• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Finally got some lagless Naval Strike matches, loving the maps.
Wave Breaker (The one with the base) is a great example of a closed map with no awful pacing killing choke points.

zychi

Banned
Has anyone in this thread been able to get Sony to refund their purchase of the Season Pass? Neither EA nor Sony will refund my money after I purchased this broken shit last week. I don't expect a refund for the actual game, but a digital season pass should be backed.

All sales are final is a bullshit ploy, and I really despise digital content because of my experience with this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You're pissed because you bought the Premium and then got angry at the game?

Next time don't buy Premium until you're sure you enjoy the title?

zychi

Banned
You're pissed because you bought the Premium and then got angry at the game?

Next time don't buy Premium until you're sure you enjoy the title?

Being kicked for killing an admin, rubberbanding, and maps not loading at all because of broken servers, isnt me getting mad at the game. I'm pissed that DICE released a broken ass game on consoles.

The game runs fine for me on PC. And I've enjoyed it there. I want my money back for a broken console game.

Kak.efes

Nothing but awful, bug riddled, laggy games this entire week. Game modes, and expansion packs don't even matter. This game is a fucking mess.

SJS

EDIT: Top 2% for ribbons per round? I feel like that sounds more impressive than it really is.

It kind of relates to how much you play CQ, to be brutally honest. It has really long rounds compared to Rush and co, so you will naturally acquire more ribbons in each round when you play long rounds.

Obviously, though, a bad CQ player wouldn't get many ribbons. You're clearly above average at CQ; it's just that there's context to everything.

Top 2% for assault kit, top 1% for k/d and 5% overall. I'll take it!

The assault kit and "overall" scores are cumulative, they mostly reflect playtime. Your K/D is clearly awesome though. I want that.

By the way, you shoot a lot. And are very passionate about automatic weapons.

Milly79

The assault kit and "overall" scores are cumulative, they mostly reflect playtime. Your K/D is clearly awesome though. I want that.

By the way, you shoot a lot. And are very passionate about automatic weapons.

I guess so. I'm trying for the dog tags on most of them, but some I just can't because they're awful to use. And I don't get the shot thing. I don't hold it down, ever. I pump almost every time, and that gets me into a lot of trouble up close. My kd was also 3.4+ but I've dropped a lot playing more team like with gaf (which isn't a big deal).

And it pains me to say it... but im close to quitting the game.
It hasnt worked in months for me :( Havent been able to play NS yet!

I haven't played BF4 in almost a week, playing Titanfall instead. I haven't really missed Battlefield; not even wanting to play the new maps if they are performing that badly. And it's not that Titanfall is a better game (a non-laggy and -rubberbanding BF4 match is sublime), but so often BF4's great gameplay is marred by server-side problems.

Titanfall has occasional very poor framerates; at times, the graphics are not good (though it doesn't help I chose the "Game" setting for my tv to deal with the crushed blacks and that really changed things); AI bots can be either fun diversions or annoying distractions. But, "it is fun," as they say.

This weekend is 2XP, yes? I'll be back for that. Play the new maps, but keep expectations low.

I haven't played BF4 in almost a week, playing Titanfall instead. I haven't really missed Battlefield; not even wanting to play the new maps if they are performing that badly. And it's not that Titanfall is a better game (a non-laggy and -rubberbanding BF4 match is sublime), but so often BF4's great gameplay is marred by server-side problems.

Titanfall has occasional very poor framerates; at times, the graphics are not good (though it doesn't help I chose the "Game" setting for my tv to deal with the crushed blacks and that really changed things); AI bots can be either fun diversions or annoying distractions. But, "it is fun," as they say.

This weekend is 2XP, yes? I'll be back for that. Play the new maps, but keep expectations low.

Only BF4 I've played in the last week has been messy enough, and that was on default maps. :/ Titanfall has at least avoided the lag problems so far, although it's not really fair to make comparisons between a 6v6 game and a 32v32 one.

Of course this weekend would be double XP, I'm going home to no-internet-land. Curses.

Actually, on that point, wasn't there that MAG game on PS3 that did 256 player games? Did it do them well?

Hystzen

Man the difference between my BF3 stats and BF4.....i want my BF3 stats holy shit

Got say it worst for lagging but Operation Mortar is one sexy map could spent whole map just fighting for the ruined fort using tunnels to sneak underground.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I favorited the server i got to play without lag, hopefully it stays that way lolz

NS is legit funsies

Some more impressions from last night:

Finally played Carrier Assault. The rubberbanding is indeed legendary. I also did network tests on both vanilla and NS maps throughout the night – less than 1% but mostly no packet loss the entire night. Now, whether they massaged the numbers or completely removed packet loss I can't say, but obviously it has nothing to do with rubberbanding now.

Spent some time in AH on Op Mortar. It felt like BF3 (but not broken) in that I was bale to fly around and not be constantly harrassed from the get go. After a few minutes we were shot down by a stinger but it felt fair and not like a barrage.

Also, I'm pretty sure I got service stars for two classes last night, but only got one battlepack. And when I check my reports, no service stars are shown in any of the games, including the one where I got a gold battlepack. DICE.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Some more impressions from last night:

Finally played Carrier Assault. The rubberbanding is indeed legendary. I also did network tests on both vanilla and NS maps throughout the night – less than 1% but mostly no packet loss the entire night. Now, whether they massaged the numbers or completely removed packet loss I can't say, but obviously it has nothing to do with rubberbanding now.

