• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

on another complaint. why cant we change loadouts at the main menu?

I had to use battlelog on iOS which is another fucked up buggy mess. or I had to do it during a match which is also dumb because it hinders my team.

I agree, we PS4 gamers need something for free from EA/DICE for putting up with this. I bought the game plus Premium = $110 (roughly) and even while signed out of PSN I can only play the campaign for a little while and it crashes with the CE- #### error. This is complete BS, I understand Day 1 issues, but this being 95% unplayable? It's UNACCEPTABLE. Sure, turn off some features, a few game modes, and rush out a patch that will at least let you boot the game and play without it crashing. No wonder EA has been voted "Worst Company in America" 2 years in a row. I know there is a patch coming next week, but how are they gonna make this right as we will be going 10-12 days with an unplayable game. Shame shame EA/DICE. MAKE IT RIGHT!

I had to use battlelog on iOS which is another fucked up buggy mess. or I had to do it during a match which is also dumb because it hinders my team.

Dude, the garbage app doesn't even fit the screen on a Nexus 7. The content literally goes off the screen like the app is set to a fixed width. It's also slow as shit cause it's basically a website in a container. So pathetic.

I was able to play TDM all night last night, went through all the maps a couple times with no dissconnects, with some friends. We tried some Rush and Obliteration and would get disconnected before finishing any round.

Its funny that DICE put up a message in game that they turned off Commander mode, but we still saw some commanders in the scoreboard with a score, and saw people joining as commanders, and then the game would soon crash after.

DICE cant even figure out how to disable broken features. And even worse is that they think they did.

they might have disabled Commander Mode just for the console side. people still might be playing on tablets/phones

Steel

Banned
Is that true for other consoles too or just PS4?

Curious because my friends and I all decided to go PS4 to play BF4 together, but with all the issues we're going to go out and buy the 360 version to tide us over... just wondering if that's also the case with the current-gen games?

Yeah the party system problem is true for every system.

taoofjord

I agree, we PS4 gamers need something for free from EA/DICE for putting up with this. I bought the game plus Premium = $110 (roughly) and even while signed out of PSN I can only play the campaign for a little while and it crashes with the CE- #### error. This is complete BS, I understand Day 1 issues, but this being 95% unplayable? It's UNACCEPTABLE. Sure, turn off some features, a few game modes, and rush out a patch that will at least let you boot the game and play without it crashing. No wonder EA has been voted "Worst Company in America" 2 years in a row. I know there is a patch coming next week, but how are they gonna make this right as we will be going 10-12 days with an unplayable game. Shame shame EA/DICE. MAKE IT RIGHT!

Agreed. I've been patient about it and it doesn't have me in an outrage as I'm happily playing other launch games, but I feel bad for the people that only picked up BF4. But no matter how patient you are or how pissed you are about the whole thing EA DEFINITELY needs to give something back to the players. My vote goes to double XP for a month and a $20 OFF Premium (or a $20 credit to people who already purchased it).

majik13

they might have disabled Commander Mode just for the console side. people still might be playing on tablets/phones

No idea, I was thinking the same thing, but the ticker message implies Commander mode as a whole was removed. But who knows? Still somehow people were joining as commanders and then the servers would crash. Not sure why they would do one and not the other. Unless they are truly incompetent.

Agreed. I've been patient about it and it doesn't have me in an outrage as I'm happily playing other launch games, but I feel bad for the people that only picked up BF4. But no matter how patient you are or how pissed you are about the whole thing EA DEFINITELY needs to give something back to the players. My vote goes to double XP for a month and a $20 OFF Premium (or a $20 credit to people who already purchased it).

Probably will just be battlepacks if anything at all.

Yeah a $20 refund on premium would be great to have as long as it is a refund and not $20 credit to spend in the EA store. I'm sure that would hard to accomplish though. How about we get a free expansion or 2 (if you don't have premium) and for those with premium a $20 visa sent to us by signing in at battlelog and putting in our shipping info, as I know they can see when we activated our premium. It's doubtful but EA NEEDS to give us SOMETHING!!

I was also thinking about a free map pack but that doesn't help the people who bought Primium already. I also don't think they will outright gift people $20 to their PSN/XBL/Origin account.

the only thing I can think of is maybe Beta access to SW:Battlefront or a free server for 3months.
can we even buy servers this time?

