• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

LowSignal

It comes down to the game wasn't ready to be released but they pushed it out anyway. Even the PS3/360 versions that work better still have issues with freezing, not being able to join as a group, booting, and other random issues. I think they need to release the first DLC as a small good will to the gamers, even double XP for a week for anyone who logged in while it was broken, something to apologize for the loan we gave them while they finished the game.

It's the game.

True.

The majority of the problems are with the dedicated server application they have developed. On the PC it took like 12 server updates before most of the crashes stopped. Not to say there isn't client issues as well, but most of the problems are definitely on the backend.

wwm0nkey

If you guys did not know, BF4 is also the only game that doea not support audio recording via capture. So all your clips will be pretty eh without audio.

Game was so rushed.

todahawk

I also just lost all my campaign progress and have not once been able to play online. Crap.
1401828_10202515835441612_1125435306_o.jpg

got that about 7x last night... lost all campaign progress the night before that. But what's really annoying is that i'm using veteran button configs and southpaw stick configs and each time my save corrupted all of my MP settings were lost too. SONOFA

AmyS

I've played quite a number of games without crashing but still the overall majority of games do crash, still.

I've had corrupted saves 3 times since I started playing Saturday. The in-game server browser is still worthless.

Hopefully we'll get Second Assault for free with all this nonsense.

TheZink

I used to be able to at least get in a match. Now nothing but failed to join the game errors. I literally bought my ps4 just to play this one game. Disappointed would be the correct word right now.
Edit. Well now it worked.
Edit. Lost connection.

Lebron

Not only can I not play any MP, but I can't play SP correctly either because I keep getting some damn error and losing my progress. I've almost beat this one level 4 times already. Amazing. I'm going for 10

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finally got to the main menu. There's a bulletin that says commander mode has been disabled to issues. Is this new?

SRTtoZ

If you guys did not know, BF4 is also the only game that doea not support audio recording via capture. So all your clips will be pretty eh without audio.

Game was so rushed.

NBA2k14 cant either. Probably something to do with the soundtrack.

DoctorZ

NBA2k14 cant either. Probably something to do with the soundtrack.

If it was due to the soundtrack then instead of just removing the feature they could have worked around it. Having an option that when selected let you record audio, but it disables all music in game. Maybe it a system limitation, but that seems like an easy workaround.

Darknight

People should raise a stink on twitter and facebook. Demand at least a psn credit for all customers who bought it.

Hell yea. At this point they should just give us Day1 users a free Premium membership.

Their main game mode is broken and let say you buy BF games for the shit SP (lol), that mode is broken as well!!! I cant believe how bad it is.

Gaz_RB

Hell yea. At this point they should just give us Day1 users a free Premium membership.

Their main game mode is broken and let say you buy BF games for the shit SP (lol), that mode is broken as well!!! I cant believe how bad it is.

I'm down with this

Well guess ill hold us playing BF4 for a while, hopefully these errors can be fixed during the the Thanksgiving break. Want to show off the power of the PS4 to the family members XD.

SpaceHorror

Launch problems are launch problems. However, I think it is pretty sad that EA/DICE won't have a patch out until "early next week." Furthermore, it's even more worrying that they are being very cagey about it all, pretending like it isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Is this the next gen pre-order model? Pay up front, get the game, but you can't play it for two weeks.

Gotta say though, all the jokes on Battlefield's Facebook page on every single post that they make are amusing as hell. It's almost worth it.

Thorgi

After EA botched Battlefield 4 across all platforms, and their horrific SimCity launch, I feel like they're burning through almost all of their credibility. People won't keep buying the latest Battlefield or EA game if shit's broken.

Gaz_RB

After EA botched Battlefield 4 across all platforms, and their horrific SimCity launch, I feel like they're burning through almost all of their credibility. People won't keep buying the latest Battlefield or EA game if shit's broken.

Yeah they will

fritolay

Game was so rushed.

Thanks. I was wondering if I had something set wrong when I was looking at videos. No audio well that is just dumb.

bob page

Was thinking the same thing while I was trying to play earlier. I can't remember the last time they had a successful launch.

Well I manged to have an hour where I could play, still got disconnected 5 times but had a blast. Then I left and came back to enjoy a crash, my save being corrupted, then 3 crashes in a row.

Across the entire 360/PS3 game history, I've never experienced such a terribly broken title. While waiting for the multiplayer to be fixed I actually considered playing the single player and having lost the hour I put into it now, I'm fighting back the urge to sell it to gamestop for nothing.

