• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Kabuto

woah, what? I've never messed with that.

Also, anyone have a link to the drunk platoon page? I qualify

Open Mouse Properties by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type mouse, and then click Mouse.

Click the Pointer Options tab

under Motion, uncheck the Enhance pointer precision check box.

PC-GAF should try it out

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gold battlepacks for me.
Oh yeah, gold Basedpacks... i friggin love 'em.

You know whats funny? Silver Battlepacks. they dont make any sense. You get like 2 in the whole game progression. :s

Omni

Which is the best DMR?

I figure if other people are gonna spam the shit out of them in CQ, then I should too! I've been using the RFB and have found it to be pretty damn effective. But I don't think it's the best one there, is it?

Which is the best DMR?

I figure if other people are gonna spam the shit out of them in CQ, then I should too! I've been using the RFB and have found it to be pretty damn effective. But I don't think it's the best one there, is it?
I'm find of the scar just because it has excellent accuracy. If you're into shorter range rapid firing, go SKS. After that, use the AK5C.

Milennia

Really? They're only good for boosts, which makes them completely unnecessary if you're capped.

But they're not.
They give you camos and knives, and with 3 new knives coming, i would like them :D
Also i am no longer capped anymore as the level cap has been raised.

Omni

I'm find of the scar just because it has excellent accuracy. If you're into shorter range rapid firing, go SKS. After that, use the AK5C.

Naa, I'm not a CQ kind of guy. Was just making a bad joke, haha. I approach all situations at a distance, so accuracy is pretty important.

I'll give the SCAR a go, then. Thanks!

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Naa, I'm not a CQ kind of guy. Was just making a bad joke, haha. I approach all situations at a distance, so accuracy is pretty important.

I'll give the SCAR a go, then. Thanks!

Play around with the ACE 53 as well. I have been beasting with that gun and is now my highest KPM primary in the game.

it's ok. it's the 'new' Obliteration layout. if you knew the old ones, it would make sense.

more newness!!!

Z6MlKR0.jpg

my god............ i can't believe this... lmao no more fun in that map...

demolitio

So after the balance changes, what are the best overall missiles for the attack choppers? I've been using the smart rockets to great effect but could never tell if they were truly "smart" when firing them.

I've had success with all 3 rocket types but don't know which one to stick with.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
my god............ i can't believe this... lmao no more fun in that map...

Wait until they fix the server options, the old one will be back.

I can't wait to have to wade through servers to see "OLD OBLITERATION!!!!!!!!!!!!" to make sure to join those. *sigh*

TheSeks

Made a PC-version platoon for people if that's even gonna be popular.

If not well I made it for nothing. I'll edit the emblem later. But I really don't see this taking off but if it helps Noisepurge out...

SJS

Which is the best DMR?

Being a DMR mainer, I have found that the ACE 53 SV is the best and use it almost exclusively. It offers a great balance between close range potential / versatility (low spread increase per shot, high ammo count) and general accuracy. However, the SCAR-H SV and the SVD-12 are less luck based at long ranges, and they're a realistic consideration.

Basically:

ACE 53 SV: Best versatility due to lowest spread increase per shot and high ammo count, even recoil. Only downside is lower accuracy at very long distances.
SCAR-H SV: Low muzzle velocity, but most accurate in terms of recoil evenness and default spread.
SVD-12: Highest muzzle velocity, weird leftward recoil, but has the same default spread as the SCAR-H; not too good for close range, in part because it has the lowest ammo count of the three listed here.

As for the RFB, its main advantage over the three listed is that its a bit more accurate if you're moving and shooting at the same time, but this isn't very helpful in practice (at least relative to the ACE 53 SV's general versatility). It's gimped by terrible muzzle velocity, weird recoil, and relatively bad reload times.

EDIT: Trying to add some more of the people I see here on PSN. I'm ThreeBarHero if I don't add you.

So after the balance changes, what are the best overall missiles for the attack choppers? I've been using the smart rockets to great effect but could never tell if they were truly "smart" when firing them.

I've had success with all 3 rocket types but don't know which one to stick with.

Smart rockets are very dumb and deal almost exactly the same damage to vehicles as the Hydra rockets, along with having only 8 rockets per "magazine" instead of 14.

Looking at what DICE has said about the Zuni rockets buff I imagine it simply deals more damage now, they already deal more damage per rocket than the Hydra, but have only 8 rockets per "magazine" and they have a slower rate of fire.

You can check this if you want to know more. It's not based on the latest patch but should give you a general idea of how good each rocket type is.

