• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Odrion

Banned
Let me know if you have any questions.
27%? Shiiiiiit. How's your playstyle on the maps with the weapon?

Also I notice that you have your PS4 name in the thread's player list, but not your PC name. Is your PC Battlelog private?

edit: Oh, you're a pro BF4 player too. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I stand corrected. (Except for the new assault rifle. It's totally going to suck.)

JJD

Fuck.
I just had a whole thing written up and the page reloaded when i went to check my percentages.......uoygiuyguiyg

Ill sum it up.
In private esports games i use 100%ergo and only the 23, the 52 comes out maybe 20% of the time.

My private ergo only percentages are,
52 18%
23 17%

I use the ergo on most high ROF hipfire weapons and i use the angled on most medium- long range weapons.
I will sometimes use the ergo on small maps etc. etc. the obvious stuff.

Heres my top 10
L85 27.2%
23 23.1%
52 23.4%
Ak5c 22.1%
Tar 16%
F2000 (ergo) 18% I'm experimenting with this weapon
P226 (lol) 26%
Ace21 (half ergo, half angled) 18% don't really enjoy this weapon
M416 (angled) 22% i love this gun, even to this day
U100...... Yeah not even kidding. Hate it. A lot. (Angled) 20%

Man just link both your battlelog accounts (pub and esport). Much easier!

On a side note, I'll happily sacrifice Domination if they can fix Conquest for good with this patch!

sagat2036

Cooler heads prevail

Confirmed by DICE

Which begs the question: If you're gonna ruin a mode and make it a server option, why the FUCK wouldn't you make that server option available in the browser so those of us that want the mode that was fun to play (not your shitty second assault version of it) can keep it before you make these changes?! Fucks sake...

Why would they let those low player count Oblit maps out with so much open space? Itll be easier to grief and camp teams that suck a whole lot easier? ill just take the bomb and atv to behind our spawn and high ground you all day (after we plant 1 or 2 4tw).

Seems like these guys dont get it. Less player count less map.... duh

Milennia

Man just link both your battlelog accounts (pub and esport). Much easier!

On a side note, I'll happily sacrifice Domination if they can fix Conquest for good with this patch!

27%? Shiiiiiit. How's your playstyle on the maps with the weapon?

Also I notice that you have your PS4 name in the thread's player list, but not your PC name. Is your PC Battlelog private?

edit: Oh, you're a pro BF4 player too. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I stand corrected. (Except for the new assault rifle. It's totally going to suck.)
Well...
This sucks.
Had like 5 paragraphs written and the ipad decided to take another shit and reload.

HERE COMES ANOTHER SUMMED UP STATEMENT

My PC account is set to private and has been since day one... But not by choice.
I have contacted EA multiple times regarding the subject and they have tried everything, they think its because both accounts are under the same name..

As for esports, i was big into the scene, yet am now semi retired (lol implying we made any money anyway, what a joke) because the scene took a nosedive due to lack of official support by DICE, who give 0-no shits about esports in their first party titles.

As for my playstyle in pubs (esports was domination only),
I play exclusovely conquest in pubs reslly, yet my advice and playstyle really apply to all modes and even shooters in general.

(Will be editing this post in a good half an hour, need to take a shower :p)

Cooler heads prevail

Confirmed by DICE

Which begs the question: If you're gonna ruin a mode and make it a server option, why the FUCK wouldn't you make that server option available in the browser so those of us that want the mode that was fun to play (not your shitty second assault version of it) can keep it before you make these changes?! Fucks sake...

what a way to introduce infantry-only Obliteration! peeps were legit ready to sell the game.

Fuck.
I just had a whole thing written up and the page reloaded when i went to check my percentages.......uoygiuyguiyg

Ill sum it up.
In private esports games i use 100%ergo and only the 23, the 52 comes out maybe 20% of the time.

My private ergo only percentages are,
52 18%
23 17%

I use the ergo on most high ROF hipfire weapons and i use the angled on most medium- long range weapons.
I will sometimes use the ergo on small maps etc. etc. the obvious stuff.

Heres my top 10
L85 27.2%
23 23.1%
52 23.4%
Ak5c 22.1%
Tar 16%
F2000 (ergo) 18% I'm experimenting with this weapon
P226 (lol) 26%
Ace21 (half ergo, half angled) 18% don't really enjoy this weapon
M416 (angled) 22% i love this gun, even to this day
U100...... Yeah not even kidding. Hate it. A lot. (Angled) 20%

Your have really good accuracy,so I guess 27% would be on the high end of what to expect if I picked up the weapon, but a 4% bump over you second best weapon is still pretty substantial. I'm gonna try and unlock this weapon so I can give it a try now with your setup.

ultron87

Great work Dice. You've ruined the only game mode I play and on some maps guns don't work at more than a 5 feet. Truly wonderful job.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Great work Dice. You've ruined the only game mode I played and on some maps guns don't work at more than a 5 feet. Truly wonderful job.

