• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

You missed the glitch on using the Heavy Barrel on any(?) gun and I think the M416 especially and it in BF3.

Got like a 80% accuracy rating with it using that glitch on consoles. Insane!

It was actually the G3 that was especially bothersome with it.

Anyway, I'm a PC player, I've never had any real good squadmates to get with. As a result, I always did lone-wolf type shit, and I've developed a LOT (and I mean a lot) of bad habits. I would love if someone (or some group) from GAF were to accept me under their wing to become something of an apprentice to help get rid of these bad habits. I'm not entirely awful, I've got around a 1.1 KD, and I'd like to become a more consistent 2.0KD kind of player. Not that I care about my KD in and of itself, more that I care about living more than dying. Any takers? My closest servers are the Chicago kind, and I can VOIP. I'd also love to kind of get myself into a small group of people that regularly play games online. My GF PC games, but isn't terribly good at it, and no one else I know both plays PC games and can afford to buy games, so I've had a pretty antisocial PC experience all these years, I'd like to change that if I can.

I had an issue where BF4 didn't want to load into the actual game, so I'm reinstalling it.

Holy shit, you can do this? Like with the EMP? Do you have to intercept it in flight or do you EMP the missile's target area?

The EMP deals damage to it every second, so if you use the EMP while its still passing It'll still live. Use the EMP in the area the missile is landing (you can tell when its starting to slow down) and It'll explode and not harm anyone on your team.

I think the proxy attack also stops it but I'm not sure on that one.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit, you can do this? Like with the EMP? Do you have to intercept it in flight or do you EMP the missile's target area?

Yes. Exactly. Which is why I always lol when the enemy commander EMP's willy-nilly, proxy attacks me and then launches a missile.

As soon as the proxy attack ends, I counter the cruise missile and all chat "NO. BAD ENEMY COMMANDER. NO." them.

TheSeks

That rendering bug is on PC as well.
KCSeU4L.png

Damn it, DICE. How the hell am I supposed to play if I'm looking at the surface of the sun as a building in Lancang?

Odrion

Banned
At this point it's fairly obvious that three interns are doing the post-game patch support while Dice is working on BF5/Battlefront 3/Mirror's Edge 2.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Just loaded up the game last night, so forgive me if it's been asked, but is there a new issue with the kill cam not working correctly?

Yep, thoroughly annoying. Some how they manage to break more things with every patch, I'm not sure the last one even fixed anything and just added all the DLC stuff.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OK gonna give the commander mode a try right nao.

TheSeks

Wow, assignements aren't even up on Battlelog and people are already getting Second Assault shit. Nice, DICE.

Now if I could figure out the easiest way to nail air vehicles with the RPG...

Ark

Hows the DLC maps /China rising etc, worth the purchase?

IMO, all of the China Rising maps are fantastic (Altai Range may take a few games for you to like it). Second Assault is mostly forgettable outside of Caspian Border/Operation Firestorm. I feel like the Second Assault maps don't fit with the flow of BF4 at all. They feel really weird to me, but maybe that's because I skipped out on BF3.

Started using the AK5C with a suppressor tonight. Pretty fun gun I have to say. It's nice not showing up on the mini-map and while it definitely lacks in mid-range prowess compared to the AKU-12, I can see myself playing with it for a while just to get some exp boosts from weapon packs ;)

IMO, all of the China Rising maps are fantastic (Altai Range may take a few games for you to like it). Second Assault is mostly forgettable outside of Caspian Border/Operation Firestorm. I feel like the Second Assault maps don't fit with the flow of BF4 at all. They feel really weird to me, but maybe that's because I skipped out on BF3.

China Rising maps feel unpolished and okay at best. Dragon Pass would have been pretty good if there wasn't such an overkill with the Anti Air vehicle.

As for your Second Assault comment, I very much agree. It's the same thing when they brought back some of the BF2 maps. Since BF3 plays very differently than BF2, the maps really didn't fit in with the flow of BF3.

Hmm... I wonder if Scout Helos count as attack air vehicles... But the problem is I can't camp their base like I could in BF3... Damn it. :/

sekoku why do you want to camp enemy bases, for shame. This is what happens when someone plays too much Rush.

