• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I swear to god, every single time there's a patch, I always get the stupid revive glitch constantly. 3 times tonight. This is pissing me off.

Edit:

Quick matchmaking has been fucked up as well. I keep rejoining the same server over and over again. What the hell.

Which platform are you on? I get full games regularly from that mode on PS4.

I'm on ps4. Have never got a game with those modes not matter which filter in on(newbie/official/ranked). Always empty.

Been enjoying conquest from the server browser though. I got to try out some more maps by filtering the search to maps I hadn't tried yet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also they need to give players the option to only play in official, non-rented, servers. I suspect the map rotation is broken because "server admins" aren't aware of how to change it. (Or can you not change the rotation once you decide on a map "experience"?)

The way it works is that once you pick a pre-set for "official" you can't change it or police the server so quick-match can throw people into the server. The problem is, a lot of rent-a-server people will just change ONE setting (tickets, generally) which throws them off the quick-match matchmaking filter.

Donos

It doesn't take very long at all to get to Rank 10 if you're a good player.

There definitely is a disadvantage for new players going up against experienced ones, one of the major reasons simply being knowledge of the game such as map layouts etc. I think it's a good move to let the new players have a couple of rounds to figure stuff out themselves.

Started playing last week and i'm now rank 30 (also used various 200%,100%,50% boosts) but i totally forgot from BF3 that you have jack shit in terms of weapons/gadget/vehicle features when you start fresh. It's nice to get new thinks constantly but esspecially the vehicle stuff (tanks) puts you at an real disadvantage as a starter. Enemy APC having TOW while i didn't, fucked me up several times. Want SOFLAM as recon? Well, only dozen hundred kills as recon, then you get it... (played a whole weekend tiny 40 ppl deathmatch maps with shotgun to unlock most of the recon stuff in BF3)

But i guess it brings more people to buying the unlock booster packs.

Oh and: fuck Lockout. Would even rather play Metro than this...

Started playing last week and i'm now rank 30 (also used various 200%,100%,50% boosts) but i totally forgot from BF3 that you have jack shit in terms of weapons/gadget/vehicle features when you start fresh. It's nice to get new thinks constantly but esspecially the vehicle stuff (tanks) puts you at an real disadvantage as a starter. Enemy APC having TOW while i didn't, fucked me up several times. Want SOFLAM as recon? Well, only dozen hundred kills as recon, then you get it... (played a whole weekend tiny 40 ppl deathmatch maps with shotgun to unlock most of the recon stuff in BF3)

But i guess it brings more people to buying the unlock booster packs.

Oh and: fuck Lockout. Would even rather play Metro than this...

The worst part is trying to unlock C4 as a Support. You have no ability to damage vehicles until the very last unlock for that class.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
The servers are not mixed when they are all one mode then all the next. It's not about swirling the flavors (whatever that would be,) it is about not eating only one flavor till its gone at a time. I don't particularly like obliteration, but I'd love to play a round to break up the time. The way it is now, even if I could find a server to play on, I won't, because I don't want to play obliteration 8 times in a row. That is not a mixed server imo.

But ya, Xbox1 new quickmatch modes will put you into an empty server. I assume this is because everyone has a different opinion than Dice about what a mixed server are suppose to be.

Donos

The worst part is trying to unlock C4 as a Support. You have no ability to damage vehicles until the very last unlock for that class.

Oh, thanks for crushing my hope early. I like to play support from time to time and supress the shit out of everyone with bipod (PKP Pecheneg rocked in BF3) and it's nice to have something at hand when playing Goldmud Railway with dozen tanls around me.

TheSeks

Oh, thanks for crushing my hope early. I like to play support from time to time and supress the shit out of everyone with bipod (PKP Pecheneg rocked in BF3) and it's nice to have something at hand when playing Goldmud Railway with dozen tanls around me.

It's not that bad. You can get it within a day or two. Honestly, I was more pissed about the ammobox being near last than C4, personally. You get the XM28 AIrburst by default, that's already a "troll weapon" enough for people without C4.

Being able to change various hud colors, reticule and crosshairs is awesome . All games need those types of options. Really liking this patch so far and the new playlist for conquest large had me playing 6 hours straight yesterday.

Spl1nter

Pitbull0978 » DrunkenStupor Just lost my Grams last year, my Dad 2 weeks ago.....glad I could be your "comedic relief". Appreciate it.

Alas, it was a friendship meant not to be.

17c6430a0a.jpg

d870a62149.jpg

3e176d9f58.jpg

Still lost.

Pitbull0978 » DrunkenStupor Just lost my Grams last year, my Dad 2 weeks ago.....glad I could be your "comedic relief". Appreciate it.

Alas, it was a friendship meant not to be.

Probably for the best. Kept talking nonstop and played very poorly to top it all off.

Kabuto

Anyone else feel something is off about the gun on gun fights?

yeah they changed movement speed with the latest patch. It's made firefights harder IMO, but I'm starting to get used to it.

