• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Holy shit game changer

Someone on reddit suggested that people with NS on the PS4 (maybe it works with all maps?) Should play on Asian servers for a rubber band free experience.

I just tried two games, and it was magnificent. But I need others on here to try it and report back.

Cronnie

Oh great, guess that explains it, was wondering why there were even more people than usual that seemed to sponge bullets, guess it's people from other regions playing on Asian ones.

Hystzen

I really need get back into groove of this spent alot of time with BF3 but 4 been slacking. Also applied for GAF platoon think playing with other Gaf members will be blast but im in EU so might be pain setting up games.

The only really rubberbanding map so for had for naval is Mount Mortar it pretty terrible even on Rush (which hilariously unbalanced as defenders can easily lock down first objectives)

terrible

Banned
Holy shit game changer

Someone on reddit suggested that people with NS on the PS4 (maybe it works with all maps?) Should play on Asian servers for a rubber band free experience.

I just tried two games, and it was magnificent. But I need others on here to try it and report back.

Reminds me of BC2 when us North Americans had to play on European servers to get rid of the rubber banding early on w/ the PS3 version.

No more jam?

Seems to work fine now. Since there's so little V recoil on it now I'm going to try a heavy barrel and something else next time I play now that I have it unlocked. It's feeling like the KH2002 to me now. It's not even jamming on me and I'm trying to spam it excessively to see if it will.

Bailey 87

Am I crazy for considering buying premium even though I know the new maps are a laggy mess, I have no interest in playing the battlefield 3 maps and I already have china rising?

I blame my friends for not playing on the old maps so to play with them I have to part with £40 just to not have games with randoms :(

I really need get back into groove of this spent alot of time with BF3 but 4 been slacking. Also applied for GAF platoon think playing with other Gaf members will be blast but im in EU so might be pain setting up games.

pff, eurogaf plays regularly on our evenings!

Lost Island Obliteration is fucking sniper heaven. My second game there I learned to just camp an island on the edge and only move once the bomb was picked up.

In general, these maps are also javelin heaven. (Why no one figured out that strategy on Rogue or Golmud is beyond me).

Hovercraft are appropriately squishy, but given the overabundance of javs, a bit of a pain to use. I tried to deploy countermeasures while piloting one last night.

Oh, love the AWS (The M27 is back!) but somehow everyone else using it really takes some of the fun out of it.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Lost Island Obliteration is fucking sniper heaven. My second game there I learned to just camp an island on the edge and only move once the bomb was picked up.

In general, these maps are also javelin heaven. (Why no one figured out that strategy on Rogue or Golmud is beyond me).

Hovercraft are appropriately squishy, but given the overabundance of javs, a bit of a pain to use. I tried to deploy countermeasures while piloting one last night.

Oh, love the AWS (The M27 is back!) but somehow everyone else using it really takes some of the fun out of it.

It's like the M27?!?! Oh, I need to get this gun unlocked!

SJS

What's your loadout for it? Compensator angled grip?

edit: having some sorts of an identity crisis when it comes to non lmg guns.

Heavy Barrel + Ergo Grip. There's no major recoil to be working with even when you use this combo, so it's absolutely optimal. (Not that you shouldn't be maximizing your accuracy with this combo whenever it's practical.)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How is it that the terrain decoration graphical bug still exists?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How is it that the terrain decoration graphical bug still exists?

Because optimization. "WOW ALL SETTINGS ON HIGH/ULTRA!"

I'm thankful it, personally. Don't need to change settings and can say I can run on Ultra at 55-60FPS

Overdoziz

Banned
Asking for a refund on Premium really paid off!

7LBaX.png

Reese-015

I used to play BF2 very casually, BF3 a tiny bit as well, loved both but gotta say I am liking BF4 way more. I'm still a very casual player but goddamn pretty much whatever game mode I'm playing I am just loving the flow of it. Most immersive multiplayer fps I've played thus far and has so much to offer.