TheSeks

Hmm... I wonder if Scout Helos count as attack air vehicles... But the problem is I can't camp their base like I could in BF3... Damn it. :/

sekoku why do you want to camp enemy bases, for shame. This is what happens when someone plays too much Rush.

So I can unlock that air mine since it wants RPG shots on air vehicles.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I hate the connection bars so much. When I am lagging so hard that I can't even move from the spot I'm standing in for 4 seconds, I do not have a 5-bar connection.

Why can't they just show me the ping count??

Just hit rank 111 and got a Bronze BP instead of a Gold. Also just leveled the AWS and instead of a weapon bp, I got another bronze one. Titanfall can't get here quick enough. I need a break from this buggy mess.

When we have ticket bleed and the match is really close, then it'd be a good idea to not respawn. Unfortunately my team forgot to turn on their brains/didn't give a fuck so we lost by less than 15 tickets. Fuck.

TheSeks

I hate the connection bars so much. When I am lagging so hard that I can't even move from the spot I'm standing in for 4 seconds, I do not have a 5-bar connection.

Why can't they just show me the ping count??

Wouldn't matter with CPU-INTENSIVE SERVERS showing packet loss, anyway.

LVG and DART assignment done. DART isn't as shitty as I thought just takes a LOT of luck to get some kills now and then. :/ But it's hilarious to hit someone from across the map and kill them in one shot.

Not using it anymore, of course, but still.

Now that leaves RGO Impact Grenades to do. Ugh.

SJS

Oh my. Just played the COD Ghost multiplayer demo on Xbox one and wow its horrible. I'll take broken Battlefield over it any day thank you. It really makes you appreciate BF so much more.

It's kind of like how playing WaW makes you hate every other COD.

Creaking

Oh my. Just played the COD Ghost multiplayer demo on Xbox one and wow its horrible. I'll take broken Battlefield over it any day thank you. It really makes you appreciate BF so much more.

I like most of the Call of Duty games, but yeah, Ghosts is a real stinker. Just bad design overall that promotes the worst kinds of strategy.

TheSeks

DICE said:
Spare time Sniper
Assault Rifle ribbon x3
Get 20 headshots with Assault Rifles
Reward: AR160

Packing a Punch
Destroy 20 boats
Reward: SR-2

Swiss Cheese
LMG ribbon x3
Destroy 3 vehicles as Support
Reward: AWS

Death from Below
PDW ribbon x3
Destroy 5 attack air vehicles with Rocket Launchers
Reward: AA Mine

This one is gonna be the death of me if I can't camp a jet spawn. D: The others thankfully will come with time, even the headshot with assault rifles one IIRC.

I've been enjoying slapping SLAMs onto an ATV and ramming tanks on Caspian lately.
Got a great score when the driver of an IFV shot me out of the ATV but it still rolled into his bumper and killed the driver and three more occupants.

Creaking

Woo, that was a lot of fun playing Obliteration with some fellow Gaffers just now. I think I got a little crazy there. I haven't really played much Obliteration up to now, but I've been having a blast.

I dub that last round Dr. Obliterationlove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Planting the Bomb
It was a draw, but I got to plant and detonate the two bombs our team scored, and I got a hole-in-one on the second one. Hanian Resort.

It went

Parachute-->Bomb spawns halfway through decent-->Land on Bomb-->Drive jeep straight to objective-->Plant-->Kill guy-->Cover bomb-->Bomb blows up

Normally I try to wait for team support, but it seemed like a perfect opportunity for a blitz rush, and it paid off. Very exhilarating. If only the PS4 capture would work with Battlefield 4 100% of the time. Oh well, that was fun.

Here's the full report.

I'm Ryuhza, shoutouts to ThreeBarHero and SomeOneInaHat as the other Gaffers.

terrible

Banned
Should've fired as soon as you saw him in reaction.

Also that AA mine: Stinger/IGLA counts.

Mwhahahahahahahahah 4 more to go. >_>

I thought he bailed off the ladder. I need to try shooting anyway though. I wonder if it'd actually register as a kill.