CDV13

Im gonna play freaking Ghost's campaign now because of this one losing my file a few times. Oh well, I was halfway through and it wasn't very good anyway. Can't wait to finally play some 64 player games though, Rush has been hella fun so far.

CrovaxPSO

After being shot and killed as I respawn dozens of times, I finally noticed that on the deploy screen, the small preview image changes to my first person view before the screen fades out and back in as I respawn. So my character is there, back in the game, before I can even move, for at least a second. Is this a lag issue or just how the respawning works in Battlefield? It's really annoying.

Hellcrow

After being shot and killed as I respawn dozens of times, I finally noticed that on the deploy screen, the small preview image changes to my first person view before the screen fades out and back in as I respawn. So my character is there, back in the game, before I can even move, for at least a second. Is this a lag issue or just how the respawning works in Battlefield? It's really annoying.

That is how it works. You are open for around a second to be killed when you spawn. Take the "warning" sign on to preview seriously, because it is very common to kill freshly spawned squadmates.

Jack_AG

Banned
People should raise a stink on twitter and facebook. Demand at least a psn credit for all customers who bought it.
Yep. I'd love to hit Twitter up right now but the new update completely broke Twitter on my phone. Will have to do it later at a computer.

#fixbf4

Edit: just started it on G+ directed at +PlayStation, +Battlefield with hash tags #fixbf4 #ps4 #playstation #battlefield

Ooccoo

"Lost connection to the EA servers" each time I boot the game. Can't play multiplayer at all, the only reason I bought the game in the first place. And it seems there's no fix either.

Shadybiz

This game is still in shrink wrap. Should I exchange itfor ghost? 2k14? I

Anything that will make you happy, really. I don't play games to be frustrated by bugs. I went and exchanged mine for KZ. Buy BF4 used at a later date, if it ever gets to working order.

Rainy Dog

If there's no sign of an imminent fix for all this by the 29th, decided I'm gonna stick to KZ and NFS for my MP fixes at UK launch. Such a shame too as 64 player BF4 at 60fps with friends was the defacto reason for me getting a PS4 at launch.

Really isn't acceptable that the game launched in the state it did across the board, though. And just as unacceptable that yet again the mainstream gaming media isn't even bothering to touch upon stuff like this.

Just sent mine back to Amazon for a refund, not paying full price for a launch game that doesn't work. I'll pick it up again when it works right, probably for half price.

Shit, I just talked to them about a refund too and not only did they give me one but they let me keep the game. Though they did tell me to dispose of it.

AlphaQuack

Neo Member
Getting real tired of the game making my console freeze over and over. EA need to get their shit together and fix this game. I've had Battlefield 4 for about two weeks on the PS3 now and my console has frozen 5 times due to all kinds of reasons, the latest one being that i got a trophy! Yes, my console froze because i unlocked a frickin' trophy!

J-P

Neo Member

Isn't that the view of the person that you're going to spawn on?

TheZink

I got in 4 conquest matches this morning. All dropped out after less than two minutes but at least I was able to connect.

Vidpixel

Is there any particular reason why none of the major video game websites are really reporting on these issues or investigating them, minus just passively mentioning that DICE is working on a patch?

witness

Is there any particular reason why none of the major video game websites are really reporting on these issues or investigating them, minus just passively mentioning that DICE is working on a patch?

I was shocked how IGN just glossed over the the PS4 issues, made excuses for DICE, and gave it the same score as the PC version. Amazing.

Getting real tired of the game making my console freeze over and over. EA need to get their shit together and fix this game. I've had Battlefield 4 for about two weeks on the PS3 now and my console has frozen 5 times due to all kinds of reasons, the latest one being that i got a trophy! Yes, my console froze because i unlocked a frickin' trophy!

Peter Moore says the game is working great on their end. He doesn't know what you are talking about. Must be something on your end.

Honestly, when he tweeted that, it really disappointed me. He is the head of EA and acts like he has no idea the game is having all these problems. THAT IS HIS JOB!!!!

Is anyone having that bug/error where the error loads up when you start the game, and will not let you play singleplayer or multiplayer? I haven't tried again since that started happening this weekend. It was some type of network error, boots me to the home screen and will not let me even play single player. So disappointing.

Maybe because GAF hasn't started a twitter campaign yet, so coverage of this would take up page space and potentially diminish the number of clicks they get from the XB1 and PS4 launch hype articles? If this community creates enough of an outcry I am sure the gaming press will be all over it. As it is, we aren't even at 10 pages yet...

Top Bottom