Overdoziz

Banned
In the end I got a silver battlepack, gold battlepack and a 15% discount code for Origin. Apparently their policy doesn't allow for refunds on DLC. Well, DLC map packs anyway, but they do allow refunds on digital copies of games because reasons.

In the end I got a silver battlepack, gold battlepack and a 15% discount code for Origin. Apparently their policy doesn't allow for refunds on DLC. Well, DLC map packs anyway, but they do allow refunds on digital copies of games because reasons.

Get BF3 Premium with your discount

Were you able to get a refund for the main game?

7LCUl.png

It's just a matter of time!

haha, the EA customer service guy i talked with only offered me a beta key to some scrappy MOBA :(

couldnt even fix my BF4 Beta dogtags!!11111 :D :D

When did you bought it?

bought premium day 1.

Sony is gonna say the same. Digital sales aren't really "refundable" in most cases.

Yeah i know :/ gotta try anyways to show some rebel spirit. here in PAL Land we do atleast have pretty strict customer service priviledges so i'm hoping i can get a refund as the "product" is not working as intended.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dunno if you can get a refund after several months of using Premium.

We should after several months of consistent rubberbanding.
Agreed but there might be some disclaimer like "Cant refund after a month" or something like that.

And it pains me to say it... but im close to quitting the game.
It hasnt worked in months for me :( Havent been able to play NS yet!

Dunno if you can get a refund after several months of using Premium.

in europe the product manufacturer has a resposibility for the service or product's main functionality even after the general 2 week refund period or 1 year warranty. especially if it's falsely advertised. Which in this case i could argue that the new maps are unplayable for their Premium Exclusivity period atleast.

We should after several months of consistent rubberbanding.

indeed.

Ark

I remember that feeling. Congrats on the milestone. You're now a part of the top 6% club.

I'm currently going for a 3 (at 2.55 now)... I make 0.01+ progress a day. Slow but steady wins the game, I suppose.

Is that top 6% of all players on all platforms? Damn.

Ark

Guys

I'm commanding a PS4 game on Lost Islands 64-player conquest on my iPad Mini and the fucking icons are rubberbanding. The icons are rubberbanding. Wow.

No_Style

Guys

I'm commanding a PS4 game on Lost Islands 64-player conquest on my iPad Mini and the fucking icons are rubberbanding. The icons are rubberbanding. Wow.

LOL. At this point it's so sad that it's funny.

Did any of the recent patches fix the SP? Maybe I'll play that. I didn't see any mention of save corruption fixes for PS4.

SJS

Excellent series with GAF since the last post. That K/D I just mentioned went up .016. Got some sweet kill as HVT bonuses too. Skill went to 493... maybe I can beat my record if I keep it up!

Is that top 6% of all players on all platforms? Damn.

On PS4. You can use bf4stats.com to get more detailed stats.

For example, you currently have an 0.952 kills per minute stat, which sounds bad, but it in fact puts you in the top 10% of PS4 players in that category.

http://bf4stats.com/ps4/arkano6

That said... doing some basic calculations, I figured out that the PC leaderboard's top 6% in K/D has a 2.077+ K/D. If that's the population you want to compare to, you're not far off from their 6% either.

Ark

Oh god. You shouldn't have shown me this site.

I'm surprised to see I'm top 1% for the CBJ-MS. That gun is godly if you can figure out how to use it; I'd keep on using it but I tend to get bored of guns after I get over 1k kills on them.

EDIT: Top 2% for ribbons per round? I feel like that sounds more impressive than it really is.

njean777

I cannot believe conquest is still broken on PS4, this game has been out for months and it still rubber bands I mean FFS get this shit fixed. I am never buying premium or BF again until I hear on GAF that it isn't complete shit. The real problem is that I really like this game, but just cannot play it without some caveat.

I cannot believe conquest is still broken on PS4, this game has been out for months and it still rubber bands I mean FFS get this shit fixed. I am never buying premium or BF again until I hear on GAF that it isn't complete shit. The real problem is that I really like this game, but just cannot play it without some caveat.

Play's fine on the xbone.

Top Bottom