• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

kendrid

Banned
I honestly haven't gotten a single disconnect in any non-conquest mode.

I played TDM for the first time last night and one minute before the round ended (and I was doing good) I was disconnected. Before that I was playing Conquest for an hour and it never disconnected. It appears to be completely random.

LegoArmo

Amazon will withdraw the product from sale if they get enough complaints that it's falsely advertising features or faulty. That might make them a bit more urgent to fix this, or provide compensation.

Fowler

I've been following pretty closely. From what I can tell:

- People are barely able to get into games, and when they are, they'll usually get booted or disconnected within a fairly short amount of time.
- Commander mode doesn't work.
- Single player campaign saves are constantly being corrupted, forcing deletion.
- There is no party system (not really a bug...just an amazingly stupid "design decision").
- The mode that most people would have bought this game for, 64 player Conquest, does NOT work. When people are able to get into a Conquest match, it's with much less than 64 people.
- A rep from EA said that the server counts show him that everything is running fine...wtf.

That's all I've got..I'm sure there's more, but I think those are the big issues.

Is that true for other consoles too or just PS4?

Curious because my friends and I all decided to go PS4 to play BF4 together, but with all the issues we're going to go out and buy the 360 version to tide us over... just wondering if that's also the case with the current-gen games?

fritolay

I've been following pretty closely. From what I can tell:

- People are barely able to get into games, and when they are, they'll usually get booted or disconnected within a fairly short amount of time.
- Single player campaign saves are constantly being corrupted, forcing deletion.
- There is no party system (not really a bug...just an amazingly stupid "design decision").
- The mode that most people would have bought this game for, 64 player Conquest, does NOT work. When people are able to get into a Conquest match, it's with much less than 64 people.
- A rep from EA said that the server counts show him that everything is running fine...wtf.

That's all I've got..I'm sure there's more, but I think those are the big issues.

- PS4 game crashes on startup at title screen.
- PS4 sometimes game does not start at all after PS4 is in stand by mode. When clean booted it will work (could be PS4 OS)
- PS4 Random crashes leading to game save corruption notification. Game then works better until random crashes start again, then game save corruption occurs again.
- PS4 Recorded videos have no audio
- Android Commander app released, does not boot on many devices, just shows black screen after logging in

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Curious because my friends and I all decided to go PS4 to play BF4 together, but with all the issues we're going to go out and buy the 360 version to tide us over... just wondering if that's also the case with the current-gen games?

From what I hear, yes. I've played the PS3 version considerably and it freezes for some reason at odd times.

Server browser still doesn't show any private servers or even work. I just use "history" or Quick Match. Speaking of, you can't even choose a map in Quick Match now.

Maybe get it to tide you over, but remember, you can't export your X360 data to your PS4.

No party system on 360 or PS3 either.

You gotta join a server and send a game invite or find the same server to join at the same time.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If all this shit magically gets fixed next week, I'll be happy, but who am I kidding? DICE is evidently way over their heads right now, EA is laser focused on promoting Xbox One, and the media is clueless. All I know is $60 was spent and all I have is a lemon of a game and no way of getting a refund. This has been the only disappointment of my PS4 launch, and man, it's a big one.

Had a fun bug last night. Couldn't figure out how to invite someone from the ps4 ui so I opened up battlelog and did it from there. Battlelog immediately freezes and won't close but I can see the game still going on behind it. After the game ends it finally disappears but when the next game starts its obvious its still there even though I can't see it. Ended up just closing the app and going to bed.

Violater

So much potential wasted on what could have been a great product.
EA/DICE are terrible at pleasing their customers and it seems that there is no recourse for it.
The Media needs to shame them much like they did Sony and MS so they can be humbled.

If all this shit magically gets fixed next week, I'll be happy, but who am I kidding? DICE is evidently way over their heads right now, EA is laser focused on promoting Xbox One, and the media is clueless. All I know is $60 was spent and all I have is a lemon of a game and no way of getting a refund. This has been the only disappointment of my PS4 launch, and man, it's a big one.

I'm really interested in seeing how the XB1 version holds up. if that game launches without the crashes, glitches, and a working conquest mode, I'll be livid.

it would indicate a conscious effort to sabotage the competition. But I'm expecting the same problems because they seem to be present across every version so far. PC, PS4, PS3, and 360.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I'm really interested in seeing how the XB1 version holds up. if that game launches without the crashes, glitches, and a working conquest mode, I'll be livid.

it would indicate a conscious effort to sabotage the competition. But I'm expecting the same problems because they seem to be present across every version so far. PC, PS4, PS3, and 360.
I don't think they are sabotaging the PS4 version. But I do think they have hurt their brand, in general.

Cheech

I just review bombed this game on Amazon with one star. I'm not sure what else to do. It is shocking that a week in, and it's still in this state. I would get a refund if I could.

Is everyone contacting Dice to get compensation on a community basis for this bs? I would demand every BF gamer get at least one month of premium for this horse shit show.