SJS

Woo, that was a lot of fun playing Obliteration with some fellow Gaffers just now. I think I got a little crazy there. I haven't really played much Obliteration up to now, but I've been having a blast.

I dub that last round Dr. Obliterationlove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Planting the Bomb
It was a draw, but I got to plant and detonate the two bombs our team scored, and I got a hole-in-one on the second one. Hanian Resort.

It went

Parachute-->Bomb spawns halfway through decent-->Land on Bomb-->Drive jeep straight to objective-->Plant-->Kill guy-->Cover bomb-->Bomb blows up

Normally I try to wait for team support, but it seemed like a perfect opportunity for a blitz rush, and it paid off. Very exhilarating. If only the PS4 capture would work with Battlefield 4 100% of the time. Oh well, that was fun.

Here's the full report.

I'm Ryuhza, shoutouts to ThreeBarHero and SomeOneInaHat as the other Gaffers.

Know what's funny? That's literally the first full Obliteration game I ever played. You didn't disappoint me to say the least, that game was a blast. Your rush planting antics put you solidly above my killstreaking score.

And yeah, what the hell is with Sony not fixing the video recorder? It's several months after the PS4's release and I can only successfully capture 20% of the games I record. Have they said anything about this?

EDIT: Actually, no, it wasn't my first. The previous game was, but that just involved me getting an insane k/d, nothing really special happened. This one was much less boring.

Creaking

Know what's funny? That's literally the first full Obliteration game I ever played. You didn't disappoint me to say the least, that game was a blast. Your rush planting antics put you solidly above my killstreaking score.

And yeah, what the hell is with Sony not fixing the video recorder? It's several months after the PS4's release and I can only successfully capture 20% of the games I record. Have they said anything about this?

Yeah, I played some Obliteration early on to try to get that last trophy for delivering 5 bombs (I've been sitting on my first PS4 platinum for a while now), but quit after 5 or so matches without any success. Plus the chasing after the bomb every waking moment felt a little exhausting to me at the time. I played about four or five Obliteration sessions this time, and not only did I have a lot of fun (got a little crazier with my tactics), I managed about four detonations total. I'm definitely going to be playing some more Obliteration from here on out.

I think the capture might be specifically bugged for Battlefield 4 or multiplayer titles in general. I've never had issues with it while playing something like Assassin's Creed IV or uh... er... Knack. So it works all the time with most games, I'd say, but very infrequently when you're playing online, which is a shame, 'cause that's when all the great moments tend to happen.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
People disappearing while climbing up ladders has to be one of the worst bugs out there.

I haven't played since patch 7. With the glitches that I've read that came up with this one, I'm not really that motivated to even try patch 8. And this glitch is new for me to read about as well.

The most ridiculous new glitch I've seen for patch 8 is the wrong person in the killcam. I mean, how do you even screw that up? Is there a mole in DICE that purposely adds a glitch in every update that manages to be worse than whatever they do manage to fix?

Your video is even worse than the killcam one because it even affects gameplay more. Incredible.

Creaking

The most ridiculous new glitch I've seen for patch 8 is the wrong person in the killcam. I mean, how do you even screw that up? Is there a mole in DICE that purposely adds a glitch in every update that manages to be worse than whatever they do manage to fix?

I know, I was starting to wonder if I hadn't accidentally started playing on a hardcore server because when I got killed, it would sometimes point to one of my teammates.

Anyway, I'm a PC player, I've never had any real good squadmates to get with. As a result, I always did lone-wolf type shit, and I've developed a LOT (and I mean a lot) of bad habits. I would love if someone (or some group) from GAF were to accept me under their wing to become something of an apprentice to help get rid of these bad habits. I'm not entirely awful, I've got around a 1.1 KD, and I'd like to become a more consistent 2.0KD kind of player. Not that I care about my KD in and of itself, more that I care about living more than dying. Any takers? My closest servers are the Chicago kind, and I can VOIP. I'd also love to kind of get myself into a small group of people that regularly play games online. My GF PC games, but isn't terribly good at it, and no one else I know both plays PC games and can afford to buy games, so I've had a pretty antisocial PC experience all these years, I'd like to change that if I can.

