• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

I just bought my ps4 and bf4, so ya I'm a nub, can't wait to play with yall

Yeah I just joined via BF4 digital + PS4 upgrade. It just finished downloading fully today. I played with some of you on Bad Company 2/BF3 PS3 and now I'm hopping up again.

I usually play engineer, but wont play super heavy because of school crunch time ironically to finally graduate with my degree in engineering.

<3 GAF Battlefield Clans

lingpanda

Recently purchased BF4 for PS4 and it seems to be stuck installing on the latest patch. Tried deleting and downloading again with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Is a common problem with trying to join a server and getting stuck on a black loading screen? Jesus this game.

Also not the games fault. Tried to close the application because I thought it froze, went to reopen...realize I deleted the whole fucking thing instead.

God dammit Sony, this close and delete thing being super close thing is not fun. Change the option to quit or make it super noticeable about the difference. bah

Dr Prob

Banned
Is a common problem with trying to join a server and getting stuck on a black loading screen? Jesus this game.

Getting stuck on that loading screen used to happen a lot, then the issue vanished but has now returned in all its glory over the last few days. It's certainly less than ideal, but technically you rarely actually get stuck. If you wait it out (a few minutes) the map will eventually load, and the problem generally affects everyone, so it's not as if the match is going on without you--the entire server is sitting there staring at the thing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LOL finally roadkilled someone on the dirtbike for the Origin achievement.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Glad I quit being a baby and stuck with the DMRs. Unlocked the SKS and a scope, and it's a perfect fit.

Ark

The machine gun on the AC130 is an absolute freaking beast now. Actually the everything on the AC130 is a beast now.

Getting stuck on that loading screen used to happen a lot, then the issue vanished but has now returned in all its glory over the last few days. It's certainly less than ideal, but technically you rarely actually get stuck. If you wait it out (a few minutes) the map will eventually load, and the problem generally affects everyone, so it's not as if the match is going on without you--the entire server is sitting there staring at the thing.

Thanks for the heads up.
Now to wait for all 36 gigs + patch to redownload.

Ark

does it still have the health of a wet brown paper bag?

You can shoot the thing out of the sky with one pass of a Fantan/Warthog but most people don't bother shooting it down or if they do they take multiple runs giving you a chance to bail.

By the way, does anyone know why the AC130 respawns instantly on Naval Strike? I spent almost an entire game shooting the AC130 out of the sky with a Fantan.

HiiiLife

This is my first time really jumping into a Battlefield game, and I'm loving it. I've played BF3 on 360 and it just felt meh. Was always envious of the PC version getting the true experience. Though I have it on PS4, I'm having quite the time on it. Graphics are easy on the eyes, 64 players and a smooth frame rate? I love it.

I'm most likely gonna go premium. Is EA planning on releasing a BF5 in 2014?

Ark

This is my first time really jumping into a Battlefield game, and I'm loving it. I've played BF3 on 360 and it just felt meh. Was always envious of the PC version getting the true experience. Though I have it on PS4, I'm having quite the time on it. Graphics are easy on the eyes, 64 players and a smooth frame rate? I love it.

I'm most likely gonna go premium. Is EA planning on releasing a BF5 in 2014?

We aren't playing the same game.

You can shoot the thing out of the sky with one pass of a Fantan/Warthog but most people don't bother shooting it down or if they do they take multiple runs giving you a chance to bail.

By the way, does anyone know why the AC130 respawns instantly on Naval Strike? I spent almost an entire game shooting the AC130 out of the sky with a Fantan.

isn't that how it is on every map? the commander can respawn it instantly if they have that base?

Ark

YES.

I was talking to Dominick about this earlier. So easy to get kills from that now. I wonder how many people realise?

I was playing Operation Mortar and we had every base except Bravo. The enemy AC130 completely shut down any attempts we made at storming the hill; hopefully people won't realise how OP it is too quickly ;)

Really? I haven't had any problems since I've been playing. But I've only been playing for about a day. Lol. I just barely got my PS4 on Friday.

The frame rate on 64-player Conquest will vary anywhere from 3 to 60. It's definitely not smooth though - at least for me.

isn't that how it is on every map? the commander can respawn it instantly if they have that base?

Does the gunship not have a set amount of spawns like the cruise missile? It just seemed kinda nuts that there was no cool down period from me shooting it down to it respawning.

Can someone explain to me why Naval Strike Conquest is still unplayable?

Oh, and Lancang Dam is still broken. That's nice.

#BasedDice

I took the advice from people in this thread and jumped on a DICE test server that was running Operation Mortar only, it was absolutely perfectly lag-free and playable.

terrible

Banned
GAF is OP. Needs a nerf.

XVyXq5Z.jpg

I was playing Operation Mortar and we had every base except Bravo. The enemy AC130 completely shut down any attempts we made at storming the hill; hopefully people won't realise how OP it is too quickly ;)

Does the gunship not have a set amount of spawns like the cruise missile? It just seemed kinda nuts that there was no cool down period from me shooting it down to it respawning.

I can't wait for Rent-A-Server so that there are finally Conquest servers with Commander turned off (assuming people even want to pay any more to DICE/EA). Commander in BF4 is a joke compared to BF2.

terrible

Banned
After this round everbody left except for 8 people on the other team. We were playing 5 against 8 and won with 770 tickets...

Yeah, basically the entire enemy team quit after that game I was in with you guys. That's why I left. As fun as spawn trapping enemies in their uncap can be I opted out of that lol.

TheSeks

If you use the same origin account will your stats carryover between console and pc? Or premium status?

No. And double-no.

What, you expect EA to be generous? Buy premium a second time, MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Though if you get it on PC later you can generally get Premium on sale. Something that's rare on consoles

No. And double-no.

What, you expect EA to be generous? Buy premium a second time, MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Though if you get it on PC later you can generally get Premium on sale. Something that's rare on consoles

Yea my hopes weren't high but I was thinking of switching from ps4 to pc. I don't know how much more rubber banding I can take

Kak.efes

All the NS maps look really great, OP Mortar especially. I think people have figured out rush though; everybody just needs to equip javelin to win. I saw an attack boat use active protection to dodge 4-5 javelins, only to die instantly right after everybody reloaded.

TheSeks

jesus, the minis got nerfed hard.

They're my third most used weapon now replacing the RPK, IIRC. So I've went back to the default/old-school Frag Grenade to ween myself off them before the nerf hits PC. But it's sooo hard to go back to just one grenade after spamming.

uberluigi

Banned
Bought the game last night on my Xbone and enjoying it so far, the movement and aiming feels kinda different like almost Killzone like? (First time playing a battlefield game)

BTW is the game finally fixed because I haven't experienced any bugs or crashes just a little lag and the occasional frame drops.

Also I was thinking of getting the premium but should I wait and what are the benefits on getting the package. Gamertag is in my profile if anyone wants to add me.

Kabuto

wow just went into a server and had the worse netcode experience in a long time. Every time someone saw me I instantly died; couldn't even get a shot into them. I shot a guy 5 times in the head and he didn't die.

oh and the screen randomly shook like there a levelution but it was Operation Locker Dom.

mitchman

Gold Member
If the BF4 test server is anything to go by, we should be seeing some major improvements to the netcode and rubberbanding on NS and elsewhere. Op Mortar was lag free on it.

Facism

patch plus naval strike is downloading for BF4 PC.

533mb for the patch, 4.9gb for the expansion.

edit: LOL NETWORK TIMEOUT

Top Bottom