• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

This game seems completely broken tonight. I'm getting placed into games where it starts with no opposing players, and I just finished a match where sniper rifles couldn't kill.

Absolutely broken tonight. Booted. Dropped. Hard lock. Software crash. Same experience across a group of 4 friends trying to play one solid game...on any mode...which really only means rush because this shit is broken.

FHIZ

This game seems completely broken tonight. I'm getting placed into games where it starts with no opposing players, and I just finished a match where sniper rifles couldn't kill.

Yeah, feels more broken than usual, that's for sure. This is absurd.

As of this writing a cursory google search for 'ps4 bf4 multiplayer issues' only gives me a story from the International Business Times. Why is no one else doing at least a general 'we know its borked' story?

Pastry

Banned
As of this writing a cursory google search for 'ps4 bf4 multiplayer issues' only gives me a story from the International Business Times. Why is no one else doing at least a general 'we know its borked' story?

Most media outlets have their thumbs up their asses due to console launches. Maybe once the X1 launches and the frenzy is over they'll report on it. Probably not though.

Dartastic

So, I can't play single player because it'll delete my save, and I can't play pretty much anything on multiplayer tonight because I can't connect to shit. Awesome. This game is so fucking broken it's unbelievable. Why isn't anyone writing about this? I wonder when the class action lawsuit is coming. Fuuuck this shit.

Its currently sitting at a respectable overall review score aggregate, lauded for its multiplayer functionality and generally touted as a solid launch release title. There's some shameful quotes in those reviews, especially in light of the fact that the one feature it is constantly praised for is the one feature that does not work.

Haven't read through the thread, but do we know if DICE is actively working on this. Any promises as to quality? I'm thinking of returning my unopened copy for SMW3DU.

Haven't read through the thread, but do we know if DICE is actively working on this. Any promises as to quality? I'm thinking of returning my unopened copy for SMW3DU.

They're hoping to have a patch out "early next week". They also identified Commander Mode as a reason for the crashes and turned it off to make things more stable, but they've only gotten worse in the past 24 hours. So I wouldn't be too confident on the level of quality here.

sflufan

Banned
As a PC gamer, I'm used to this from DICE though the BF4 release on PC was ESPECIALLY broken.

However, I really do feel badly for you guys as the reason you want to play this game is for 64 player Conquest. This is simply inexcusable on the part of DICE for you guys.

a916

Bare in mind, while you get all the maps, buying at a later date means you miss out on other things. Nothing major, but double XP weekends, monthly premium skin and a monthly gold battlepack. If none of that matters to you, then you don't miss out on anything.

I was wrong. You do get all the battlepacks. It doesn't come right away though but it shows up afterwards.

duxstar

Battlepacks are dumb, i feel like its f2p shit bleeding over into a $60 game, also ive been able to play tdm, rush, and domination modes with no disconnects so far.

Joco

Battlepacks are dumb, i feel like its f2p shit bleeding over into a $60 game, also ive been able to play tdm, rush, and domination modes with no disconnects so far.

Agreed. This trend of microtransactions infiltrating $60 titles is really starting to piss me off. Just within the last few months it's been GTAV Online for me on last gen consoles and now both NBA 2K14 and BF4 have similar crap.

ThisOne

I know everyone is complaining about the lag/connection/error issues (with good cause), but I'm wondering if any mention has been made about the wonky ammo and health packs. I throw them and sometimes they bounce around or will fly really far and other times they behave more like they did in BF3. What gives? Are they weird too on the PC? I'm playing on PS4.

I know everyone is complaining about the lag/connection/error issues (with good cause), but I'm wondering if any mention has been made about the wonky ammo and health packs. I throw them and sometimes they bounce around or will fly really far and other times they behave more like they did in BF3. What gives? Are they weird too on the PC? I'm playing on PS4.

I think the difference is the packs versus the boxes. There were no packs in battlefield 3 correct me if I'm wrong and you chuck the packs further. Boxes are a higher level unlock

Cantaloup

Ironically, I just received an advertisement email from Sony that states:

Play Battlefield™ 4 in 64-player online matches with PS Plus

Got this at launch, haven't been able to play a single match of Conquest yet.

You must not have played Obliteration much. I've been able to finish a few games tonight but yesterday and the day before I was disconnecting literally every single game.

I've played a lot of it actually! I'll admit I never played that mode before Monday though. Dunno if that makes a difference. Also haven't played the game at all tonight, and people seem to be having a lot of issues tonight.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Stop acting incompetent and fix this, DICE. I hope negative word of mouth will affect XB1 version sales this weekend.

