• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

witness

I don't even have a PS4 yet but that is pretty fucking infuriating to see the Xbone version working great compared to the shit you guys are dealing with.

This game is only going to be $25 black friday to, so its a cheap PS4 upgrade. I really hope its fixed soon.

Seeing the Xbox One running 64 player maps makes me angry. One week after I and many others spent $60 or more on this game, we have a broken lemon of a game, while EA and it's unprecedented partnership with Microsoft leads to what now will be described as the superior version simply because it works. Unreal. I almost feel like taking the loss and trading this in towards AC4 or Tearaway
No, the PS4 version is still superior because I can play it from the bathroom using my vita.

sangreal

meanwhile, back on the ps4...

actually managed to get into a conquest large game

counting down to start...

disconnected

watching that fucking stream really makes me want to play :(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
You guys should wait for it to be in more people's hand. We'll see if it's stable or not.

Umm hell no

October 30th

Potentially more worrisome than the pop-in was a consistent error that would dump me back to the PS4's front end. Error CE-34878-0 reared its ugly head five times during my session, and I wasn't alone – other journalists also suffered the game-crashing prompt. I was told that this signified a network error, and we were playing on EA's own internal servers, so it's hard to know if the problem will persist when the game is available to the PS4-owning public in November.

DICE should admit they have an unplayable mess of a game in their hands and turn off the servers until they can fix these issues. Work through the night, you've duped hundreds of thousands of us into buying this dud, do the right thing by your fans and customers for once.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
It is currently running better than BF4 ever did on PS4. As someone who spent $60 on a defective product, it is serious business. This just smacks of MS payola.

Yeah, it's hard not to get paranoid and cynical at this point. The game is just plain broken on the platform.

Dylx

If I didn't pay 22$ plus tax for this game I would have returned it. But I know I will buy it again, and the cost of ownership will be higher.

But I'm done complaining until this patch comes, if it still doesn't work....I riot.

Off to play some small conquest, obliteration!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Yeah, it's hard not to get paranoid and cynical at this point. The game is just plain broken on the platform.
I have truly tried to not go down this path, but EA has just about ignored the PS4 this week via social media, and after previews came in touting the PS4 version as superior, this shit pops up.

Dug

Banned
Saw this on the Battlelog forums...

rmlz3yA.png

I hope DICE actually puts it in the game, I would use it!

Heratiki

I have truly tried to not go down this path, but EA has just about ignored the PS4 this week via social media, and after previews came in touting the PS4 version as superior, this shit pops up.

I'm in the process of contacting GameStop and EA Support regarding a refund. GameStop doesn't allow returns of an opened product so now it's in EA's Court.

Heratiki

A friend of mine kept losing their single player saves due to a bug. That one seems to have been taken care of, from what he tells me.

I got the corrupt save error this morning around 11 and that was after the 1.51 PS4 update so I don't think it has been fixed yet.

txag2005

Banned
The most frustrating thing to me is the lack of acknowledgement we are getting from EA/DICE on all these issues.

Some games have buggy launches, we get it, but if they at least admitted there were issues and gave us updates on progress for getting these things fixed, I know I and many others would feel a lot better. Instead, aside from a random post I saw on the battlelog forum, complete silence from EA. The tweet the poster earlier in the thread got from Peter Moore basically saying "it's you, not us" really points out EA's approach to this whole issue.

Now we have evidence that the Xbox One version is working better than the PS4 ever has. Seriously? What the hell is going on?

CrovaxPSO

Between these issues (mainly lack of conquest) and being unable to sign in to Uplay with AC4, Killzone is the only PS4 game to have not let me down in some way.

SHADES

BF4 64 CQ is what (at least the 1st year of) next gen is all about for me, I'm going in to pay for my PS4 tomorrow but I'll be honest if they have an XBone spare I'll get that instead(fuck, did I really just say that??? I did) I've been so up for PS4 but Battlefield is my poison & if it's going to run better on XBL I'll take the hit on all the other good stuff until I can afford one, mega pissed off how BF4 is seeming to be running on PS4' asked @ YOSP but as yet nothing, please tell me it's gonna be ok Shu :-(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
BF4 64 CQ is what (at least the 1st year of) next gen is all about for me, I'm going in to pay for my PS4 tomorrow but I'll be honest if they have an XBone spare I'll get that instead(fuck, did I really just say that??? I did) I've been so up for PS4 but Battlefield is my poison & if it's going to run better on XBL I'll take the hit on all the other good stuff until I can afford one, mega pissed off how BF4 is seeming to be running on PS4' asked @ YOSP but as yet nothing, please tell me it's gonna be ok Shu :-(

Get the console you choose but don't base it on Battlefield

Heratiki

Still no word from EA or DICE? This is ridiculous. I'm about to just trade my copy in towards Zelda tomorrow.

