• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Dartastic

I'm mostly miffed that my SP save file keeps getting corrupted.
I WANT TO SEE IRISHXHANNAH'S HAPPY END DAMMIT

Goddamn you EA
Meeee too. Mostly because it's something that, ya know, SHOULD WORK OUT OF THE BOX. Like, I get it if servers and online is borked somehow at launch. That at least makes sense because there's a whole other mess of issues going on there. But single player? Come on son. There's no freaking way that QA/Cert didn't find this bug, and there's no freaking way the game should have shipped with it.

Levi

Banned
Getting plenty of games in tdm, which I dislike, and have never once connected to Conquest, which is the reason to play bf4.

Feels bad, man.

GodofWine

dude

IT HAS COMMANDERS! FUCKING COMMANDERS!

something that always crashed the ps4 version

server load has to be extremely low...extremely. if it running tomorrow night at 10pm EST, we riot...we return our copies..trade in our copies..kill their ps4 sales and wait for planetside 2, and it will be our battlefield.

Heratiki

This is 100% unacceptable. I'm going to be keeping an eye on all this overnight during the launch and if it keeps up that all of them work fine I'm going to be contacting EA Support for my refund.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
IT CRASHED
tumblr_l7qse5wJZ31qaqggd.gif

Heratiki

BF4 doesn't use Azure - it uses EA/DICE servers.

This is why Microsoft touting "The Cloud" is so demonstrably stupid... It's complete misinformation most of the time and people suck it in hook line and sinker. If it was even using Azure for the dedicated servers then there would have been monstrous problems on PS3 which there weren't. It's a rushed launch for PS4 and crazy money flung from Microsoft's pockets to EA's. The only ones that suffer are those that have zero clue and are just sitting home trying to figure out why their game doesn't work.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Seeing the Xbox One running 64 player maps makes me angry. One week after I and many others spent $60 or more on this game, we have a broken lemon of a game, while EA and it's unprecedented partnership with Microsoft leads to what now will be described as the superior version simply because it works. Unreal. I almost feel like taking the loss and trading this in towards AC4 or Tearaway

GodofWine

Seeing the Xbox One running 64 player maps makes me angry. One week after I and many others spent $60 or more on this game, we have a broken lemon of a game, while EA and it's unprecedented partnership with Microsoft leads to what now will be described as the superior version simply because it works. Unreal. I almost feel like taking the loss and trading this in towards AC4 or Tearaway

the xb1 streaming crashed.

Azure handling the load better?

no, i meant there cant be many people on since the vast majority arent getting this till after midnight or tomorrow, so the servers just arent stressed yet.

CrovaxPSO

Today for the first time I've gotten stuck on the black screen with the little loading icon indefinitely, happened three times so far.

Heratiki

It crashed once.

This is compared to the PS4 version where you CANNOT play 64 player Conquest AT ALL.

Not to mention you can barely play Single Player without a crash or corrupt save game. Hell even most rounds of Domination and Rush I get all out game crashes and not just the server.

GodofWine

ONCE! FUCKING ONCE!

Which I moved over to the usually Battlefield shit list

alright...geez...like I said if its running well tomorrow at 10pm eastern then its probably ok.

edit: look we are pissed at EA-Dice, not rooting for your version to fail..but if it did it would bolster the backlash. I hope both versions work fine, luckily i never unwrapped it, so im not out a dime...but it was kinda the game i was looking forward to the most.

a916

BF4 doesn't use Azure - it uses EA/DICE servers.

Is this actually true for the XB1 servers? I believe the big deal MS made was making them a cheaper alternative for other people (though EA could have cheaper servers since they've been doing it for a while now).

Yep it's freaking crap. It's been a full week since the game was released and this shit is still broken. I love seeing ads for the ps4 copy talking about playing 64 player online, yeah right

Man, this sucks. Can't play Conquest...keep losing connection with Rush.
I don't want to play Infantry-only Team Deathmatch with a small number of players (half camping snipers.)
Game should not have shipped broken like this. &^%$#

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
alright...geez...like I said if its running well tomorrow at 10pm eastern then its probably ok.

serious biz.
It is currently running better than BF4 ever did on PS4. As someone who spent $60 on a defective product, it is serious business. This just smacks of MS payola.

Top Bottom