• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Milly79

That last game on Siege was brutal. Luckily all that Eka clan could do was vehicle whore.

And that standoff against the tank on Golmud was hilarious to me for some reason.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok going HAM on Test Servers later tonight then.

Dr Prob

Banned
...that standoff against the tank on Golmud was hilarious to me for some reason.

That tank was our white whale :D

That last game on Siege was brutal. Luckily all that Eka clan could do was vehicle whore.

Their chopper team was really good. One of them is named Mike_Clitoris; dude has like 9,000+ kills in the attack helis. Managed to rub him at the start though
:/

bf4mc6subt.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have you seen Titanfall Mode? ZZZZZzzzzz... get the carrier to board mode: Get in underground, go up stairs. Clear them out. Jump down stairs while reloading (since DICE doesn't allow you to shoot while jumping anymore) and prepare for B.

Armed in 5 mins, generally.

Interiors seem a maze at first until you been on the carrier for like five minutes (haven't been able to get top-side outside of spawning on a helicopter, if that's possible?) and it boils down to that.

That tank was our white whale :D

Their chopper team was really good. One of them is named Mike_Clitoris; dude has like 9,000+ kills in the attack helis. Managed to rub him at the start though
:/

bf4mc6subt.gif

I mean I managed to shoot down some helis before with the tank but most of the time it's just a prayer and I got lucky. Same for RPG hits.

And with the AP shell? Forget it, without the sabot I might as well ignore the chopper.

The parachute spawn is also ridiculous, not to mention people can just get the enemy's vehicles incredibly easily as well.

It's par for the course to be honest, even in BF3, DICE pretty much does the bare minimum when making a new expansion specific mode and move on with little to no changes. Tank and Air Superiority comes to mind.

On another note, I love the buffed miniguns, holy shit.

tank superiority, while barebones, was decently fun in bf3.

in talking about the bare minimum, domination being hamfisted into truncated versions of all the maps in bf4 instead of receiving dedicated maps suited to the cqc was a horrible idea. where the hell is bf4's equivalent of ziba tower and operation 925.

tank superiority, while barebones, was decently fun in bf3.

in talking about the bare minimum, domination being hamfisted into truncated versions of all the maps in bf4 instead of receiving dedicated maps suited to the cqc was a horrible idea. where the hell is bf4's equivalent of ziba tower and operation 925.

Lost Islands on Domination is three points set inside the carrier and is pretty well suited for close quarters combat.

TheSeks

Nansha Strike Rush:

Poop from butt. No redeeming qualities. Two sets are inside ONE carrier and it's basically a choke-point Operation Metro/Locker.

(Okay, first two sets are outside. Last two are inside. Okay to ass quickly)

Lost Islands Rush:

Okay-ish... not great, but not like Nansha Strike, which is a good thing.

Operation Mortar:

Decent. A little too open for my taste (and lag made the defend round a steamroll) but I could see this getting some play in Rush rotations.

xBladeM6x

I'm loving Carrier Assault, and the new maps. However I'm getting tired of people saying;

Them - "Wow, dey fukd up dis gaem moed."
Me - "Why?"
Them - "Cuz bro. Dey jus did."
Me - "Uhh, how?"
Them - "CUZ BRO ITZ FUKD UP."

Fucking idiots. This has been happening all day. If there's one thing I love about the PC version, is that there's a keyboard chat, so everyone can have some input. What sucks, is when people use it to fill the chat with bullshit.

TheSeks

Dear EA/DICE: If you don't report a ping back to me but Valve and other server hosts do, the problem with lagging is on your end loves.

Please fix it, I would like to play for more than set hours.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Played on Test Servers (3 Ping bars even!)... i cant believe BF4 can run this smooth @________@

Since release the game worked for about a 3-4 weeks without issues for me until it became unplayable, i really hope that these Test Servers are a sign of things to come.

-griffy-

Banned
How do you find these test servers on PS4? I went through the server browser but didn't see anything to indicate test servers
In the server browser press R1 until you are in the search tab, then click R3 to edit search and just search for "test" and you should find them.

Snakepit

Been playing Naval Strike but its continues to lag a bit not sure if its just the server but for the most part I like it a lot, its a cool change of pace.

Klocker

Naval Strike played pretty well tonight on x1.

first time I've been able to stay in a game without rubber banding since it launched...

all other maps solid as usual on x1

mitchman

Gold Member
whaha awesome!

i shot the cannon randomly into nothing and hit a sniper in tha face awesome stuff :)

Same, fired it at some island and hit some guy on the 2nd try. Nice splash damage radius, it's almost useful as a general weapon. Achievement unlocked!

ChrisW

GAF guys on PS4 this evening? If so invite me to a game, I'll be on from about 7pm till late again. Was fun actually playing with a full squad working together.

ChrisW

Do you guys prefer to feather shoot or to control the recoil? I've usually been feathering, but I think it's making me lose a lot of shoot outs with people firing a full magazine at me

deadlast

Do you guys prefer to feather shoot or to control the recoil? I've usually been feathering, but I think it's making me lose a lot of shoot outs with people firing a full magazine at me
I feather only with lmgs. Otherwise I aim at the nuts and let the recoil take care of the rest.

Really depends on the weapon. If not much recoil is added per shot and side-to-side is manageable, I go full auto. Otherwise, feather.

Hey guys, I just got BF4 today and am wondering if anyone has tips for a newcomer. This is my first battlefield game and I'd like to avoid looking like a total noob and pissing people off with my lack of know how.

Top Bottom