• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh. Infamous server I generally play on has been dead for two days straight. Wonder what half the server playerbase is doing. Exams? Graduation? IDK but it's funky.

JJD

I've been playing the Siege of Shanghai 25/7 room a lot. I just hate when the tower comes down. I wish levelution was a server setting.

If my team can't control C I always make sure to bring the tower down. Parachuting around
the other flags is too much of an advantage. And frankly I hate roof campers! Lol!

TheSeks

So, serer regulars went to a new server. Join that one and the first thing I see is 300+ pings in the room from out of region.

:x This is why we can't have nice things.

wrongway

Hardline out of the NPD top 10 in May. ouch, no legs!

I'm surprised just how fast Hardline evaporated, especially on PC. I wasn't blown away by the beta but thought it was ok and that I might get it some time down the road for cheap. I thought it'd do well enough. Surely better than COD does on PC. But, damn:

P8xZ2U5.jpg

I'm glad the Hardline beta prompted me to pick up premium for BF4 for pocket change. D:

TheSeks

Hardline out of the NPD top 10 in May. ouch, no legs!

NPD for May is out?

In any case, that doesn't mean anything huge. Hasn't NPD been shrinking? Digital could be good, but I'm still on the "LOL TITANFLOP LOL" trip to where I think Battleflop: Hardflop is it's new name.

Lulu23

I want Visceral to make BF5 or BC3. I dislike only two things about Hardline: the setting and the wurde than BF4 graphics. The controls and gunplay for example feel so much better in Hardline. DICE shouldn't make BF5 feel as sluggish as BF4 again.

Edit: I want to revise above statement a little bit:

The things I feel like Visceral did better in Hardline than DICE did in BF4 are as follows. The gun handling / aiming / gameplay / whatever you might call it feels a lot better in Hardline than it does in BF4. It feels more accuraty and much smoother. BF4 doesn't make me feel like I am in control 100% of the time, it feels sort of sluggish and heavy (A bit like Killzone 2 vs 3). This may of course just be a personal thing, but I feel like in BF4 there's a lot being done to handicap more experienced players to make it more accessible to newer players (more prominent suppression effects and "sluggy" aiming make experienced players less consistent because they can't be easily calculated).

Visceral succesfully implemented new game modes that focus heavily on objectives, which DICE hasn't been abled to do since Rush in Bad Company (2). Every new game mode was just a little side dish to a DLC along CQ Large.

They did these things so well imo, that I want that in BF5.

TheSeks

The only annoying thing is the constant UAV spam. Anything else is just a predictable fly that is safely avoided. The UAV as it is shouldn't be so large if they're going to allow you to be able to put another one up 2 seconds after the last one ends.

Even the EMP doesn't have that ability to just be spammed mindlessly.

JJD

I want Visceral to make BF5 or BC3. I dislike only two things about Hardline: the setting and the wurde than BF4 graphics. The controls and gunplay for example feel so much better in Hardline. DICE shouldn't make BF5 feel as sluggish as BF4 again.

Sorry but I just can't agree. BF4 feels superior to me in every single way.

I love Visceral but I think they screwed up several things in hardline. From map design to gameplay decisions.

And I still don't understand how they didn't try a new monetization style for the game that didn't rely on fracturing the user base by selling maps. It was the perfect opportunity to try something new with premium. I bet the game would retain more players if the maps were free. No one is going to pay for then considering that even on BF4 you still have trouble to find servers running some of the DLC maps.

How can the gunplay be good in Hardline when they fucked up weapon balance so bad? And frankly I don't like the lower TTK. The skill gap between players on Hardline is considerably lower than BF4 since it's so easy to kill people even from medium to long range. Just sneeze at their direction.

More than ever it feels to me that they were aiming hard for the COD crowd, and frankly that makes me kinda happy that the game tanked. If it was a huge success we might see it heavily influencing BF5 and I just don't want that.

I played the game for around 30 hours, but now every time I get the FPS itch I can't justify going for Hardline over BF4 anymore.

Sorry but I just can't agree. BF4 feels superior to me in every single way.

I love Visceral but I think they screwed up several things in hardline. From map design to gameplay decisions.

And I still don't understand how they didn't try a new monetization style for the game that didn't rely on fracturing the user base by selling maps. It was the perfect opportunity to try something new with premium. I bet the game would retain more players if the maps were free. No one is going to pay for then considering that even on BF4 you still have trouble to find servers running some of the DLC maps.

How can the gunplay be good in Hardline when they fucked up weapon balance so bad? And frankly I don't like the lower TTK. The skill gap between players on Hardline is considerably lower than BF4 since it's so easy to kill people even from medium to long range. Just sneeze at their direction.

More than ever it feels to me that they were aiming hard for the COD crowd, and frankly that makes me kinda happy that the game tanked. If it was a huge success we might see it heavily influencing BF5 and I just don't want that.

I played the game for around 30 hours, but now every time I get the FPS itch I can't justify going for Hardline over BF4 anymore.

I agree, ive been playing it in the vault and BF4 feels superior to me too. i wouldn't want another Viceral BF game if its anything like that. Those graphics are embarrassing.

Orcus

Since they fixed head glitching I might work on leaning around corners more as a form of cover. It used to be so inferior to head glitching that I never really used it because the mechanics seemed so janky, but I might give it another whirl. Anytime I do it now it's on accident. Does anyone regularly use it on console?

