• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Man, this shit has go to be fixed, regardless who is to blame (Sony, EA, whoever). Make a concerted effort to fix this game, being that a large population of people have invested in it and are now expecting to play it as intended/advertised.

I mean, I'm really enjoying Killzone...but I bought Battlefield because I wanted some FPS diversity. I've had the game since THURSDAY and it's still sitting in the shrink wrap because of this thread.

What do? What fucking do.

What annoys me most is the reluctance from either DICE or EA to really show they acknowledge all these problems, and tell me which ones specifically they are fixing. Because if a patch comes that doesn't fix the problems I want fixed, it will severely hurt my chances of keeping this game.

Just super unprofessional.

Pastry

Banned
I have XBOX One delivered already. I sit and look at the box and wonder, will Conquest work or will we have a whole new group of issues? Will they be the same?

This is the only game I ordered with my new XBOX One and I had plans for playing this weekend. I don't even know if it will be fun now.

I'd expect issues, serious ones. But who knows if they'll be the same ones we're having on the PS4.

I'm just surprised there's not more vocalization, this was probably one of the if not the top selling game for the ps4 and it's almost completely unplayable

I played a couple rounds of TDM and Domination today without any errors or crashes

Progress I guess...

I can play maybe 10 in a row of low body count dom, tdm etc before crashing. Rush maybe 2-3, obliteration a few more.... conquest... wait... oh that's right... we still cant even play THE mode the game was made for. EA/DICE... pro ball droppers.

How bad is it?
I might just wait until after Christmas if it is as bad as you guys make it seem, it won't be any more expensive, and if I really like it I'll buy premium, so the free map pack makes no difference.
Key question: do you guys think it will be fixed by then? I have KZ and AC, so I'll have enough to keep me occupied.

Honestly, i wish i did... just WAIT! Right now it's complete garbage and not worth it. Spend the current time/money on KZ or COD if you need another shooter. And download Blacklist... more people need to download and play it... it's really a great FPS!

How bad is it?
I might just wait until after Christmas if it is as bad as you guys make it seem, it won't be any more expensive, and if I really like it I'll buy premium, so the free map pack makes no difference.
Key question: do you guys think it will be fixed by then? I have KZ and AC, so I'll have enough to keep me occupied.

It's basically broken unless you want to only play 5 on 5 no vechiles TDM. Apparently a patch early next week should HOPEFULLY fix at least most of the major bugs and let us play conquest

Tayaya

Question: I really like BF but these issues are scaring me, should I wait until the patches?

There is no need to buy the game TODAY. It's a great game when it's working... the problem is it's hardly ever working. The server and multiplayer problems seem pretty platform-independent, but the crashes on the PS4 version just make it unbearable at times. There are times where I will load the game up and have it crash at the TITLE SCREEN when I press Options to start the game. That's pretty bad!

DICE and EA are aware of the issue and they are working on a patch, which is supposed to land next week, and it's supposed to be a very comprehensive set of fixes.

In the meantime, it's still fun if you wanna play Rush, Domination, TDM, or Obliteration - those modes work pretty reliably save for the game crashing between rounds every now and then.

I've noticed that the crashes seem to get more frequent the more times the game is launched - I uninstalled and reinstalled the game last night and played for several hours with NO crashes. Since the installs on the PS4 are actually fairly quick, I don't mind doing this for now as it at least makes the game playable, but I do still think that this is unacceptable as a long term solution.

Check back next week to see if we're all happier after the patch! Waiting a week for a fix isn't too unreasonable - I'd rather they take the time to thoroughly test it than to release more broken shit. I just hope they toss some Battlepacks our way.

sflufan

Banned
How bad is it?

PC version - server crashes are gone, but there are still client crash issues as well as lag/rubberbanding problems on maps and audio glitches

PS4 - Conquest is completely and totally unplayable, single-player saves are being corrupted, and other multiplayer modes have variable crashing.

The game is a goddamned mess.

I haven't played BF4 since launch day because of these issues. Until they get resolved, I see no reason to only play 32-player obliteration, especially when there is no time limit.

Also, the lack of Rent-A-Server on day one is a fucking disgrace.

While annoying indeed this MP is amazing. Love the upgraded graphics from PS3.

Last two nights I have started the game up Signed out of PSN, then sign in with click of the ps button when at BF start screen. I have finished multiple rush games and TDM, while although getting the CE error at times.

It seems less frequent when signed in from start menu as at times I cant even get past the CE error when signed in.

Zero Hero

Crashing is really inconsistent. Yesterday, I played 9 straight matches without a crash. 32 player server on PC. Logged in later that night, it crashed after the first map change. Same server. It hasn't happened enough for it to discourage me from playing at all.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I mean, I'm really enjoying Killzone...but I bought Battlefield because I wanted some FPS diversity. I've had the game since THURSDAY and it's still sitting in the shrink wrap because of this thread.

What do? What fucking do.

You should get a refund and be happy you never took the shrink wrap off like the rest of us fools.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll wait until the patch and see if it changed anything.
Amazon UK don't tend to dispatch until the day before, so I'll be fine to cancel it next Tuesday/Wednesday if there's issues.

zulfate

I dont care whose fault it is but seriously this is a fucking scam that's going on with the latest batch of games, how long now has it been where a game comes out and doesnt need instant patching. I dont get it, everyone would be screaming if your new car needs to be recalled or your toaster breaks the first time you use it....we just return it, if a game does not work i shouldn't have to jump through hoops to return it. It doesnt WORK! why would you release it! The main feature of the game is not working! Come the fuck on guys (devs/publishers) we are spending our time playing these broken games so that you can make a quick buck. These companies are only destroying this hobby.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll wait until the patch and see if it changed anything.
Amazon UK don't tend to dispatch until the day before, so I'll be fine to cancel it next Tuesday/Wednesday if there's issues.

