch to shotgun/SRAW as an engineer, because all of the assault rifle options feel punchless.

TheSeks

Man, I forgot how much I love Naval Strike and it's maps
Outside of Rush, where they're all FUCKING TERRIBLE with water insertions
. Sabotage on those maps is hella fun.

Top Bottom