• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Peter Moore says the game is working great on their end. He doesn't know what you are talking about. Must be something on your end.

Honestly, when he tweeted that, it really disappointed me. He is the head of EA and acts like he has no idea the game is having all these problems. THAT IS HIS JOB!!!!

Is anyone having that bug/error where the error loads up when you start the game, and will not let you play singleplayer or multiplayer? I haven't tried again since that started happening this weekend. It was some type of network error, boots me to the home screen and will not let me even play single player. So disappointing.

I was getting that error - regardless of deleting my save file - but others in here pointed out that mashing x furiously will get you past that (which, sadly, it does).

Another issue I am having - but one that may be related to the PS4 - if I hit the PS button and return to the UI then go back to the game, the only button on my controller that seems to function is the PS button. Seems to be isolated to BF4 at the moment.

Anyone give BF a try with the 1.51 ps patch? Conquest still doesn't work and server browser doesn't either but wasn't expecting those too didn't have time to try much else

Anyone give BF a try with the 1.51 ps patch? Conquest still doesn't work and server browser doesn't either but wasn't expecting those too didn't have time to try much else

I can't tell if it's better or not. Game still crashes and it corrupted my save data again, but I got some good Obliteration and TDM matches in. I'm also able to use the server browser just fine, but I was able to before. It might be slightly more stable, maybe?

Ljwinter

Banned
CE error? Was hoping the newest patch would fix that at least

CE error is an EA/Dice issue. Hope they get that patch out sooner than "early next week"

Is it confirmed you can complete the single player as long as you disconnect from the Internet? Or does the game still crash?

Jack_AG

Banned
CE error is an EA/Dice issue. Hope they get that patch out sooner than "early next week"

Is it confirmed you can complete the single player as long as you disconnect from the Internet? Or does the game still crash?
I completed it connected. I just did it in one go. Its pretty damn short and I recommend nobody play it since the game save corruption is saving you time from one of the worst campaigns in history. Fucking Minesweeper has more soul than this piece of trash.

AmyS

update:

After I let PS4 download the update and install it, when the resets were complete I fired up BF4 and got my 5th corrupted data since I started playing Saturday.

With that said, within the last hour I managed to stay in a game of Conquest Large on Floodzone for 34 minutes until my team lost but BF4 did not crash/disconnect this time.

What that means, I have no idea.

AmyS

I'm going to give myself a break from BF4 for a day or so. It's time to play some RESOGUN then open my copy of Killzone and install it.

Bizazedo

Peter Moore says the game is working great on their end. He doesn't know what you are talking about. Must be something on your end.

Honestly, when he tweeted that, it really disappointed me. He is the head of EA and acts like he has no idea the game is having all these problems. THAT IS HIS JOB!!!!

Is that a recent tweet? If so, it's seriously worth some rage.

update:

After I let PS4 download the update and install it, when the resets were complete I fired up BF4 and got my 5th corrupted data since I started playing Saturday.

With that said, within the last hour I managed to stay in a game of Conquest Large on Floodzone for 34 minutes until my team lost but BF4 did not crash/disconnect this time.

What that means, I have no idea.

I assume there was only a handful of people playing that match?

whogottricked

Neo Member

I've tried it. I got in a Conquest match but "lost connection." So I went to a Rush match, got in, and lost connection again. I tried a couple more times and the same thing happened. Perhaps its just my connection (but I've played Ghosts with no problems though). The game hasn't crashed on me though, just "lost connections." Single player works just fine, too.

I've tried it. I got in a Conquest match but "lost connection." So I went to a Rush match, got in, and lost connection again. I tried a couple more times and the same thing happened. Perhaps its just my connection (but I've played Ghosts with no problems though). The game hasn't crashed on me though, just "lost connections." Single player works just fine, too.

Probably not you. Since they updated something on their back end yesterday basically all game modes except TDM are borked

Is that a recent tweet? If so, it's seriously worth some rage.

It is, he was responding to someone. He basically said everything he is hearing on his end says things are fine, or something like. But he said he was happy to try and help.

I dont have the ability to post the tweet at work, but I saw it in the Official Battlefield Thread I believe.

Pastry

Banned
downloaded 1.51; went to test range; crashed before loading (ce error) and corrupted profile

re-downloaded profile, went to play online and got dropped after a few minutes

Goddamit... At least the absolutely fucking shitty state of BF4 is forcing me to play and finish the singleplayer in my other games.

Not sure what why, but me and a group of 3 were able to play about 8 game of rush last night. I guess the stars aligned. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

Definity

It is, he was responding to someone. He basically said everything he is hearing on his end says things are fine, or something like. But he said he was happy to try and help.

I dont have the ability to post the tweet at work, but I saw it in the Official Battlefield Thread I believe.

I told Peter the game was broke on PS4 and he responded with this:

yfJtxp3.png

After being shot and killed as I respawn dozens of times, I finally noticed that on the deploy screen, the small preview image changes to my first person view before the screen fades out and back in as I respawn. So my character is there, back in the game, before I can even move, for at least a second. Is this a lag issue or just how the respawning works in Battlefield? It's really annoying.

Oh wow-this explains so much. There have been so many times I've spawned into gunfire and immediately killed. I thought they were camping spawn points in TDM or something.