Generally speaking I think people use Zunis to better duel enemy aircrafts and use Hydras for taking out ground targets. Smart rockets seem to be pretty pointless thus far.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I... I just played a round of Metro Conquest where we (the US) managed to capture B after the enemy had already taken it, and we managed to push them back and capture A.

What planet am I on?

Symax

Don't know if Im late but applied to the platoon finally.
I'm sorry but you are late.
Thank's DICE for the 100 member limit.

I still think, that splitting the platoon in different regions would be a good idea. It is impossible to play the game across the atlantic anyway.

scogoth

I still think, that splitting the platoon in different regions would be a good idea. It is impossible to play the game across the atlantic anyway.

Says you. When you are drunk anything is possible

turnbuckle

I dunno about regions, but a platform split would be good. I won't get too many opportunities to play this month and hate that there are some more active than me at the moment that can't join. That said, once things settle down here at work I'll be a lot more active again and don't want to be left on the outside looking in. And now that I'm hearing things are getting better after the latest patch I'm starting to be more willing to use the little free time I have available towards playing (I'm time constrained, but I still can play a few hours a week at least if the experience is improved).

I also wouldn't want to leave the full platoon now to join a PS4 platoon that ends up not getting many people to join. I understand why there's a limit if there's some kind of ranking/progression system (though this is a good argument to not have that in place) but the limit really should be much higher than it is. Like 1,000.

Ark

Anyone ever had issues with game reports not appearing in Battlelog? I played 3 games tonight; Dragon Pass, Silk Road, and Altai Range. The Altai Range game isn't showing up though, I even shared that report from the PS4. A little worried that the stats I got from that game won't have registered (no idea how that works for BF4), also a bit miffed because I was MVP :p

Anyone ever had issues with game reports not appearing in Battlelog? I played 3 games tonight; Dragon Pass, Silk Road, and Altai Range. The Altai Range game isn't showing up though, I even shared that report from the PS4. A little worried that the stats I got from that game won't have registered (no idea how that works for BF4), also a bit miffed because I was MVP :p

It happens, not very often.

But don't worry, the game should appear on your battlelog at some point in the future, and the stats will register.

SJS

Well, that was an adding RAMPAGE. I literally added everyone on the GAF PS4 list when possible.

I don't even understand how I did it. I just did. Now time to play Battlef- oh wait, class.

My life is very interesting.

Yopis

Okay no worries lame that Its just a 100 limit.

TheSeks

Where's that non-Premium GAF emblem? Apparently the Premium one has stuff I still haven't unlocked (WTF) to use for the PC platoon emblem.

Where's that non-Premium GAF emblem? Apparently the Premium one has stuff I still haven't unlocked (WTF) to use for the PC platoon emblem.
I thought you could copy emblems even if you didn't have those specific emblem stuff unlocked? Pretty sure you can do that unless I somehow miraculously managed to unlock all the stuff needed for several emblems now.

TheSeks

I thought you could copy emblems even if you didn't have those specific emblem stuff unlocked? Pretty sure you can do that unless I somehow miraculously managed to unlock all the stuff needed for several emblems now.

Nope. Says unlocked parts error for me.

Dude's name and clan tag... LMAO.

Odrion

Banned
Being a DMR mainer, I have found that the ACE 53 SV is the best and use it almost exclusively. It offers a great balance between close range potential / versatility (low spread increase per shot, high ammo count) and general accuracy. However, the SCAR-H SV and the SVD-12 are less luck based at long ranges, and they're a realistic consideration.

Basically:

ACE 53 SV: Best versatility due to lowest spread increase per shot and high ammo count, even recoil. Only downside is lower accuracy at very long distances.
SCAR-H SV: Low muzzle velocity, but most accurate in terms of recoil evenness and default spread.
SVD-12: Highest muzzle velocity, weird leftward recoil, but has the same default spread as the SCAR-H; not too good for close range, in part because it has the lowest ammo count of the three listed here.

As for the RFB, its main advantage over the three listed is that its a bit more accurate if you're moving and shooting at the same time, but this isn't very helpful in practice (at least relative to the ACE 53 SV's general versatility). It's gimped by terrible muzzle velocity, weird recoil, and relatively bad reload times.

EDIT: Trying to add some more of the people I see here on PSN. I'm ThreeBarHero if I don't add you.
Unless they changed the rifles in this new patch, the Q-BERT 88's stats beats everything out significantly EXCEPT it's small clip and long reload. And man, while 11 seems like enough it makes you sure miss the other DMR's 20+ bullet clips and relatively short reload speeds.

Otherwise yeah, the ACE 53 SV is pretty great and the MOD 11 feels really good to use.

SJS

Unless they changed the rifles in this new patch, the Q-BERT 88's stats beats everything out significantly EXCEPT it's small clip and long reload. And man, while 11 seems like enough it makes you sure miss the other DMR's 20+ bullet clips and relatively short reload speeds.

