• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Overdoziz

Banned
For those who played it, do they lighten up on the QTEs in Tomb Raider 2013? I just started the game for the first time and I'm really close to just shutting it down.
There's a pretty steady flow of diarrhea covered QTEs throughout the game as far as I can remember.

Acorn

For those who played it, do they lighten up on the QTEs in Tomb Raider 2013? I just started the game for the first time and I'm really close to just shutting it down.
Nah, it's pretty consistent through out. Game is ok if you forget it's supposed to be tomb raider though.

Snakepit

Whats up PC BF4 gaf, I just discovered this community so I thought I would drop in,

If anyone would like to play my Battlelog name is:Choppersd.

Since none of my friends have this game it would be cool to play with y'all

Oh, not to crap on last night's Rush games, but I have feeling when people get their heads out of their asses, the new maps won't be so easy.

I'm not sure what map it was but after the first wave tried to get ashore, literally 10 or so attackers set up on an island 200+ meters out and started sniping at the defenders. I called it a UCAV buffet; I managed 7 kills, including a triple. It also made the game last twice as long.

Ark

Do not expect to be satisfied by the end of Tomb Raider.

It's worse than BF4.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Oh, not to crap on last night's Rush games, but I have feeling when people get their heads out of their asses, the new maps won't be so easy.

I'm not sure what map it was but after the first wave tried to get ashore, literally 10 or so attackers set up on an island 200+ meters out and started sniping at the defenders. I called it a UCAV buffet; I managed 7 kills, including a triple. It also made the game last twice as long.

Yeah, that was a bad round. One problem that dice had developed with rush maps starting in water is that they give you room on land to establish a beach head or anything. Karg had a long beach and hills on either side for a smart team to set up in. Canals had the whole container area on the one side away from the mcoms. All bf4 maps, if you don't get on land with that first rush, it gets a lot harder to do so.

levolution is only cool on siege of shanghai and paracel storm. it sucks big time otherwise.

sniping is impossible in gulf of oman after the storm hits

B9fm0yZ.png
Oh my that saltiness HAHAHAHAHA
Atleast he said we we're good.

Managed to get all of the weapon related NS assignments and trophies done in 7 games.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

With the old cannon one, I got lucky, went on the cannon, two snipers standing in front of it. Profit.

mitchman

Gold Member
As an avid user of active radar, its the dumbest weapon DICE has ever put in a game. The range is absurd, its incredibly easy to use, there is little to no warning before it hits and its fire and forget so you can switch back to main gun and take done air almost instantly.

The most powerful weapons should be the most difficult to use which is the exact opposite of what DICE has done. Lowering the capacity of rockets has changed nothing.

They did nerf MAA significantly in a patch recently, the active radar missiles are not quite a fire-and-forget anymore, you have to aim them much more and estimate if they are within a 3 degree cone when it gets to the point that the radar can kick in.

iamjohn

I thought people online had been exaggerating the rubber banding issues. I played it for myself today and I'd just like to say....you guys aren't. What a sham.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Tried Conquest, Titan and Rush... all were laggy. ;_;

The maps look legit cool (Though they had a bunch of LOD and BSP issues) but man i havent been able to play a single match without crazy lag.

Tomb Raider is pretty decent, but naming it TR was a complete miss. It is an entirely different experience that does okay on it's own. They should also never start a game off with that many QTEs! I was ready to call it quits when I had to start the LT/RT smashing. Luckily, I powered through and came out the other end pleasantly surprised. So far, at least.

Edit: Chit, I meant to post this in the OT. Oh well, CHINA DON'T CARE.

Omni

For some reason there are no Naval Strike Australian servers on 360. Well they aren't showing up in my browser. Will check again tonight whatever the case... but damn. How annoying.

I wanted to play some when I got home

Kak.efes

People weren't kiddin' about carrier assault. Frame drops in the teens, and I swear probably single digits at times on Mortar. The mode itself is nothing too great either. Rubber banding all around.

People weren't kiddin' about carrier assault. Frame drops in the teens, and I swear probably single digits at times on Mortar. The mode itself is nothing too great either. Rubber banding all around.

A good game mode imo, i like the gamble we can take by "base racing" (going straight for both m-coms when both ships are open and then first one to plant B wins)
Though it's a bit of a cluster fuck in the carrier. And is it me or does the game make the team who has less flags lose really quicker? What I mean is US has 3 flags and CN has 2, in like 2 minutes, CN's ship has already been breached and US is still at 85%...
I think someone talked about it early and I agree, they should increase the time between each missiles fired. The game has a limit timer of 60 minutes. (I think) and it ends in what? 8-12 minutes?

Semper88

Tried to play yesterday, the rubber banding was worse then ever for me.

took 1 step forth and 3 steps back with every move.

The new LMG is awesome btw.

I guess latency would be much better for a lot of EU PS4 players if the servers would be on mainland Europe instead of Dublin. That doesn't fix the rubberbanding but it certainly wouldn't hurt my ping when the servers would be in Germany/France/etc. instead of being routed through a deep-sea cable. Within mainland EU my ping is ~12-20ms better than to Dublin.

Top Bottom