Evil Beaver

I played last night from about 5:00 - 7:30 PM PST and EVERY single game I was in (TDM, Obliteration, and Rush) I was disconnected from the session.

I thought it was just maybe my connection, but I was playing with a friend (it took a miracle from God to make that happen) and he got disconnected too.

I was on beast mode having fun, but after the problems I suffered last night I ejected the game and played CoD: Ghosts. 10 min into ghosts and I wanted to die. EA please! Fix the game and most importantly add a goddamn party system so I can play your game with my friends!

aro52

I played last night from about 5:00 - 7:30 PM PST and EVERY single game I was in (TDM, Obliteration, and Rush) I was disconnected from the session.

I thought it was just maybe my connection, but I was playing with a friend (it took a miracle from God to make that happen) and he got disconnected too.

I was on beast mode having fun, but after the problems I suffered last night I ejected the game and played CoD: Ghosts. 10 min into ghosts and I wanted to die. EA please! Fix the game and most importantly add a goddamn party system so I can play your game with my friends!

Does the PS4's system level party system not work?

Does the PS4's system level party system not work?

It let's you chat but you literally cannot join up as a group before queuing for matchmaking. The only way to join a friend is after they've already joined a server which means hoping there's an open slot (if they used quick match to join there probably won't be until the rounds over) and then you have to try to get on the same team (which won't happen until the start of a fresh round)

Steel

Banned
I got a 90 minute game of obliteration in last night with a friend(Seriously, the game mode needs to have a 60 minute time limit or something) with no disconnection. Woulda been pissed if I missed out on the 1.5 levels from that one game.

aro52

It let's you chat but you literally cannot join up as a group before queuing for matchmaking. The only way to join a friend is after they've already joined a server which means hoping there's an open slot (if they used quick match to join there probably won't be until the rounds over) and then you have to try to get on the same team (which won't happen until the start of a fresh round)

That sucks, but at least it's a slight improvement over doing it on PS3. On PS3, we'd have one guy find a server in the server browser with plenty of open slots, then have others join on him from the Battlelog interface. If we got split up, we'd have to text or Gchat (sorry, Hangouts). It sounds like on PS4, we could at least talk our way through it now.

It's ridiculous, can't believe they don't have a damn party system. Also, party works perfectly in COD Ghosts. They seriously need to get party patched in to BF4 as soon as possible.

aro52

It's ridiculous, can't believe they don't have a damn party system. Also, party works perfectly in COD Ghosts. They seriously need to get party patched in to BF4 as soon as possible.

What's funny is BF3 had a party system, but it was terribly broken and frequently split people up. I guess this is their solution.... giving up on the concept entirely. :/

Shadybiz

What's funny is BF3 had a party system, but it was terribly broken and frequently split people up. I guess this is their solution.... giving up on the concept entirely. :/

Exactly right, yep. The one on PS3 would occasionally work, but quite a bit of the time, it would put us into separate games entirely, or one or two of us would be left in the lobby doing nothing. Sucked.

I will be shocked if they actually patch in a party system, and might actually keel over dead if it functions correctly.

93xfan

Banned
How many people are getting in games and having it not let you respond halfway through the match? Sometimes it'safter a revive. none of the buttons work except the ps button.

Apath

I'm not sure if I'm ever buying a battlefield game again and the fact that EA believes this is an acceptable standard of quality is mind boggling. I'm thinking about returning it and just picking up something--anything--that I can actually spend more time in the game than in the menus.

fritolay

I have XBOX One delivered already. I sit and look at the box and wonder, will Conquest work or will we have a whole new group of issues? Will they be the same?

This is the only game I ordered with my new XBOX One and I had plans for playing this weekend. I don't even know if it will be fun now.

snack

EA should really give its customers something for having to deal with all these BF4 issues. Unacceptable.

COD:G is the same game like usual but at least it works.

CREMSteve

I bought Killzone instead of this today. Really wanted to get BF4 as well, but I couldn't pay money in good faith for a broken product.

Is there an up to date summary on the issues?

A friend of mine wants me to pick this up but am not sure what the problems are or whats been fixed already. He's only played a little bit but hasn't run into any problems.

No party support (besides chat) is a deal breaker for me right now though. That's just insane.

HildyB

Seems like I can only join Team Deathmatch on PS4. Also I bought Premium and I can't get the game to recognize that. Battlelog sees it just fine, but not the game. I downloaded it twice to make sure, and the stupid console now sees two copies of it in the addons section.. UHHHHG, that will haunt me if it doesn't go away. Deleted it on EA support recommendation, and lost all my campaign progress.. man..

Everything is working fine on my 360 copy w/ premium.

Mister D

So how does the cloud saving work with PS+? I think I'm about halfway through the single player and haven't touched it since I found out about the save bug. If the game corrupts my save, will I be able to download a replacement from the cloud or what? I also need to check to see if you can still copy your game saves to a USB like you could on PS3 to prevent losing too much progress. I really want to finish the damn campaign to unlock the guns that are available only by beating the game.

MercuryLS

Banned
I don't know why people expect anything other than substandard crap from EA. This is hardly surprising, shitty SP and broken MP.

Top Bottom