Spent some time in AH on Op Mortar. It felt like BF3 (but not broken) in that I was bale to fly around and not be constantly harrassed from the get go. After a few minutes we were shot down by a stinger but it felt fair and not like a barrage.

Also, I'm pretty sure I got service stars for two classes last night, but only got one battlepack. And when I check my reports, no service stars are shown in any of the games, including the one where I got a gold battlepack. DICE.

I noticed that I didn't get a gold pack for an assault service star, was kind of bummed.

On another note, they are talking about ps4 NS test server on the official bf4 forums that gets no rubberbanding. Maybe there is some hope.

Once you take the MAA out of the equation, flying(or in my case being the gunner) this thing can be really effective.
But with the MAA just sitting in the spawn and firing active radar missiles? Yah, good luck with that.

zma1013

Would anyone be interested in me uploading some random Battlefield 4 happenings on Youtube? I've got a bunch of recorded stuff just sitting on my hard drive looking at me to play with it and I figured I'd just smash some of it together tonight.

Oh yeah, a few thoughts on Carrier Assault.

It doesn't feel right, to me. I agree with the people who said it goes by too quickly. But also, the ship only having two MCOMs feel really, really thin.

I also am not feeling the huge delays between each "phase" where you're waiting for the carrier to open, and then the engine room to open. I mean, I understand why (to allow for the defense to set-up) but it feels so artificial, with people sitting around with their thumbs up their ass, waiting to actually do something.

I think a more challenging approach would be to have at least two sets of two MCOMs and that you'd have to arm them simultaneously to succeed (in reality, you'd have to have the second armed before the first tried to go off or else it'd fail. This would also help the defenders as disarming one would disrupt the sequence). It'd also give more impetus to try to keep control of the CA points, as damaging the cerrier after gaining entrance would be more valuable.

Would anyone be interested in me uploading some random Battlefield 4 happenings on Youtube? I've got a bunch of recorded stuff just sitting on my hard drive looking at me to play with it and I figured I'd just smash some of it together tonight.

I will watch it, so that's one view you'll be getting for free anyway. I love random BF4 videos
but Elzar doesn't upload enough huehuehue

Oh, I forgot, APS is definitely bugged now. Last night I locked on to a boat with the jav, saw him go green as it launched, and as I de-ADS'd but somehow the jav still connected and I got points.

So since they fixed APS to stop the LAW it's been bugged. Sounds about right.

sturmdogg

Is it worth getting Premium for this game? I loved BF3 but this version, while still fun, seems off to me for some reason.

Reason I'm asking is I'm undecided whether to plunk down my money on Premium or Dark Souls 2.

Has anyone else experienced really bad frame drops in naval strike? Like, in the teens, to single digits bad?

Yeah, it turns into a slideshow in certain spots when things get hectic.

Is it worth getting Premium for this game? I loved BF3 but this version, while still fun, seems off to me for some reason.

Reason I'm asking is I'm undecided whether to plunk down my money on Premium or Dark Souls 2.

If you'd be buying it solely to play 64-player Conquest, I'd say no. Still too much rubberbanding on the majority of the maps for it to be enjoyable. 32-player modes are all working well for me, no RBing or framerate issues.

zma1013

Dark Souls 2

Wait until premium is on sale somewhere down the road.

terrible

Banned
If you have to ask if it's worth getting Premium the answer is no. You really have to be dedicated to find value in it at this point.

I have Premium and don't regret it. I'm one of the few who's accepted that DICE makes broken yet fun games though.

Got the old cannon kill. I just fired blindly(like I always do) towards B(?) and got a kill.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

edit: I really need to let go of a bad habit. I ALWAYS spot a guy first before I open fire even in CQC. That's gotta stop.

terrible

Banned
Got the old cannon kill. I just fired blindly(like I always do) towards B(?) and got a kill.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

edit: I really need to let go of a bad habit. I ALWAYS spot a guy first before I open fire even in CQC. That's gotta stop.

I'll agree that up close it's a bad idea but spotting before firing just about any other time is what you should be doing so it's not that bad of a habit. I always spot before firing if the guy isn't looking at me. Always.

Zero Hero

I got a new video card and was finally able to play on ultra settings last night. It's really impressive. I feel like I was in the stone ages(medium) all this time. I can't wait to play on Parcel Storm!

SJS

Hey, is there a list of all the methods of getting battlepacks out there? I know that since the new patch you can get them from class service stars (and I don't really know how exactly those are received tbh), but I'm interested in getting as much XP boosts as possible.

Fersis

Hey, is there a list of all the methods of getting battlepacks out there? I know that since the new patch you can get them from class service stars (and I don't really know how exactly those are received tbh), but I'm interested in getting as much XP boosts as possible.
From what i remember now:
- Rank Up Basedpacks
- Class Service Star Basedpacks
- Weapon Service Star Basedpacks (Weapon add ons)
- Premium Basedpacks

I know that commanders service stars dont unlock Based packs. :(

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I got a support class service star shortly after the update that's supposed to make those give Gold battlepacks. Nothing.

Is it only when you're max rank?

Top Bottom