• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

nictron

I cast...

U2kDBrI.jpg

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I can confirm some stuff:

I was playing conquest hardcore 16 vs 16 and was fine.

Untill someone wanted to join, when they did the server crashed

Now in the scoreboard only shows 16 slots per team and the game crashes when a person joins on a 16 vs 16 match?
PhijPZB.gif

kaskade

I can't believe this is still a problem. I really want to play the game too. EA should give us half off NFS Rivals or free premium passes. I want free shit.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Is there any word at all on the lack of sound in share clips and streaming?

Really ruins sharing on BF4.

nba2k14 I can understand due to soundtracks, but come on Dice. Let us share epic BF moments.

Rebel Leader

Is there any word at all on the lack of sound in share clips and streaming?

Really ruins sharing on BF4.

nba2k14 I can understand due to soundtracks, but come on Dice. Let us share epic BF moments.

They could just mute the soundtrack when streaming, maybe?

I can confirm some stuff:

I was playing conquest hardcore 16 vs 16 and was fine.

Untill someone wanted to join, when they did the server crashed

Now in the scoreboard only shows 16 slots per team and the game crashes when a person joins on a 16 vs 16 match?

I don't think that's it. I actually made it into a Conquest game on PS4 the other day but it was 4 vs 4 and it crashed about 3 minutes in.

Fonz72

I truly feel that EA should refund Premium memberships and make it free for everyone.
It would be an olive branch to those that are suffering through the broken period and it would lower the barrier of entry for others that want to join later in the lifecycle.

Also because someone is bound to spout off about how stupid we are for pre-ordering,
I say this:

No Battlefield game has been as broken as BF4 at launch. They all have a period of adjustment, but never before has it been this bad. I pre-ordered AFTER playing the Beta which I greatly disliked, because I assumed it would be like the BF3 beta and not an be actual representation of the final product.

We are not slack-jawed fanboys with glazed over eyes, but true fans of the Battlefield franchise and would like to see DICE do well and continue to produce games, therefore we are not above buying a premium service as well as paying full price for their games day one. We knew there would be a few issues at launch, but never expected something like this. We enthusiastically supported DICE and now we ask DICE and EA to support us, the true fans.

I know this is wishful thinking, but damn, some companies really seem to care about fans these days (Sony and even MS) so COME ON EA, IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR IMAGE DO THE RIGHT THING FOR THE FANS OF YOUR BIGGEST SHOOTER FRANCHISE!

ThisOne

I know this isn't really an issue unique to the PS4, but 32-player Obliteration on Operation Locker is horrible. Game never ends and just ends up being a rocket/grenade party as one team tries to push the bomb forward. Hoping they add a 45 or 60-minute time limit to Obliteration games. After 60 minutes, the game could go into some sort of Sudden Death mode if it's tied at that point.

Rebel Leader

I know this isn't really an issue unique to the PS4, but 32-player Obliteration on Operation Locker is horrible. Game never ends and just ends up being a rocket/grenade party as one team tries to push the bomb forward. Hoping they add a 45 or 60-minute time limit to Obliteration games. After 60 minutes, the game could go into some sort of Sudden Death mode if it's tied at that point.

or a vote to skip
Or next map when previous match is over

Violater

Try warframe

I did, it's not bad.
Didn't try getting into any games with gaffers though.
I was really hoping Planetside would have made it for launch, watched a couple streams of Blacklight and it didn't look too bad.

I like KZ there is just nothing like that BF experience, when the game clicks there is the possibility for so many memorable moments.

I can only get into Team Deathmatch Quick Games in Multiplayer on the PS4.

Every single other Multiplayer mode time's out when I try to connect.

All I want to play is Conquest and I'm stuck in this small, CoD-style horsecrap with small maps.

If it ain't 64-players, it ain't Battlefield.

PERIOD.

FIX THIS, DICE!!!

moai

so, i have 60usd ready in my virtual wallet. bf4 yay or nay?
also, is the psn digital version the limited one?

ThisOne

so, i have 60usd ready in my virtual wallet. bf4 yay or nay?
also, is the psn digital version the limited one?

I would wait at least until early next week so you can see what the patch does. As the game is right now, it's not worth $60. Too many crashes/disconnects/save corruptions.

J-P

Neo Member
We really do need a hashtag and it needs to be in the title of the thread. How about #BF4broken or #FixBF4? I don't care what, but something, and it needs to get blasted out. Also, whoever knows all the twitter handles that should receive it, please list them so we can get it going.

We really do need a hashtag and it needs to be in the title of the thread. How about #BF4broken or #FixBF4? I don't care what, but something, and it needs to get blasted out. Also, whoever knows all the twitter handles that should receive it, please list them so we can get it going.

#BF4broken is good-that is simple and gets the point across.

