• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

RedAssedApe

Banned
Sigh...IGN with a big disclaimer at the beginning of their review.

On PlayStation 4, Battlefield 4 suffers from a handful of irritating launch issues. The 1.50 firmware update caused a number of issues.

AmyS

I don't know why you use battlelog. It is not needed unless I am missing something. You just have to use server browser with the right settings.

I gave up on trying server browser within the PS4 game itself on Sunday. Unless I wasn't doing something right, or unless it's been improved a lot since then, I don't see why I should go back.

Even if games connected fine just within PS4, it's also great to have a full screen map on a small screen (the battlescreen) that I can just turn my head to glance at if I need to. It makes navigating much easier for me.

Also filtering things is so much nicer with the 2nd screen and mouse. Any cheap laptop will probably do. Don't need an expensive tablet. Most people have lowend laptops anyway.

I'll test out server browser within the game again just for the heck of it to see if I stay connected as long as I do the other way, but the first few days of doing everything within PS4 since launch, I absolutely hated it.

Was actually able to play some Rush matches today and had a fucking blast. Game crashed after the third match but still, that's better than before. This game is so damn good when it works, really hoping those that pick it up on the X1 don't go through this same nightmare.

ev0

I had no problems playing any match (sans conquest) until Dice did whatever they did to the PS4 servers a couple days ago. Now I can still get into matches, but eventually get booted everytime.

"Check your network connection"
Yeah it's on my end. Fuck you EA/Dice!
What's funny about these journalists is that they are going home to play their favorite games like BF4, they run into these major issues just like us where they can't even play the game for days and weeks at a time but they don't think its necessary to write up about it. ????

Gartooth

All I can say is that I'm keeping a watchful eye on this thread. If this game's shit isn't fixed by mid-December then I'm exchanging it for another game from Amazon. (before the 30 day deadline is up)

I'm honestly more disappointed in Sony for certifying this shit for launch. Guess I'm going back to black-listing all EA games after this just like I've been doing for the past 18 months.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The most disgusting issue with this whole thing is that the game is being advertised as the highest reviewed next gen shooter and it doesn't even fucking work.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I must say though, when it does work, it is awesome.

For me it's just extra heartbreaking since BF is the only game I play significant amounts of MP in having that longevity at the PS4's launch is exciting. Was planning on getting Premium right out of the gate too. I figured there would be issues but I was expecting to just be able to play SP in the mean time, but that's busted as well.

LowSignal

Just loaded up BF 4 and was welcomed to a error CE-34878-0! I was so excited to play this game because I loved the 360 version and I even kept playing it when conquest didn't work on PS4 but now my safe file is corrupt and I can't even play multiplayer without getting an error code. This is very disappointing at least unlike the PC version I can sale/trade this game.

Just sent mine back to Amazon for a refund, not paying full price for a launch game that doesn't work. I'll pick it up again when it works right, probably for half price.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Just loaded up BF 4 and was welcomed to a error CE-34878-0! I was so excited to play this game because I loved the 360 version and I even kept playing it when conquest didn't work on PS4 but now my safe file is corrupt and I can't even play multiplayer without getting an error code. This is very disappointing at least unlike the PC version I can sale/trade this game.

I deleted my save data (should only affect SP stuff if you're connected to Battlelog) and it seemed to work. Occasionally it would still get crashes, but those would come and go in waves. When it crashed, it crashed a lot, but once it started working, it worked for a long time. If all else fails, you can delete everything and reinstall the game.

Still can't play conquest of any sort, and it's hard to find Rush or Obliteration games, but I'm having enough fun with Squad Deathmatch, and taking time to unlock weapons and attatchments.

Urgh, friggin' XP boost BS. I opened my level 10 gold battlepack and got three XP boosts, one camo, and one attachment for a gun I don't use.

I am actually not too upset about this as I have a few other games that actually work.

However, I am willing to rage on EA for the folks that can only afford a game at launch and they chose this one. Shit is not acceptable.

I also just lost all my campaign progress and have not once been able to play online. Crap.
1401828_10202515835441612_1125435306_o.jpg

fritolay

Shutdown, not go to stand by, your PS4. Then start up again. If issue still exists your game data is probably getting corrupt. Delete it. Should work now.

Alchemist

All I can say is that I'm keeping a watchful eye on this thread. If this game's shit isn't fixed by mid-December then I'm exchanging it for another game from Amazon. (before the 30 day deadline is up)

I'm honestly more disappointed in Sony for certifying this shit for launch. Guess I'm going back to black-listing all EA games after this just like I've been doing for the past 18 months.

Maybe they're not fully aware of the situation? Someone @yosp.

While I'm posting...

ONCE AGAIN - DICE ships a Battlefield game with BUGS, GLITCHES AND HORRIBLE ONLINE CONNECTIVITY.

10+ YEARS OF BATTLEFIELD GAMES AND WE'RE STILL HAVING THESE ISSUES AT LAUNCH?!?!?!?!

COME ON EA!!! COME ONE DICE!!!

Maybe this is why CoD always sells more. It may be inferior TECH, but they sure as hell make sure their servers WORK!!!
As long as they plan on releasing them as often as they do with the DLC plan they use, it'll never change.

FaintDeftone

I just completely gave up with the game for now. I have both Killzone and Ghosts to play through and both include good multiplayer modes, so I'll go back to Battlefield when I get bored with those two; hopefully by then they'll have their shit together.

LowSignal

Thanks Frito lay and creaking, that's what I did after I posted just to see what would happen. It's just frustrating that I bought the game thinking I would get to relax and Play 64 player conquest without too many issues. I'm just so upset, I wonder if the Xbox one version is going to be be in the same boat. I already beat single player I just want to Fix tanks and helicopters... is that too much to ask EA?

Doran902

i havent been able to play 1 full online game without crashing and lost all my sp data, reinstalled about 10 times and just gave up on the game entirely

i was genuinely looking forward to this game, it was my most anticipated ps4 game and the only game i bought with the console............since then ive picked up black flag and killzone but i can imagine some of the kids or people who could only get 1 game and got this unplayable mess, not good ea or dice or whoever is responsible

Hilti92

Game crashed 3 times tonight, corrupting my saves twice. Is this a problem with my game or PS4 itself? I've had no trouble playing it before tonight..

Top Bottom