• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

9 days until I get the game, EU PS4 launch. Can't cancel because I have BF4 bundled with the PS4. If there's no improvement between now and then, TDM and Domination are the modes with less frequent crashes?
All games modes run fine, connecting to 64p conquest is the big bug- it won't let you.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Was really looking forward to 64 player conquest on console. It's been almost a week and I've yet to get into a conquest match.

I can get into obliteration matches, but I get booted from the match over half the time. There's no point in trying to put up with this garbage. Looks like this game will be collecting dust until this shit is fixed.

Very disappointing.

Bravocado

I imagine this has already been answered, but anyone know how long premium will be available for? I'd rather wait for some of these issues to iron out before I get it, but I don't want to miss out on free either.

I imagine this has already been answered, but anyone know how long premium will be available for? I'd rather wait for some of these issues to iron out before I get it, but I don't want to miss out on free either.
I think it's always available to purchase. Are you talking about the limited edition with the free map pack? If so, that's all gone on PS4/ PC probably. Might be some left on XB One.

This game is really frustrating. It's rare that I can complete a game anymore before disconnecting, usually only a few minutes in. Connecting to a game through quick match alone is rediculous. How was this game allowed to be shipped. It's bullshit.

All games modes run fine, connecting to 64p conquest is the big bug- it won't let you.
Sorry, but this is misinformation.

I wouldn't count on the Xbox One version running any better. This game has had the exact same problems on every platform.

Yes it does. A friend of mine has the Xbox One version and played it on his MS employee "I Made This" console and it crashes.

I'm willing to bet EA knew about these issues before going gold. They decided to postpone them to the patch. I can almost guarantee this. You can't miss some of these crashes. They are priority 1 bugs and also known as "showstoppers" for release candidates.

Bullshit. I haven't been able to connect to any game, any mode, any player count. The game is a fucking coaster right now.

I gave up until they patch this next week. I already lost all my saved data lastnight. Thank God there are other PS4 games out there.

I have BF4, but reading this forum makes me want to wait a few weeks before I dive in. I am just going to have to play Killzone til then. Obliteration is the fucking shit though.

Maligna

Banned
I'm not even attempting to play it anymore because it corrupted my save twice. This didn't make my PS4 look good to my friends when I tried streaming it and had all these issues.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Bullshit. I haven't been able to connect to any game, any mode, any player count. The game is a fucking coaster right now.

This battlelog post is for you:

Yes, I complain too....the game has bugs.....bla bla bla. What do you expect? Do you understand how much different the creation of games is nowadays compared to our days of Atari? With that many people, machines and codes you can't expect perfection.

---

I find it fucking hilarious that Bf4 works better on the ps3 than it does on the ps4

Defunkled

My friend and I have managed to get into the same game about 5 times in the last 30 minutes. Every time we did, it would kick us after about 2 minutes and say "Connection with the server has been lost."

How in the flying fuck did this game make it past certification?

a916

Bare in mind, while you get all the maps, buying at a later date means you miss out on other things. Nothing major, but double XP weekends, monthly premium skin and a monthly gold battlepack. If none of that matters to you, then you don't miss out on anything.

Sevarro

Neo Member
My friend and I have managed to get into the same game about 5 times in the last 30 minutes. Every time we did, it would kick us after about 2 minutes and say "Connection with the server has been lost."

How in the flying fuck did this game make it past certification?

It used to only be Conquest that didn't work, which means it's probably the servers on the backend that are totally messed up. Which means the patch next week won't fix it.

molnizzle

The best part of BF4 multiplayer is that Warframe is totally fucking awesome. I'd have never picked it up in a world with working 64-player Conquest.

Thanks, DICE!

Bailers

This is very disappointing to hear. I bought a PS4 largely to play BF4 on it. I wasn't too upset about the first day being janky,heck the whole system was. But a week after launch isn't acceptable. I've been traveling for work since Saturday and was getting home tomorrow. So much for looking forward to playing conquest with 64 players.
What a shame too, the obliteration I played on launch day was gorgeous. Now I understand what pc players were crowing about all this time.

majik13

So I have asked them a few times, but haven't seen an answer yet. Has anyone received their Sony code from the Amazon preorder bonus code yet? Any idea when it should arrive? I redeemed the code on Origin on launch day.

DocGaf

Neo Member
Not really an issue but a question I can't find an answer to anywhere.
For those of you that played BF4 on the PS3 then upgraded to the PS4, do the xp boosts from the battle packs transfer over when you move your account over to the PS4?

Prezhulio

Finally got my refund from psn. Thinking ill pick up need for speed or nba 2k14.

I'd Really rather not support EA anymore, so maybe killzone or call of duty will be in the mix instead of need for speed, but the impressions I've hearing of those two sound down right dismal. But hey, at least they would fucking WORK, unlike bf4. Maybe I'll check in a month or so and pick up bf4 again if it's working smoothly.

Finally got my refund from psn. Thinking ill pick up need for speed or nba 2k14.

I'd Really rather not support EA anymore, so maybe killzone or call of duty will be in the mix instead of need for speed, but the impressions I've hearing of those two sound down right dismal. But hey, at least they would fucking WORK, unlike bf4. Maybe I'll check in a month or so and pick up bf4 again if it's working smoothly.

Im going to wait on BF4 because Im an idiot, but how do you get a PSN refund, in case I need to in the future?

Prezhulio

Im going to wait on BF4 because Im an idiot, but how do you get a PSN refund, in case I need to in the future?

I called Sony support and asked. I have a feeling they only allowed it because the game literally does not work more often than not. It should be taken off the store.

What sucks is that when I do get into a working Rush game, I absolutely love it. The problem arises when trying to do anything else, my single player save consistently get erased and leads to crashes, and Conquest simply doesn't work.

DICE needs to patch this, like yesterday. It's ruining the experience of an obviously great MP game, and I think fans of this series deserve it now as opposed to having to wait another day.

jadedm17

Honestly, i wish i did... just WAIT! Right now it's complete garbage and not worth it. Spend the current time/money on KZ or COD if you need another shooter. And download Blacklist... more people need to download and play it... it's really a great FPS!

Its hard to even say that because Battlefield 4's TDM modes still (atleast for me) work fine, and they're 9v9 compared to Ghost's 6v6; Its the 32v32 thats not working.

Plus with Target's deal you can get the game for $30-40 depending.

Prezhulio

wow, I need to give them a call. did you have to argue?

Not really, they did some basic troubleshooting (safe mode+rebuild database) and launched the game again, of course getting the crash at main menu. After that it said it would take 1-2 business days for the refund to process. The nice thing is if DICE somehow *fixes* the shitshow it currently is, the data is still on the hard drive, just need to buy a new license and not have to redownload it.

can someone do me a write up on how conquest on ps4 is like? i want to at least get some experience somewhere.

You mash the x button as the game loads in futile hope you will load into a level, it tries and fails. You close the application and restart and the game crashes instantly, you settle for Obliteration and it fails to connect, then you play Killzone instead.

Sean

Banned
Is there a reliable way to play through the single player without your save getting corrupted?

I wanted to play the SP campaign and then trade it back quickly.

Is there a reliable way to play through the single player without your save getting corrupted?

I wanted to play the SP campaign and then trade it back quickly.

I've been uploading my save to the cloud after every play session. Then if it gets corrupted, I can go download the most recent one and not lose all my progress. It's worked so far, but I've only played like 2 hours of the campaign.

Ramma2

Is in game voice chat broken? Was trying out a new headset adapter tonight, and the mic worked in the PS4 UI but I didn't get any chat audio in multiplayer. Just wondering if it's the game or my adapter.

Top Bottom