It's not "ruined" just ruined until they give a better fucking browser... *sigh*

Why they need to make a competitive version of that, I dunno. No one cares about a competitive version of that except maybe... 5 people.

ultron87

It's not "ruined" just ruined until they give a better fucking browser... *sigh*
Yeah, until there's a way to actually effectively find a server playing the mode I like the game might as well be dead to me.

The description for the game mode on Quick Match and the screen shot of a man running from a helicopter are now lies too.

SJS

I've always stuck to DMRs. I never had faith in PDWs because the first few were pretty meh.

I then noticed I had the MP7 unlocked for some reason. I tried it.

I understood.

Looking to get the AS VAL - looks like it's the statistically superior gun. It's quite the pain in the ass to unlock, because I almost never go in choppers.

GGS to Mitchman today. Man, I was doing fucking terrible yesterday. Glad I got myself together.

TheSeks

Just ride scout chopper or transport. Doesn't matter. It accumulates eventually.

But the AS VAL really isn't that good for all the praise it gets. It requires a LOT of working around it instead of it working around you.

FN P90 for lyfe with the PDW-R following behind.

Dont kill me but I dont get it.

it's ok. it's the 'new' Obliteration layout. if you knew the old ones, it would make sense.

more newness!!!

mVLiSiN.jpg

R5rSrtI.jpg

2tEXdSx.jpg

Z6MlKR0.jpg

TheSeks

Set placements continue to make me angry. If you're gonna make it infantry only, why have a huge out of bounds shown like that!? Same shit makes me angry with Second Assault's initial (hopefully fixed in a coming patch for old Sabotage) Sabo sets. :|

I sure hope no one takes the bomb to one of the irrelevant corners of the gia... Oops. They've already done it.

No vehicles. Infantry only. People have to kill and kill and kill and kill without noticing the huge "PLEASE SHOOT ME" bomb carrier sign to let the carrier get away with that.

SJS

Just ride scout chopper or transport. Doesn't matter. It accumulates eventually.

Yeah, I tried to do that today. Will continue.

But the AS VAL really isn't that good for all the praise it gets. It requires a LOT of working around it instead of it working around you.

I don't really listen to "praise" because to be quite frank I usually just go to the stat sheets when I need weapon advice in an FPS lol. What's the "working around it" that I must do?

ultron87

No vehicles. Infantry only. People have to kill and kill and kill and kill without noticing the huge "PLEASE SHOOT ME" bomb carrier sign to let the carrier get away with that.

Some of the maps have jet skis and, I think, quad bikes. Even without that one failed bomb plant where the other team is spawning on the other side of the map gives plenty of time to start sprinting for the hills. It is just another thing that shows how poorly this was implemented. If you're going to introduce rugby-bliteration at least put logical boundaries on the damn thing.

Man, I'm salty as hell at this.

Set placements continue to make me angry. If you're gonna make it infantry only, why have a huge out of bounds shown like that!? Same shit makes me angry with Second Assault's initial (hopefully fixed in a coming patch for old Sabotage) Sabo sets. :|
i would also like to add that because its infantry only and no parachute spawn, spawn camping is already a thing.

there are vehicles though... quad bikes and jetskis! actually, now that i think about it, imagine if one team takes all the quads and just rides around Golmud with the bomb?

scogoth

there are vehicles though... quad bikes and jetskis! actually, now that i think about it, imagine if one team takes all the quads and just rides around Golmud with the bomb?

24/7 FAST RANK EASY POINTS DOUBLE XP NO RULES FREE HOOKERS BEER BOOBS LOW PING NO LAG

sounds like something I would do

it's ok. it's the 'new' Obliteration layout. if you knew the old ones, it would make sense.

this looks like ass compared to the old ones with the bombing places more spread out. It made it a tactical choice to go for the farthest one first.

i assume they removed all choppers too? that used to be the one-way ticket to bombville with a good pilot.

burnfout

Rubberbanding seems waayyyyy better, killtrading is still weird ( I got killed by a guy I killed 4-5 seconds ago ), also Killcam doesnt work 50 % of the time, and Killcard show the wrong killer sometimes.

I'm just really happy the lag is better :/

Reave

Haven't tried the new Obliteration setup yet, but it sounds like it was done to create a little more disparity between it and Rush... sort of.

Is it really that big a downgrade, fellas? Another bad move?

oh yeah... and these...

7wa5Ty3.jpg

JEAt4Xr.jpg

Haven't tried the new Obliteration setup yet, but it sounds like it was done to create a little more disparity between it and Rush... sort of.