Demand a refund under US Consumer Law. The game was obviously falsely advertised. 66 Players nope. Single Player Campaign nope. The game does not work as intended which under US Consumer Law should net you a full refund.

I love battlefield but I'm done with this game until I can play conquest. I hate every other game mode. Rush was amazing in BC2 though.

Heratiki

The most frustrating thing to me is the lack of acknowledgement we are getting from EA/DICE on all these issues.

Some games have buggy launches, we get it, but if they at least admitted there were issues and gave us updates on progress for getting these things fixed, I know I and many others would feel a lot better. Instead, aside from a random post I saw on the battlelog forum, complete silence from EA. The tweet the poster earlier in the thread got from Peter Moore basically saying "it's you, not us" really points out EA's approach to this whole issue.

Now we have evidence that the Xbox One version is working better than the PS4 ever has. Seriously? What the hell is going on?

Oh they have admitted there are issues but are playing pretend that it's only affecting a few users of the game which is total bullshit...

https://help.ea.com/en/battlefield/battlefield-4

LowSignal

I can't believe the XB1 version of conquest works. I sold my PS4 version this morning on craigslist so I'm not too mad. I'll pick it up tonight on XB1 I guess...

I can't believe the XB1 version of conquest works. I sold my PS4 version this morning on craigslist so I'm not too mad. I'll pick it up tonight on XB1 I guess...

We're seeing it work with a handful of people playing. The PC and PS4 versions have been pretty broken, so I wouldn't just assume DICE has become super competent and the Xbox One version will magically work.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Decided to try out the campaign to see if I could at least check it out for a bit. Froze halfway through the first mission.

Took my PS4 to another house with a a completely different ISP and still had 5 disconnects in 40 minutes and 4 crashes. I wanted to try a different ISP since support told me that it was obviously my internet that was the issue.

Also sad that they say on the dash of the game that they disabled commander mode and fixed ipthe game. They got a lot more issues than just commander mode.

Heratiki

We're seeing it work with a handful of people playing. The PC and PS4 versions have been pretty broken, so I wouldn't just assume DICE has become super competent and the Xbox One version will magically work.

Guess we will find out in a couple hours or so but I don't see the issues on PS4 being just server issues. I've had the game crash with the same error in Single Player as well as Multiplayer. So how would more people playing change anything?

W1SSY

Took my PS4 to another house with a a completely different ISP and still had 5 disconnects in 40 minutes and 4 crashes. I wanted to try a different ISP since support told me that it was obviously my internet that was the issue.

Also sad that they say on the dash of the game that they disabled commander mode and fixed ipthe game. They got a lot more issues than just commander mode.

L O L
I have not played the game since the first night I got it. Until they fix the game it is unplayable. Luckily other games on the PS4 are keeping me entertained.

L O L
I have not played the game since the first night I got it. Until they fix the game it is unplayable. Luckily other games on the PS4 are keeping me entertained.

Yeah I'm glad I got AC4 and Killzone which both work perfectly. I'm just mad cause I was waiting to play this game already while 360/PC got too and now it's just broken. I've given up now and won't try until I see an update download.

Heratiki

What's pissing me off even more is that so many publications and websites have just been completely silent on the whole ordeal. It's obvious it's happening but why in the hell has it been so quiet when the bullshit about the BLOD for the PS4 launch went stupid ass viral?

sangreal

What's pissing me off even more is that so many publications and websites have just been completely silent on the whole ordeal. It's obvious it's happening but why in the hell has it been so quiet when the bullshit about the BLOD for the PS4 launch went stupid ass viral?

Yeah, it's really fucked up. I feel we deserve some kind of compensation (or refunds for those of us who bought on psn) but EA is feeling no heat so they don't give a shit

Steel

Banned
Just played a 70 minute game of obliteration without getting d/ced at least. Dodged a bullet there, I leveled up my Mobile Anti-aircraft 5 times that game, woulda been a damn shame if I had lost the unlocks....

Replayed the game earlier today and the only mode I actually got the error in was Obliteration (probably cause it went for far too long). Also got a disconnection from the server at least once or twice. Haven't done Rush again but I'll test it out later if I can

From what I remember it ran great on PS4 Pre-launch, that not a special Xbox thing lol. It's the game servers it seems like, going through EA servers has sucked since army of two. When it arrives on the Xbone it will be just as fucked up and EA will eventually have to see the common denominator. Since it's pretty well known the PS4 was made rediculously easy for developers to work with, I'm just not convinced it's Sony's fault.. They blamed a firmware... Really?
Think they retracted that statement but I'm not sure.

blahness

So did DICE re-enable commander mode? Or was it not ever really disabled? I just jumped in as commander in an obliteration match. I did eventually get disconnected though.

Top Bottom