• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Bombless

BF2142 had a few different "sets" of objectives to get through on the Titan, right?

Yeah, you had to blow up 2 consoles to get access to the reactor core, then shoot that up, then escape.

Escaping was awesome, as was waiting on the back landing pad to shoot the runners haha

I tried the US naval strike test server and there was almost no rubberbanding. Those fuckers at EA/Dice need to get more of those (I'm assuming higher quality) servers for the game.

Erban1

Anyone remember when they said they'd stop working on DLC until the game was fixed?

They never said how fixed #DICELOGIC

And I have zero doubt EA is all up DICE's ass about getting the dlc out on schedule so we can all be ready to move onto Battlefield: Cops on Duty this fall. Bf4 needs surgery not band-aids, but we'll probably never see that happen.

It hurts to love this game...when it works it's amazing, any other time it's gold covered in shit.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Jumped into Naval TDM servers. Rubberbanding wasn't all too bad.

Going to try some larger gametypes in about an hour.

belvedere

Junior Butler
So I thought that Commander msg exploit only affected Naval Strike?

I just got booted out of multiple vanilla servers for that shit. I swear sometimes it's like I'm not meant to play this piece of shit.

It's not about technical problems--it's about design and balance. It's just not as fun as BF3 or BFBC2.

No one cares about your Xbox, Milk.
I am not even sure you liked BF3 with the amount of time you were raging. I think the only reason you played was because we had a bunch of people to play with whereas now you don't have your classic team.

Carrier Assault was rubber banding pretty hard last night.
You must be talking about the 360 because last time I checked, Carrier Assault was delayed on the xbone and PC. All I was talking about was the actual game doesn't really rubber band or crash, at least for me and all the people I play with.

You must be talking about the 360 because last time I checked, Carrier Assault was delayed on the xbone and PC. All I was talking about was the actual game doesn't really rubber band or crash, at least for me and all the people I play with.
They rolled out Naval Strike to the X1 yesterday.

JJD

Man I played a Hainan game with KahrMatri with so much rubberbanding that when the game was over I was a little dizzy...

Goddamn Dice... :-(

Sorry I had to quit Kahr.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hopefully 2XP tomorrow isn't filled with lag or massive packetloss. Need to burn these 200% boosts for 400% to reach Prestige 20. >_>

TheSeks

Memory leak still exists.

Unbelievable.

I haven't honestly gotten a memory leak in a while, but I haven't stayed on servers for hours like I did at launch due to bullshit. I should see if that 2gig "leak"/freeze happens still.

UC2 MP was brilliant until someone had the great idea that lowering the HP in a p2p environment was beneficial to the game. I remember when gaf UC2 regulars just dropped the game soon after, as did i.

AH-HAH! I KNEW I RECOGNIZED YOU FROM SOMEWHERE, FACISM!

beta/demo-1.04 UC2 multiplayer is THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST, Fuck Naughty Dog for ruining pure gold.

Kinda want to get PS3 version of BF4 digitally but no one playing it and it's still $25.

Dr Prob

Banned
Was able to play a set of lag-free carrier assault earlier today. Mode seems a little underwhelming and just doesn't feel particularly engaging. Didn't really get a sense of working together in order to bring down or protect a ship--just felt like conquest with m-coms at the end. The same m-coms in the same layout every time.

That said, I do like the new maps for straight conquest and think they'll be a good addition. Trouble is, they'd be better in a rotation with the other maps, spread out where they could serve as a cool change of pace; playing them one after another brings on a bit of fatigue as even if they play slightly differently--they rely on the same vehicles and basically the same setting.

Wish we had official rotations which included the goddamn dlc. Like, I wouldn't mind playing silk road once out of every twenty-two games, but one in four is fucking torture. Why can't we have different rotations? Why does an m-com blow up an aircraft carrier? Why is any of this happening?

demolitio

So I probably shouldn't bother trying NS tonight on PS4? I haven't tried since launch night when I "played" for one match and had to quit out of anger which lead to two more angry posts on here about how the biggest BF fan in the world has turned into someone who won't even buy the next game at launch...

I would like to avoid typing up a four paragraph long rant about EA since I know no one reads them anyway so if someone would like to save me the trouble, please tell me now if I should just avoid getting on there tonight...

Thanks. :D

Man I played a Hainan game with KahrMatri with so much rubberbanding that when the game was over I was a little dizzy...

Goddamn Dice... :-(

Sorry I had to quit Kahr.

Yeah, Eurogaf bailed on me on the Naval Strike maps tonight too. =( Saw a few different Gaffers on playing on different maps/modes at the same time. Either they don't know each other or wanted to play a certain mode.

In other news I got all NS trophies. And am 2 dart kills away from all the achievements.

I got killed by the cannon! And then in the same game I blew an open shot with the cannon but then another squad came running up that hill and I got one of those guys. Yes, there were at least 2 cannon kills in the same round. I was way at the bottom of the hill when I got killed...don't even think the cannon can shoot that far. Was playing Carrier Assault at the time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So getting back into the game I realised I still only have the first DMR unlocked: RFB. Trying it out, after fucking hating it in the beta, I still fucking hate it. Easily the worst gun in my roster.

Is it at all worth grinding DICE's putrid unlock system to see what the other DMRs are like?

Kabuto

So getting back into the game I realised I still only have the first DMR unlocked: RFB. Trying it out, after fucking hating it in the beta, I still fucking hate it. Easily the worst gun in my roster.

Is it at all worth grinding DICE's putrid unlock system to see what the other DMRs are like?