Sorry to be an ass but you've got what you asked for. Unacceptable is that people like you throw money at them and pay up front for everything and when shit hits the fan, they don't really give a fuck because your $110 is already secured and there is no way to get it refunded at all...

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This game is so good. Can't wait until they get the kinks ironed out.

So much fun last night playing TDM and Obliteration with friends.

Taker34

Banned
I have a feeling that they won't manage to fix it until the eu-release. I can imagine that it'll get worse once the userbase grows... unfortunately BF4 is my most anticipated PS4 game.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I wonder if there are any other Law GAFers who want to do an "academic exercise" in protecting consumer rights with this BF4 PS4 situation. I mean, now that I have extra time I initially planned on using to play the game...

Nymphae

Banned
I still want to ask is where is the press? Besides Angry Joe, i havent seen any coverage of this issue.

Who the fuck knows, press is useless these days.

Just wanted to make sure. Is there a GAF-approved hashtag for people who wish to take to twitter in order to air their grievances?

Curious here as well, I just tweeted EA_Dice or whatever that account is, but getting a hashtag rolling might be a good idea.

Oh wow. Had to double check I was in the right thread. Console gaming has really changed.

TheZink

Looks like EA just shut down the Battlefield forums for PS4 on the official page.

EDIT. Nope. Just on the App it wasnt coming up.

xclaw

Looks like EA just shut down the Battlefield forums for PS4 on the official page.

They moved it down the page to the bottom if you're talking about the battlelog forums.

*Edit You're right.
j6hyL2mLBEmjx.PNG

Thoraxes

I really do hate that I literally can not play the game at all. It's literally unplayable.

I'm kind of glad I got the last copy in the B2G1 free deal, because I feel like I saved those 6 other dudes from having their only game not work at all. I have 2 other games to play, but those guys would probably be pissed if this was their only one (which it was going to be for all of them).

Fowler

Not that this matters in a BF4 thread, but the two PS4 games I bought were BF4 and FIFA. Both of which have serious online problems. (I can't join games with random people in FIFA; friends have had similar issues, but weirdly we can play with each other.)

Just sucks. I'm going back to Wind Waker HD while the PS4 just kinda sits there.

(Sorry for the random whine.)

Sanke__

Im surprised a retailer hasnt pulled the game yet. Walmart is usually pretty good about that and it seems kinda dumb to leave it up for purchase on psn.

Doran902

Im surprised a retailer hasnt pulled the game yet. Walmart is usually pretty good about that and it seems kinda dumb to leave it up for purchase on psn.

I talked to the walmart manager and they refused to let me return the game unless EA does a recall on all of them.

Made me real sad.

xclaw

Battlelog forum is still up but they took down the ea.com one and I just watched a Xbox One stream where it crashed on conquest so we're not alone!

Outstanding their ability to deny there is a single problem with this game.

Great work EA & DICE!

The What's New section should be more accurate.
"John6969 tried to play BF4"
"Joeblack13 had little luck getting on BF4 servers"
"Muscles21 got booted to the main menu from BF4"
"John6969 returned BF4"

Cudder

Is anyone having problems with this game not saving single player progress? I'm not getting any save data is corrupt messages, it just doesn't seem to save. Every time I go to Campaign it asks me to restart.

I haven't tried this yet, but will your loadouts save if you change them in the test range?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Tried playing Rush today. No DICE.

I'm supremely disappointed in this game currently, and the fact that the money I spent on it hasn't allowed me to play much multiplayer. Very poor form for DICE and EA.

Is anyone having problems with this game not saving single player progress? I'm not getting any save data is corrupt messages, it just doesn't seem to save. Every time I go to Campaign it asks me to restart.

Lost my save file from a crash. Learned from this thread not to even try with singleplayer anymore.

Also +1 on wanting to know how to change loadout. I also use the iOS app. Some crashes here and there, but it's doing the job.

I haven't tried this yet, but will your loadouts save if you change them in the test range?

i assume so. It just seems like taking a step backward from BF3. same story with the squad situation.

Lost my save file from a crash. Learned from this thread not to even try with singleplayer anymore.

Also +1 on wanting to know how to change loadout. I also use the iOS app. Some crashes here and there, but it's doing the job.

you can change your load out mid-game. when your at the spawn screen you can hit Square for loadout, and Square again to customize the guns themselves.

Top Bottom