• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
imo they broke spotting. I know they wanted to reduce spamming it, but now it takes so much effort to spot someone that people will stop bothering with it.

also

Trying to mark the objective while in a vehicle is straight up impossible now.

I think I was seeing bad lag that first night. The spotting actually works better now.

I do wish they would stop tinkering with the guns.

Boy, the AN94 sucks. Average at best. The burst has an artificial limiter so if you are on consoles it'll feel like its jamming if you pull the trigger too fast.

DICE logic: "The UCAV is overpowered at the beginning of round based games. Let's add a 60 second cooldown to all game types for the duration of matches!"

Brilliant!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That patch though:

ehBqsX9.jpg

Red dot shouldn't be in Spectator since it should mimic the player-view in-game. But nice to know that the "center" of the screen is where bullets will generally hit outside of sharp turns.

Player in a free falling animation and running backwards from their camera/disappearing primary/secondary weapons in spectator. BUUUUUUUUUUUUT:

Nj7AVFe.jpg

Primary:
LoWHBTJ.jpg

Secondary:
LmKiWYY.jpg

Oh DICE... What won't you break?

(For the record, that last set REMOVES all your kit item stuff besides the secondary, anything that does NOT have a icon in the loadout screen despite seeing it's name and saying it's "equipped" = bye-bye.)

#ThanksSpringPatch?

TheSeks

Okay, seems I can't even play more than one round. Next round triggers the bug after about 5-10 mins, then the third round/map change will hang in a perpetual load.

Either DICE fucked up badly, or something is going on.

TheSeks

Then remove it. As a balancing method it's a complete failure.

Can't really do that when people use it/DICE-DICE(.se) doesn't want DICE-LA to remove it/dictates.

But you're right: It shouldn't have been in the game in the first place. It's a high-reward/low-risk weapon. At least now with it's "nerf" it's to the point of deterring most abusers. You should've seen it when China Rising launched. THAT was fucking annoying.

Shotguns are hilariously fun to use now. The 870 was getting me all kinds of kills, even at longer distances than I thought I could reach out to. Buckin people has never been so fun in bf4.

The AN-94 is really good. Differentiates it self very well from the other guns in the game. A headshot machine.
It's only really good at long rangers where it can snipe.

Medium to close and it sucks because of the 120ms burst delay and the engine glitch with burst fire weapons not registering button presses correctly.

wrongway

Is the game super crashy for anyone else this patch? I've never had CTDs before, not even at launch. Now I'm struggling to get through a whole round. Tried the new Nvidia drivers released today and it changed the crashes from generic "bf4.exe has stopped working" to weird .dll crashes. o_O

There are sooooooo many incompetent players nowadays. Good thing I only signed up to plus for a month. Will probably return when new maps hit and maybe by then the suck squad will be gone or have improved.

When do new maps come?

Omni

Played with the new weapons. How is the AN-94 not broken? Ridiculously powerful. Game would have been better off without it.

TheSeks

Played with the new weapons. How is the AN-94 not broken? Ridiculously powerful. Game would have been better off without it.

Ahahahaha. No it wouldn't. It's the Bad Company 2 AN-94 nearly. Which is good. BF3's was TRASHHHHHHHHH.

What's the population of BF4 compared to Hardline?

I'd suspect more people are still playing BF4.

9AM EST:

17qTOuF.png

rHrSeC8.png

Battleflop: ModofBF4line doing poorly? You don't say.

May it rest in peace in peace with Titanflop.

Spl1nter

It's only really good at long rangers where it can snipe.

Medium to close and it sucks because of the 120ms burst delay and the engine glitch with burst fire weapons not registering button presses correctly.

I have found it to be fine at all ranges. Just double tap out headshots.

Xux

Damn, I cannot get this two Kill Assist Ribbon thing for the F2000. People just have to fucking die when I shoot them. Not even spamming explosives on Metro is working.

wrongway

Ok, so apparently the two latest Nvidia drivers either don't agree with this patch, or with BF4 in general. Went back to the older 347.88 and no more crashes.

Yay for playing musical drivers. whatyearisit.jpg

Anyway, I love having the AN-94 back. Makes for a nice change from just using my SCAR all the time for assault. The improved range on the SMGs seems nice too, actually had fun using the MX4.

TheSeks

Damn, I cannot get this two Kill Assist Ribbon thing for the F2000. People just have to fucking die when I shoot them. Not even spamming explosives on Metro is working.

LVG, throw it down a hallway. You should get some assists, but you want to do this in 2000 ticket Metro.

JJD

Ahahahaha. No it wouldn't. It's the Bad Company 2 AN-94 nearly. Which is good. BF3's was TRASHHHHHHHHH.

9AM EST:

17qTOuF.png

rHrSeC8.png

Battleflop: ModofBF4line doing poorly? You don't say.

May it rest in peace in peace with Titanflop.

Wow at the amount of people still playing BF4 on the PS3!

The AN94 was the best gun on BF3 if you could master it. That 1200 RPM.

Omni

Nope, this latest patch made the game worse for me. Kill times feel too fast. Two or three bursts with the AN-94 in any direction at any distance and people are dying. And all the other weapons feel weird. My MTAR is just... ugh. Feels like they've chopped the range off.

