• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So is it not crashing any more? Can we play the campaign without save corruption yet? It's good to hear that things are getting better.

Namikaze1

And here I was about to take my sealed copy back to GameStop to get a refund and possibly put the money towards Zelda. Glad things are working out so far. Gonna hold on to the game a bit longer just in case all these problems get sorted out soon.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So is it not crashing any more? Can we play the campaign without save corruption yet? It's good to hear that things are getting better.
Not so fast buddy!

The PS4 version finally got 64p Conquest Matches working
And apparently is a bit more stable. :0

bombshell

Client issues are not fixed, because there's been no patch yet, so it can still crash. But conquest with 64 players is working.

wow EA... I'm really at a loss for words about the timing of all of this. Intentionally turning off the primary core feature of one of your flagship games until your precious sugar daddy launches it's console.

I think it's guaranteed there will be a threepeat as worst company in the world...

on PS4: played now 2 50+ person conquest games and no crashes

gonna say it's looking pretty good fellas, will continue playing while I can. will post if servers go to shit again-

bootski

man from the first few pages of this thread, it's like nobody has even seen an EA launch (or BF launch on PC, for that matter) before.

edit: all of this is the reason that that guy made the post about how publishers look at day-1 buyers as suckers. busted SP w/ save corruption, busted MP. cmon!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Client issues are not fixed, because there's been no patch yet, so it can still crash. But conquest with 64 players is working.

OK. I guess it's a start. The crashes are the extra infuriating part so I guess I'll keep waiting. At least it kind of works now.

Lakitu

st5fu
Anyone on PS4 tried out Obliteration? Eager to know if it plays well, it's 32 players only right? Do all servers have timers?

Smidget

Working perfect now :) Hooray! Conquest time!! Only a week later. Will still wait on patch for single player....

Edit: Spoke too soon, crashed between maps.

I know it's been mentioned, but it does seem really fishy that this just happened to start working the day of the Xbox One release... with no patch download at all... and no prior info that they were going to be working on it today.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic I can finally play 64p Battlefield, but... this is looking pretty shady EA.

Can someone explain what triggers the opportunity to counter-knife someone when they're knifing you? The reverse backstab? I get it occasionally but don't know how.

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic I can finally play 64p Battlefield, but... this is looking pretty shady EA.

The only justifiable excuse is that server side issues were identified that would have impacted both platforms and the focus was getting those issues resolved before the XBox One lauch.

The only justifiable excuse is that server side issues were identify that would have impacted both platforms and the focus was getting those issues resolved before the XBox One lauch.

I hope that's the case, I'm no fan of EA but I'd like to think that even they wouldn't pull something that underhanded.

Pompadour

wow EA... I'm really at a loss for words about the timing of all of this. Intentionally turning off the primary core feature of one of your flagship games until your precious sugar daddy launches it's console.

I think it's guaranteed there will be a threepeat as worst company in the world...

I think people in this thread are trying to see a conspiracy where there isn't one.

Hanlon's Razor said:
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Jharp

So the PS4 version is picking up? Considering picking this up after work today.

How necessary do you guys say premium is for the PS4 version? I found it very necessary for the PC version of BF3, and it pissed me the fuck off. Hoping I don't need to plop down for that bullshit again.

Z3M0G

Working perfect now :) Hooray! Conquest time!! Only a week later. Will still wait on patch for single player....

Edit: Spoke too soon, crashed between maps.

Unless there was a new client patch, that is to be expected. Crash will require client fix, Getting the conquest mode up and running likely only needed server side work.

GodofWine

Well, i was going to return it on the way home tonight...but it seems they have pulled their head from the arse.

There is no conspiracy though, nothing could have hurt ps4 or improved xb1 on launch week, stock is sold through.

Doran902

did they fix the ce juy85490y32t8904 error that crashes at the menu? or did they just fix the fact that you can't join servers

because I couldnt get through the menu yesterday let alone actually PLAY the game

Zareth

Anyone getting the odd weird artifacting when you are in the deploy screen? looks like tiny white squares here and there occasionally.

Pop

So let me get this straight...

BF4 on Ps4 is working now to were you can play 64 player Conquest matches, right when the XboxOne launches.

Haha EA/Dice

It's almost too obvious

Anyone getting the odd weird artifacting when you are in the deploy screen? looks like tiny white squares here and there occasionally.

I've being seeing those too. What the hell is that. Also, the screen flickers occasionally and the colors wash out. Other than that, it's totally playable.

Top Bottom