Oh do the boxes in BF4 behave like they did in BF3? I haven't unlocked them yet.
I asked my friend who plays on PC, apparently it's weird there too...the packs home in towards...something, nearest squad member or nearest hurt mate, not really sure. Looks super physically incorrect though so kind of an odd design choice...

jbpaz

Still can't believe they haven't given us an ETA or anything. If this was another company, then this would be fixed by now.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I asked my friend who plays on PC, apparently it's weird there too...the packs home in towards...something, nearest squad member or nearest hurt mate, not really sure. Looks super physically incorrect though so kind of an odd design choice...

Packs are thrown to your nearest teammate and it supposedly "attaches" to them. Boxes (med and ammo) behave the same like in BF3 but you have to unlock them. Boxes are more useful, has a wider radius and you can put them on the ground to heal/resupply yourself without having to intentionally looking at the ground.

Of note, anyone know how far C4 can be thrown this time? I missed that in BC2. I can see that C4 can be thrown now but not much.

Well, early next week pretty much qualifies as an eta.

But wasn't "early next week" this week? The post on Battlelog was made last weekend, if I wasn't mistaken or sometime around it.

Dartastic

Well, early next week pretty much qualifies as an eta.
They haven't even told us what they're addressing next week though. There are so many broken things going on in this game right now that it would honestly be nice to know. Conquest doesn't work, single player saves get deleted, players get randomly kicked from servers... etc.

Shadybiz

I have not opened my copy due to the bugs.

Could someone give a concise run down as to the issues. Really want to play BF4.

I've been following pretty closely. From what I can tell:

- People are barely able to get into games, and when they are, they'll usually get booted or disconnected within a fairly short amount of time.
- Commander mode doesn't work.
- Single player campaign saves are constantly being corrupted, forcing deletion.
- There is no party system (not really a bug...just an amazingly stupid "design decision").
- The mode that most people would have bought this game for, 64 player Conquest, does NOT work. When people are able to get into a Conquest match, it's with much less than 64 people.
- A rep from EA said that the server counts show him that everything is running fine...wtf.

That's all I've got..I'm sure there's more, but I think those are the big issues.

Pastry

Banned
Ali Hassoon ‏@Striterax_ 27m
If you have a PS4, join our DICE Test Server! Search for DICE Test Server in the server browser!

This is from about an hour ago. Apparently it's a Conquest server. Maybe you should test this stuff prior to release DICE?

Last nght I could play a bunch of TDM and Domination matches - but after each one, my stats/points/etc would dissappear. How do I know? I was on the edge of getting promoted, and would be promoted to the same rank after every match. After this happened a few times - I started watching the stats and counting my deaths / kills, and really watching the results post match: I would be given kills with guns I did not even have unlocked yet, and have very few of my kills counted.

Despite this -> still a good looking and fun to play MP experience.

EDIT: I would also like to be able to complete the SP story someday :(

I've been following pretty closely. From what I can tell:

- People are barely able to get into games, and when they are, they'll usually get booted or disconnected within a fairly short amount of time.
- Commander mode doesn't work.
- Single player campaign saves are constantly being corrupted, forcing deletion.
- There is no party system (not really a bug...just an amazingly stupid "design decision").
- The mode that most people would have bought this game for, 64 player Conquest, does NOT work. When people are able to get into a Conquest match, it's with much less than 64 people.
- A rep from EA said that the server counts show him that everything is running fine...wtf.

That's all I've got..I'm sure there's more, but I think those are the big issues.

I'll add that recorded videos are missing game audio. Minor compared to actual gameplay issues, but sharing Battlefield videos without needing a capture device is something I was really looking forward to. Kind of pointless with no sound.

Ironically, I just received an advertisement email from Sony that states:

Got this at launch, haven't been able to play a single match of Conquest yet.

I found that ad pretty amusing as well

I played about 10 matches of domination last night without any issues and had a good time until it crashed towards the end of my last match. Of course I was having a great match and it didn't save my progress...

Nymphae

Banned
they should give us china rising for this bullshit, or yet free premium for first weak users of BF4.

Seriously. I haven't even bothered trying to play multiplayer on PS4 yet because I'm guessing it's still garbage. On top of that, the first two days I was playing it I kept getting the corrupt saves for campaign, so I basically shelved the game and played something that fucking worked.

Absolute BS and they should be giving something back to the people who bought this on day 1.

witness

Last gen versions are going to be super cheap on black friday (cheap PS4 upgrade), if I am reading that this game is still broke as shit for PS4 by then I'm just going to have to get Ghost.

Xater

I don't know, but my Amazon preorder came with a code for it.

The one I have pre-ordered here in Europe will also come with China Rising.

Man I hope this game get's fixed until release over here. You guys don#t exactly make me hopeful. I just want to play 64 player Conquest....

Is everyone contacting Dice to get compensation on a community basis for this bs? I would demand every BF gamer get at least one month of premium for this horse shit show.

Top Bottom