Do your self a favor and just do it now

Prezhulio

I only got an hour or two out of single player (only played this because I was waiting for multiplayer to download incredibly slowly) before endless crashes started. Disgraceful.

Still waiting on my refund to go through from psn. Took an hour and a half on hold with playstation support, but all they tried was safe mode rebuild database to see if it would fix my problems, and it didn't. Ive tried it every day since saturday when I requested a refund thinking maybe ill call back and have them cancel my refund if I can even run the single player, and everyday it still launches and crashes as soon as it hits the menu (and this is with trying save game sync from the cloud, and other tricks people have talked about working). It let me play a couple matches yesterday but then did the same endless crashes eventually.

Maybe the problem is exclusive to the digital version, but seems unlikely with all the same problems from everyone else. And no, I'm not willing to redownload the mess of a game, as my bandwidth cap is nearly reached for november.

I haven't played BF4 since launch day because of these issues. Until they get resolved, I see no reason to only play 32-player obliteration, especially when there is no time limit.

Also, the lack of Rent-A-Server on day one is a fucking disgrace.

Obliteration on Operation Locker is actually pretty fun. The game goes on forever, but once you've actually scored it's rewarding.

Cheech

I doubt Amazon would let me return this, right? I opened it on launch day :(

You could try. I returned Fallout New Vegas for the 360 after the game systematically destroyed every single one of my saves about 35 hours in. I almost destroyed the disc but thought I'd see if Amazon would take it back. To my shock, I got a full refund.

I'm having the XBox One version of this shipped to me currently. I was considering exchanging it for the PS4 version given the graphical advantages however slight they may be.

Would it be better just to keep the XB1 version? I know that we don't have a lot of details yet on that version's online stability but I'm hoping someone here might have an idea or be able to surmise what to expect.

Thanks very much!

Tayaya

ICome the fuck on guys (devs/publishers) we are spending our time playing these broken games so that you can make a quick buck. These companies are only destroying this hobby.

In their defense (and it's hard to defend EA... this hurts me a little.... I'll just say I'm doing it for DiCE), they claim that everything was fine and stable on 1.0 PS4 OS. If the 1.5 patch didn't release before the ship date for BF4 I could forgive some of this. However, 1.5 was out at least a week before the PS4 hit - I would expect them to have been testing BF4 on it and working on this patch during the week or two between the release of 1.5 and the PS4 launch. The fact that the crashes can happen on the fucking title screen tell me that this wouldn't be a hard problem to repro in the lab.

Server side issues - this is almost expected as I've not played an online-heavy game in a long time that didn't have server issues at launch. The DDoS probably didn't help.

I'm not saying that makes any of this OK, but it does lend a little credibility to the developer as someone that probably isn't out to destroy your hobby. The publisher though... they might be!

TheZink

I'm having the XBox One version of this shipped to me currently. I was considering exchanging it for the PS4 version given the graphical advantages however slight they may be.

Would it be better just to keep the XB1 version? I know that we don't have a lot of details yet on that version's online stability but I'm hoping someone here might have an idea or be able to surmise what to expect.

Thanks very much!

I have the PS4 version. Its a mess. My Xbox will be here friday. If its running better on the ONE Im trading the PS4 version for it. I would just keep the xbox version for now.

In their defense (and it's hard to defend EA... this hurts me a little.... I'll just say I'm doing it for DiCE), they claim that everything was fine and stable on 1.0 PS4 OS. If the 1.5 patch didn't release before the ship date for BF4 I could forgive some of this. However, 1.5 was out at least a week before the PS4 hit - I would expect them to have been testing BF4 on it and working on this patch during the week or two between the release of 1.5 and the PS4 launch. The fact that the crashes can happen on the fucking title screen tell me that this wouldn't be a hard problem to repro in the lab.

Server side issues - this is almost expected as I've not played an online-heavy game in a long time that didn't have server issues at launch. The DDoS probably didn't help.

I'm not saying that makes any of this OK, but it does lend a little credibility to the developer as someone that probably isn't out to destroy your hobby. The publisher though... they might be!
Have you tried it since the latest update? Maybe the 1.51 update on PS4 fixed it?

I complained to amazon about this game. They provided me a 60$ credit to buy another copy of the game... lol?

I went ahead and ordered another. I'll be taking it to Wal-Mart unopened to exchange it for AC4 or something and taking my current copy of BF4 to gamestop since they are doing +30% trade in.

Worst part about this, is they are gearing up for the X1 launch. If they didn't have that exclusive DLC with the expansions and weapons for the X1 version, more resources could have been put towards fixing this. Not only that... but they are hard at work on the first expansions for the premium payers and not fixing their current issues. This upsets me so much.

This patch next week better work. All I've wanted to do is play 64 player conquest. but no.... no can do. I can join empty games via server browser and drive around the maps, but that's all...

9 days until I get the game, EU PS4 launch. Can't cancel because I have BF4 bundled with the PS4. If there's no improvement between now and then, TDM and Domination are the modes with less frequent crashes?

TheZink

9 days until I get the game, EU PS4 launch. Can't cancel because I have BF4 bundled with the PS4. If there's no improvement between now and then, TDM and Domination are the modes with less frequent crashes?

domination is the only games that I havent crashed out of.

Top Bottom