That crown still belongs to BC2. It succeeded and influenced future BF games too.

tears.gif

Orcus

Or you can just duck at the head glitch cover and then fire over it it like the lean IIRC. Some of the former ones work that way.
Yeah, I use that sometimes. I also find that mechanic unreliable as well, although not to the extent of leaning. Sometimes you have to be the p perfect distant away from the object to get it to work consistently.

TheSeks

I had luck with that a few times, but ya the rockets would hit random objects. I found aiming directly up while It reloads gets me the kill 100% of the time. Something I would have probably known if I watched you tube videos.

Oh, right. I missed this: It depends on the map. Starburst on Shanghai and Golmund pretty much dominates depending on where you're firing from. But on Dawnbreaker it isn't really worth it except against the AA or Tank because the buildings get in the way. If you're in an open/not very many building areas you can pretty much let them pop-flares. Break your lock, track them without ADS and then ADS relock to suddenly have the missile switch from it's last direction to follow.

Also Kane, I need you to check a server and see if it's just me on the quality.

TheSeks

That Battlefront UI though...

UGH-ly. DICE plz, just hire whoever you had do Battlefield 3's do Battlefield 3's again. Muuuuch better use of your time. Or hire their graphic artists. Geez.

JJD

UGH-ly. DICE plz, just hire whoever you had do Battlefield 3's do Battlefield 3's again. Muuuuch better use of your time. Or hire their graphic artists. Geez.

It's not just the UI, gameplay felt stale...

Seems like I'm going to keep playing BF4 for a long time.

Kabuto

Hardline DLC got delayed on PC because they messed up the patch it came with.

Only ~100 viewers on Twitch right now.

qQd3eKX.png

Battlefront looks beautiful though

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
That Hoth battle they showed made a nice trailer, but I saw very little in the way of interesting game play. Especially when I think about BF4 and all the "only in Battlefield" moments we've come to love and expect. Sadly, even controlling the ATAT's looked boring.

But, but, but... OMG it's DARTH VADER!

meh.

TheSeks

It's not just the UI, gameplay felt stale...

Seems like I'm going to keep playing BF4 for a long time.

That Hoth battle they showed made a nice trailer, but I saw very little in the way of interesting game play. Especially when I think about BF4 and all the "only in Battlefield" moments we've come to love and expect. Sadly, even controlling the ATAT's looked boring.

But, but, but... OMG it's DARTH VADER!

I wouldn't say the gameplay is bad. But after the series has been dormant nearly ~10 years, it just isn't a ground-breaking leap that I was expecting. But you say that to some people and they go "OMG PRE-ALPHA! OMG WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT GROUND BREAKING GAMEPLAY! BATTLEFRONT 3! BATTLEFRONT 3! BATTLEFRONT 3!"

(Also apparently this is the "Rush" mode for Battlefront 3, which isn't really convayed at all in the start of the video. So if this is supposed to be Rush, DICE failed at convaying that to me, a Rush fan with visuals outside of some elements/M-COM, crates being shown)

I'm waiting for it to hit a $10 dollar price point.

I wouldn't bother:

Nuw3S6b.png

Have you seen Battlefield: Hardflop?

Granted, it's gained 1,000 players for PC since I last checked it. Either E3 sale madness or some of the previous owners coming back for the DLC

By the time it hits $10, it'll probably be as dead as Titanflop.

TheSeks

That Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, though... woof.

I remember you some of you wanting softcore to be "two bullets to kill." Well, here's a near modern-warfare title that is going to do that. You will not survive.
For more than ten seconds
Good luck!

(I still need to go through the bot campaign of Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2)

TheSeks

2XP, this weekend.

(X-box 720p only)

X-box: SURPRISE BITCH! I BET YOU THOUGHT YOU'D SEEN THE LAST OF ME!

*sigh* If only if was all platforms, at least I'd hit the cap

Xux

Wish I could get some double XP going on the PS4 so I can finally unlock the 1911 and be disappointed with it.

Also, this M60 slog continues as I can't seem to get more than two vehicle destroys in a game on Oman.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Microsoft treats their fans like royalty. I guess I'm buying an Xbox One All-in-One Games and Entertainment System this weekend.

So uhhh I'm desperate for a MP shooter again, and I sold this game a month or two after launch because I was disappointed with the low TTK and lame maps.

...Would you guys say the game is a lot better now? I loved BF3 and Bad Company 2, but grew very tired of BF4

Wish I could get some double XP going on the PS4 so I can finally unlock the 1911 and be disappointed with it.

Also, this M60 slog continues as I can't seem to get more than two vehicle destroys in a game on Oman.

camp the entrance to the enemy base with mines + rpg or just jihad jeep your way to it

So uhhh I'm desperate for a MP shooter again, and I sold this game a month or two after launch because I was disappointed with the low TTK and lame maps.

...Would you guys say the game is a lot better now? I loved BF3 and Bad Company 2, but grew very tired of BF4
it is, but the maps and ttk haven't changed much.

TheSeks

If you're disappointed with TTK you're going to be disappointed again. Don't bother unless you REALLY want a Battlefield.

BF3 is still gud

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Looks horrible for me the UI.I don't know what they think when they put that interface.

Top Bottom