I'm hoping someone get the ball rolling on a Class Action Law Suit on DICE/EA, just like how they did with Madden ...this is ridiculous

if the XB1 version works I will be buying it Friday. as I am picking up an XB1 with no games that day.

I don't think they are sabotaging the PS4 version. But I of think they have hurt their brand, in general.

yes they're hurting their own brand. they might even be inadvertently doing what they set out to avoid, pushing gamers away into the arms of CoD, a game that isn't broken out of the box.

delay the game, keep your fans happy with a working product out of the box. all they accomplished with this fucked up game is turn people off to the BF franchise.

Heysoos

You know with the subpar COD game out, EA/DICE had a chance to gain some momentum. But instead they deliver a broken mess. It's only slightly better on PC right now, but I still crash way too much. Net code is still shit too.

Heratiki

if the XB1 version works I will be buying it Friday. as I am picking up an XB1 with no games that day.

If XB1 version works then it will be a shitstorm for EA/DICE showing that it was absolutely apparent that they put more effort into XB1 than PC/PS4 just because of Xbox Exclusivity payments.

After that EA will come out and inform everyone that they have purchased Polygon and plan to release newer more thorough scores on PS4 and it's launch titles effectively ranking them all below 3/10. (Calling it now)

The media should be receiving blame for some of this. They did basically nothing to warn or even test themselves that the online component of this game worked on PS4. So here you have this game receiving a Metacritic rating of 87 currently.

This is all that really matters for these publishers.

That's quite the risk you're taking. I can't even imagine how pissed I'd be if BF4 were the only game I bought with my launch PS4.
nah the game I was looking to the most was Crimson dragon, as that turns out to be terrible. Ryse and Froza don't appeal to me and Dead Rising looks like shit. Have Ghosts and Asscreed 4 on the PS4.

BF4 was in a slew of 5 games I got for PS4. if the XB1 versions conquest mode is PLAYABLE: Ill trade it towards a copy on the XB1.

Played some domination last night it seemed to be real laggy.

Had a weird situation where i was being knifed from the front and the player disappeared and i lived then went back into the knifing and he disappeared again and i lived. i hit the counter knife button both times but no indication that i killed him ever appeared he just disappeared.

TheKurgan

It will be interesting to see how the XBOX One version runs. But knowing DICE/EA I am sure it is broken as well. I can't even play Battlefield 3 on my PC anymore without punkbuster kicking me for no reason.

Maulik

So big picture, why isnt anyone from the games press doing the work and contacting EA and demanding answers? Are they too timid to contact PR now that free shit has been doled out or they dont care enough to find out? Either answer is unacceptable.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
really?! has this been proven?

In that case I will keep my first not working version (PS4) :(

It will be interesting to see how the XBOX One version runs. But knowing DICE/EA I am sure it is broken as well. I can't even play Battlefield 3 on my PC anymore without punkbuster kicking me for no reason.
THE SAME
Just saw a guy streaming it. Yes THE SAME FUCKING THING

The guy gave up trying to play it

xclaw

Just to keep this fire going, I've only been able to play Domination without issue. Which is "ok" for working on weapon unlocks but not quite the reason I paid 120$ for this experience.

Thanks DICE/EA! Really good knowing how much you care about your supporters. Also excellent to know that next weeks patch is designed to fix all these problems. /sarcasm

Horrendous. So very frustrating to to 50-25 with 11k points only to have the server crash.

Not playing this again, I knew I should have returned it before I opened it.

Cheech

really?! has this been proven?

In that case I will keep my first not working version (PS4) :(

On DICE's BF4 forum, early Xbone people have complained it's crashing like crazy.

That was as specific as they got, so I'm not clear as to if it's the same type of bugs as the PS4 or not. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Honestly, though, anyone who knows about the issues the other versions of this game have and go ahead with their Xbone version purchase needs to have their head examined. I already feel stupid enough as-is buying the PS4 version, knowing that the PC and last gen console versions were all having issues.

- PS4 sometimes game does not start at all after PS4 is in stand by mode. When clean booted it will work (could be PS4 OS)
- PS4 Random crashes leading to game save corruption notification. Game then works better until random crashes start again, then game save corruption occurs again.
- PS4 Recorded videos have no audio
- Android Commander app released, does not boot on many devices, just shows black screen after logging in

Care to explain this one? I've had a similar problem, just want to see if it's the same one I experienced.

JimiNutz

Banned
Issues like this really put me off Battlefield games.
If the servers are jacked it's not like you can even get stuck into some decent single player content...

majik13

I was able to play TDM all night last night, went through all the maps a couple times with no dissconnects, with some friends. We tried some Rush and Obliteration and would get disconnected before finishing any round.

Its funny that DICE put up a message in game that they turned off Commander mode, but we still saw some commanders in the scoreboard with a score, and saw people joining as commanders, and then the game would soon crash after.

DICE cant even figure out how to disable broken features. And even worse is that they think they did.

On the bright side, it is a very fun solid game, when you can play. Though I really really hope they add some sort of squad/party system.

Top Bottom