• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4 multiplayer issues

Played 2 conquest matches and both crashed before they ended

Baby steps I guess...

Yeah, gotta start somewhere I guess.

Looking forward to trying this out when I get home tonight.

I didn't even realize... this whole time I've been playing and never once have I heard someone speak. Voice chat is broken, it seems.

Played Conquest two matches then crash. The performance gets worse as you keep playing it seems, but it works awesome for a good while. It functions. Took a week

Steel

Banned
Played Conquest two matches then crash. The performance gets worse as you keep playing it seems, but it works awesome for a good while. It functions. Took a week

I get the impression that the crashing is something that is common to all versions. PC folk have been getting crashes, and it looks like the xbox one has the crash thing in too. The not being able to play conquest and the save file corruption were unique to the PS4 version.

Played a couple of Conquest rounds, finally. Wow, this is hectic! I only ever saw a few flags and felt like I was under fire constantly. Very fun.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I can officially confirm I'm terrible at this game and only serve to drag down any team I happen to be on.

It's quite a spectacle though, that's for certain.

A friend and I played 5 matches last night with full servers (domination, conquest large, and rush) and it was incredibly smooth and didn't crash/bug once. The only issue was servers not loading initially. It was our first time playing on ps4 and expected it not to work but it was great. Hopefully that means things are worked out? Or working out?

Was it smooth?

yup

I didn't even realize... this whole time I've been playing and never once have I heard someone speak. Voice chat is broken, it seems.

yea I hopped in a game with another gaffer (FinalElite?) and was calling out enemy positions to him over the regular squad chat and don't think he could hear me at all

I've played 3 conquest matches so far and haven't heard a peep from anyone

Can someone explain what triggers the opportunity to counter-knife someone when they're knifing you? The reverse backstab? I get it occasionally but don't know how.

you can counter-knife when the guy attacks from straight ahead. it's to punish the fools who think this is CoD and go around knifing everyone

MMaRsu

Damnit EA makes me really not want to pick this up but aaaaaaah

it's probably so much fun in conquest with 64 players :(.

Milly79

yup

yea I hopped in a game with another gaffer (FinalElite?) and was calling out enemy positions to him over the regular squad chat and don't think he could hear me at all

I've played 3 conquest matches so far and haven't heard a peep from anyone

Will you be my PSN pal? :)

OH MAN actually played 64 player Conquest! It's bloody amazing. Mostly smooth, one frame dropping moment in 4-5 matches, minor rubberbanding here and there, and crashed once, but I'll take it.

New thing I've noticed though, I get moments of chromatic aberration ALL. THE. TIME. in Conquest. What the hell does it mean...only thing I can imagine is I was spotted? Or fatigue from sprinting?

J-P

Neo Member
OH MAN actually played 64 player Conquest! It's bloody amazing. Mostly smooth, one frame dropping moment in 4-5 matches, minor rubberbanding here and there, and crashed once, but I'll take it.

New thing I've noticed though, I get moments of chromatic aberration ALL. THE. TIME. in Conquest. What the hell does it mean...only thing I can imagine is I was spotted? Or fatigue from sprinting?

Maybe you're referring to suppression. I think it's supposed to happen when you're under heavy fire?

DoomGyver

This is my first BF game, played 3 conquest 64ppl maps.. holy crap this is awesome. I had one crash in the menus. Managed to break even k/d for the most part, although it's awesome how many points you can get doing objectives. I need gaffers to play with and show me the ropes. psn in profile.

sflufan

Banned

Well, on the PC version, it's a bug that's currently being investigated by DICE that occurs when the enemy Commander is using an EMP drone. It's only supposed to occur when you're under suppression.

taoofjord

Glad it's working. As someone who also owns the PC version I'm thoroughly satisfied with the PS4 version. They really nailed aiming on the controller... feels great. Can't wait to finally play conquest this weekend!

Got 3 matches in. Crashed after exiting out. Better than before, but still some little kinks to iron out. Good Lord Almighty, this is some fun shit.

Also need a better way to play with friends, dammit!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This is my first BF game, played 3 conquest 64ppl maps.. holy crap this is awesome. I had one crash in the menus. Managed to break even k/d for the most part, although it's awesome how many points you can get doing objectives. I need gaffers to play with and show me the ropes. psn in profile.

Do not even look at your K/D. It is completely irrelevant in the BF franchise, and if you chase it you're going to be a shit team player.

If you can flip that flag but it means you'll die, flip that flag.

I wish they wouldn't even show K/D on your stats, it just encourages people to play badly.

terrible

Banned

I heard someone coughing and clearing their throat for an entire match this morning when I played so I guess the voice chat at least works sometimes :/

Ljwinter

Banned
If you have a positive K/D ratio in a Battlefield game, you're probably playing it wrong!

That's not true. My K/D for BF3 was around 1.4 and captured many flags and repaired many vehicles.

It's all about how you do it.

My K/D for BF4 is 1.2 but all I've been playing is TDM. Hope to get in on some conquest later tonight.

KillGore

Is there any way to make a party?

Also, most of the time I join a server my friend is currently playing at, I get put in the opposing. I have yet to find a way to change my team before or after the match.

Ljwinter

Banned
Is there any way to make a party?

Also, most of the time I join a server my friend is currently playing at, I get put in the opposing. I have yet to find a way to change my team before or after the match.

No party option as of yet. Weird for a game that revolves around squad play.

Go to Team Setup and click in the right analog stick to switch teams.

Voice chat works perfectly for me,if it doesn't work it's only because the players are either in party chats with friends or simply doesn't have their mics on. I've always felt that party cross game chat sucks when it comes to games where cooperation is needed because of that. People prefer staying in their party chats instead of going into the game chat.

so long as you don't hit the touchpad you won't crash. battle log crashes me instantly every time.

beware haha

other than that: no issues since 9am EST for me- conquest is again king-

TitanPilot

Neo Member
Oh boy, The only thing standing between me and some Conquest is that 495 traffic, Bring it!

PSN : Dale_Dankleton

add me i want to play with you crazy Gaf people

Top Bottom