On another note, they finally gave the ACE-23, ACE-52, and AKU-12 mastery dog tags so I have an excuse to use good guns again :')

Dr Prob

Banned
Feel like this whole update has actually been kind of a bummer.

The new rotations are a huge letdown, official servers have all of a sudden become exceedingly rare so you're stuck taking your chances with badmins, the gunplay actually seems worse somehow (we've all occasionally experienced bad connections where you'll like, die, then hear the shot or have your weapon do zero damage at close range while it seems enemies just one-shot you from across the map, but this is happening far too frequently now regardless of region), the thermal optics are busted on some maps and (at least in my experience on the PS4), the in-game battlelog has completely stopped functioning.

HZz96Dn.png

The heli changes are great, and I guess being able to fiddle with your reticle/hitmarkers is a nice addition BUT THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH. This is all very frustrating. May just get Hardline and drive around in circles.

Tubie

HZz96Dn.png

The heli changes are great, and I guess being able to fiddle with your reticle/hitmarkers is a nice addition BUT THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH. This is all very frustrating. May just get Hardline and drive around in circles.

Hotwire is legit good, so good choice there.

That's really unfortunate. I can't say I've had the issues you're describing, but I'm experiencing my fair share of issues with the game as well (game crashing more often, and the revive/killcam bug for example).

I do really hope they look into the mixed servers settings again and adjust them properly for you guys. They really blew it when it comes to this, especially considering how it's a simple request and was already available in BF3.

In unrelated news: The next two night maps are going to be Zavod 311 and Golmud Railway.

I'm a bit worried about how Hotwire will play out once everybody unlocks the insta-kill RPGs.

There's also mines, camping the vehicles in numerous ways, etc.

It was a fun mode, but it quickly showed how poorly it plays out once people were starting to get the hang of how to use gadgets and vehicles, at least in the BETA maps. The transport helicopter especially dominates in a map as open as Dust Bowl in Hotwire, but perhaps that'll change as more people use the stingers.

Felt like experiencing BF3 CTF all over again.

EA's gonna have to pay me to play Hardline this year.

waiting on Premium Edition

It was a fun mode, but it quickly showed how poorly it plays out once people were starting to get the hang of how to use gadgets and vehicles, at least in the BETA maps. The transport helicopter especially dominates in a map as open as Dust Bowl in Hotwire, but perhaps that'll change as more people use the stingers.

BF3 CTF was trolltacular fun!

TheSeks

Hotwire is dogshit. It's only good for boosting to max rank quickly. Wait until 2XP, have a "gentlemens agreement" to drive around on an 8 player server with cars full. ????? 10K-50K+ score + 200% = MAX RANK PROFIT!

Dr Prob

Banned
Tubie said:
Hotwire is legit good...

Agree with you both. Hotwire did start to fall apart towards the end of the beta and began to play more like an elaborate trolling ground than a legitimate mode, but that was part of the fun.

Just driving around with a rocket launcher in your lap, listening to KRS and setting up a fuel tanker roadblock because, wait why are we doing this again? Fuck it!

Ghazi

What console is the most active for this game? I've been playing alone lately, and I hooked up with some dudes here for BF3 on the 360 and I'd like to do it again. I'm on the bone, for now, if anyone wants to play. GT: Ghazzarro

Overdoziz

Banned

I unlocked the stinger toward the end of the beta which made the helicopter a non-issue on that desert map. Only takes two shots to take it down I think.

Keasar

Starting to miss playing as a group in this game, all my friends abandoned it a long time ago after several tries of making it a group experience. The only times we have actually managed to work together as a effective squad is sitting in a scout helicopter, two engineers on the sides, me as a pilot with support kit that gives them ammo and then just fly around being dicks in a flying battle fortress of invincible death.

Other than that, its just a complete clusterfuck trying to be a squad on the ground with random explosions, bullets, explosions, explosions and tanks coming out of everywhere instantly killing everyone. Now I'm the only one still playing, alone. :(

Wish they could introduce a casual mode or something where the health of everyone is increased so that you can actually move around as a squad or be able to react to things. I think BFBC2 had a really good balance for it.

TheSeks

People complaining about Squad spawn...

#icant even...

lordxar

Hainan rush needs to die in fire. Why can't they just remove the carrier spawn point and just move back a set. Maybe add a set after the building.

olimpia84

Don't think I'm ignoring if you guys invite me to a party. This new internet connection I have drops like crazy and if I join a party I lose connection =/
I keep testing the connection through the PS4 and I'm getting some kind of issue of ip packet fragmentation or something like that.

TheSeks

Hainan rush needs to die in fire. Why can't they just remove the carrier spawn point and just move back a set. Maybe add a set after the building.

Because DICE doesn't get it. There's more than that map that has water insertions. EVERY FUCKING MAP PACK they've introduced 1-4 water insertions. Final Stand's Sub-pen base map has a "water insertion" on the side while the rest of the map is open. :/ But yeah... DICE should've known to to do that but they did it with Oman, and others. :/

Top Bottom