Really not enjoying it.

I have to say, this is still my favorite game for this gen so far. Especially now with all the constant fixes. Really excited for battlefront now.

airjoca

I used to run multiple guns (like ACE23, M416, Bulldog, AK5C, L85A2) with Angled Grip, Laser, Flash Hider.

I usually like tap firing at medium range.

For those that used something similar before, what are you using now?

I prefer the L85A2 and M416 for assault rifles with HB and angled grip.

I rarely use PDWs. When I do its either the P90, SR-2, or MPX. For carbines I typically used the AK-5C, ACE21, or now the G36C all with HB and stubby grip.

LMGs are either the AWS, M240B, or now the L86A2 with HB and stubby grip.

Snipers are the M40A2 or GOL with ACOG, straight pull, and suppressor.

Never used DMRs and rarely used shotguns.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
every gun I preferred has been buffed. I guess going through and getting service stars for crappy guns is at least easier now that every gun has been buffed down to a dull point.

Xux

LVG, throw it down a hallway. You should get some assists, but you want to do this in 2000 ticket Metro.
Woof, gonna take a couple sessions to unlock that. I noticed that thing killing me a bunch, too.

Guess I'll focus on that since I unlocked the RPK-12. Can't find any Oman/Second Assault servers for the M60. :/

TheSeks

Woof, gonna take a couple sessions to unlock that. I noticed that thing killing me a bunch, too.

Guess I'll focus on that since I unlocked the RPK-12. Can't find any Oman/Second Assault servers for the M60. :/

It'll kill people, but provided how bunched up people are it'll damage a few that'll make it an assist counts as kill.

I'm kind of bummed there has never been an Oman only server on PS4, let alone a 400% one like on BF3. That's my favourite map ever and it was all I played. Now it's just a passing phase on a Second Assault server. I always felt like that map is too big with only 800 tickets. By the time I really get something going the game is over already. Is it because people don't dig the sand storm?

Donos

Don't feel that spotting is much worse post patch like some posted here ("broken"). It's a bit harder but just spam the button longer :) (PS4)

Were the bullets from the SKS that visible before? Don't think so.

TheSeks

I'm kind of bummed there has never been an Oman only server on PS4, let alone a 400% one like on BF3. That's my favourite map ever and it was all I played. Now it's just a passing phase on a Second Assault server. I always felt like that map is too big with only 800 tickets. By the time I really get something going the game is over already. Is it because people don't dig the sand storm?

Probably because a lot of people don't like the Sandstorm. I'm ambivalent on it, I don't mind that change. But I hate how DICE ruined the Rush variant of the map and so I haven't ever played on Oman outside of maybe... 5 times in BF4. Which is sad as Oman was the BEST THE BEST THE BEST map in BF3
Sharqi a close second.

Don't feel that spotting is much worse post patch like some posted here ("broken"). It's a bit harder but just spam the button longer :) (PS4)

It's broken because the detection of clearly obvious people that are 5 feet in front of you won't be spotted like the old system. It should be a wide cone within a visible radius (though I guess this would be broken on higher PC FoV) of the default FoV and then more "ADS" cone like the suppression system change for mid-long range.

Were the bullets from the SKS that visible before? Don't think so.

No. It's you seeing the new tracers. They're VERY visible now.

Donos

It's broken because the detection of clearly obvious people that are 5 feet in front of you won't be spotted like the old system. It should be a wide cone within a visible radius (though I guess this would be broken on higher PC FoV) of the default FoV and then more "ADS" cone like the suppression system change for mid-long range.

Okay, have to observe this. I don't notice stuff like this :)

No. It's you seeing the new tracers. They're VERY visible now.

Tbh, it looks shitty that way. Since they also seem rather big it's not a real help so far (with 3.4 and 4.0).

Never see anyone talking about carrier assault so i assume the mode is not really good?
---
This vwnut13 video inspired me to try SRAW but i don't manage to hit a heli. Can't really estimate the distance. In the video it looks like he can see through the black border when he pans around right before the hit. TEACH ME sensei !

On another note: don't know what is more satisfying, hitting a Jet with a Tank longrange, predicting it's flight or hitting/killing a heli with 3+ people in it with a shell.

TheSeks

That SRAW shot is before the patch/nerf. You're not going to hit someone like that now.

TheSeks

Okay, have to observe this. I don't notice stuff like this :)

It's easily noticable in Sabotage. All you need to do is go to the enemy paradrop and attempt to smash Q (or whatever on consoles) while not aiming down sight and looking up and seeing soldier's spawning in the air. Before the nerf, you'd at least tag 2-3 of them. Now you can't unless you ADS. It's kinda bullshit.

Xux

Probably because a lot of people don't like the Sandstorm. I'm ambivalent on it, I don't mind that change. But I hate how DICE ruined the Rush variant of the map and so I haven't ever played on Oman outside of maybe... 5 times in BF4. Which is sad as Oman was the BEST THE BEST THE BEST map in BF3
Sharqi a close second.
[....]
I think it's more the aircraft carrier and the US team emptying when it comes up.

The sandstorm's fine but I'm guessing the people that waste a jet to get on the crane don't like it.

Top Bottom