I had an issue where BF4 didn't want to load into the actual game, so I'm reinstalling it.

Quote for new page. Would really like to get with some GAF on this.

JJD

Just joined the console platoon. I was away for a few days since it's carnival down here.

It's nice to see all the familiar faces and the new ones!

My first games with the new patch were amazing. The game was smooth as butter, no lag, rubberbanding, etc. I even played a round of Lancang without lag! Amazing!

Sadly everything went back to normal this weekend and I'm lagging on every single game I play... :-(

I don't know if it's my ISP or the game anymore but it's annoying as hell. I hope this is just a temporary hiccup and things go back to how they were a couple days ago. That is the way I want to play Battlefield.

demolitio

So until the new sniper rifle comes out, what do you guys think is the best one in the game for quick objective play that can survive close range? I've been using the Scout Elite with the IRNV to great effect since it seems relatively quick to reload.

I don't play with sniper rifles that often since most teams have enough of them and their worthless camping (excluding a few good teamplayers that snipe of course but they're rare) but I needed a change of pace and they're the last guns I need to unlock so I figured I'd ask what would accommodate me more? I need one that doesn't take too long to chamber the next round and so far the Scout has been awesome for close-quarters ownage.

And for those of you thinking the IRNV is a weird choice, that's why I carry smoke and end up trolling people basically. Like on Operation Locker which is a shitty Metro knock-off with nonstop chokepoint camping and nading, I'll just smoke it and use my IRNV to kill the bastards that can't see me.

Smoke grenades are amazing and probably the most underused thing in the game in my opinion. It makes capping a point pretty damn easy, especially since the pesky snipers won't see you but won't even bother go and take the point back since they only care about kills. :D

Creaking

So until the new sniper rifle comes out, what do you guys think is the best one in the game for quick objective play that can survive close range? I've been using the Scout Elite with the IRNV to great effect since it seems relatively quick to reload.

I don't play with sniper rifles that often since most teams have enough of them and their worthless camping (excluding a few good teamplayers that snipe of course but they're rare) but I needed a change of pace and they're the last guns I need to unlock so I figured I'd ask what would accommodate me more? I need one that doesn't take too long to chamber the next round and so far the Scout has been awesome for close-quarters ownage.

And for those of you thinking the IRNV is a weird choice, that's why I carry smoke and end up trolling people basically. Like on Operation Locker which is a shitty Metro knock-off with nonstop chokepoint camping and nading, I'll just smoke it and use my IRNV to kill the bastards that can't see me.

Smoke grenades are amazing and probably the most underused thing in the game in my opinion. It makes capping a point pretty damn easy, especially since the pesky snipers won't see you but won't even bother go and take the point back since they only care about kills. :D

I use the M40A5 a lot for mid range combat, but I haven't tested the waters for many sniper rifles yet, so I'm probably not the one to ask.

I did have a hilarious time when I got my first (and thus far, only) kill with the GOL Magnum though. I was playing Conquest on Firestorm, and spawned on my squadmate who was atop one of the cranes. I had accidentally equipped the GOL without a scope attached, and figured I was pretty much screwed. Still, for giggles, I sought out a sniper that had killed me from afar just before. He was easily 200 or so meters away, but I aimed quickly and fired anyway.

Headshot.

If only the share button had captured such a glorious moment.

Dr Prob

Banned
Loving the Val.

Me too. It's super fun, but let's be realistic...even before the stealth nerf you'd need to dual wield a couple of 'em to even come close to matching the raw power and artistry of the JS2.

Have to say though, didn't know you were a fellow slam enthusiast. I'm impressed!

Cronnie

I'd recommend you give the GOL Magnum a try, it is my preferred sniper for the style of play you're talking about, it's comparable to the Scout Elite in regards to a very similar fire rate and magazine size, but it also comes with the added advantage of being able to get a one hit kill with a headshot at further ranges, something which the Scout can't do because of it's lower minimum damage, the GOL also has less bullet drop which helps in that regard too.

I miss BF3's PDW's being for all classes... I loved the MP7 SO MUCH, and now I can only use if it I wanna be an engie... Makes me a sad panda.

Top Bottom