Is it really that big a downgrade, fellas? Another bad move?

i'd say it's more like Rush now. funneled into two three objectives in close proximity.

we got 99 platoon members but Olimpia ain't one!

(neither is JJD, what the hell guysy)

Is there a PS4 platoon? Is the link around? Can't find anything.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it and applied.

let us know your name in Battlelog, makes it easier to add the actual gaffers. But i guess you're that Arkano one.

Ark

let us know your name in Battlelog, makes it easier to add the actual gaffers. But i guess you're that Arkano one.

Sure am. I really wish Sony would let me change my PSN ID, I'd happily pay even £30 for it. Had "Arkano" since 2007, Christ knows why I used that.

Think I'm going to go against my initial plan and buy Premium. I'm mostly bored of the vanilla maps and China Rising is beginning to get a little repetitive (even though I still need to unlock the MP7). Naval Assault sounds cool and I figure I'll give Second Assault a try.

Sure am. I really wish Sony would let me change my PSN ID, I'd happily pay even £30 for it. Had "Arkano" since 2007, Christ knows why I used that.

yeah for some reason this is only available for the japanese accounts :/

i was hoping they would launch this ability for the new generation here in the west too.

Facism

we got 99 platoon members but Olimpia ain't one!

(neither is JJD, what the hell guysy)

they've got their own Drunken platoon, bru.

Omni

There's something weird going on since the patch. I'm not rubber banding and those packet loss things don't pop up on my screen any more... BUT. I can be shooting a guy and he still just turns around and gets me straight away

An example would be something that happened in my last game. An enemy had taken cover behind a corner and I was watching it with my AK5c maybe 40 metres away. He pops out and I shoot him a few times and get hit markers. Next thing I know, he manages to kill me with the G36C almost instantly. He didn't get a headshot and his health was completely full in the kill feed. I find it a bit far fetched that in between me hitting him with a first burst that he was able to aim directly at my position after running out of a corner and shoot a couple of times, killing me, all before I was able to finish him off.

I don't even know. Maybe I'm just rusty. It's hard to tell *shrugs*

though even then there was an incident where I no-scoped someone at a 45 degree angle from where my weapon was pointing...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
There's something weird going on since the patch. I'm not rubber banding and those packet loss things don't pop up on my screen any more... BUT. I can be shooting a guy and he still just turns around and gets me straight away

An example would be something that happened in my last game. An enemy had taken cover behind a corner and I was watching it with my AK5c maybe 40 metres away. He pops out and I shoot him a few times and get hit markers. Next thing I know, he manages to kill me with the G36C almost instantly. He didn't get a headshot and his health was completely full in the kill feed. I find it a bit far fetched that in between me hitting him with a first burst that he was able to aim directly at my position after running out of a corner and shoot a couple of times, killing me, all before I was able to finish him off.

I don't even know. Maybe I'm just rusty. It's hard to tell *shrugs*

though even then there was an incident where I no-scoped someone at a 45 degree angle from where my weapon was pointing...
Thats lag my friend.

Getting the hang of the 360 control after mostly mousing in BF3 and the early days of BF4. I'm still pretty awful but don't feel quite so gimped any more.
And my K/D is almost back up to 0.5.
I'm finding it makes driving a looot easier. Haven't tried flying since I couldn't even get a helicopter off the ground at one point.

Anyone else use controller on PC? I know it'll never be as good and all that. Just interested in others' experiences.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
There you go:
Dennis Brännvall ‏@DICE_FireWall 13h
For those of you asking, changes to OBL is not replacing the old game mode it's just another option for smaller player counts

Alan Kertz @Demize99
Confirmed that all balance updates are present in the latest update. Patch notes to be updated, sorry about the oversight.

(About the LAW)
Alan Kertz @Demize99
@Fersis I think it's faster, but it's very minor. Just to sync the animation.
IM OK WITH THIS

Mafro

I've always stuck to DMRs. I never had faith in PDWs because the first few were pretty meh.

I then noticed I had the MP7 unlocked for some reason. I tried it.

I understood.

Looking to get the AS VAL - looks like it's the statistically superior gun. It's quite the pain in the ass to unlock, because I almost never go in choppers.

GGS to Mitchman today. Man, I was doing fucking terrible yesterday. Glad I got myself together.
You could probably get the AS VAL assignment done in one round if you have a good chopper pilot in your squad. I love the gun, but you have to watch your ammo due to the small clip size and high rate of fire.

they've got their own Drunken platoon, bru.

you can join several platoons, doesnt need to be the primary one. now it looks like they HATE us! :D

In other news, we are now full. I vote we do the split platoons, one for Consoles and one for PC.

Any active PC BF4 players up for making the PC Platoon?

Top Bottom