They're still outclassed by Assault Rifles and Carbines but they're useful in certain situations. The SKS, ACE-53 SV, and SCAR-H SV are the best out of the bunch; ACE-53 SV and SCAR-H SV are the last unlocks for them though so use the SKS until you get them.

I thought they gave out the DMR shortcut kit for player appreciation month? Did you not get that? Check the store, that and the Pistol shortcut kit should show up as free for you. It might be Premium-only, though, not sure.

Cronnie

I thought they gave out the DMR shortcut kit for player appreciation month? Did you not get that? Check the store, that and the Pistol shortcut kit should show up as free for you. It might be Premium-only, though, not sure.

I think that was a limited time deal for the player appreciation month, don't think you can get it for free now.

Ark

They're the most annoying guns in the game. Most of my games yesterday had plebs running around with them spamming them like no tomorrow. There's no point in using a sodding DMR if you're just going to hip-fire spam, and sitting across the map with an ACOG scope is even worse.

And don't get me started on the fucking PSCH PSCH PSCH PSCH PSCH PSCH bullshit whenever they shoot you.

The Chef

Anybody having the problem where you cant pick up special weapons? PS4
Hold down Triangle and then i pick it up. Second I let go he tosses it back on the ground. Drives me batty.

lordxar

Some friends and I tried the test server last night. Great for having just one map, probably on its own dedicated server which is why its virtually rubberbanding free. Tough to get on during primetime though.

TheSeks

They're the most annoying guns in the game. Most of my games yesterday had plebs running around with them spamming them like no tomorrow. There's no point in using a sodding DMR if you're just going to hip-fire spam, and sitting across the map with an ACOG scope is even worse.

And don't get me started on the fucking PSCH PSCH PSCH PSCH PSCH PSCH bullshit whenever they shoot you.

Cry moar
because DICE nerfed the SKS hip-fire spam and bullshit suppression makes it crazy stupid to do that in CQC

Facism

The flaw in that logic is one day we'll move to a different game, but you'll still be stuck with an X1.

lol dominated.

AH-HAH! I KNEW I RECOGNIZED YOU FROM SOMEWHERE, FACISM!

beta/demo-1.04 UC2 multiplayer is THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST, Fuck Naughty Dog for ruining pure gold.

:) UC2 beta was godlike. The way ND went about wrecking it reminded me of a friend who ruined his marriage to an amazing girl with 2 kids by going out and getting drunk, then fucking a swamp-donkey.

RoKKeR

It's okay guys. The new BF this year will be good and polished, right?

..Right?
Ha.

This is a late response but there is zero chance in hell I'm buying BF at launch day this year. While BF4 seems to be the most stable on Xbone which has benefitted me, the way DICE have absolutely fucked this franchise's reputation is embarrassing. I think I'm supposed to be a Battlefield fan but the way this game was/is handled is truly terrible.

There will be more than enough to play this fall, I'll get my BF "police warfare" fix or whatever next spring used and heavily discounted.

SJS

Yes, the ACE 53 SV is fucking amazing, and if you take the time to learn it, it is god tier. I know I'm saying that because I main it, but I use it for a reason. It is easily one of the best guns in the game.

But honestly, they're not for people who need a brush up on the basics or are just returning to the game. You need some smarts to use them appropriately. Give yourself some time to do well with ARs. Try playing Locker and get used to fighting on the outside of the map so that your reflexes and ability to aim at various mid-range distances are honed.

Also, get the M16A4 and learn to rhythmically burst it as you're doing that. It's one of the best things you can do for yourself right now after the current patch, and it's a much simpler task.

They're still outclassed by Assault Rifles and Carbines but they're useful in certain situations. The SKS, ACE-53 SV, and SCAR-H SV are the best out of the bunch; ACE-53 SV and SCAR-H SV are the last unlocks for them though so use the SKS until you get them.

I'm sorry, but this is bad advice. The SKS is trash. Its bullet velocity and bullet drop make it shit at distance fighting, and it also has a lot of weird quirks like a long reload time and slightly lower damage per bullet. It's mainly a bad mid range rifle, which the also-bad QBU is much better at. SVD-12 is much better overall and it's also one of the best 3 DMRs (the other 2 were properly stated). I suggest that in its place.

Symax

That said, I do like the new maps for straight conquest and think they'll be a good addition. Trouble is, they'd be better in a rotation with the other maps, spread out where they could serve as a cool change of pace; playing them one after another brings on a bit of fatigue as even if they play slightly differently--they rely on the same vehicles and basically the same setting.
Yeah, they copied pracel storm 4 times and called it a new DLC. The vehicle choise is really boring because its always the same. A skilled pilot in a attack jet will lock down the whole map on every map.

Listen to this man/woman, GAF.

Only jerks use DMRs.

The way ND went about wrecking it reminded me of a friend who ruined his marriage to an amazing girl with 2 kids by going out and getting drunk, then fucking a swamp-donkey.

Wat.

Yeah, they copied pracel storm 4 times and called it a new DLC. The vehicle choise is really boring because its always the same. A skilled pilot in a attack jet will lock down the whole map on every map.

Good. Gooood.

they copied paracel 4 times? what the fuck are you talking about lol

So, the test servers on the PS4 are near-perfect in terms of rubberbanding and hit detection. Absolute minimum packet loss I've experienced in forever with this game. Too bad it is only Conquest on Operation Mortar.

Mortar sort of reminds me of Iwo Jima in a way too.

Top Bottom