• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Odrion

Banned
The new Assault Rifle seems potentially interesting but man a 700 RPM gun with that much vertical recoil is going to be annoying for console players. Imagine using it with a heavy barrel as well. Lol.
Fuck that.
#SMAWsnipe
Exactly.

And bring back the dart gun.

Milennia

The new Assault Rifle seems potentially interesting but man a 700 RPM gun with that much vertical recoil is going to be annoying for console players. Imagine using it with a heavy barrel as well. Lol.

Exactly.

Omg i love the dart gun...

It feels completely pointless as of right now. Better off with using the AUG or even the CZ 805. I'll try to use it more and see if it can change my mind, I'm guessing DICE isn't finished working on the gun yet.

Xbox One player with a quick question that someone here might have a good answer for:

Why does DICE / EA use their own servers as opposed to hosting Battlefield on Microsoft's Live servers?

From what I have understood, Microsoft's dedicated servers are free for developers to use for all games on Xbox.For that matter, why would any game run on anything but Microsoft's service on Xbox?

Thanks for any clarification!

Exactly.

Yeah another pointless generic weapon. Where my AN at Dice!?

Omni

Fuck those AA mines up the ass with a stick.

Attack heli should be buffed not fucking nerfed.
Do we know how they'll work yet?

The whole idea seems frustratingly stupid. At least with regular mines you're gonna still be able to see them on the ground. But while flying extremely fast and trying to avoid a hundred million stingers? Eh. It's not gonna happen

Do we know how they'll work yet?

The whole idea seems frustratingly stupid. At least with regular mines you're gonna still be able to see them on the ground. But while flying extremely fast and trying to avoid a hundred million stingers? Eh. It's not gonna happen
I read AA mines do 20 damage on Symthic. So less powerful than stingers and if las by a good margin. Hopefully you can only deploy one at a time.

Bombless

I read AA mines do 20 damage on Symthic. So less powerful than stingers and if las by a good margin. Hopefully you can only deploy one at a time.

Watch Jackfrag's video, you drop them like mines, you can put both down right away. Does 65/70 damage tops to scout heli along with mobility kill.

Xbox One player with a quick question that someone here might have a good answer for:

Why does DICE / EA use their own servers as opposed to hosting Battlefield on Microsoft's Live servers?

From what I have understood, Microsoft's dedicated servers are free for developers to use for all games on Xbox.For that matter, why would any game run on anything but Microsoft's service on Xbox?

sounds like a question for developers and publishers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, why you hurt the pilots so much :(
Helicopters only want to help.

So you get on the ground and help me arm the goddamn objectives instead of sniping from the roof, oh Transport Chopper. >:|

Gonna have to rush through the parking garage of first set Shanghai to abuse these for great effect, I guess.

Oh, my prediction about the 3GL – the description is three less powerful grenades in the launcher, which reminds me of the initial description of the v40 minis. So I imagine people will just spam the three shots in succession, like a lot of people did with the minis.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So... wheres my March Gold Basedpack?

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Ive been asking for three pages. the chances of being answered are slim to none. However mocking and go to google suggestions are a plenty.

Considering none of us work for Dice, I don't know what you expect from us. We are privy to the same information and rumors you are, thus google or battlefield.com is the correct answer, not a smart ass answer .

So you get on the ground and help me arm the goddamn objectives instead of sniping from the roof, oh Transport Chopper. >:|

Gonna have to rush through the parking garage of first set Shanghai to abuse these for great effect, I guess.

Sometimes I hover to get objective points or land and scream "get out of my chopper!"
Most times I fly beautiful figure eights and hide behind buildings.

TheSeks

There's just something about 700 RPM guns that render them less useful than others. It's like Dice can't find a good inbetween with those weapons.

Should be doing slightly more damage than the faster firing to where they're both on an "even kneel" in terms of TTK.

But this is DICE: We can't put thousands of guns and their ammo types on individual cells of a datatable. We gotta bunch up same ammo types for different guns... because... DICE!™

Orcus

Ive been asking for three pages. the chances of being answered are slim to none. However mocking and go to google suggestions are a plenty.
I don't mind being ignored on a question like this since it's likely no one here knows the answer. I checked the console update thread on the BF forums and then checked this thread. I asked here because a lot of people reading this thread follow dev twitters, reddit, other forums, ect... that I don't have the time to follow. Going by the history of the console update thread it appears that XBO updated usually trail by a few days to a week.

Considering none of us work for Dice, I don't know what you expect from us. We are privy to the same information and rumors you are, thus google or battlefield.com is the correct answer, not a smart ass answer .

seriously, it's like this for every console game ever. updates cannot get a date period until they pass cert. for planned out DLC, that means a date can be announced weeks before if they already passed but updates like this aren't something planned out in advance and submitted long before the planned rollout so they only really can announce like 24-48h before the release usually since they want to release asap after passing.

So origin Germany got it right in regards to the SA release date.

Time for Origin Denmark to step up.

5v7r.png

olimpia84

Man I've been out of touch with all the updates...they have platoons now? And GAF has one? And I'm not part of it??? RAGE MODE ON

TheSeks

finally got the veteran battlepack. acb is mein

Jelly, I've been wanting that knife back since it was burned into my memory from BF3.

Speak of the devil: Just got mine from said Veteran Battlepack + the Veteran dogtag.

Only took... nearly six months, DICE?

Jelly, I've been wanting that knife back since it was burned into my memory from BF3.

Speak of the devil: Just got mine from said Veteran Battlepack + the Veteran dogtag.

Only took... nearly six months, DICE?

It was all worth it for that knife, totally. My knifing is now 37% more successful now.

scogoth

I don't mind being ignored on a question like this since it's likely no one here knows the answer. I checked the console update thread on the BF forums and then checked this thread. I asked here because a lot of people reading this thread follow dev twitters, reddit, other forums, ect... that I don't have the time to follow. Going by the history of the console update thread it appears that XBO updated usually trail by a few days to a week.

Yeah no one really knows the answer unfortunately. Welcome to neogaf, and don't be afraid to ask questions. You seem quite nice an hope we see you around lots. liquidsnake likes to be passive aggressive here because nobody answered his questions and made a snarky comment when his questions got buried. No one will intentionally ignore you so if you have a question that doesn't get answered just ask again politely.

Probably makes more sense from EA/DICE's perspective to have the game runs on all the same servers regardless of platform than have to set up and code the Xbox version to run on different servers than the PS and PC versions.

TheSeks

Got nothing to do with that.

Got everything to do with EA's "my way or the highway" take back on the X-box 180's Live service. They didn't want to get on the service until MS capitulated and gave them their own dedicated servers and hook into the XBL servers to get gamertags and information.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Those things are fucking intimidating man. Every time one pops up I spray and pray and hope that Bot of Doom doesn't torch me to death.

It's great because they're really noisy unless you aren't moving, so once I armed the target, I rolled away into a dark corner and waited in silence. The minute some poor fool tries to disarm the work is the minute my bot springs to life, with a welding torch and the will to kill.

So I jumped back into Rush with a buddy after playing conquest for so long and my god! No lag, no rubber banding, no shooting issues, no glitches. Looks like I'm sticking to this for a while. I've missed you based Battlefield.

So I jumped back into Rush with a buddy after playing conquest for so long and my god! No lag, no rubber banding, no shooting issues, no glitches. Looks like I'm sticking to this for a while. I've missed you based Battlefield.

Yeah, just got done playing with a couple gaffers, had a lot of fun.

Top Bottom