Jack_AG

Banned
There's a #FixBF4 campaign on Twitter and G+ already

Dartastic

I get that people mainly buy battlefield for multiplayer. That's why I bought it. However, as single player saves just get randomly deleted that makes this experience all the more infuriating. I can't even get used to the game in single player. While I can't speak to the scope of the problems going on, that is probably one of the easier issues to solve and fix. I want them to say SOMETHING about what specifically they're trying to fix. As of now, all we know is that it's really broken, they're working in it, and they'll have something next week.

you can change your load out mid-game. when your at the spawn screen you can hit Square for loadout, and Square again to customize the guns themselves.

Yep, I knew about that method. I just wish I could do it w/o having to be in a match.

I get that people mainly buy battlefield for multiplayer. That's why I bought it. However, as single player saves just get randomly deleted that makes this experience all the more infuriating. I can't even get used to the game in single player. While I can't speak to the scope of the problems going on, that is probably one of the easier issues to solve and fix. I want them to say SOMETHING about what specifically they're trying to fix. As of now, all we know is that it's really broken, they're working in it, and they'll have something next week.

There are some weapon unlocks from going through the single player campaign as well, right? Maybe if I just do the whole thing in one sitting, I can just unlock all the crap from it. I noticed that I unlocked a handgun after the first level, and despite having my single player save file corrupted several times, it still stays in my loadout when I play multiplayer. Anyone know how long it takes to get through the single player campaign?

Milennia

They are aware the game is broken, very aware.

Its been broken on PC since the initial launch.

Their response is slow , its always been in these cases.

Jack_AG

Banned
Yep, I knew about that method. I just wish I could do it w/o having to be in a match.

There are some weapon unlocks from going through the single player campaign as well, right? Maybe if I just do the whole thing in one sitting, I can just unlock all the crap from it. I noticed that I unlocked a handgun after the first level, and despite having my single player save file corrupted several times, it still stays in my loadout when I play multiplayer. Anyone know how long it takes to get through the single player campaign?
4-6ish hours. Also, you will need more than one playthrough to collect all weapons. Thankfully you can just restart the final mission over a few times. Sadly, my save corrupted after I beat it the first time.

Not wading through that garbage again for the unlocks. Carbines will be fine for all my kits except recon.

Whoa the PS3 BF3 crew are not getting PS4 BF4?!

we are.

i already own the game, and i'm sure it will be fixed eventually. howeverm i won't lead people into the shenanigans and help put them into a situation where they have to deal with the bullshit EA and DICE has released as an alleged videogame title. you play videogames, you don't watch them crash and burn, that's what a fireplace or rocky bluff is for...

Fuck this. I haven't been able to install the multiplayer portion since launch. It just stops the install at 55%. I should file a lawsuit for a refund and additional damages for the day of PTO I spent wrestling with their shitty fucking game.

BD version. Anyone else have this problem?

I don't know, the game's been pretty stable for me lately. Using the server browser and avoiding Conquest gametypes, I haven't had very many crashes or disconnects in the past few days. They're still there, but not nearly as many as before.

im not sure but there might be unlocks for doing the assignments, like scores and such.

Data source for that data is a banned site...take it for what its worth.

******** is banned right?

Edit, apparently so.

oops

Definity

For kicks I filed a complaint with the better business bureau after Peter Moore denied any issues on twitter with me... just to see what response I would get.

Here it is:

Hello Darrell,

My name is Sara, and I received the complaint you filed with the Better Business Bureau. I understand that you are having issues with your copy of Battlefield 4 for the Playstation 4. I’m sorry about this as I know how frustrating that can be.

I appreciate the links you provided, as well as the time you’ve taken to contact us. I’ve gone over the details you listed, and these are issues that the studio is aware of and currently working to address. Obviously, though, “working to address” isn’t the same as “fixed”. Given patching for consoles has to go through Microsoft and Sony, we aren’t able to update them as readily as PC (we’ve already released a significant patch for stability on PC). It is in the works, though, and our studio team at DICE has been providing updates regularly on the forums (linked below) so that we can keep players in the loop.

I know how upsetting it is to have things like this happen, and more so to not have any idea regarding what is being done to correct it. I highly recommend checking the forum from time to time for the latest news:

- http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/

Additionally, you mentioned some of the modes not working correctly so I wanted to pass on an update over that. The studio has currently disabled Commander mode (to help with stability, more info on the thread), and is working to get that corrected. The difficulties joining 64 player Conquest and receiving “Connection to the Session has been lost” is being investigated as well. They will be keeping the community updated when they have updates on those fronts.

At this time there is no compensation being granted for these issues. Please rest assured, the studio is investigating these issues as we speak and working to address them. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know. Again, I apologize for the headache this has no doubt caused, but thanks for bearing with us. We intend to continue to work with you and the rest of the community to deliver the Battlefield experience you’ve been waiting for.

Thanks,

MogCakes

I'm mostly miffed that my SP save file keeps getting corrupted.
I WANT TO SEE IRISHXHANNAH'S HAPPY END DAMMIT

Goddamn you EA

Top Bottom