Otherwise yeah, the ACE 53 SV is pretty great and the MOD 11 feels really good to use.

Yeah, its ammo issue is a lot more significant than it is on the first glance. Assuming perfect play, it will outplay every DMR except the SCAR / SVD at long range in an almost total majority of situations, but practically, the clip / reload sacrifice really burdens you by making you overly careful and unwilling to suppressively fire. It will really make you fond of your secondary weapon.

Omni

Since downloading the update yesterday, the game has frozen 5 times on loading screens. Pretty sure it wasn't this bad before.

Just a bit frustrating!

Tried the game again after a two week leave and it's even worse than it was before. Players and objects vanishing in front of me, two full clips not killing people, one shot deaths. In both servers I tried the other team was absolutely steamrolling the other side. Losing with their tickets at over 600. I have no idea how this is so fucked up.

Now I don't get rubber banding though. Just it's nastier cousin.

Odrion

Banned
Yeah, its ammo issue is a lot more significant than it is on the first glance. Assuming perfect play, it will outplay every DMR except the SCAR / SVD at long range in an almost total majority of situations, but practically, the clip / reload sacrifice really burdens you by making you overly careful and unwilling to suppressively fire. It will really make you fond of your secondary weapon.
Yeah, my favorite part of the ACE 53 or the MOD 11 is that if you catch a squad off guard you can take out one (or two, or three) dudes and his buddies near him will often be too suppressed/panicked by the 'PSHPSHPSH' to turn around and retaliate. Can't do that with the Q-Bert.

demolitio

Smart rockets are very dumb and deal almost exactly the same damage to vehicles as the Hydra rockets, along with having only 8 rockets per "magazine" instead of 14.

Looking at what DICE has said about the Zuni rockets buff I imagine it simply deals more damage now, they already deal more damage per rocket than the Hydra, but have only 8 rockets per "magazine" and they have a slower rate of fire.

You can check this if you want to know more. It's not based on the latest patch but should give you a general idea of how good each rocket type is.

Generally speaking I think people use Zunis to better duel enemy aircrafts and use Hydras for taking out ground targets. Smart rockets seem to be pretty pointless thus far.

Thanks. I figured as much since I really didn't see the smart rockets really divert from their straight path no matter how close to a tank they were. I figured I'd keep going since I had a few incredible games with them and was afraid I'd suck with the others but I'm finding success with them all even though I realized the smart rockets aren't doing much and the ammo shortage makes me rely on my gunner more which is a pain in the ass in this game.

Back to Hydras. I've been using the TOW missile to great success surprisingly enough but I think I might need the sidewinders for enemy helos more considering you have to rely on your gunner to pay attention even more which is something my friend can't seem to do either.

It's just amazing seeing the decline of aircraft in this series since the new blood joined DICE. Maybe they can shine again if they ever go back to WWII since everything will require skill so the pilot will only succeed if he master dumb-bombing without any sights and the guys on the ground will only succeed if they can lead a target and shoot the plane down. No lock-on bullshit or making an engineer a walking anti-everything machine.

While on BL, I just noticed that I'm not in the current GAF clan. I guess I never bothered to update since the BF3 PC clan. So if you guys ever get room for the PS4 platoon, please send "Demolitio" an invite as I play nightly on PS4 (wish I could buy the PC version too since my friend convinced me to go PS4). If not, feel free to add me on PSN under the same name.

Especially if any of you are decent gunners or even pilots (since I don't get to gun often), please add me. So tired of seeing people not understand how to fly in this game using momentum or understanding that quick passes over a target is better than just hovering there waiting for death to come knocking at our door. Oh, forgot to include the idiots that pilot the attack chopper just to bail out over a tower so they can snipe and do absolutely nothing for the team. :D

meshwork

Made a PC-version platoon for people if that's even gonna be popular.

If not well I made it for nothing. I'll edit the emblem later. But I really don't see this taking off but if it helps Noisepurge out...

Well I joined. I'll pester Bombless into joining if shaming him right here doesn't do it.

We could have probably gone with platform-specific platoons to begin with since cross-platform play isn't a feature anyway and they still have that stupid 100 player limit going. I reckon someone capable of doing it could add the platoons to the OP for easier access. Also, if you're on PC and actually play this game (I have about 50 people from GAF on Battlelog and about 10 of them are active), do come and join the PC-specific platoon.

Click here for a good time since Seks is being mysterious.

As was already mentioned earlier, you can join multiple platoons so you can (and should) join this even if you managed to get into the other one before it filled up.

Top Bottom